Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan (23916 Views)

Prevent Dedollarisation - US Congressional Hearing / Speaker Nancy Pelosi Visits Taiwan (pictures) / China Will Respond With 'Resolute And Forceful Measures' If Pelosi Visits Taiwan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Amayabor1: 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2022
Goddson:

They can chose wherever they want to live, after all they are US citizens. Besides most in the US are critical of their government foreign policy, it’s not like they all agree to the atrocities committed by their government globally.
Let’s talk about you, wherever you might be messaging from does not matter even if you are at okokomaiko in Lagos, I just want you to emancipate yourself from mental and western modern day slavery. Try get out of your bubble and see the real world outside the world you are in. Try research yourself, be careful where you get your news sources from, travel more, meet people, try some continental dishes etc…
Stop jerking off in your imaginary world.

Was that why you quickly removed the part you said your family lives in the US? Unfortunately for you, i saw the unedited comment before you edited it. Why did you edit your comment to remove the part that said your family live in the US?

Do i need to start telling you countries i have been to? It's actually not necessary. Same way where ever you have traveled to doesn't mean anything to me.

Back to the discussion. My points are;

1. Taiwan will not tow the line of Hong kong.
2. If China is angry at countries and US politicians associating with Taiwan, it should invade Taiwan and bring it under it's rule.
3. The only way to know if the US will respond to a Chinese invasion of Taiwan is if truly the chinese invades Taiwan. Until then, every discussion on this matter will be mere speculations.

2 Likes

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2022
Amayabor1:

Was that why you quickly removed the part you said your family lives in the US? Unfortunately for you, i saw the unedited comment before you edited it. Why did you edit your comment to remove the part that said your family live in the US?

Do i need to start telling you countries i have been to? It's actually not necessary. Same way where ever you have traveled to doesn't mean anything to me.

Back to the discussion. My points are;

1. Taiwan will not tow the line of Hong kong.
2. If China is angry at countries and US politicians associating with Taiwan, it should invade Taiwan and bring it under it's rule.
3. The only way to know if the US will respond to a Chinese invasion of Taiwan is if truly the chinese invades Taiwan. Until then, every discussion on this matter will be mere speculations.

Whatever you are smoking, I want part of it.
Read your comments again and ask yourself, are you proud of yourself?

Anyways I edited that part for privacy and security reasons.

You still have the number I forwarded, let’s talk if you are who you really say you are.
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Masterito(m): 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lol, keep spilling trash out of emotions. Just tell China to attack Taiwan and you cure your curiosity.
Sltp:

You without emotions just smell your nose and conclude that the US is the reason China is not invading Taiwan (her territory)? What exactly can the US do to China? Send troops to help Taiwan? If you think the US can send troops to help Taiwan, then you're the definition of dumbness. In what other way can they intervene? Sanction China? Nobody has the capacity to sanction China, not within the next decade. China control the world production, attempting to sanction China will push inflation across the world by more than 100%. We've all learned a lesson from Russian sanctions. I live in Europe and I know how this is biting us over here in Europe. What else can America do if China attempts to invade? Absolutely nothing. They promised a swift response if Russia invades Ukraine, Ukraine thought they would send troops to help them, but got disappointed. We all saw how Zelensky was foaming about the cowardice of the west as he consistently begged them to close the Ukrainian sky and send troops to help his army. He called them cowards on several occasions. They west took months to study Putin's body language and the situation on ground before they even had the guts to supply certain types of weapons. In your dumb head, america is never scared of any country, but the evidence in the public space shows they have countries they fear - it's a mutual fear, because they know what each other's army are capable of doing.

And did China promise to sink any warship that trespasses the South East China sea? They promised to respond on event of any provocation, the US even denied crossing into areas they don't have the right to cross into - citing international laws. If there's an international law regarding these stuffs, what did you expect from China, to sink the aircraft carriers as their response? Military drills are a form of response in power tussle. Sanctions are also a response. The Chinese government placed a ban on some US businesses and sanctioned some American citizens and claimed that's a PRELIMINARY response. When Russia used their hypersonic missiles, the US and the west used theirs to show Russia they are also capable of going hypersonic. If that's not a response, I wonder what else it's called
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Amayabor1: 3:33pm On Aug 15, 2022
Goddson:

Whatever you are smoking, I want part of it with.
Read your comments again and ask yourself, are you proud of yourself?

Anyways I edited that part for privacy and security reasons.

You still have the number I forwarded, let’s talk if you are who you really say you are.

Lol. Can't stop laughing grin. You edited that part for privacy and security reasons but you posted your number on Nairaland. Delusional fellow! grin grin.

I do not intend to text you because i do not trust you. Allow me to continue being anonymous on Nairaland!

