Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,838 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos (123035 Views)

What makes a Nigerian Wedding Interesting? Wedding Reception Venues In Ibadan? / Live Music For Wedding Receptions! / Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2009
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by anochie: 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2009
the hall is a 200-250 seaters in a banquet setting. as i said ealier its cos of promo . and the promo is tagged wedding without tears for just 350k and150pax u ve a reception with including a well set hall
2 types of rice
2 types of swallow(eba\semo
water,soft drink malt and juices with non alcoholic wines.

our apapa complex is coming up soon by sept n its 1500capacity hall at 500k. are u ok with that one. we have a standard which we ve build over 15yrs in operation and no one can compromise it. sefiniiiiiiiii
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2009
Ben20001:

City Mall, Island. . .N135K

Give us a siite to check them out too like annochie did.
chaircover:

Femi has a point

There is no such thing as a free dinner, If its too cheap then its cheap.

Nothing to do with Nigerian mentalilty.

Even in Ibadan expect to pay N750,000 for a 2000 capacity very good hall.

Much cheaper than that then your guests will be passing out from the heat with broken noisy standing fans.

She said it is a promo.
So we only need to know what the regular price would be once the promo is over

anochie:

the hall is a 200-250 seaters in a banquet setting. as i said ealier its cos of promo . and the promo is tagged wedding without tears for just 350k and150pax u ve a reception with including a well set hall
2 types of rice
2 types of s[i]wallow(eba\semo[/i]
water,soft drink malt and juices with non alcoholic wines.

our apapa complex is coming up soon by sept n its 1500capacity hall at 500k. are u ok with that one. we have a standard which we ve build over 15yrs in operation and no one can compromise it. sefiniiiiiiiii

Swallow?
Never heard of that be4, but i like the terminology- - - My dear, bring the swallow now, i am hungry: i like that, ammo start using it too
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 09, 2009
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 4:46pm On Jul 09, 2009
chaircover:

Question is how many people invite 200 people to their wedding?

The last wedding I attended had 37 people on the bridal train alone & not counting bride and groom

Nigerian wedding, u invite 100people, you have to expect 500 people, but wait oh, how can this be stopped.
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2009
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Chaircover don open chair oh.
Anyways, i will pass it to friends and family and hopefully get you some biz.
i really need to work hard ohhhhhhhhhhhh

1 Like

Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by SUKKIE(m): 8:29pm On Jul 09, 2009
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Unilag Multipurpose Hall,quite central and relatively affordable.
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by kelmasu(f): 10:33pm On Jul 09, 2009
dont forget to check out this website www.kelmasubridalshop.web.officelive.com for your wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses and also invitation cards
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by EmiLegan: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2009
Is there another place in Festac or close by other than the rockview hotel?
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2009
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by haduwa(f): 5:48pm On Aug 01, 2009
hello Guys,
Vry nice topic,
Anyway i dnt live in Nija and i have been doing some research ,
I have gotten quotes from 2 places on the island, Federal Palace hotel is 600k, feeding/dinner buffet is 5,500 per person and beverages(non-alcoholic) is 2500 per person, And they said they dnt use the garden again, because that was what i really wanted they said they use their INDEPENDENCE BALLROOM only for occassions,
Then Protea hotel (Oakwood) very close to chevron, very nice atmosphere really, quotes as follows, 180k for the ball room(VERY FAIR PRICE I GUESS) and 4,400 per person for a dinner buffet,
So wedding for nija expensive no be small,
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2009
haduwa:

hello Guys,
Vry nice topic,
Anyway i dnt live in Nija and i have been doing some research ,
I have gotten quotes from 2 places on the island, Federal Palace hotel is 600k, feeding/dinner buffet is 5,500 per person and beverages(non-alcoholic) is 2500 per person, And they said they dnt use the garden again, because that was what i really wanted they said they use their INDEPENDENCE BALLROOM only for occassions,
Then Protea hotel (Oakwood) very close to chevron, very nice atmosphere really, quotes as follows, 180k for the ball room(VERY FAIR PRICE I GUESS) and 4,400 per person for a dinner buffet,
So wedding for nija expensive no be small,

It can be expensive and can be cheap if that is what you want.
You will determine what you want based on your pocket.
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by haduwa(f): 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2009
True Fhemmy,
Anyway it actually depends on what one wants/likes,
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2009
haduwa:

True Fhemmy,
Anyway it actually depends on what one wants/likes,

I think sometimes, the sistas just need to take it easy with the brodas.
The broda too needs to be open and be honest with the sista and not agree to what you cant afford.
And sometimes, we can go by what we want, BUT by what we can afford
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by r231(m): 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2009
anochie:

if u are interested in rockview hotel, the hall capacity is 250 and the pay is 70k u can contact me email ifebaby_10@yahoo.com

do you still have this deal,
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by abride: 12:59pm On Sep 11, 2009
Hi guyz,

I called Welcome centre and it seems the price has increased 4rm 750k to 1million. Is there anyway to beat down and bargain the price.

