Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! (29128 Views)

Church Elder's Joystick Almost Cut For Trying To Sex A Married Woman In Ghana / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video) / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be a Close Friend With Single Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by BloomingDale(f): 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Mimicle101: 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2022
Thank you madam.

Without sounding disrespectful,

I personally see you as a stubborn wife.

The kind of wife that would challenge the husband at the slightest provocation.

I see and understand all the wrong and bad ways you said you husband treates and have treated you.

And i tell you, i am not in support of it. Infact i am against every form of maltreatments and abuse from husband to wife or anyone.

Having cleard that air.

You need to work on your atitude/character.

You are not humble and meak enough as a good and loving wife.

Look dear,

You dont change from good to bad because your husband is bad.

One of the secretes of a maintained and lasting marriage unless otherwise opted for divorce, is simple.

When one partner gets high, the other becomes sobber

You have allowed your husbands bad behaviour to affect you and now you DESPISE him soo much!

These will only consume you and your home.

My advice,

Retrace your steps. Get back to the loving, caring and humble woman you used to be or ought to be.

And Do away with pride (i also bring money fairly ) mindset.

See yourself as the mother of that home. Be the mother and carry everyone along both the kids and the husband. Know and take it that everything you do in that home you are doing it for yourself. Not for your husband, not for yoyr kids. I repeat "FOR YOUR SELF".

Let me remind you.

One of the qualities of a good Mother is being Selfless.

Now learn that and watch your home well again.

And see you husband treating you as the Queen and mother you are.

3 Likes

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by phemmyfour: 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
Sorry to say but you're being stubborn to the man.

Your husband can not just wake up and say those things to you. You must have done something that annoyed him to make him say such, prolly to get back at you.

Now, reason I said you're being stubborn is, you know he doesn't like your moimoi, yet you keep making it. As in... Let him do his worse. Abi na?

If you truly care and respect him, you would stop but here you are telling us you can never stop making it because your children like it. By that you're already saying he should go to hell for all you care and he too gets the message reason he chose to be careless with words too.

You claim he buys it outside. What does that tell you? Yours is prolly not as fanimorous ( sorry to say). Now, what have you done to improve your moimoi because there is moimoi and there is mai-mai **chuckles** .
My dad too hated moimoi to the extent that one day after he dropped money for food and asked what we want to prepare, we all chorused moimoi (because we children loved moimoi) and he said "moimoi gbuo gi" that is, "moimoi Kee you". There and then we knew we have tormented this man with this food. So we prepared his favorite, rice and stew.

You need to calm down for your man. You chose to marry him in the first place, so do anything that will make him happy. Coming here after how many children to say you feel ashamed of yourself for letting him sleep with you makes no sense because you too have been sleeping with him. so both of you have used each other. No biggies. Forget and move on.

Look for how to spice up your moimoi. Prepare it for only your children, (give him what he wants) let him perceive your new moimoi, he'll be the one requesting for it.

You don't have to prepare it the same day you're making other meals. You can just make the moimoi on your free days and pack in the fridge for your children so you don't get to overwork yourself.
Only your last paragraph make sense.

Even in the heat of argument, we should mind what we say to our spouse. It's demeaning to say your wife responsibility is only in the kitchen and bedroom yet you use part of her salary to run the home and execute projects.

What a shameless man

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by rippa(m): 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
BloomingDale:

Also the Bible says the number of the beast is 666 and a man. If you can decode what 666 is, then you will know that you guys are actually the devils. That is why everywhere you go you rape, murder and kill, traits of the devil. You should ask yourselves why you guys demand submission so much from women and why you oppress us and why the devil rebelled against God. There you will find another correlation. Women should continue giving birth to the bloodline of the demons that rape, kill murder, and oppress them. Na them sabi. I’m speaking in parables, just like Jesus.

God had to bypass the seed of the devil(man) to bring salvation. The devils seed(man) and the woman’s seed(woman) will always be at war.
Madam if any man has broken your heart, please forgive or face the man alone and stop using one person sin to robb the face of others.
There are alot of women that are doin what the commanded them to do and they are enjoying their marriages.
Please men did not demand submission, it is clearly stated in the bible u just quote that women should submit to their husbands.
Please I will beg u to forgive any man that has offended you and try to be submissive to the next man u will meet and u will see the difference
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by olakan22: 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lalakas:
Am not happy with my husband's utterances towards me. He unapologetically told me my duties are just 2: to give him se. X and to cook. This guy has really hurt me in this marriage, he seems not to know how to talk.

I work and equally contribute to everything. I dont hide my income and i give him for the building we are both building. I am not useless and i am not a liability to him.

