Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

My Fear Of Delivery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fear Of Delivery (3359 Views)

Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police / Discrepancy In Estimated Date Of Delivery (EDD) / My Fear Of Delivery Is All Over! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fear Of Delivery by taryour(f): 2:59pm On Aug 05, 2011
Am nine monts pregnant and due for delivery any moment from now,its my first baby and my major fear is not being able to open my legs for d doctor to take delivery of my baby, my doctor is male and I can't stand anoda man aside my hubby seeing my private part. Pls help wit an urgent response as I av nursed dis fear from day one of my pregnancy. Tnx

1 Like

Re: My Fear Of Delivery by werepeLeri: 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2011
You are not serious at all. Have you seen where a male doctors pokes his hand inside that thing u call your pu ssy? He will poke his fingers inside and use his instruments to examine the pus sy - opening it wide for him to see the baby - it is too late to moan, unless your husband turns to a doctor overnight, sorry, another man, possibly three of them will take delivery of the baby and they will all stare wide into that thing you dont want them to see. And if your fear continues, your blood pressure will rise and the implication is that you will not be able to go thru normal delivery, a CS will be ordered and you will then make your husband pay exorbitantly for no reason. So, you better calm down.

And if you still get yourself worked up and your pus sy is tight and the baby cant come out- expect a big cut of your pu ssy with their knife- so that your child can come out, they will cut your pus sy towards your anus and sew it back - and all these will be done by male doctors.

So, you better get yourself together, remove fear, prevent high BP, do what they tell you to do, and most especially, pray and forget all about another man seeing your pus sy because that is a forgone conclusion.

4 Likes

Re: My Fear Of Delivery by rose75(f): 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2011
You're funny. You have mouth to talk because you've not experienced labour pain, when it starts, you'll not even care whether your maidguard, father-inlaw or driver delivers you of your baby grin grin grin

Don't do sme-sme and suffocate that babyooo.

10 Likes

Re: My Fear Of Delivery by blank(f): 6:13pm On Aug 05, 2011
lol
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
Responses #1 and #2 are so funny! Had me cracking up. grin

This doesn't help Taryour though. wink
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2011
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by ima1(f): 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2011
LOL don't worry about that when the baby starts pushing to come out, with all the pains you would not even care. I wanted a female doctor, but when the baby was coming out and my female doctor wasn't around, a male doctor delivered my baby. trust me u wld not care when the time comes.
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by Smilenw(f): 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2011
OP, don't worry about trivial issues like this at this time. Your private part could be the 100th one your doc is seeing that week/month. When you get started with that pain, you are not really going to be bothered with who's around you. And when you are done with it, you'll be so engrossed with your lil one that you'll hardly get time to think of who was there and what they saw. All the best for a safe delivery !
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2011
The last thing on your mind would be a male doctor seeing your privates grin Just make sure you come back and tell us how true this is.
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by Outstrip(f): 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2011
Don't worry my dear when the first pain comes you will carry the doctors head and put it between your legs for him

3 Likes

Re: My Fear Of Delivery by werepeLeri: 2:22am On Aug 06, 2011
^^^^

You are so funny.
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by tpia5: 2:32am On Aug 06, 2011
must be a man typing this, imo.

@ 9 months pregnant a woman would be waddling like a duck and wouldnt have seen her feet in decades.

who is viewing your private parts is the least of your worries.

of course you can always ask for a female doctor assuming you had prenatal care, in which case you'd have requested one before?
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by Glamglam(f): 6:38am On Aug 06, 2011
Just like you I was terrified of delivery all because I was shy. But towards the beginning of pregnancy about 2-3 months pregnant, complications started (bleeding randomly etc). So, I went to the hospital to be checked out and guess what I had to open my legs for internal examination at 2-3 months pregnant! I don't have to explain the mess that I created. Anyway, I was examined by a guy! So I got my first tester of opening my legs.

Long story short, you will be fine. All you would want during labour is to get the baby out and first. You might want to make 'down there' presentable if that will boost your confidence. I had a male doctor for delivery but at some point during the pushing stage I must have counted at least three other staff and my mum and husband and friend and yes, they saw it all.

There are more things to worry about such as meeting your healthy baby, minimal or no tear and fast recovery. So buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy (pardon the pun) ride!

1 Like

Re: My Fear Of Delivery by Sissy3(f): 7:54am On Aug 06, 2011
Outstrip:

Don't worry my dear when the first pain comes you will carry the doctors head and put it between your legs for him

LAMOOOO grin grin grin grin abi o.