2 Likes

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Electorate: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2022
Akuruoulo:

I love reading what dumb putards here say/write.
Atleast u guys should go check the interviews made to Russian citizens , then u will notice they believe cnn and co more than their own source because they knew Russia can't tell them the truth .
Keep fooling urselves.
Many are very afraid of speaking up , they all know that America more powerful than Russia ETC. ONLY BRAIN DEAD PUTARDS SAYS RUSSIA IS AS POWERFUL AS AMERICA.
THEY EVEN SEE AMERICA AS A ROLE MODEL TO THE REST OF THE WORLD.

Read my post again and read the part I said The US can't even defeat Afghanistan (a non super power ooo) for 20 good years dem japa...now add Russia to that context, its like your brain is paining you.

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2022
Amayabor1:

Lol. Can't stop laughing grin. You edited that part for privacy and security reasons but you posted your number on Nairaland. Delusional fellow! grin grin.

I do not intend to text you because i do not trust you. Allow me to continue being anonymous on Nairaland!

That says it all, if truly you are who you say you are and you live in the US, you will understand the number I gave you.
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by dreu2fine(m): 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2022
Powersurge:

There are lots of ignorant children on Nairaland. I am not surprised one bit. Since you have not at least insulted me, I will dignify you with an answer.

The categorizations are:
1. Superpower
2. Global power
3. Regional power.
4..... Forgotten this.

United States is the only superpower in the world as at now.

There are criteria for categorization. For one, a superpower has the capacity to take war to your doorstep wherever you are in the world. No other country has that capacity yet. Russia has one aircraft carrier (weak carrier). China has two (with limited carrying capacity).

I felt insulted that you mentioned Iran, North Korea, Japan. I felt like I just wasted my time. Notwithstanding, I will tell u.

Another characteristics of superpower is ability to enter into war quickly. America can enter into war with any country with 2 hours. Because it has military all around the world. It took America less than 5 hours to mop up an aircraft carrier, submarines, and several destroyers when Pelosi was going to China.

Russia is struggling to suppy its military ordinary fuel in Ukraine; In a war at its backyard. Pls don't insult the word superpower by adding Russia and China to that list. The distance between them is far.

I will stop here. I hope u hv learnt one or two things though.
Can I be your friend on Facebook n wasapp
Need to no more u are different and more informed.

1 Like

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Amayabor1: 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2022
Goddson:

That says it all, if truly you are who you say you are and you live in the US, you will understand the number I gave you.

Lol. Funny dude. Many people in Nigeria even understand the number.
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
Amayabor1:

Lol. Funny dude. Many people in Nigeria even understand the number.

If so why haven’t you text or called? It doesn’t stop you from being anonymous
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Mrtaye: 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2022
Goddson:

E pain you Abi, lol… I see you have relegated yourself further down to insult and curse words.
I won’t stoop low to trade curse words with you. I guess i have your back against the wall that’s why you are behaving uncivilized and uncultured in a forum where we are educating and enlightened ourselves.

Anyways the answer to your unintelligent question and jargons is in the UN charter which is accessible to all. Now go read on “Self-Determination, State Failure and Secession in the UN charter”… that’s another assignment for you.

See I’m educating you without being paid for my services.. you are one lucky fellow boy.
Mumu I was being civil but I decided to pay you back in your own coin since you no get sense.... answer my question sincerely and truthfully, will Russia allow Kazan or St Petersburg to seek self determine, State failure and secession front Russia under the UN charter despite the tyranny, dictatorship and suppression of dissenting views and propaganda in Russia?...if your answer is yes then you are a born liar because your Russia is an unapologetic tyrannical enclave,then if your answer is no then you now see that your salient argument is useless, baseless, stupid and nonsensical because you and your dumb/coconut head know that Russia will never relinquish any part of it's territory....olobe oshi
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2022
Mrtaye:

Mumu I was being civil but I decided to pay you back in your own coin since you no get sense.... answer my question sincerely and truthfully, will Russia allow Kazan or St Petersburg to seek self determine, State failure and secession front Russia under the UN charter despite the tyranny, dictatorship and suppression of dissenting views and propaganda in Russia?...if your answer is yes then you are a born liar because your Russia is an unapologetic tyrannical enclave,then if your answer is no then you now see that your salient argument is useless, baseless, stupid and nonsensical because you and your dumb/coconut head know that Russia will never relinquish any part of it's territory....olobe oshi

Another jargons written by you… How are you so confident writing all this jargons? This is stupidity and ignorance at its finest… wow, wow, wow!!!

After reading the UN charter what did you learn or understand there?

Is this how you insult and use curse words for your lecturers/teachers/parents when they are imbibing knowledge into you?
Are you learned at all? Are you educated? Do you even have any form of degree? Intellectually are you sound?
When you debate someone who is far ahead of you intellectually is this how to argue your points with insults?
Go learn a trade, or go to another section in nairaland, this section is too complex for your mental capacity.
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Powersurge: 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2022
dreu2fine:

Can I be your friend on Facebook n wasapp
Need to no more u are different and more informed.

