Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. (17681 Views)

Is This The GOAT Of All Pressing Iron In Nigerian Homes? / Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. Part 2. / Difference Between Nigerian Women & Western Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by NGVolume: 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Nigerian homes share a large number of similarities. To avoid confusion, when I say Nigerian home, I am referring to more than 90 percent of the population, not the few one percent. Let’s dive right into it and highlight some notable similarities between Nigerian homes!

1. At least one member is on social media: That’s true, you can hardly find a Nigerian home without any member on social media. In fact, that’s a good bet to take because you will most certainly win it any time of the day. Regardless of the phones possed, members of Nigerian homes have at least one social media account. It’s no surprise that even members with phones that are commonly referred to as touch light phones have social media accounts.

2. Most commute via public transportation: At least one member of a Nigerian home uses public transportation as their primary mode of transportation. In many cases, the number is higher than one member.

3. At least one graduate of higher education: Nigerian homes have at least one member who is a graduate of higher education institution, it may be a university, polythetic or others but what remains constant is that at least there’s one graduate of higher education in Nigerian homes.

4. Dreams of life abroad: At least one member of every Nigerian home dreams of either visiting or relocating abroad permanently. The number is even on the higher side when it comes to those who are yet to go for a master’s degree. They see a master’s degree from abroad as a golden opportunity.

Is there something that we have left out? Use the comment section to share it.

Source: https://ngvolume./2022/08/09/notable-similarities-between-nigerian-homes/

11 Likes

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
These are normal everyday activities, dreams and aspirations of the average Nigerian that can not be avoided na

Was thinking you would mention spiritual patterns like
Not getting married on time.

Delayed child bearing

Birthing so many children.

Cooking a particular kinda meal on certain days. Like beans for Saturdays, rice for sunday's and eba during the days of the week. Lol.. grin grin..

Op no mind me o. Just catching cruise with your thread.

Nice post by the way. They really align with most Nigerian homes..

Yay!!!! FTC.
Seun, ngwa, my award. I merit it o. No wayo, Biko.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by athaboi(f): 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
[i]5. At least half will be jobless

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Manny21: 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
Are you talking of the homes in the metropolis or generally? More than 70% of rural homes in Nigeria do not have access to network or basic amenities and thus are unable to access social media or tertiary education.

11 Likes

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Lemmy123(m): 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
You forgot to add that at least one member will be very needy and feels very entitled, Calls the older ones at the slightest financial problems...
If them give am, e go still go play Goal Goal and Over 2.5

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Mophor: 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by DJSNAKE: 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
And one must be waywrd... a Marian grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by RapistOnBail: 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2022

Atleast one member of the family is either Gay or lesbian.

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by AkuOlisa: 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
You will be surprised to know that number No 3 is not as common as you think
Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
3. At least one graduate of higher education: Nigerian homes have at least one member who is a graduate of higher education institution, it may be a university, polythetic or others but what remains constant is that at least there’s one graduate of higher education in Nigerian homes.
This is quite impressive.

Ferrous:
I have seen a family of eleven and none is a graduate
Dat one sef dey.

RapistOnBail:

Atleast one member of the family is either Gay or lesbian.
No wonder, now Nairalanders understand better.
By their moniker...... we shall know them. tongue

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Administration1: 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
g
Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by MkBaron(m): 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2022
3&4 can never be 90% as you quoted!
Let say 55%

1 Like

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by potent5(m): 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
More than half is made up of supporters of bad government. grin
Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Ransomtheking(m): 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
One must be a cultist grin
coolAnd one that doesn't like school wink
Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ping
Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Creeknigga(m): 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2022
3 and 4 would not have been possible in my family but I'm working on changing that.
But ASUU is trying to push me into depression.
My story;
Had a decent job, had a good relationship going on.
Then decided to go to school as the last child in a family of 7 with non being a graduate.
Left my work, my girlfriend left me cos she can't wait for me finish school and then we get married.
Now the job I left, the person that replaced me has finished building his own house, about to get married while I'm still in final year for a five year course that ASUU wants to turn to seven years.
Can't even think straight.
I'm falling deeper into depression everyday.
You know when I hear something like; this person committed suicide I'll be like;
There is more to life than committing suicide.
But for the past 3 months I've been trying to motivate my self not to tow that line.
The only thing keeping me from going that way is cos of suicide being a mortal sin and also how my mom will feel losing me.

Note: I have something am doing. Its just not enough compared to what I already planned and the timeline I gave my self when I gained admission.

2 Likes

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Trueprophet91: 1:18pm On Aug 18, 2022
You should add this;

At least one person is the black sheep of the house

1 Like

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by KingAzubuike(f): 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
In every Nigerian home, there's always the talk of relocating to UK, USA or Canada by one of the children or even the parents lol. Nigerians can never be realistic.

1 Like

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Kingcalls: 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2022
No one has a social media account in my family..

.we don't enter public transport in Nigeria unless u refer uber as one ...

we are all graduates in my family

We don't dream of living abroad...we good here

1 Like

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Anbaq: 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2022
Okay

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by abobote: 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2022
At least one will still defend APC and their bad governance
Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Trueprophet91: 1:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
These are normal everyday activities, dreams and aspirations of the average Nigerian that can not be avoided na

Was thinking you would mention spiritual patterns like
Not getting married on time.

Delayed child bearing

Birthing so many children.

Cooking a particular kinda meal on certain days. Like beans for Saturdays, rice for sunday's and eba during the days of the week. Lol.. grin grin..

Op no mind me o. Just catching cruise with your thread.

Nice post by the way. They really align with most Nigerian homes..

Yay!!!! FTC.
Seun, ngwa, my award. I merit it o. No wayo, Biko.

As far as I'm concerned, SUNDAY RICE is sacrosanct from generation to generation cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Haydens: 1:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
Number 3 is a lie. I know 3 families that have not produced even "a" graduate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Elidrisy20: 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2022
One must be thief and the other must be police
Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 18, 2022
Trueprophet91:

As far as I'm concerned, SUNDAY RICE is sacrosanct from generation to generation cheesy

Lol.. very very much!

2 Likes

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by Coly2012(m): 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
Trueprophet91:

If I no chop Sunday rice I go fall sick before Tuesday. So VERY should come be the SACROSANCT my brother.

1 Like

Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by VTJN(m): 1:32pm On Aug 18, 2022
Haydens:
Number 3 is a lie. I know 3 families that have not produced even "a" graduate.
Yes,you're right

Not all family has at least a graduate. Some don't have any
Re: Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. by ajekpaks(m): 1:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
lie

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons About Women. / Your Cousin's Son Or Daughter Is Called What? / A Toddler Smoking On Easter Sunday (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.