How it all started :
Moimoi or beans is for every other Friday or Saturday ( moimoi could be ones in 6 weeks except my kids specially ask for it) but for a while now whenever I prepare any of the 2 he would complain, regect it. He told me he doesn't like them during the week and I will never prepare them Sunday to Thursday. Friday because he won't be going to work the following day. My kids like eating moimoi very well, infact, it is one their best meals. Atimes, they ask for it. My husband sees moimoi and beans as crap. Guys, he buys it and eat it outside!, my moimoi doesn't purge anyone of us. Even him but he'd keep saying he purges with moimoi, it's just an excuse.

It is difficult to cook 2 foods, i will not stop making moimoi or beans because of him, my kids like the meal so much. For the fact that he buys it out there and this food is what we usually enjoy together before now, i cant stop cooking it.

He has in many ways abused me, he is not someone I should even go the extra mile for, he doesnt sacrifice for me, he doesn't respect me, he doesn't stay close to me except when he wants se. X, always going out. He is very scarce at home. I can't cook 2 foods on days i cook moimoi or beans.

And for telling me my duties are just 2 in his life, I feel abused for allowing him have se. X with me all these while, i feel like a kitchen tool for cooking for him. His intentions and motives about a women are so demeaning.

I am feeling so ashamed of myself. He place no value on me.

Sometimes I feel like these stories are there to boost traffic because, I don gerit...

That aside, this issue isn't simply about food. Your marriage isn't in a good place. You need to decide what you want. If you want to fight for your marriage, then you go to do what you got to do! Stay strong
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by imagrg(m): 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2022
You appear so uncaring!

If you want your marriage to work out, you should better stoop low to your husband's demands and treat him with affection like it was before the kids came.

You seem to have diverted your attention to your kids by recognising their demands and attending to them first before your husband's.
The poor man doesn't want to pick quarrels with you, is the reason why he goes out often.

My Advice is that you pet him like your baby. Give him what he desires. And for goodness sake, dress yourself up in sexy looking clothes to catch his fancy.

Give him the do and the food he craves for and you will see him stay at home often and that glitter would return!
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by BRATISLAVA: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Stop that nonsense! The man eats moi-moi outside but bullies his wife over the same.On top of that, he speaks down to her telling her she is only for sex and cooking. Don't need to be a rocket scientist to realize this is more than just about beans and moi-moi. undecided

Are you implying she married an old woman-hater?

If you tell women that men will remain contemptuous of them, regardless of how many bills women handle, they will tell you it's about adding value to yourself as a woman to gain his "respect". The thing is: a man who is a misogynist will remain one regardless of how much women do to impress him. Meanwhile he will do nothing except bring out money (when he feels like it), and expect the world from her, things he will never do for her. Get married to normal men, not men that are in constant bitterness and hurt and anger at women.

It's not like she didn't know this about him when dating. This man is much older than she is, if she will share. He would've pretended to be principled, meanwhile he was just desperate for a family.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by FORWARDEVERLY: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Quit your marriage let another serious woman move in..
Ode.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by BRATISLAVA: 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2022
imagrg:
You appear so uncaring!

If you want your marriage to work out, you should better stoop low to your husband's demands and treat him with affection like it was before the kids came.

You seem to have diverted your attention to your kids by recognising their demands and attending to them first before your husband's.
The poor man doesn't want to pick quarrels with you, is the reason why he goes out often.

My Advice is that you pet him like your baby. Give him what he desires. And for goodness sake, dress yourself up in sexy looking clothes to catch his fancy.

Give him the do and the food he craves for and you will see him stay at home often and that glitter would return!

Lol.

The kind of advice on this forum. She should cook twice a day to please him, as his cooking unit. And then open wide for him. And then he'll graciously tell her that she's for cooking and sex only, after doing what he'll never do for her. He's going out because he's cheating and doesn't care.

Your advice is so warped and one-sided. Have you asked what the man is doing for her and should do? Or is marriage only for women? Marriages are destroyed by men with hate and ego. Men need advice and to change.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by BloomingDale(f): 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2022
rippa:

My dear save yourself stress
No man will disrespect you because you are a woman except u invited the disrespect to yourself.
That lady knows exactly what she is doing.
If the man had not complain about it before the abuse, it would have been a case of the man is bad, not when he have been constantly repeating the same thing but the woman is not ready to adjust. Well, the man get time sha. If na me ; I will just avoid her food totally.

It’s not in me to submit to any man. I respect people but never submission. It’s not in my DNA. My marriage will be an equal partnership. I have never had issues with anyone. It’s totally against whom I am to submit to any man.

2 Likes

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by FORWARDEVERLY: 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2022
phemmyfour:
Only your last paragraph make sense.