Send me a dm here. I will drop my number for you via email.
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Mrtaye: 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2022
Goddson:

Another jargons written by you… How are you so confident writing all this jargons? This is stupidity and ignorance at its finest… wow, wow, wow!!!

After reading the UN charter what did you learn or understand there?

Is this how you insult and use curse words for your lecturers/teachers/parents when they are imbibing knowledge into you?
Are you learned at all? Are you educated? Do you even have any form of degree? Intellectually are you sound?
When you debate someone who is far ahead of you intellectually is this how to argue your points with insults?
Go learn a trade, or go to another section in nairaland, this section is too complex for your mental capacity.
Olobe shifting goalpost... answer question you no gree
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2022
Mrtaye:

Olobe shifting goalpost... answer question you no gree

The question and assignment I gave you, where is it? You never asked me a question, all you wrote was jargons.

Anyways I’m about to get busy here, do the assignment I gave to you and forward it to me here. Ignorant Small boy like you want to rub shoulders on geo-politics with person wey big pass you in all intellectual ramifications.

Below is a documentary which will keep you busy, I hope you learn one or two things from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xguam0TKMw8
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nefort: 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2022
Danisaint112:

China keep waiting for approval. Approval that U.S will give soon. grin the signs are there already.

Between Taiwan doesn't need China Approval to officially recognized as a full sovereign nation. If U.K or U.S say the word they are good to go. Same way U.K can declare Biafra a sovereign Nation wether or not Nigeria likes it.
Then why haven't Taiwan declared independence if you feel the US and UK has their back? The truth is that even the US knows Taiwan is part of China, but being the trouble makers they are they still prefer to incite conflict just for their selfish gains. I doubt the US will intervene if China invades Taiwan today because the losses will be too great just for defending a small island. Even if China losses the war China has a military to inflict serious damage on the US military. The US will have to think twice before defending Taiwan. Taiwan will eventually be reunited with the mainland. It's just a matter of time. If China decides to invade Taiwan in 20 years time the US should just forget about it because the Chinese military will be too dangerous by then.
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Danisaint112(m): 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2022
Nefort:

Then why haven't Taiwan declared independence if you feel the US and UK has their back? The truth is that even the US knows Taiwan is part of China, but being the trouble makers they are they still prefer to incite conflict just for their selfish gains. I doubt the US will intervene if China invades Taiwan today because the losses will be too great just for defending a small island. Even if China losses the war China has a military to inflict serious damage on the US military. The US will have to think twice before defending Taiwan. Taiwan will eventually be reunited with the mainland. It's just a matter of time. If China decides to invade Taiwan in 20 years time the US should just forget about it because the Chinese military will be too dangerous by then.

You asked the question and you still answered yourself.

Do you think in 20 years U.S military and that of it's Nato Ally won't be also be even more greater.

Am I also to remind you that the United State is under the wing of NATO and that the NATO law states that;
"When you attack one you attack all"

It's seems you don't know that if China decides to declare an all out war on U.S forget it. They way China will be Isolated they won't believe it. They won't even have the strength and man power to incorporate the Taiwan into China anymore.

Let me even ask you this. What is do you stand in this matter. Just spell it out let me give you a straight answer.
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Mrtaye: 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2022
Goddson:

The question and assignment I gave you, where is it? You never asked me a question, all you wrote was jargons.

Anyways I’m about to get busy here, do the assignment I gave to you and forward it to me here. Ignorant Small boy like you want to rub shoulders on geo-politics with person wey big pass you in all intellectual ramifications.

Below is a documentary which will keep you busy, I hope you learn one or two things from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xguam0TKMw8
Mumu take your imaginary and delusional nonsense else where if you can't answer simple question, will Russia allow Kazan and St Petersburg to seek for self determine according to what you quoted on UN charter on human and peoples right and hence contradicting yourself about self determination and referendum you attributed to Crimea...is that not double standard ?prove me wrong with sense
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2022
Mrtaye:

Mumu take your imaginary and delusional nonsense else where if you can't answer simple question, will Russia allow Kazan and St Petersburg to seek for self determine according to what you quoted on UN charter on human and peoples right and hence contradicting yourself about self determination and referendum you attributed to Crimea...is that not double standard ?prove me wrong with sense

Didn’t you read the UN charter? You answer lies there… I don’t have to spoon feed you
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nefort: 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2022
Danisaint112:

You asked the question and you still answered yourself.

Do you think in 20 years U.S military and that of it's Nato Ally won't be also be even more greater.

Am I also to remind you that the United State is under the wing of NATO and that the NATO law states that;
"When you attack one you attack all"

It's seems you don't know that if China decides to declare an all out war on U.S forget it. They way China will be Isolated they won't believe it. They won't even have the strength and man power to incorporate the Taiwan into China anymore.

