Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,911 members, 7,806,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions (40161 Views)

Bashir Ahmad Reacts To List Of Terrorists Funders / Picture Of Buhari With 1961 Classmates Shared By Bashir Ahmad. See Reactions / Femi Osofisan And Chinua Achebe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by iSense247: 12:08am On Aug 17, 2022
How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions Trail Buhari Aide’s Illegal Salaries

Bashir’ trended for over 24 hours on Twitter following Peoples Gazette’s exclusive report that stirred collective outrage among citizens.

News of illegal salaries earned by Bashir Ahmad, President Muhammadu Buhari’s social media aide has elicited angry reactions from Nigerians who wonder why the lower rate government appointee earns more salary than university professors.

‘Bashir’ trended for over 24 hours on Twitter following Peoples Gazette’s exclusive report that stirred collective outrage among citizens who aired their grievances on social media.

At issue was the illegality of the salaries earned and the humongous N1,043,176.88 gross monthly remuneration, many citizens considered too high for an employee whose job was only to tweet and presumably manage the president’s social media accounts.

Although, Mr Ahmad’s take-home was N876,738.37 after statutory deductions, it did not include a miscellany of other allowances and federal estacodes attached to presidential aides.

Angry that university professors and medical personnel who go through years of rigorous training phases to acquire their certificates and licences do not earn half of Mr Ahmad’s salary, Nigerians berated the regime for lavishly spending the nation’s insufficient funds on undeserving employees.

@biyatife tweeted; “ASUU strike is justified.

Our professors are seriously UNDERPAID

How can Bashir Ahmad be earning more than Prof. Femi Osofisan? Jesus Christ!”

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) have embarked on strike since February 14 over unpaid emoluments and renegotiation of the ASUU/FGN 2009 agreement among other demands. Negotiations to call off the strike for the past six months have reached stalemate, leaving educational activities in limbo.

Another online user, @Dottore_Zam, tweeted he had yet to earn up to N100,000 in his 13 years of being a teacher.

“I am a government employed teacher, I started work since 2009, this is my 13th year in service and my take home is not up to ₦100k. The description on my payslip is 2 pages long but @BashirAhmaad an appointee takes home about ₦800k without a description of why he is earning it,” Mr Zam said in reaction to the report.

“A senior lecturer earns 220k monthly (after 10 years in service), Bashir Ahmad earns 860k monthly net. This is where the problem is actually,” @Hitee_ posted on Twitter.

Another popular user @Ambrosia_Ijebu said “Bashir was collecting Ghost Worker salary but Buhari doesn’t want ASUU staff to collect double salary. I think you see now.”

For @Maybeks, the situation mirrors a dire situation for Nigeria. “An SA just on social media earners (sic) more than a lecturer. Redemption is far from Nigeria,” he tweeted.

@CyphersTemitope said “This guy earns more than a University professor, a state civil servant who has spent over 30 years in service, A secondary school teacher, and loads of professionals out there. Amusingly, there are other unnamed allowances.”

“It was here the very revered Prof. Chinelo Ezeilo said her salary is 400k. Meanwhile, Bashir, a social media vuvuzela, with little or no contribution to statecraft is earning 800k+. Tell me why ours won’t be an unproductive society?” @007burch tweeted.

Other reactions are captured below:

@Emf194: An aid just handling Twitter account is earning over 800k monthly, and you wonder why ASUU made up of professors and doctors are on strike. This country is messed up.”

@nomishants: “A common social media aid collects three times the salary of a professor in Nigeria. What a country���“

@Igbomouth: “More reasons why ASUU is on strike. A professor earns an average of 500k monthly despite all efforts to get to that level. Buhari has Eight media aides with 1m salary each monthly.”

Anti-corruption campaigners have since called on law enforcement agencies such as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC) to investigate Mr Ahmad over the matter.

https://gazettengr.com/how-can-bashir-ahmad-earn-more-than-prof-femi-osofisan-fierce-reactions-trail-buhari-aides-illegal-salaries/?utm_source=operamini&utm_medium=feednews&utm_campaign=operamini_feednews

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by Toneypen247(m): 12:14am On Aug 17, 2022
I'm just tired o. What a life cry

If Atiku wins... he will reward Dino Melaye, Reno Omokri and his Party members.
That is what they call structure.

If Tinubu wins... he will reward Joe Igbokwe, MC Oluumo, Oshomole, Lai Mohammed, and his party members.
That is what they call structure.

If Mr Peter Obi wins... he will reward Nigeria Youths from every region and religion.
Because We Made It Happen.
Know this and know peace ✌

I Stand With Peter Obi
#ObiIsBetter #PeterObi2023
God Bless All The Obedient Nigerians And Bless All Of Us��♥❤✨

Kindly check my signature below for your Assignments, Article writing, Journal, Proposal, statements of purpose and dissertation with a Turnitin-friendly report of top-notch quality

281 Likes 18 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by Xiaohei(m): 12:41am On Aug 17, 2022
It is what it is. Unfortunately nothing’s going to change until Nigerians start holding their leaders accountable for recklessly mismanaging their collective wealth. Nigerian leaders are evil!

266 Likes 13 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by iSense247: 12:45am On Aug 17, 2022
Xiaohei:
It is what it is. Unfortunately nothing’s going to change until Nigerians start holding their leaders accountable for recklessly mismanaging their collective wealth. Nigerian leaders are evil!
Who are the Nigerians?

32 Likes

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by Bridget95(f): 12:50am On Aug 17, 2022
This is what you get when education is relegated to the background

207 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by ajekpaks(m): 12:57am On Aug 17, 2022
Don't worry, Urchins have a perfect explanation for this...

