Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,081 members, 7,807,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Did Atiku Really Win The PDP Presidential Primary? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Atiku Really Win The PDP Presidential Primary? (297 Views)

Did Atiku Break Civil Service Commission Rules? (Video) / Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? / Does Atiku Really Own Mikano Or Propaganda? See Answer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Atiku Really Win The PDP Presidential Primary? by sultaan(m): 12:38am On Aug 17, 2022
I did not get the full picture of the event leading to the winner of the primary being announced but one thing I do hear that lead to the winner Atiku was Tambuwal stepping down.

From the little I know, if we conduct an election, voting has ended and the result is being announced voting is over.

If Wike was leading in the count and Tambuwal stepped down after voting is over, the votes he garnered should be voided because he only has one vote, and the others were given to him by delegates. Tambuwal voided all the votes of the delegates because a vote casted is irredeemable.

You cannot drop out of a race at the end and give your distance covered to the runner up to make him the winner.

This should be a case for the courts to test our laws.
If Tambuwal had dropped out of the primary like Obi, there is no guarantee all of those who voted for Tambuwal would have voted for Atiku.

Election winner should be someone who stood to be voted for. If you step down the runner up should be declared winner with no need for rerun. You should never rerun a primary for someone who never participate in the election. There should be cases in court to fix all these anomalies.

Educated Nigerians should feel free to correct my errors

1 Like

Re: Did Atiku Really Win The PDP Presidential Primary? by PoliteActivist: 12:46am On Aug 17, 2022
And you think you know the law better that Wike's ARMY of lawyers? Nairaland Lawyer! grin
Re: Did Atiku Really Win The PDP Presidential Primary? by onomeabuja: 1:02am On Aug 17, 2022
What sort of foolish questions is this....
Walahi at Op u no get work undecided
Re: Did Atiku Really Win The PDP Presidential Primary? by sultaan(m): 1:19am On Aug 17, 2022
onomeabuja:
What sort of foolish questions is this....
Walahi at Op u no get work undecided

Educated response please

(1) (Reply)

Apc Reconciliation: Amosun Disrespected Awujale, Others -- Ogun Apc / An Aide To A Nigerian Governor, That Wants To Become A Professional Footballer / Maiduguri Muslim youths burning broom July 12 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.