Even in the heat of argument, we should mind what we say to our spouse. It's demeaning to say your wife responsibility is only in the kitchen and bedroom yet you use part of her salary to run the home and execute projects.

What a shameless man

Shut up Fool..
The man is 100% right.. a wife is meant for Sex and food only..
All these woke generation fools.. no wonder both the males and females of these new generation are frustrated and bitter in their Marriage ...
Unlike the old when everyone knew their roles..

Useless fools.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by BRATISLAVA: 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Raxxye(m): 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2022
Forgive him, Dear sis; he didn't mean what he said. It was just anger outburst!
Forgive him,pls!
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by BRATISLAVA: 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2022
Raxxye:
Forgive him, Dear sis; he didn't mean what he said. It was just anger outburst!
Forgive him,pls!

Yeah, while he goes to buy the food he doesn't eat at home from his outdoor girlfriend.

Nigerian women are coping with a lot. SMH.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by FORWARDEVERLY: 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
How many "methods" do you know of where it concerns making moi-moi abeg? which of those methods will cause your significant other to call you out that you are only there for sex and cooking? undecided

Shut up foolish Feminist wannabe..
The Op Husband is right.. Women are meant for Sex and cooking only..
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Philipmaxwell: 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2022
A man has no right whatsoever to yell at a woman that all she's good for is sex and cooking. My dear, you married wrong. For your own sake, what away from that marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Elporo(m): 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2022
Acidosis:
The problem in your home is unrelated to food.

It is well.

Mba .. that food tis what the man uses as a proxy to gauge the utility his wife brings to the union at this stage.

She on the other hand, feels the money she contributes to the house or whatever they are building means she be agu-nwanyi
The man is pissed, because he does not need her money for the construction, he needs her good food, and the curves on her body.

But the feminist says no ... she says no .. no . no . This should be a lesson to men. If you do not need a woman's money do not ask for it, nor accept it, if it is given.

This woman no go change, until oga tell am say no more contribution for building .... All monies received will be refunded in no distant time.

Imagine the nonsense. I can't cook two meals at a time. grin
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by BloomingDale(f): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Why did you delete it? Aren't we told that women are the devil because Eve apparently held intimate discussions with the devil?

The hearts of men are desperately wicked, there's so much you're refusing to post. Men are described perfectly well in the bible, but somehow women have allowed them to post garbage instead.

I deleted it because a lot of African men are not ready for the truth, so I don’t want to put other peoples life at risk. The evidence was left in the man’s throat known as Adam’s apple, because we all know who is forever casting blame and lying on the innocent women.

2 Likes

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by ajidikun: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What about him buying this fantastic moi-moi he eats outside on moi-moi days so his wife and kids can eat it with him instead? undecided
yes,that's also a good idea,but you know some of us prefer eating our wife's cooking,he might be one of us and just pretending about it or being a plain a***ole and not being understanding on the stress of cooking moi moi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by rippa(m): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
BloomingDale:

It’s not in me to submit to any man. I respect people but never submission. It’s not in my DNA. My marriage will be an equal partnership. I have never had issues with anyone. It’s totally against whom I am to submit to any man.
Then you are not a child of God
The bible commanded men to love their wives and the wives to submit to their husbands
The bible never made u guys equal. You are helpmate to him.
The earlier you realise this the better for your mental health
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by lawrenzooo: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lalakas:
Am not happy with my husband's utterances towards me. He unapologetically told me my duties are just 2: to give him se. X and to cook. This guy has really hurt me in this marriage, he seems not to know how to talk.

I work and equally contribute to everything. I dont hide my income and i give him for the building we are both building. I am not useless and i am not a liability to him.

How it all started :
Moimoi or beans is for every other Friday or Saturday ( moimoi could be ones in 6 weeks except my kids specially ask for it) but for a while now whenever I prepare any of the 2 he would complain, regect it. He told me he doesn't like them during the week and I will never prepare them Sunday to Thursday. Friday because he won't be going to work the following day. My kids like eating moimoi very well, infact, it is one their best meals. Atimes, they ask for it. My husband sees moimoi and beans as crap. Guys, he buys it and eat it outside!, my moimoi doesn't purge anyone of us. Even him but he'd keep saying he purges with moimoi, it's just an excuse.

It is difficult to cook 2 foods, i will not stop making moimoi or beans because of him, my kids like the meal so much. For the fact that he buys it out there and this food is what we usually enjoy together before now, i cant stop cooking it.

He has in many ways abused me, he is not someone I should even go the extra mile for, he doesnt sacrifice for me, he doesn't respect me, he doesn't stay close to me except when he wants se. X, always going out. He is very scarce at home. I can't cook 2 foods on days i cook moimoi or beans.

