Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,910 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God (225 Views)

The Narrow And Wide Gate / The Fear Of The LORD Is The Beginning Of Wisdom. (very Deep And True) / Pastor Adeboye's 'Deep Hole' Tweet That Got People Talking On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by Joychinonyerem: 4:15am On Aug 14, 2022
Did you know that of all the many attributes of God, love is the most mentioned of God’s Attributes? The Bible spares no expressions to speak about God’s love. It tells us that Love is an essential part of God’s character. In 2 Corinthians 13:11 Paul the apostle calls God ‘the God of Love and Peace.’ And in 1 John 4:8 we are told that ‘God is love.’ The love of God is also referred to by the use of many synonyms in the Bible, such as God’s ‘tender mercies’, His ‘lovingkindness’, and His pity and compassion on the sons of men.

�☘️ READ IT HERE ☘️����

https://www.walkingbyfaith.com.ng/how-deep-and-wide-is-the-love-of-god/
Re: How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by Chiedu4Trump: 4:27am On Aug 14, 2022
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

As for the god of the Most Peaceful Religion on earth cry

1 Like

Re: How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by Kobojunkie: 4:34am On Aug 14, 2022
Chiedu4Trump:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. cry
And His begotten Son in turn declared that love that He has to give is only available for those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments - John 15 vs 9 - 11 undecided
Re: How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by ajekpaks(m): 4:40am On Aug 14, 2022
Chiedu4Trump:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

As for the god of the Most Peaceful Religion on earth cry

Love the world so much that he created hell fire for those that don't love him back right?

Sounds more like a hostage situation than love
Re: How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by Kobojunkie: 4:52am On Aug 14, 2022
ajekpaks:
Love the world so much that he created hell fire for those that don't love him back right?

I see you have been listening to lied fed you by those whom He warned you never to listen to. undecided

God didn't create Hell for those who don't believe in Him. Instead Hell which is in the Kingdom of God belongs only to the born-agains who refuse to obey God, the evil seeds in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by Chiedu4Trump: 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
ajekpaks:

thats why He gave Jesus to save sinners like u & I from HELL.

Kobojunkie:
And His begotten Son in turn declared that love that He has to give is only available for those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments - John 15 vs 9 - 11 undecided

John 15
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

You cannot continuously destroy a relationship & expect it to be okay.

He has told u what to do to enjoy His love, so its up to u to reject & obey.

By the way who does allah love?
Re: How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by Kobojunkie: 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2022
Chiedu4Trump:
thats
John 15
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

You cannot continuously destroy a relationship & expect it to be okay. He has told u what to do to enjoy His love, so its up to u to reject & obey.

By the way who does allah love?
You say that as though somewhere in the relationship the rule was different and then it changes at some point. undecided

Please open your eyes to what is written there. Jesus Christ plainly said of those who believe in Him that it is only those among them who love Him - those who obey His teachings and commandments - that He inturn loves. So, it is wrong to believe that Jesus Christ loves all peoples and it is also erroneous to claim that God's love for man through Jesus Christ is unconditional this since clearly, it isn't. undecided

As for Allah's measure, go query the Muslims on that. undecided
Re: How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by ajekpaks(m): 1:53pm On Aug 14, 2022
Chiedu4Trump:

thats why He gave Jesus to save sinners like u & I from HELL.

So he gave us Jesus to save us from the hell that he created himself? I don't understand?

He created humans, then he created hell for the Humans, then he created Jesus to save Humans from going to the hell that he created for the Humans. And if the Humans don't accept Jesus, they'll still go to hell anyway...

le ma Oo
Re: How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by Kobojunkie: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
ajekpaks:
So he gave us Jesus to save us from the hell that he created himself? I don't understand?
He is wrong! Jesus Christ wasn't given to save us from Hell(eternal damnation).. instead Jesus Christ is the one who offered mankind the Kingdom of God with Hell(eternal damnation as a part of the package for those who think they can hoodwink God. undecided
Re: How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by ajekpaks(m): 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
He is wrong! Jesus Christ wasn't given to save us from Hell(eternal damnation).. instead Jesus Christ is the one who offered mankind the Kingdom of God with Hell(eternal damnation as a part of the package for those who think they can hoodwink God. undecided

Hoodwink God how?

