Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary (214 Views)

When You Attend The Feast Of A Great King / Virgin Mary Miracle Of The Sun In Lagos On 28th Oct. 2017 (Video) / Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by NigerianAngelo(m): 8:39am On Aug 15, 2022
Today is the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary into heaven.

The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is the raising up of her blessed body to be reunited and forever be with her blessed soul in heaven, after the manner of Our Lord's Ascension.

Our Lord ascended Himself, "I have power to lay it down, I have power to take it up again" (Jn 10:16), but the Most Holy Trinity, through Our Lord Jesus Christ, assumed Mary into heaven.

"Because thou would not allow thy holy one to suffer corruption." (Ps 15:10)

The Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is in anticipation of what would happen to the souls of the elect and the damned on the Last Day.

Because soul and body cooperated in the doing of good or of evil, both soul and body would partake in the glory of merit or the damnation of demerit for all eternity, God so ordaining, Creator of soul and body, and who Himself partook in body, thereby making it blessed and eternal.

The Blessed Virgin Mary died at 67 years and 11 months, on the 13th August and her body was assumed into heaven on the 15th August.

"Thou art all fair O my love, and there is not a spot in thee"; "Arise, and come, my love, my dove. For winter is now past, the rain is over and gone." (Cant 4:7; 2:10,11)

Three Hail Marys for all Nigerians.

Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by NigerianAngelo(m): 8:41am On Aug 15, 2022
1. "Who is she that goeth up by the desert, as a pillar of smoke of aromatical spices, of myrrh and frankincense, and of all the powders of the perfumer?" (Cant 3:6)

2. "And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars." (Apoc 12:1)

Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by BirtherOfKings(f): 8:44am On Aug 15, 2022
It was this statement that made me leave.. THROUGH MARY, WE SUCCEED
When Jesus Christ has said He is d only way, the truth and the life.. but I love them and happy many of them are not doing my parents are Catholic but asking questions, studying their bible and leaving a mediocre christian life
Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Felimax(m): 9:08am On Aug 15, 2022
Mother of sorrow!
Queen assumed into heaven!

Pray for us and for all who invoke your aid.

May your special intervention be on the Unifier, bless and help sanctify their intentions for Nigeria through Christ our Lord.

Hail Mary full of grace...

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by xproducer: 10:15am On Aug 15, 2022
NigerianAngelo:
Today is the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary into heaven.

The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is the raising up of her blessed body to be reunited and forever be with her blessed soul in heaven, after the manner of Our Lord's Ascension.

Our Lord ascended Himself, "I have power to lay it down, I have power to take it up again" (Jn 10:16), but the Most Holy Trinity, through Our Lord Jesus Christ, assumed Mary into heaven.

"Because thou would not allow thy holy one to suffer corruption." (Ps 15:10)

The Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is in anticipation of what would happen to the souls of the elect and the damned on the Last Day.

Because soul and body cooperated in the doing of good or of evil, both soul and body would partake in the glory of merit or the damnation of demerit for all eternity, God so ordaining, Creator of soul and body, and who Himself partook in body, thereby making it blessed and eternal.

The Blessed Virgin Mary died at 67 years and 11 months, on the 13th August and her body was assumed into heaven on the 15th August.

"Thou art all fair O my love, and there is not a spot in thee"; "Arise, and come, my love, my dove. For winter is now past, the rain is over and gone." (Cant 4:7; 2:10,11)

+++

First, friend, there is no Psalm 15:10... Psalm 15 ends at verse 5! The verse you are referring to is a reference to the Lord YESHUA, the CHRIST in Psalm 16:10! Refer to Acts 2:1-31 where the Apostle Peter, under the Inspiration of the HOLY SPIRIT refers to GOD's prophetic revelation to King David about the CHRIST, the Lord YESHUA!

"For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption." - Acts 2:25-31

Second... it is important to acknowledge the unique role that Mary had in GOD's plan of salvation for humankind, yet is it not necessary to realize that any deviation from the inspired, inerrant written word of GOD - Genesis to Revelation - could lead to error?

Is it not proper to magnify the Lord GOD and HIM alone?!
"And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it" - Luke 11:27-28

... and even following Mary's example, "And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed." - Luke 1:46-48

Is it not dangerous to adhere to doctrines of men?! (Matthew 15:9, Mark 7:7, Colossians 2:21-23)

Tell me this... where from Genesis to Revelation does it mention Mary being assumed into heaven bodily? We know, by GOD's mercies of Enoch, of Elijah... and of the Lord YESHUA HIMSELF.

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." - Revelation 22:18-19
Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by xproducer: 10:36am On Aug 15, 2022
Felimax:
Mother of sorrow!
Queen assumed into heaven!

Pray for us and for all who invoke your aid.

May your special intervention be on the Unifier, bless and help sanctify their intentions for Nigeria through Christ our Lord.

