Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video (34340 Views)

Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) / Viral Question Unibadan Lecturer Asked His Students During Examinations / Boy Who Dressed Like Female Student To Canvass For Votes Wins SUG Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

And some dance to feed themselves and their families.

This is our problem in Nigeria.

Do you know that someone can dance with Beyouncé on a 3-month tour and make more than a Nigerian professor makes in a year?
Really? Good to know. I always see dancers as unserious people
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by etrange: 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2022
Omodua:
Liar,,,! Dance is never or indirectly part of physical education in OAU.
Don't deceive the public.

When you don't believe someone, say "I don't believe you". Considering the slightest possibility that they could be right, don't call them a liar. You don't know this person, you don't know when they graduated from the school, and you certainly don't know about the school more that everyone on Nairaland even if you graduated from the said institution. So while there's a possibility they could be lying, proper communication skills dictate that you don’t call them a liar cause of the 0.000001% chance that they are either telling the truth or was misled to believe they are.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by FarinolaFrances: 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2022
duro4chang:
That was 30 years ago. Shortly before the Popular June 12, 1993. I also served in osun but I came from the North central though a pure omoluabi
wow....you have really see things ooo...how's life in the eighties... much better than now and were people living simple life back then and I use to hear about the popular dressing style which was baggy trousers and men keeping Afro with their tucked in shirt lol.....I'm asking all three coz atimes I use to think about those who have been in this world before me and how the world was back then and if most of them are still living till now, I do wonder how far they have survived with so much years past....
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by etrange: 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2022
Akhee:
Dance ke. Can it improves my chance of getting a job during interview?. Dance education should be scrapped

What kind of job? You're probably saying this cause what you see as "job" is sitting down in an office signing peppers. They are people who are professional dancers, choreographers, members of dance groups, and kinetic dance instructors for fitness and weight loss, and restoration after child birth or accident. We watch good music videos and appreciate the moves, we see them in Lagos sweating out different aerobic moves with people who want to be more fit or in orthopedic hospitals assisting patients with specific moves that target specific parts of the boy, yet people don't appreciate it as a job because there's no dignity in labour in Nigeria. Most people want to wear suit, lab coat, engineering outfit, lawyers' wig or, at least, be writing codes.

Cc: Rosrozz

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2022
etrange:

What kind of job? You're probably saying this cause what you see as "job" is sitting down in an office signing peppers. They are people who are professional dancers, choreographers, members of dance groups, and kinetic dance instructors (for fitness and weight loss, and restoration after child birth or accident. We watch good music videos and appreciate the moves, we see them in Lagos sweating out different aerobic moves with people who want to be more fit or in orthopedic hospitals assisting patients with specific moves that target specific parts of the boy, yet people don't appreciate as a job because there's no dignity in labour in Nigeria. Most people want to wear suit, lab coat, engineering outfit, lawyers' wig or, at least, be written codes.

Are you a dancer?
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by Symplychima: 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2022
I think this is quoting out of content.
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by Akhee: 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2022
duro4chang:
It was just an elective course in PHE Dept then. Just as it is just a topic under JSS3 PHE subject in today Basic Education sylabus.
Oh okay. Thanks for the explanation.
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by Omoluabi16(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2022
duro4chang:
I did a course in the Department of Physical Educaion some years back. it was called Dance Education then. You had to dance as part of the pratical if you did not then you fail. To me what happened here is not strange.
My first day in school, I saw some students dancing and just goofing around and felt like they had no business schooling since they were that unserious. It was later I knew they were theatre arts and drama departments. That 'play play' naim be their course work. So it is really not strange.
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by Premiumwriter: 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
Rosrozz:
Still not nice, some people can’t dance to save their life
wetin you dey talk self?

No b learn them go school go learn?

So because you can't solve a question, you shouldn't be taught the topic?
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by Akhee: 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
etrange:

What kind of job? You're probably saying this cause what you see as "job" is sitting down in an office signing peppers. They are people who are professional dancers, choreographers, members of dance groups, and kinetic dance instructors (for fitness and weight loss, and restoration after child birth or accident. We watch good music videos and appreciate the moves, we see them in Lagos sweating out different aerobic moves with people who want to be more fit or in orthopedic hospitals assisting patients with specific moves that target specific parts of the boy, yet people don't appreciate as a job because there's no dignity in labour in Nigeria. Most people want to wear suit, lab coat, engineering outfit, lawyers' wig or, at least, be written codes.

