Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly (18678 Views)

Tinubu Admitted To Me He Had No Blueprints On How To Govern Nigeria — Naja'atu / Opposition Parties Claim Majority In House Of Representatives, First Time Ever / Dayo Isreal: Tinubu Doesn't Sleep Until 4am, He Is Fit To Govern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 13, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Buhari asking for amnesty for Boko Haram was way after his failed attempt at stopping Niger Delta's. Those boys will never let it end. So how does Peter Obi want to do it?

That's why I'm saying since Buhari couldn't do it, no one will be able to. Peter Obi shouldn't toll that part if not Nigeria will get too hot from him.
The only way to stop them is if your military is enough to protect every inch of the country.

But buhari was on it until his long leave for health challenge, remember he was after tompolo for a long while, while arranging the Ogoni cleanup which never happened.. if he had maintained that pressure, he would win.. you cant fight the government and expect to win on such issues..

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by VirileNelly2420: 10:48am On Aug 13, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Should I remind you of what the Senate did to Buhari when he wanted to stop budget padding in 2016. That's the Senate where the majority are in his party o.
They didn't approve the budget and for almost half a year, Nigeria was running without a budget.

With all Buhari's power and him being a Fulani general, he gats bend and allowed them have their way.

Yet Obi is saying he can do all these..

Both him and his supporters doesn't even know how things work in this country.
U can't compare Buhari to Obi... Certainly, with all due respect, Obi is more informed and knowledgeable in civilian democractic philosophy...
Obi doesn't depend on aides, he personally gets involved in most progressive developments. So, u can barely lie or deceive him wen it comes to governance and parastatals.

I believe Atiku and possibly Tinubu know diz things just like Obi. But d point is, will corruption and hunger for wealth n power allow dem to assert dem? Will dey have d strong will to serve d people and deliver d mandate handed over to dem by d people? Does their conscience still work? Still moved by empathy? ... I mean, do dey feel d suffering and hardship people face in dis country?

Obi is an economist. From precedence, he doesn't like unnecessary spending. He certainly will cut d bogus cost of governance, shaddy projects, etc...

If not him,@Obi, we need people like him.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by ribbit: 10:48am On Aug 13, 2022
Esseite:

Buhari gave the SE a reason to call for attention while claiming victim, it happened with GEJ on SW aswell, he wanted to counter that with the Speaker HOR, but Tinubu was faster to hold on to that victim chance he had got.... the 5% speech was in 2015, the first set of security appointments were in 2015, which set a sequence of other gaffes until his health challenge set the popularity decline in motion....
loads of crap.
The 5% changed nothing as buhari still won in 2019 the same region he won in 2015.
Those who went against him in the Senate were brutally voted out in 2019
What does that tell you?

Jonathan lost after sidelining the Yorubas that fought for him all his presidency.
Buhari won despite sideline igbos and calling them 5%.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 13, 2022
ribbit:
loads of crap.
The 5% changed nothing as buhari still won in 2019 the same region he won in 2015.
Those who went against him in the Senate were brutally voted out in 2019
What does that tell you?

Jonathan lost after sidelining the Yorubas that fought for him all his presidency.
Buhari won despite sideline igbos and calling them 5%.

Its obvious we are no longer on cognitive issues... good chat, anyways do have a great day.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by olisaEze(m): 10:59am On Aug 13, 2022
loosecanon50:
I can see people saying "this man doesn't understand governance". The typical Nigerian is used to bad governance and suffering, they see it as a norm. That's why whenever they see attempt at good governance, they deem it impossible and unrealistic.

Birds born in a cage believe flying high to be an aberration. All those kids talking that crap, thinking it makes them sound sophisticated were all born post '99 into a twisted political ideology.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by ribbit: 11:01am On Aug 13, 2022
Esseite:

Its obvious we are no longer on cognitive issues... good chat, anyways do have a great day.
yeah

Next time, go to beer parlour and have your political debate there. Not on nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by PharmacyStore: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2022
Yes God will grant you victory
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by truthfinder319: 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2022
You will fight corruption with Panama and Bewery funds. This guy lacks political knowledge

nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

https://independent.ng/i-can-govern-nigeria-without-labour-party-having-majority-in-national-assembly-obi/

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by charlsecy(m): 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:
What makes Obi think a president can work with success in Nigeria when the legislative is opposed to him?
Nothing to show you understood what Obi said!
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by marv1: 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2022

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by ImperialYoruba: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Wot exactly are u saying?