Thanks.Please some1 reply
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by r231(m): 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2009
abride:

Hi guyz,

I called Welcome centre and it seems the price has increased 4rm 750k to 1million. Is there anyway to beat down and bargain the price.

Thanks.Please some1 reply

since july or something I went there with ma fiancee in june and its not just d 1M dey will still charge u for food and drinks d quote dey gave us is about 1.7M so i told dem to shove it,,,,,,,,,,,,lol
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by abride: 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2009
Mhen thats just crazy 1.7M dats about the whole budget.not like it comes wit decoration or smthg. na dem sabi. i beta delete deir number sharply.
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by r231(m): 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2009
abride:

Mhen thats just crazy 1.7M dats about the whole budget.not like it comes wit decoration or smthg. na dem sabi. i beta delete deir number sharply.

try event centre its nice out there most of the hotels will charge you to bring your own food well dats what we fig out
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by abride: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2009
I've been to event centre tho beautiful its pretty small plus the gardn will cost 750k by next year
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by r231(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2009
abride:

I've been to event centre tho beautiful its pretty small plus the gardn will cost 750k by next year

try secretariat
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Rebarobyn: 12:14pm On Sep 19, 2009
I was just passing by this thread and I saw all the prices of these venues, what the hell shocked how in the world do you pay up to 2m for a venue? and close to 10000 per head for food and drinks lagos is such a fake place for fake people, it is because of status and forming of levels that these hotels and venues have hiked prices, why would you even want 2000 guests in the first place. in abuja you'll get a very decent hotel venue for even less than 100k and it'll seat at least 100-120 people, neat and secured gardens/parks for no more than 40k, lagos is just ridiculously expensive!!!
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 05, 2009
Anyway, I did some party get together at TFC Place in 2nd Avenue, 22 Road, Festac Town recently.The place is owned by Tastee Fried Chicken (TFC). There are two classic halls.The cost is relatively cheap compared to others in the area.

The Golden Hall: Omobalaji Maami Hall contains about 1000 people & 750 seats with table for just N600k
The Silver Hall: Victoria Onigbepo Hall contains about 1000 people & 750 seats with table for just N450k

The contact details are 07029698825 , 08033995494,07029089302, 01-8146751

Even, it was TFC that prepared the meals for me that day.Very very reasonable rates.Unbelievable.

Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by teddystar: 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2009
wow, i know these prices are steep!
I had my wedding at welcome centre hotels 2 months ago.
I paid everything just under 1 mil for it
My cousin is doing hers this xmas, they charged her just over 1 mil.
the trick is too bargain and beat the price down
when they initially gave me a high price, I asked to see the manager and he brought the price down for me.
Also pays to book well ahead of your wedding
I know its expensive but this is naija, everyone wants to come to your wedding, esp people u dont know!!!
the best thing is to close your eyes to the price and pick the right venue for you, your partner, family and friends
if you want to enjoy your day and have a stress free fun day, U've got to go for the best halls!!!! (http://www.drakeandcavendish.com/luxury-hotels/africa/nigeria/lagos-nigeria/Welcome_Centre_Hotels.html)
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by stephedith(f): 11:28am On Jan 08, 2010
Does anyone know a Wedding reception/price anywhere at Oshodi at affordable price
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by EjaDaddy: 11:43pm On Jan 10, 2010
hmmmmm
i dont know about the post before last - its not by force to have naija wedding with thousands attending.
I went to a wedding at Welcome Centre,
The girl just had no more than 200 guests, she was very strict and she was able to use thier banquet hall for about N200 to N250k
Its their multipurpose hall that seats 2,000 people that costs N750k to N1m.
So if you are not having an obscene wedding, i recommend there.
If you dont mind seating outside, thier garden seats up to 800 but costs N150k
please oh, its not by force to marry naija style, i rather keep my money for honeymood or car rather than feed absolute strangers for the day wink
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by sandraa(f): 9:20am On Jan 20, 2010
I ve always wanted a garden wedding, am not thinking of spending obscene money just cos i want to get married! Does anybody have prices of event planners to set up a garden wedding and also it should be at ssattelite or festac town! ,
please if you know any pls give me details my wedding is coming up soon i need options!
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by pollyfox: 8:36pm On Jan 20, 2010
its so difficult planning from outside of nigeria.

I dont want a hall, id really like a garden or the exclusive use of a boutique hotel. Im looking at no more than 200 guests.

Anyone know of gardens and estimated cost?
Re: Wedding Receptions Venues In Lagos by ms2rat: 10:11am On Jan 21, 2010
i knw of a garden at Lekki phase 1 off Admiralty way. To get half of the plot is 250K but to get the whole plot will cost u double i.e. 500K these prices are from 2008 not sure how much it is going for now.

Please any one has an idea how to get to use the TBS grounds and how much it will cost? And if it is possible to use these Lagos state schools with huge compound space i doubt it will cost much so far you promise to clean up after use. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Beautiful Pre wedding And wedding Photoshoot Ideas To Copy. / 15-Year-Old Boy Marries 22-Year-Old Lady In Abia State (Photos) / MC Oluomo Throws ‘Braless’ Birthday Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.