Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families (30988 Views)

The Sweet Rice And Beans I’m Cooking / Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera / How To Cook Tasty Chicken Curry Sauce For White Rice (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
NonsenseRubbish:

This Akamu and beans go well cheesy I’m not a fan of akamu and beans prefer akamu and akara but because if this I’ll give it a try wink

Try it and you will never stop eating it.

1 Like

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by berryPee(m): 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2022
Two things (Grace of God and hot water) needed when preparing a smooth akamu like this.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2022
Ganjafama:
Pepper and tomatoes for N100? You must be living in the late 90s. Where I live 5 little tomatoes sells for N100. Same goes for pepper.

I just scope the aboki. Not everything one must spend tons of money on. Sometimes you just need to scope the market women. wink
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
berryPee:
Two things (Grace of God and hot water) needed when preparing a smooth akamu like this.

Lol... Akamu no fit trick me. You know since I've been making akamu? Toh

1 Like

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by chidan1214: 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2022
Channah1:

You should have asked euy I parboiled the beans before saying it doesn't make sense.

If I don't parboil my beans before cooking, it will disturb my stomach. Like serious stomach upset that I'll be rolling on the floor. I had that experience for long until I watched a program where a doctor confirmed that its unparboiled beans that causes such upset.

Since then I've been parboiling it and I no longer experience that stomach upset.

I tot she wil add the resulting pungent smelling gbish gbish prakatakata...lol...mess or gasing...that comes with the stomach upset if you do not parboil the beans. So parboiling your beans removes that chemical constituents of beans that leads to stomach upset, kpakam

2 Likes

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by alizma: 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2022
Cypress042:

Then the police need to arrest you for misleading the public cool
� Nairaland, home of fun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by seunak2016: 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2022
Divay22:

So you just cook beans straight like that grin

Belle never pain you for night be that grin
Please parboil o.. I think beans has a kind of gas like that and also you won't be able to eat it, if it stays till the next day.
after washing before put it on fire, what else again ? what don't kill since we are little cant kill us now
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Tegabadguy(m): 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2022
Channah1:

Try it and you will never stop eating it.
who make the akamu cool cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 6:22pm On Sep 01, 2022
Tegabadguy:
who make the akamu cool cool cool

Me nau.
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by baralatie(m): 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
Exxxgeee:
Eating alot of it does..
Did not work on me fah
undecided
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Tegabadguy(m): 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
Channah1:

Me nau.
grin grin grin grin this girl you like food oooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Allisgud: 6:45pm On Sep 01, 2022
See balling,effcc and nddc plus are coming take off
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by elmaz(m): 6:45pm On Sep 01, 2022
�� nigeria too sweet I beg oooo..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by phransix2: 6:48pm On Sep 01, 2022
Channah1:

Very cheap ooo
Beans 1 derica 450
Oil 100
Crayfish 100
Pepper and tomatoes 100
Onion. #20 grin
Akamu. #50

820 naira only for pot of beans and plate of akamu.

I had little ororo and left over spring onions from my fried rice preparations.

Did you add Gas?
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by AllDModsAreMaad: 6:48pm On Sep 01, 2022
Channah1:
This style of beans is my dad's favorite. Whenever he takes over the kitchen to prepare beans, he must add tomatoes and the taste is always on another level. So this is my dad's recipe.

I washed and Parboiled the beans.
Then decanted the water and added fresh water to cook it.

I cooked the beans until it was Soft and done.

I sliced onions into it
Added crayfish
Little vegetable oil

Grated some fresh peppers and tomatoes and added to it. And finally added palm oil, stired and let it simmer for some mins. Brought it down.

I prepared pap and served with the beans topped with some spring onions.

This meal is cost effective yet rich and very nutritious.

My favorite...

This kind food for make me ask OP to marry me.

JK cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2022
phransix2:

Did you add Gas?

No.
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by chypotenti(m): 6:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
Channah1:
This style of beans is my dad's favorite. Whenever he takes over the kitchen to prepare beans, he must add tomatoes and the taste is always on another level. So this is my dad's recipe.

I sliced onions into it
Added crayfish
Little vegetable oil

Grated some fresh peppers and tomatoes and added to it. And finally added palm oil, stired and let it simmer for some mins. Brought it down.

Wow!!! I like eating this Saturdays.... After enjoying the meal na to just dose off!!! grin grin Channah1 I hail oooo!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by thaoriginator: 7:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
Suffer 101 cry
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Divay22(f): 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2022
seunak2016:
after washing before put it on fire, what else again ? what don't kill since we are little cant kill us now

Na ignorance talk be this..
You don't know that as you grow old they're some things your system wouldn't agree to again..

No worry, dey cook am the way you like, sha get retentive memory because when he go happen, na bush way near river you go locate for easy passage and pray make he no be for night because anything way you see you go manage.
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Divay22(f): 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
berryPee:
I still can't make pap to save my life..

But i can make custard.. I just told myself it's because i really don't like pap hence my unwillingness to learn it.
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by seunak2016: 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
Divay22:

Na ignorance talk be this..
You don't know that as you grow old they're some things your system wouldn't agree to again..

No worry, dey cook am the way you like, sha get retentive memory because when he go happen, na bush way near river you go locate for easy passage and pray make he no be for night because anything way you see you go manage.
still chop beans this morning and normal washing . I no purge . thanks for the advice
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Divay22(f): 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
seunak2016:
still chop beans this morning and normal washing . I no purge . thanks for the advice
Alright o
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2022
chypotenti:
Wow!!! I like eating this Saturdays.... After enjoying the meal na to just dose off!!! grin grin Channah1 I hail oooo!!
Lol... grin I'm telling you. You'll take off once grin.

I hail too o. cheesy
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by fluffybaby(f): 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2022
OP take it . You are a good cook

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2022
fluffybaby:
OP take it . You are a good cook

Thank uuu cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Emmyblue(m): 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2022
Channah1:

Very cheap ooo
Beans 1 derica 450
Oil 100
Crayfish 100
Pepper and tomatoes 100
Onion. #20 grin
Akamu. #50 angry

820 naira only for pot of beans and plate of akamu.

I had little ororo and left over spring onions from my fried rice preparations.
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by jonahhh: 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2022
Na sleep you dey so after this meal… I’ve never had this and not feel sleepy afterwards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by debbydams(f): 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
DarkCaesar:
you still Dey?
o gbadun undecided
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by highbee02: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
Did u cook the spring onion? It looks fresh. I'm curious
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Channah1(f): 10:52pm On Sep 01, 2022
highbee02:
Did u cook the spring onion? It looks fresh. I'm curious

Nope.
Re: Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families by Nigra(f): 12:10am On Sep 02, 2022
Channah1:

I sliced onions into it
Added crayfish
Little vegetable oil

The sleep after this Na heaven, especially when you naked and fan dey blow your kpekus.. grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Team Puff-puff Or Team Buns: Which One Are You? (pictures) / Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) / Meet Bethany Gasky, Her Food, Mukbang Videos On YouTube Made Her A Millionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.