The young man said he governed Anambra with no legislature from his party. Is da a lie?
He served 8yrs. Even when his mandate was stolen, he fought back a repossessed his mandate. Is d man not wonderful?

Like he said, wen dey see he's doing well, dey will join him. Dey can aswell join his party @Labour Party.

I think he has a charisma da guards him. He has force/vision in his words/actions.

Is it not legislature that impeaches executive?

You are inviting trouble when you have an opposition legislature. Obi is thumping chest that he can rule with opposition because he treats politics like a juvenile. His gullible Obi supporters are applauding him.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by adioolayi(m): 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2022
Mr Peter Obi...

CAMPAIGN FOR YOUR PARTY...

Your goal should be to win and win with your party aspirants winning their various positions too.

This statement, if true is shaded with selfish and personal interest only...and shows you are not a party man!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by ImperialYoruba: 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2022
loosecanon50:
I can see people saying "this man doesn't understand governance". The typical Nigerian is used to bad governance and suffering, they see it as a norm. That's why whenever they see attempt at good governance, they deem it impossible and unrealistic.

We are not open to experimenting with leadership. Even if we are, it will not be Obi in leadership.

Beside building brewery, discriminating against non-Anambra ibo, discriminating against other ethnics, against anglicans, against osu, Obi cannot point to a major social development that advanced people. He ran a government of non inclusion. When asked what he achieved he points to brewery and leaving 28 billion naira behind.

Beside, he was impeached because his legislature was opposed to him.

I have given examples locally on what to expect when an executive is working with opposition. I can give you examples abroad. Every president that has ever been impeached or had their administration stalled, also had opposition party in majority at the assembly or parliament.

Obi is clueless, and lacks understanding on what it will take to rule Nigeria. That statement is reckless, shows he needs tutelage under Tinubu to learn skills in politicking the Nigerian way.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by ImperialYoruba: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

So you believe this stupid lie.
Ok can you tell us what he has done better in his second term?
If anything his second term is worse than the first!

When a person start off on wrong foot, do not expect a good finish.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by emilo2bad: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2022
[quote author=loosecanon50 post=115648007]

So you're the one that understand the intricacies. Why not contest then so we can vote for you?[/quote
what stop you too from contesting
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by emilo2bad: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2022
[quote author=loosecanon50 post=115648007]

So you're the one that understand the intricacies. Why not contest then so we can vote for you?[/quote
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Karlosorji(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2022
diadem10:

List your D pass graduate Peter Obi's achievement or shut up your hole.
don't tell me you have been deaf all these while
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by ImperialYoruba: 1:29pm On Aug 13, 2022
Image123:

He has not lost his mind, only lying as usual. He'll decamp back to either PDP or APC depending on who is majority, but likely PDP as his goons are there. He did same as governor. His hoodwinked followers don't know the mess we're in.

He learnt that shit from Atiku, decamping from one party to another and swindling gullible electorate. Like the statement, he can lead even if LP is not in majority. Many of his Obiends are retweeting it and cheering him on making a most foolish statement in public. I guess that's what spurs them on, foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by duncan511: 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Who owns AirPeace, no be Iboman?
No be Iboname is printed on that plane?

How many plane do you see with personal name painted on it?