Hail Mary full of grace...

++++++++

Invoke?

Invoke definition - "cite or appeal to (someone or something) as an authority for an action or in support of an argument." or "call on (a deity or spirit) in prayer, as a witness, or for inspiration." or "call earnestly for."

Mediator definition - "a person who attempts to make people involved in a conflict come to an agreement; a go-between."

The Lord YESHUA, the CHRIST is the DEITY / HOLY ONE to Whom any should be praying to for salvation and humble communion with the MOST HIGH GOD!

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" - 1 Timothy 2:5

"Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." - Hebrews 4:14-16

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." - Acts 4:12

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Felimax(m): 11:01am On Aug 15, 2022
xproducer:

++++++++

Invoke?

Invoke definition - "cite or appeal to (someone or something) as an authority for an action or in support of an argument." or "call on (a deity or spirit) in prayer, as a witness, or for inspiration." or "call earnestly for."

Mediator definition - "a person who attempts to make people involved in a conflict come to an agreement; a go-between."

The Lord YESHUA, the CHRIST is the DEITY / HOLY ONE to Whom any should be praying to for salvation and humble communion with the MOST HIGH GOD!

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" - 1 Timothy 2:5

"Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." - Hebrews 4:14-16

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." - Acts 4:12

My friend get out of my mention please.

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by AntiChristian: 11:14am On Aug 15, 2022
Idolatry at its peak= Catholicism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by NigerianAngelo(m): 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2022
Stories on the Blessed Virgin Mary (From the Glories of Mary by St. Alphonsus Mary Liguori)

Story 69:
The devout author of the book in honor of the most holy Rosary, entitled, The Secret of every Grace," relates that St. Vincent Ferrer once said to a man dying in despair: "Why will you ruin yourself when Jesus Christ wishes to save you?" And he answered, that in spite of Christ he would be damned. The saint replied: "And you, in spite of yourself, shall be saved." He began to recite the Rosary with the persons of the house, and behold, the sick man asked to make his confession, made it weeping, and then died.

https://ecatholic2000.com/liguori/glories75.shtml

Seeking the intercession of Mary infallibly saves. Say a Hail Mary with all confidence and devotion for someone today.
Rejoice O Virgin Mary, rejoice a thousand times.
Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Chiedu4Trump: 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2022
Gentlemen
1] please where does the bible say that Mary was taken to heaven?

2] How can mary be sinless when she called God, "Her Saviour"?
If she was sinless, then she wont need a saviour

"And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. " - Luke 1:46-48

Felimax:

Reply him with the bible cheesy

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Felimax(m): 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2022
Chiedu4Trump:
Gentlemen

"And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. " - Luke 1:46-48

I will not! Who cares actually? Hellooooooo, I am not brother Jonah, besides my believes are not relegated to the Bible. Before the age of the Bible the church was.

So please, get off my track. Jesus even gave them so many signs and before their eyes he revealed Himself right there in the temple, from the scriptures but they end up still killing him. They that were the custodians of the scriptures. Long last He made the biggest fool out of them, till date they still don't understand why they are looking and waiting for the coming messiah.

Catholicism is my faith and no Jupiter can stop it. Please, believe in your Bible I am not stopping you.

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Chiedu4Trump: 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2022
Felimax:

I will not! Who cares actually? Hello, I am not brother Jonah, besides my believes are not relegated to the Bible. Before the age of the Bible the church was.

So please, get off my track. Jesus even gave them so many signs and before their eyes he revealed Himself right there in the temple, from the scriptures but they end up still killing him.

Catholicism is my faith and no Jupiter can stop it. Please, believe in your Bible I am not stopping you.
So if its not in the bible,where did it come from?

Jesus Himself when the devil tempted Him quoted the bible, He did not just say things.
So if u cant back what you say with the bible, then its man made.

Well Jesus said that we shall be judged by the gospel

John 12:48
the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

not by traditions of men.

Matthew 15:3
Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

The bible says there is only ONE not two but One who mediates btw God & Men, thats Jesus

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

But you have rejected what God said,to follow your own way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Felimax(m): 2:10pm On Aug 15, 2022
Chiedu4Trump:

So if its not in the bible,where did it come from?

Jesus Himself when the devil tempted Him quoted the bible, He did not just say things.
So if u cant back what you say with the bible, then its man made.

Well Jesus said that we shall be judged by the gospel

John 12:48
the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

not by traditions of men.

Matthew 15:3
Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

The bible says there is only ONE not two but One who mediates btw God & Men, thats Jesus

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

But you have rejected what God said,to follow your own way.

If you are done you can back off. I did not know you are the fourth person of the Blessed Trinity.

This is a Catholic topic, a very deep dogma, not for kids. So you can save yourself the stress and get out of here. Biko!
Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by xproducer: 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2022
Felimax:

++++++++

It is good for people to know the truth of the word of GOD, not idolatrous doctrines of men.

