Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,989 members, 7,799,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos (122982 Views)

What makes a Nigerian Wedding Interesting? Wedding Reception Venues In Ibadan? / Live Music For Wedding Receptions! / Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by LadyB(f): 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2007
If u know a nice place for a wedding reception or for a traditional engagement in lagos -Will love to hear from u!

Including the location, price

THANKS
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by LadyB(f): 9:47am On Aug 20, 2007
Am sure there is at least one person here who knows a venue .
SO PLS GUYS DROP IN YOUR SUGGESTIONS!
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by laudate: 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2007
Lots of places exist in Lagos, where you can have a nice traditional wedding or reception.

1). MUSON Centre - Onikan: This is an upmarket location in the heart of Lagos. There are two halls with adequate air-conditioning and seats. There is the Shell Nigeria Hall a 1,000 seater conference hall with two adjoining Function Rooms; the Agip Recital Hall with Stall Seats for 298 persons and 14 Boxes seating 78 additional persons etc. There is also parking space within the premises.

2). YORUBA TENNIS CLUB: This is also located in Onikan. Parking space is small, so your guests may have to park on the street. But the grounds are spacious. And you can put up your canopies & arrange your seats any way, you like. But you need to be a member of the club, to use its' facilites.

3). LAWN TENNIS CLUB: Again, it is a stone throw away from Onikan, just opposite the Tafawa Balewa Square. It has a large open space, so you will need to arrange for canopies & chairs. Again, you need to be a member or be recommended by one, to get access to the facilities.

4). EKO HOTEL EXHIBITION HALL/CONFERENCE CENTRE: This is located in Victoria Island, and is part of the Eko Hotel complex. There is adequate parking space, a stand-by generator, chairs etc.

5). XQZ MOI: Off Lekki-Epe Expressway, near Shoprite, close to the Lekki First Roundabout. It is an open space, owned by Ali Baba the comedian, and its' a little off the beaten track. Lots of open air, and enough space to set up canopies and arrange seats. Quite suitable for an Owanbe kind of gathering.

6). VGC RECREATION PARK: Located inside Victoria Garden City on Lekki-Epe Expressway, the place is nice and quiet. The ambience of the Estate makes it quite attractive for anyone that wants to have an exclusive party-Cum-traditional wedding.

7). FEDERAL PALACE HOTEL ATLANTIC GARDENS: Located in Victoria Island, the gardens of the Federal Palace Hotel, are quite popular for those who want an enclosed space, for their parties. you may need to check out other associated costs like corkage etc. The beauty is that the Hotel offers catering services & an in-house band, for those who wish to have a one-stop, all-inclusive service for their parties.

8.) THE CIVIC CENTRE: Located on Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue, in Victoria Island, this location has about three halls within the complex. Word has it costs about 350,000 per day to hire each hall. Parking is a MAJOR problem, at this location as space is in such short supply within the premises. Most guests park on the road. But the mother of all parties have been held in this location, since it opened. One writer actually described it as the latest entrant in this group, built on prime property facing the water incorporating a boat club with facilities for holding parties, receptions and company events. It is rumoured to have been built by a top banker after his application for the prestigious Boat Club was turned down!

9). PEARL GARDEN is situated in Ocean View, at the beginning of Adetokubo Ademola Street, in Victoria Island, is a complex owned by Eko Hotels consisting of three different restaurants and a large expanse of land facing the Atlantic Ocean where shows and mini concerts are held. This is such a lovely up-market location, and would do fine for a wedding reception or party. Parking space is available.

10). LAGOS MOTOR BOAT CLUB on Awolowo Road, Ikoyi as well as POLO CLUB off Ribadu Road in South-West, Ikoyi are other places where one can hold a traditional wedding or after-wedding party. But you need to be a member to qualify, or get recommendations from a member, in order to get a permit to hold your party, there.

There are so many other places in Lagos, with enough space & facilities, where you can hold a wonderful reception. Just search. But make sure you arrange your own security at these locations, especially the ones in Onikan area. Wish you luck! cool

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by ufobabe(f): 5:22pm On Aug 20, 2007
I DON'T REALLY KNOW THE PRICE
CHIQUITER FIRST FLOOR
ALONG AKOWONJO ROAD
EGBEDA
LAGOS

1 Like

Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by LadyB(f): 12:08pm On Aug 22, 2007
thanx guys for the suggestions!
i will look into this venues.
@laudata-how much security do u need?
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by laudate: 7:47pm On Aug 22, 2007
LadyB:

thanx guys for the suggestions!
i will look into this venues.
@laudata-how much security do u need?

Er. . . .it would depend on the number of guests you are expecting and number of cars that are likely to turn up. Areas like Onikan, are close to down-town Lagos and cars parked on the streets in such areas, are a target for street urchins popularly known as Area Boys. There are private security outfits in Lagos such as Corporate Guards, Halogen Security, Vanni etc. who can supply guards at a fee, at short notice. A good rule of thumb would be to get have one guard watching over about ten-fifteen cars at any point in time. The local police stations also provide security back up on request. Just keep something for the boys. . . wink
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by LadyB(f): 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2007
thanx for that laudate! god bless u
and i know better.
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by bluehorizo(m): 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2008
Does anyone know a Wedding reception/price anywhere at Ikeja?
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by lucabrasi(m): 12:46am On Apr 08, 2008
bluehorizo:

Does anyone know a Wedding reception/price anywhere at Ikeja?

lagos country club near issac john gra

the skypower club near archbishop vining memeoria church

victory group of schools -the entrance near etiebets place all d way down and make a right turn

skyone in maryland
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 08, 2008
Speaking for Ikeja.