And for telling me my duties are just 2 in his life, I feel abused for allowing him have se. X with me all these while, i feel like a kitchen tool for cooking for him. His intentions and motives about a women are so demeaning.

Hmmm.
Sad ur hubby sees you as just a intimacy gadget... I guess something happened along the line that you are not telling us or you also don't know. That moimoi issue na just smoke screen to a real problem. Una problem no be moimoi issue. Sit him down and have a heart to heart conversation with him. If you need to spark, spark but no shock the man sha.

All da best.

P

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by BloomingDale(f): 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
rippa:

The bible commanded men to love their wives and the wives to submit to their husbands

The Bible is misogynistic so I’m not a believer in any religion be it Christianity or Islam or any.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by BloomingDale(f): 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2022
rippa:

Do you know the woman was created first and the Y chromosome is a defect of the X chromosome of the woman? I don’t want to argue with you. Your beliefs are different from mine. The man does not love his wife, so how can the woman submit, but majority of you guys are casting the blame on the wife, typical of the male specie.

1 Like

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by Gospel2Day: 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lalakas:

How it all started :

Sorry about the hurts and abuses your insensitive husband has been hurling at you.
But please, two wrongs don't make a right. Try and cook something else for him apart from Moimoi.
You have invested so much in the marriage. Don't throw everything away with anger.
Your man has a temperament issue. He is probably a choleric or sanguine. They can be very selfish and insensitive to the pain of others. Some even derive sadistic joy from hurting others.
You can't change him. Keep close to Jesus and don't stop praying for God to touch and change him.
In the meantime, stay close to your kids and make them your companions.
You will be alright.
I empathize with you.
Shalom.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by phemmyfour: 6:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
FORWARDEVERLY:

Shut up Fool..
The man is 100% right.. a wife is meant for Sex and food only..
All these woke generation fools.. no wonder both the males and females of these new generation are frustrated and bitter in their Marriage ...
Unlike the old when everyone knew their roles..

Useless fools.
You're unintelligent

1 Like

Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by rippa(m): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
BloomingDale:

Do you know the woman was created first and the Y chromosome is a defect of the X chromosome of the woman? I don’t want to argue with you. Your beliefs are different from mine. The man does not live his wife so how can the woman submit but you guys are all casting the blame on the wife.
Lolz
Where u dey read all this misconception
The woman was created from the ribs of the man.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by FORWARDEVERLY: 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
phemmyfour:
You're unintelligent

Still more intelligent than your mother..
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by sanyaolurilwan(m): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
Kudos boss .

Best advice

OriOko88:
You too should stop cooking him moi moi if he says he doesn't like it. A Yoruba adage says, A soup which d husband doesnt like,the wife doesn't cook. You can prepare d moi moi for the kids and you,then prepares his own favorite too. That's d why i don't buy the idea of making time table for food. Why must I be eating a particular food for a specified day. Take for example,why must I eat rice on Saturdays because it's what on the time table..like wtf. A man must eat varieties of food when he so desires.

I think he's frustrated by the boring foods you giving him..spice up ur food and see him change. Ask him what he would like the family to eat before cooking..ditch the food time table for nw. How many men dey eat moi moi these days??
Change ur food time table and see u having ur man back cool
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by FireUpNow(m): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lalakas:

How it all started :

The wise thing for you to do is improve in the areas he complained about. Learn to cook him good and delicious food and sex him hard and steady like an animal.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by BRATISLAVA: 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
BloomingDale:

I deleted it because a lot of African men are not ready for the truth, so I don’t want to put other peoples life at risk. The evidence was left in the man’s throat known as Adam’s apple, because we all know who is forever casting blame and lying on the innocent.

shocked shocked

I never saw @bolded that way before. I'm going to explain that one to somebody that has a very prominent Adam's apple.

You're right, though. We can't expect the caliber of men who denigrate women on the forum to have understanding or true intellect. They're just sheep. Sheep in the trenches.
Re: What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! by rippa(m): 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
BloomingDale:

Do you know the woman was created first and the Y chromosome is a defect of the X chromosome of the woman? I don’t want to argue with you. Your beliefs are different from mine. The man does not love his wife, so how can the woman submit, but majority of you guys are casting the blame on the wife, typical of the male specie.
Yes because the woman is the cause of her own problems.
When u do what is expected of u in marriage, you won't have problem. Marriage is you do ur part and I do mine.
She felt maybe because she is supporting the man financially in building their house, so the man must not be respected. Typical of naija girls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? / Court Declares LG Marriage Certificates Illegal / How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.