"But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye." - Acts 4:19

"For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ." - Galatians 1:10
Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Felimax(m): 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2022
xproducer:

++++++++

It is good for people to know the truth of the word of GOD, not idolatrous doctrines of men.

"But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye." - Acts 4:19

"For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ." - Galatians 1:10

Understanding the scriptures is depth by depth. Where I am now I cannot get back to your level, so sorry. Just get off me and stop mentioning me. An hour with both of us face to face on the scriptures you will gas out, trust me.

If you so much believe in what you believe and you are anywhere near Port Harcourt, Warri or Benin let me know and I will spend my money to meet you up so you tell me what you think you know about the scriptures.

Before the bible, the church was.
Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by NigerianAngelo(m): 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
xproducer:

++++++++

Take time to reread the opening post carefully. It answers much of what you are asking.

Summary: All men will rise again (their souls being reunited with their bodies),,, on the Last Day(Jn 5:25-29),, but the Blessed body of Mary was risen into heaven two days after her death, (her soul being reunited with her body) in order not to leave it on this Earth, because God would and will not. Bc as Christ, He will not give His holy one (Jesus or Mary and perhaps St. Joseph) to see corruption.

It is easy to understand and agreeable even to reason. Can you now understand?
"Thou art holy o my love and there is not a spot in thee."[ (Cant 4:7) "One is my dove, my perfect one is but one." (Cant 6:8 )

If you do not believe, you go to hell, as with every other article of faith expressively explained (dogmas).
Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by xproducer: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2022
NigerianAngelo:

Take time to reread the opening post carefully. It answers much of what you are asking.

Summary: All men will rise again (their souls being reunited with their bodies),,, on the Last Day(Jn 5:25-29),, but the Blessed body of Mary was risen into heaven two days after her death, (her soul being reunited with her body) in order not to leave it on this Earth, because God would and will not. Bc as Christ, He will not give His holy one (Jesus or Mary and perhaps St. Joseph) to see corruption.

It is easy to understand and agreeable even to reason. Can you now understand?
"Thou art holy o my love and there is not a spot in thee."[ (Cant 4:7) "One is my dove, my perfect one is but one." (Cant 6:8 )

If you do not believe, you go to hell, as with every other article of faith expressively explained (dogmas).

++++++++

Not very Christian-like now are you? Have you then not understood?

May the Lord GOD have mercy on you and may the peace of CHRIST be upon you!

"There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." - Proverbs 16:25
Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by 43Ronin: 4:52pm On Aug 15, 2022
Chiedu4Trump:
Gentlemen

I was once a Catholic so I will help you with Catholicism answers. The clergy believe Mary is sinless because she was also conceived as jesus(through the Holy spirit) in order to be able to house Jesus.
The guy u quoted cannot answer you with biblical verses cos there are none. Now the issue of entering heaven body & soul I don't quite understand even for the elijah situation. because the body is of the material world thereby making it weak. In the immaterial world, what is the use of a body? To eat, sleep, sheet?
Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by NigerianAngelo(m): 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2022
43Ronin:

I was once a Catholic so I will help you with Catholicism answers. The clergy believe Mary is sinless because she was also conceived as jesus(through the Holy spirit) in order to be able to house Jesus.
The guy u quoted cannot answer you with biblical verses cos there are none. Now the issue of entering heaven body & soul I don't quite understand even for the elijah situation. because the body is of the material world thereby making it weak. In the immaterial world, what is the use of a body? To eat, sleep, sheet?

1. The fact you can't understand the second part shows you why you can't understand the first, notably, that Mary was assumed body and soul by God into heaven, two days after her death on August 15th.

2. Mary was not conceived of the Holy Ghost like Jesus. She was conceived of natural courses by St. Joachim and St. Anne but free from original sin, by virtue of the foreseen merits of Christ Our Lord, who was to be born of her.

3. The doctrine of the Assumption (pt.1), handed over to the Church by the Apostles, is a doctrine attainable to the light of reason. Whosoever rejects it (if such is reasonably possible) will be most wicked in life and damned by God after death.

4. Or have you ever asked yourself, where then is Mary tomb? Or any mention of her remains somewhere in our 2000 year history?
Re: Today Is The Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by NigerianAngelo(m): 5:50pm On Aug 15, 2022
You could read the Eleventh Article of the Creed http://catholicapologetics.info/thechurch/catechism/ApostlesCreed11.shtml to understand a thing or two about the Resurrection and the Last Judgement.

(1) (Reply)

Happy 55th Wedding Anniversary To Pastor And Pastor (Mrs) Adeboye! / Why Do The British Love The Northerners? Why do they love Islam? (MUST READ) / As A Muslim, Which Christian Song Do You Enjoy The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.