Thank you for the enlightement
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by Emeka71(m): 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
Rosrozz:
Which one is dance education, such course should be scrapped, not everyone can dance
That department is under the Faculty of Education.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by duro4chang(m): 3:19pm On Aug 16, 2022
FarinolaFrances:
wow....you have really see things ooo...how's life in the eighties... much better than now and were people living simple life back then and I use to hear about the popular dressing style which was baggy trousers and men keeping Afro with their tucked in shirt lol.....I'm asking all three coz atimes I use to think about those who have been in this world before me and how the world was back then and if most of them are still living till now, I do wonder how far they have survived with so much years past....
We were also complaining that time too. But then in OAU you just have to pay for accommodation which was 90 naira and exam fee which was around 3 or 5 naira as an undergraduate. But those who went to the university in 70s and early 80 really enjoyed. Things began to crumble under shagari and by the time Babangida took over things totally crumbled.
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by etrange: 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2022
Rosrozz:
Are you a dancer?

No, I'm not. But I appreciate dancing cause I have a friend who is a dancer, and I know someone who takes kinetic dance for physical health. Also, in my free time, I go to a park nearby where some community volunteers come to take people on different types of dance moves for both mental health and blood circulation (though this one isn't in Nigeria, lol).
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by toyindesh(m): 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
Theatre workshop
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by MrMacinterchi1: 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
Rosrozz:
Which one is dance education, such course should be scrapped, not everyone can dance
it's part of physical education.

movement and dance are part of psychomotor domain of education.
scrap what? what do you know about education and curriculum?
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2022
etrange:

No, I'm not. But I appreciate dancing cause I have a friend who is a dancer, and I know someone who takes kinetic dance for physical health. Also, in my free time, I go to a park nearby where some community volunteers come to take people on different types of dance moves for both mental health and blood circulation (though this one isn't in Nigeria, lol).
Dancing isn’t for everyone I guess. You’ll have to kill me first before asking me to dance before an audience. �
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by duro4chang(m): 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2022
Emeka71:
That department is under the Faculty of Education.
You are right
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by duro4chang(m): 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
etrange:

Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by duro4chang(m): 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2022
etrange:

You really shed light in what i have been saying. Thanks
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by etrange: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2022
Rosrozz:
Dancing isn’t for everyone I guess. You’ll have to kill me first before asking me to dance before an audience. �

Me too. I can't dance to save my life. Lol

Maybe that's why I appreciate people who can dance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by PharmacyStore: 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2022
Lecturer is just catching Cruise
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by Bigfishlee45(m): 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Who is talking about CEO or adult school centre here, we are talking about university

Mr. University grin grin ... Oga University shocked shocked.. weldone sir
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by Viraltrends123: 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2022
Bigfishlee45:

thank you
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by duro4chang(m): 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
Bigfishlee45:

No mind am. He think say na only him go university.
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by aylagos(m): 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2022
Viraltrends123:
hahahaha, it's funny. Your mama toto
I said med people full his lineage….God abeg ooo
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by Omodua(m): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
etrange:

When you don't believe someone, sat "I don't believe you". Considering the slightest possibility that they could be right, don't call them a liar. You don't know this person, you don't know when they graduated from the school, and you certainly don't know about the school more that everyone on Nairaland even if you graduated from the said institution. So while there's a possibility they could be lying, proper communication skills dictate that you don’t call them a liar cause of the 0.000001% chance that they are either telling the truth or was misled to believe they are.
OK
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by Omodua(m): 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2022
duro4chang:
please go to Youtube and search for 'Obafemi Awolowo university PHE Dance'. You will the video of oau students doing dancing during PHE.
Hmmmmm
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by Omodua(m): 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2022
duro4chang:
I am talking of the course I did in the year 1991/1992. Were you even born that time. Go to the department of Physical and Health Education of the school and ask. Mention the year too.
OK
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by ILoveTrouble: 6:37am On Aug 17, 2022
BigCowH0rn:
Lol

The guy has got moves sha
Na who get data dey watch... just 10% of Nairaland grin grin grin
coolcoolcoolcoolcoolcool
Re: Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video by rootajoe4: 7:37am On Aug 17, 2022
You can interact in free arcade games that are available in different sites and they are a lot in number. apk tools Free online games have obtained an inspiration after the development of screen technology. Like https://apktecch.com/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Akinyele Tobiloba, The Overall Best Graduating Student In FUNAAB / 2012/2013;lautech Admissions Status / JAMB Reveals Those Who Will Get Admission In 2017/2018 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.