Events Centre- Near Fela's shrine Agidingbi

Memorable gathering- Agidingbi

All Seasons Plaza- Agidingbi.

Ostra Hotel- Alausa

LTV Grounds- Agidingbi

Most of the schools around there also allow peopl euse their open spaces for Parties.
eg Bee hive school, hall mark and so on.
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by remia: 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2008
I'm also looking for a venue for my wedding and i want it near the church which is winners chapel in canaan land, any ideas
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by taggevents: 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2008
remia:

I'm also looking for a venue for my wedding and i want it near the church which is winners chapel in canaan land, any ideas

hi. there's a new place beside canaan land called Segi's Garden. Dnt know if its open yet though.cheers
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by remia: 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2008
Thank you
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Outstrip(f): 8:14pm On Jan 01, 2009
Any prices on these places?
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by shoshoB(f): 2:56am On Feb 06, 2009
hi all

I'm also looking for a venue for my wedding in ILE IFE, any ideas please

I know about the OAU but i don't have a price on how much the hall is for hire, if anyone also have an idea of the price please please let me know.

Many Thanks
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by JamalJiga: 4:24pm On Jul 06, 2009
Hello

Does anybody know the rate to hire the following halls?:

Muson Centre, Onikan

Eko Hotel Exhibition Hall VI

XQZ Moi, Lekki

VGC Receareation Park

The Civic Centre VI

Pearl Garden VI
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by JamalJiga: 9:15am On Jul 07, 2009
@ Edema77

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I have also heard about Air Force Officers Mess, Kofo Abayomi on the Island, and have been told that it is also a good place to hire, but couldn't tell of the price to hire it, does anyone happen to know?
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by babygurl19(f): 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2009
hi everyone, this topic is what i have been looking for, pls am planning my wedding and i am intrested in some halls like balmoral, ostra, eko fm hall,pls i iwill like to know the prices of these halls,thanks
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2009
edema77:

Civi Centre - N1.8M
Ocean View - N1.0M
Planet Hall - N875k
Welcome Centre - N750k (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSVgxD978Yc) & (www.youtube.com/watch?v=idO37q97Dqk)
Federal Palace - N600k but top capacity is 350 people
I dont know the rest, but you can check their websites

These prices for just a hall usage in one day?
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2009
//
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2009
chaircover:

You better go and tie your trouser tight Femi wink

Wedding dress - N100,000
Musician - 1 Million
Decor - N100,000

I really have to tight am well oh, else, we go just do the traditional thing {even though, i never liked it}
Common, i think that is crazy for a hall rental, and we go still feed people oh, and in Nigeria, invite one person, they will come in troops.
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by anochie: 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2009
Rockview Hotel Festac located at 23rd festac. good environment good security network and a honeymoon package for the new couple
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by anochie: 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2009
if u are interested in rockview hotel, the hall capacity is 250 and the pay is 70k u can contact me email ifebaby_10@yahoo.com
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 7:18pm On Jul 08, 2009
anochie:

if u are interested in rockview hotel, the hall capacity is 250 and the pay is 70k u can contact me email ifebaby_10@yahoo.com

This your own price compared to all i have see here on this thread, your own hall must be some piece of junk, probably with some leaking roof and not fan, talkless of air condition, maybe no water there, and not good raod to lead to the place sef or how come so cheap?
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by anochie: 10:12am On Jul 09, 2009
Fhemmmy -------You are abusing me cos of the price i gave? why not try it, idont want to abuse cos i know yr prob is nigerian mentality that believe that the yardstick for measuring standard and quality outlet is by the amt charged but u are wrong cos we are doing promo thats why its as cheap as that. it is 150k.the price was slashed cos of the promo. It seems u are not versatile in the hospitality industry. why not check our website for more convinction www.rockviewhotels.com
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Onyi2009: 11:47am On Jul 09, 2009
@ Anochie - Rockview prices sound good to me. More info please. I've just had a look on their website but there are no pics. Have you actually attended a wedding there?
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Ben13: 11:58am On Jul 09, 2009
City Mall, Island. . .N135K
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2009
anochie:

Fhemmmy -------You are abusing me cos of the price i gave? why not try it, idont want to abuse cos i know yr prob is nigerian mentality that believe that the yardstick for measuring standard and quality outlet is by the amt charged but u are wrong cos we are doing promo thats why its as cheap as that. it is 150k.the price was slashed cos of the promo. It seems u are not versatile in the hospitality industry. why not check our website for more convinction www.rockviewhotels.com

Haaaaaaaaaaa, i wasnt yabbing yu at all, i was just trying to understand how come it was that cheap and if you took offence to that, my sincere heartfelt apologies.
I will check and will make sure i give u guys biz.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Beautiful Pre wedding And wedding Photoshoot Ideas To Copy. / 15-Year-Old Boy Marries 22-Year-Old Lady In Abia State (Photos) / MC Oluomo Throws ‘Braless’ Birthday Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.