OP. you will be fine. your main focus should be on your well-being and that of your baby not on your vaginas.

doctors have seen it all both the good,bad and ugly and they are not going to be having a feast on how your vaginas look. at that point, their main issue is on safe delivery not on aesthetics of the vulva. if it bothers your to point of raising your bp, and if possible, request a female MD. but i guarantee you, at that point in time, a male MD seeing your vulva will be the very LEAST of your problems.

wishing you a very safe delivery
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by femmy2010(m): 10:29am On Aug 06, 2011
taryour:

Am nine monts pregnant and due for delivery any moment from now,its my first baby and my major fear is not being able to open my legs for d doctor to take delivery of my baby, my doctor is male and I can't stand anoda man aside my hubby seeing my private part. Pls help wit an urgent response as I av nursed dis fear from day one of my pregnancy. Tnx

Then get a female Doctor.
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by Anonn1(f): 7:22am On Aug 09, 2011
Ok just a few points here so has a male or female Doctor been providing prenatal care throughout your pregnancy and was it a male or female Doctor that gave you a complete FEMALE exam I'm sure many times during the last 9 Months so why is it an issue now and the posters are quite right once you do go into Labor and especially when you go into HARD Labor you will be happy to have any Doctor big tall short or small catch that baby I wish you the best good luck and congrats on your new baby but you just being petty.
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by Johndoe100(m): 9:41am On Aug 09, 2011
Glamglam:

You might want to make 'down there' presentable

No one has understood the OP, she is one of the few women with compassion. She is worried about the effect her private part /vaginas will have on the doctor. Do you guys not know how ugly a p. Ussy is? What if the poor doctor sees her c. Unt and gets PTSD -post traumatic stress disorder?
She knows that her husband loves her / has no choice so is used to the sight of the ugly thing, but why inflict it on a poor hapless doctor. A female doctor who has an equally ugly vulva / vaginas is much the most humane option.

1 Like

Re: My Fear Of Delivery by blank(f): 10:01am On Aug 09, 2011
@ John DOe, u are so disgusting. So u can talk about ur mum like this cos i believe she is also a woman.

Johndoe100:

No one has understood the OP, she is one of the few women with compassion. She is worried about the effect her private part /vaginas will have on the doctor. Do you guys not know how ugly a p. Ussy is? What if the poor doctor sees her c. Unt and gets PTSD -post traumatic stress disorder?
She knows that her husband loves her / has no choice so is used to the sight of the ugly thing, but why inflict it on a poor hapless doctor. A female doctor who has an equally ugly vulva / vaginas is much the most humane option.

5 Likes

Re: My Fear Of Delivery by obowunmi(m): 10:36am On Aug 09, 2011
@ OP: come back and post after uve given birth.
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by oluite(f): 11:59am On Aug 09, 2011
Outstrip:

ROTFLMAO!
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by Johndoe100(m): 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2011
blank:

@ John DOe, u are so disgusting. So u can talk about your mum like this cos i believe she is also a woman.

Why the attitude? Everything I said is true. Your vulva/vaginas are ugly, I didn't make them.
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by ronkebp(f): 4:16pm On Aug 09, 2011
My dear, people viewing your pussy is your least worry, trust us that have given birth,, you will see papa and will call him 'mama', not trying to scare u ooooo, you should be more concerned about your baby and your health, not a man taking a peak at your vagina,
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by tpia1: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2012
nice cake in your profile picture anyway.
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by tpia1: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
my major fear is not being able to open my legs for d doctor to take delivery of my baby, my doctor is male and I can't stand anoda man aside my hubby seeing my private part

ok.

no probs, for those who are queasy about such things.

just get a female doctor.

but opening legs is the easiest part of labour though.
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by tasandra: 6:57pm On Nov 15, 2012
@ Op,ok ooo.no worry wen u go start to dey dance Awilo,and ur eyes red,like who smoke ganja grin dat time,u go even want make de whole wld come help u out..nobi only doctor and ur oga again grin all the best thou.
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by tasandra: 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2012
@ johndoe1oo,nawa 4 u oo,speechless lipsrsealed
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by jenny78: 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2012
Widwives are suppose to help in delivering babies,doctors will only be called if their are complications.If everything is fine,I don't see why a doctor would get involved.

Anyway,I am speaking from experience in uk. I am not sure if it works the same way in Nigeria.

Goodluck with your delivery.

1 Like

Re: My Fear Of Delivery by feminineA: 7:53pm On Nov 16, 2012
My dear that should be the least of your worry. Rather your worry should be how will be the best mom to my precious baby?
Was in your should before but my dear when I got there the male doctor seeing my naked body was the least on my mind. The pain is enough to worry about
But not too worry all will be well.
Come and gist us your experience after.safe delivery
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by EfemenaXY: 12:09am On Nov 18, 2012
It's funny how people are still responding to a thread that was created 1 year 3 months ago!

@poster don born the pikin tey-tey na cheesy
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by greatgod2012(f): 2:20am On Nov 18, 2012
Efemena_xy: It's funny how people are still responding to a thread that was created 1 year 3 months ago!

@poster don born the pikin tey-tey na cheesy

abi o, my sister, each time i jam this thread, i just laugh,if taryour herself check this her thread again, im sure she will burst into laugh. D baby would have become really big now.

Btw, I expect taryour to be warming up 4 another delivery now
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by EfemenaXY: 2:22am On Nov 18, 2012
^^ You don't say! cheesy cheesy

No wonder she's been scarce of late. T'is good news sha smiley smiley
Re: My Fear Of Delivery by tpia1: 1:29am On Nov 19, 2012
true, its an old topic but interesting sha.

i think the op opened another thread to say she delivered.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Two Months Old Baby Runs Temperature After Immunazation Injection / Is It Wrong To Make Love With Your Partner In Same Bed With Her Sister / Photos Of Babies Crying For The Most Ridiculous Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.