207 Likes 16 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by RobsonsTARz: 1:29am On Aug 17, 2022
A man with no certificate can never have value for anything that have to do with education

You all voted out a phd holder for an illetrate, and you want miracles to happen?

342 Likes 20 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by kokoA(m): 1:40am On Aug 17, 2022
If you ask his principal now he would say "I am not awiyaaa"..

170 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by gaby(m): 1:45am On Aug 17, 2022
If to say the guy even sabi write sef person for still say toooh.

With those him primary school English...

Smh for my country

40 Likes

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by MaestroID(m): 2:36am On Aug 17, 2022
When they don't value for EDUCATION or the pains of the citizens...

VOTE WISELY...
VOTE FOR CREDIBILITY...
VOTE FOR YOUR FUTURE...
VOTE PETER OBI 2023...

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by Coolsperm: 3:49am On Aug 17, 2022
That is why we are saying that you should not vote APC again

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 5:01am On Aug 17, 2022
Well...

Separation is key...

make we all rest..

8 Likes

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by Jamiubond009(m): 5:07am On Aug 17, 2022
grin
Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by Moneywirer: 5:07am On Aug 17, 2022
If he earns that much, then imagine how much Femi earns or even the SGF

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by GorillaApp(m): 5:14am On Aug 17, 2022
Just imagine!

The political class and the north most especially have destroyed this nation. A nation that does not value meritocracy

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by rusher14: 5:40am On Aug 17, 2022
The role is temporary, has its own attendant risk and it is governmental.

Everywhere in the world, such roles pay more because they are short termed.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by Gadafii: 5:45am On Aug 17, 2022
Buhari govt borrow money to be looted or squandered

Very pathetic

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by kingi777: 5:50am On Aug 17, 2022
Government spend billions on school feeding as a way of siphoning money but claim they don't have money to pay lecturers.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by smartty68(m): 5:51am On Aug 17, 2022
RobsonsTARz:
A man with no certificate can never have value for anything that have to do with education

You all voted out a phd holder for an illetrate, and you want miracles to happen?
I beg to differ from this. Ayade & his deputy are PhD holders yet they run all sectors aground. Is just lack of political will.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by crossfm: 5:52am On Aug 17, 2022
Hehehe.

Useless government. Some of the zoombies who are blaming ASUU for the strike can now see the reason why they are on strike.

You can't honour ASUU agreement,but you are busy paying million's to useless political appointees.

The people I pity most in Nigeria are the one's they pay 30k to defend this government. At list Bashir Ahmad has a good reason to praise the clueless government.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by BlackPantherxXx: 6:42am On Aug 17, 2022
RobsonsTARz:

Use your brains.

Buhari is shamelessly nepotistic but that doesn't exonerate GEJ from similar appointments.

ALL the leaders are wasteful.

236 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by Munamoqel: 7:10am On Aug 17, 2022
iSense247:
How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions Trail Buhari Aide’s Illegal Salaries

https://gazettengr.com/how-can-bashir-ahmad-earn-more-than-prof-femi-osofisan-fierce-reactions-trail-buhari-aides-illegal-salaries/?utm_source=operamini&utm_medium=feednews&utm_campaign=operamini_feednews
nonsense Notting stop the professor from moving to UN agency to earn 100 k USD or multinational organization .many are here .the Prof are not tie or conscripted to the public uni they can become senator ,S A and VC also earn 1m monthly .

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by stuffs4me(m): 7:17am On Aug 17, 2022
His job description is a sensitive one.

A professor who is just a classroom teacher is still behind policy makers.

We have professors holding sensitive positions and they earn far more than professors who are in the classroom.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by Amumaigwe: 7:17am On Aug 17, 2022
rusher14:
The role is temporary, has its own attendant risk and it is governmental.

Everywhere in the world, such roles pay more because they ate short termed.

He has been there for almost 8 years and recently aspired to membership of the House of Representatives, yet you call it short termed?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by freddie009(m): 7:18am On Aug 17, 2022
RobsonsTARz:
A man with no certificate can never have value for anything that has to do with education

You all voted out a Ph.D. holder for an illiterate, and you want miracles to happen?

What do you expect, look at what he became without an educational certificate.

9 Likes

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by rusher14: 7:21am On Aug 17, 2022
Amumaigwe:

He has been there for almost 8 years and recently aspired to membership of the House of Representatives, yet you call it short termed?

The post is short-termed.

You know the meaning of short-termed.

If you have any relation abroad, ask how much contractors make for the same role a full-term, fixed contract employee does.

7 Likes

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by Munamoqel: 7:27am On Aug 17, 2022
Kim
iSense247:

Prof osofisan was a former general Manager /CEO of the National Theater Lagos and earn the political salary for 4 years . The GM earn around 14m. Naira per annum .and he performed badly leaving the Theatre in ruins

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by geez18(m): 7:33am On Aug 17, 2022
What nonsense are you saying?
rusher14:

The post is short-termed.

You know the meaning of short-termed.

If you have any relation abroad, ask how much contractors make for the same role a full-term, fixed contract employee does.

What nonsense are you saying?

6 Likes

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by Racoon(m): 7:54am On Aug 17, 2022
So much lawlessness and corruption under this hypocritical regime.

5 Likes

Re: ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions by dallasi: 8:13am On Aug 17, 2022
kokoA:
If you ask his principal now he would say "I am no awiyaaa"..

i don warn u oo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am Ready To Return To The Classroom - Goodluck Jonathan / ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist / Obidients Drags ALEX OTTI For Not Purchasing "Made in Nigeria Vehicles"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.