I don't even understand what your second paragraph means
Re: How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
ajekpaks:
Hoodwink God how?
I don't even understand what your second paragraph means
Jesus Christ came to offer men the Kingdom of God and only those who enter into the Kingdom of God, those who are born-again, can experience Hell which exists inside of the Kingdom of God. undecided

So your claim that God created Hell for humans is erroneous since it is instead those who are eternal that can exist in Hell(eternal damnation) undecided
Re: How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by Chiedu4Trump: 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2022
ajekpaks:

He created humans, then he created hell for the Humans, then he created Jesus to save Humans from going to the hell that he created for the Humans. And if the Humans don't accept Jesus, they'll still go to hell anyway...

le ma Oo

He created hell for satan.

When u build a house ,dont you have rules?
Dont u put rails to guard people?

Fall over the rail & guess what? Was the person wicked who built the house?
Jesus has told u how to avoid hell, but u say no.

Kobojunkie:
You say that as though somewhere in the relationship the rule was different and then it changes at some point. undecided

Please open your eyes to what is written there. Jesus Christ plainly said of those who believe in Him that it is only those among them who love Him - those who obey His teachings and commandments - that He inturn loves. So, it is wrong to believe that Jesus Christ loves all peoples and it is also erroneous to claim that God's love for man through Jesus Christ is unconditional this since clearly, it isn't. undecided

As for Allah's measure, go query the Muslims on that. undecided

Out of Love God gave Jesus to the world, to benefit from it follow Jesus.

If u dont follow Jesus, then its HELL simple

Go & get a gal friend and treat her bad, lets see of the love will remain.

Obey Jesus & ur saved,simple
Re: How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2022
Chiedu4Trump:

Out of Love God gave Jesus to the world, to benefit from it follow Jesus.

If u dont follow Jesus, then its HELL simple

Go & get a gal friend and treat her bad, lets see of the love will remain.
Obey Jesus & ur saved,simple
Again, you compare Jesus Christ with that which does not compare in anyway. undecided

Jesus Christ instead told you that from the point you enter into the Kingdom of God , when you become born-again, you are either heading towards Hell - the Broad gate - or Heaven- the Narrow gate. There is no in-between. So the moment you become born-again, you either begin to experience His love or you begin denying yourself His love, this depending on whether you obey or you don't obey. That in no way compares to your boyfriend-girlfriend relationship idea. undecided
Re: How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by Chiedu4Trump: 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, you compare Jesus Christ with that which does not compare in anyway. undecided

Jesus Christ instead told you that from the point you enter into the Kingdom of God , when you become born-again, you are either heading towards Hell - the Broad gate - or Heaven- the Narrow gate. There is no in-between. So the moment you become born-again, you either begin to experience His love or you begin denying yourself His love, this depending on whether you obey or you don't obey. That in no way compares to your boyfriend-girlfriend relationship idea. undecided
I gave u an analogy,if u dont get then wait till Jesus comes grin

Then u can display how little you know to him cheesy
Re: How Deep And Wide Is The Love Of God by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
Chiedu4Trump:

I gave u an analogy,if u dont get then wait till Jesus comes grin
Then u can display how little you know to him cheesy
The relationship you have with Jesus Christ does not in anyway mirror what is your girlfriend-boyfriend relationship. The love of God for those who are in relationship with Jesus Christ depends from its beginning on whether said obeys the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. It is also an eternal relationship meaning once you are in it, you cannot exit it, and so it is important to count the cost, as Jesus Christ insists - Luke 14 vs 22 - 30 - before you engage Him in relationship. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Stop Eet / Is Christianity A Religion / Who Added The Diacritics To The Quran? Who Inserted The Dots And Letters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.