No be loudness be dat?
No be ibo like noise? cheesy cheesy
Make they print your papa name for inside, Na your papa get the plane, you don’t understand the meaning of the Nee attach to the plane, must every things in Nigeria be tribalist, whether Igbo or Yoruba waiting concern you with the name, enter any plane you wish to enter as long you can afford it, you people should stop all this tribalism and let move our country forward.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by KanwuliaExtra: 1:50pm On Aug 13, 2022
Cutehector:
oh he has already won just as the devil has lost

Your kind of faith is that which can cure impotence. I lovvvvit. grin
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by NwekereNdoki: 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Obi has not been able to answer one question clearly and he always love jumping in front of the camera

If you don't understand it is not his fault.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by NwekereNdoki: 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2022
DrAkpamudehe:

This obi guy and his followers are simply silly and daaft, I must confess. He doesn't understand the intricacies of the position he is running for. Maybe he should go and read about balarabe musa

SO it's TInubu that understands?? IS there anywhere in the constitution that said that an opposition member with no sit in the senate can't be president? Na you be daft. ODE

When the time comes, Obi will face them sqaurely. You think say Obi na weakling like GEJ?

OBI WILL PUSH NIGERIA'S INTEREST IN AL REGION AGAINST SELFISH PEOPLE'S INTERESTS. THAT'S WHY I LOVE HIM. HE HAS DONE IT BEFORE,
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by LordOfTheGame: 2:14pm On Aug 13, 2022
beelon1020:
Careless... selfish... and very idiotic person....

Millions of miles far better than your miserable father if you actually have one.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by VirileNelly2420: 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Is it not legislature that impeaches executive?

You are inviting trouble when you have an opposition legislature. Obi is thumping chest that he can rule with opposition because he treats politics like a juvenile. His gullible Obi supporters are applauding him.
Before APC took over power, how many members was it having in d red/green Chambers?
...certainly PDP was leading in everything. But today, d scenario has changed. That's how it works. When power changes hand, it alters everything.

If labour party wins comes 2023, alot of legislature will defect to labour party. Not only that; Politicians contesting under d platform will gather more momentum. And in no time, dey would become majority in d house.

U don't need rocket science to understand this.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by omoharry(f): 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
loosecanon50:
I am voting Obi because he is the best out of our southern contestants. Hope you know that Obi cannot rule Nigeria well without restructuring ? He has never mentioned that and I wonder what magic he will perform to take Nigeria out of this dark age that we in right now .Does he think to rule Nigeria under this sick unitary system will work? I hope It does not mess up all the good intentions he has for this country. if he does not sit down to know the foundation of our problem, then he will end up like other leaders that came with good intentions and end up doing the opposite . Anambra is not thesame as ruling the whole nation . I hope he know that .
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by mctech(m): 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2022
They will frustrate your efforts; you will not get anything done.

It takes far more to govern a country than a state.

That is why Fashola has almost zero impact as minister despite his sterling performance in Lagos.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Perfectbeing(m): 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2022
Esseite:

But buhari was on it until his long leave for health challenge, remember he was after tompolo for a long while, while arranging the Ogoni cleanup which never happened.. if he had maintained that pressure, he would win.. you cant fight the government and expect to win on such issues..
The Avengers we're ready to turn the oil production to zero. In just 2-3 months they turned our oil production from 2 million to 800k. Where will the Government get money to pay salaries if that continues?
If Buhari with he strong head nor fit stop them na come Peter Obi?
By the time Obi cannot pay salaries and people start raining abuse on him, he will let the corruption flow.

When he need to take loans for infrastructures and the Senates does not approve it unless he let them pad Budget wetin he go do?
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by ParpahSeventy: 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2022
MarketDispatch:

He cannot reveal his exact plans to you at the moment on how he plans to fight corruption lest corruption like you starts fighting back before he even enters Aso rock, so calm down and take Ice cream...it makes people happy
I don't need to know his exact plans, we all know how it will end.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by ParpahSeventy: 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2022
Allisgud:
so he should be telling u that he will go after corrupt passed govt,this is where wisdom come in,by the time scrap efcc and form new outfit u will know what he wants to do
LoL.
Scrapping EFCC?
We are talking about the Senate here, if you have enough wisdom, you shouldn't be typing this sh*t.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by plaindealer: 4:16pm On Aug 13, 2022
Oponu delusional Pandora, how you going to do that?

These Igbos are the dumbest people ever... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike To The Church: ‘Shine Your Eyes, Don’t Be Used By Politicians’ / Female LAWMA Truck Drivers : Iyawo Fashola / Patience Jonathan Inaugurates Skill Acquisition Centre In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.