Let me even ask you this. What is do you stand in this matter. Just spell it out let me give you a straight answer.
NATO doesn't apply here because Taiwan is not a NATO member. If China invades Taiwan and the US comes to defend Taiwan it is not covered under the rules binding NATO. The US will have to fight that war themselves. The US can't drag other NATO members to fight wars for the US when the US is not even under attack. That's not what NATO was established for.

China can't be isolated because the world depends a lot on China. A lot of bitter supply disruptions will happen. The US tried to isolate Russia that has a smaller economy after they invaded Ukraine and the result has been a rise in energy cost. Now imagine what will happen when you try to isolate the world's second largest economy. Even the US borrows money from China.

Where I stand is that Taiwan belongs to China. The issue should be left for Taiwan and China to settle themselves. The US should stop interfering in other country's affairs. If they didn't like Putin interfering in their election then why should they interfere in other country's business and starting wars in places thatbis not even part of their territory.
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by BentizilL: 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2022
Powersurge:

Children.
Fool!
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2022
Mrtaye:

Your profile says it all, been wasting my time messaging a mechanic.

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2022
Powersurge:

Send me a dm here. I will drop my number for you via email.

Superpower you mean? Superpower that flee Afghanistan with their tail behind their legs by this time last year? After the unsuccessful war of over 2decades fighting against goat herders and shepherds wearing slippers… replacing taliban with taliban. USA is only good at messing things up only for Russia and China cleans up their mess.

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Amayabor1: 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2022
Goddson:

If so why haven’t you text or called? It doesn’t stop you from being anonymous

It does actually.. you can get my contact if i call or text. From there, you can find me on Whatsapp. Which may lead you to my other social media accounts.

I do not trust you or anyone one on Nairaland.
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Whobedatte(m): 10:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
Goddson:

Superpower you mean? Superpower that flee Afghanistan with their tail behind their legs by this time last year? After the unsuccessful war of over 2decades fighting against goat herders and shepherds wearing slippers… replacing taliban with taliban. USA is only good at messing things up only for Russia and China cleans up their mess.
Your wife and family dey same US o, Kai grin
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 15, 2022
Whobedatte:

Your wife and family dey same US o, Kai grin

Yeah so? Their choice. I’m in South Africa. What’s funny?
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2022
Amayabor1:

It does actually.. you can get my contact if i call or text. From there, you can find me on Whatsapp. Which may lead you to my other social media accounts.

That’s a big lie, I told you before that if you were truly in yankee, the number is alt. number and it ain’t linking to your social. Most People have it.

It only shows you are a blatant liar, faking behind a faceless forum after all your account says so.
Someone from Lagos slum who has never been outside the chores of Nigeria debating me on geo-politics… hmm funny!!

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by goodheart01: 1:02am On Aug 16, 2022
ecolime:
This one na see finish.. Chaii

The West only fears Putin and North Korean fatboy.

They are always careful not to scratch or fond1e the balls of erratic people.

Make dem sha no provoke China pass this current level. The Russian-Ukranian mess still dey ground biko

Oga the West doesn’t fear anyone. Which one be Putin and Fat boy... story for the gods
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Jokerman(m): 1:04am On Aug 16, 2022
Goddson:

Yeah so? Their choice. I’m in South Africa. What’s funny?

Why not work them to Russia or China?
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 16, 2022
Jokerman:

Why not work them to Russia or China?

Not wasting my time with you, the name on your profile says it all…

Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Nobody: 2:08am On Aug 16, 2022
Amayabor1:

It’s 2:08a.m back in Lagos, I guess you are asleep that’s why you have not replied with your jargons yet… make sure you do the assignment I gave you when you wake up.
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Powersurge: 5:10am On Aug 16, 2022
Goddson:

I wasn't talking to you. Everything you say is correct.
Re: US Congressional Delegation Visits Taiwan by Amayabor1: 6:12am On Aug 16, 2022
Goddson:

That’s a big lie, I told you before that if you were truly in yankee, the number is alt. number and it ain’t linking to your social. Most People have it.

It only shows you are a blatant liar, faking behind a faceless forum after all your account says so.
Someone from Lagos slum who has never been outside the chores of Nigeria debating me on geo-politics… hmm funny!!

Lol. Believing that time as the time i truly went offline shows your brain is actually leaking some of it's contents. You probably are the jobless type rovering around on Nairaland. I came back from work about 3 hours ago. I had to do some work at home. Now, i'm about going to bed.

And you are probably dumb if you think you can't get my number when i call or text that number (except you don't know how to go about it though). Whichever way, i can never attempt it. Wail more! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cyril Ramaphosa Blames NATO For Ukraine Crisis / Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses / US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.