Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere (38730 Views)

Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) / What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? / Nigerian Man Earning N850K A Month Relocates To Canada With His Family And Gets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by TOSMAK007(m): 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2022
Yourself what do you have to support the ministry…. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by fexyrich(m): 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2022
Jennyclay:
No, I can't marry someone who earns 100k per month. Why must you enter a marriage to suffer? Can 100k afford you a good house, buy your hair and makeups? Have you even thought of raising children who should be fed, clothed and sent to good schools? Can 100k work these things out? No!

Reject that poor man and his meagre 100k; a better man will locate you. All you have to do is believe and wait for the right man to come.
u are just a jobless fellow who has absolutely nothing to offer...So are u not supposed to be working as well to support him?? Or u want a man that will carry all ur financial problems without u contributing anything to the home...I reject a lady like u in my life ijn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by greypencils: 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2022
Kaido:

My good advice is for you to remain single for few more years, till you meet a man that earns N700k a month.
Best advice ever....

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by emmanuelbrown26: 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2022
We4all:

I am very positive you don’t even understand the meaning of menopause. Olodo, menopause is not a disease and your mother is also experiencing it. That is, if a woman birthed you.

There are women who are tired of losing blood monthly and are willing to embrace menopause. It is only a daft kid like you who still thinks attaining menopause is a curse.

Get a life and stop being making a nuisance of yourself on a public forum. You sound very frustrated and people like you are no different from the bandits and boko haramists we hear of everyday.
Were u not d bastard that his late dad laid curse on his children from Benue State?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Alsenora: 5:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
Lols....It's very bad for any supposed helpmate to come to the marital..support the man's 100k. This is one of the reasons most Nigerian men married to such entitled mentalities are pressured, stressed out and lifespan shortened. Guys should avoid such 'helpmates' ...
Anuoluwa12345:
Believe me, your head is far from correct! How much do you make? Omo iya alata.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by drdeath: 5:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

I send that condolences back to you the sender in Jesus name.

Amen.
This your defence Na dangbanamercy800 prayer!
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by TheVictorious(m): 5:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
GO AND FIND WORK
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by emmaodet: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2022
greypencils:
She should follow the advice of her compatriot up there. She should reject the man who still wants her at 41. The next one would come by age 50 earning less. Person wey no want get sense.

grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by favinvest: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2022
The day I knew that some families are doing well with btw 50-100k per mth was when I went to Lagos outskirts.. close to ogun state for our office security staff's child naming, who is a contract staff oo..

This guy has a small house of his own in a half plot.. with the wife having a store in front.. and his 2 kids looking good..

Yet some of us that are permanent senior staff.. have no land or house.. expect a car and staying in one rented expensive flat in Agungi Lekki, scared of getting married.. lol

So it depends on the man and woman's vision and financial management skills.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by okunola123(m): 5:17pm On Aug 24, 2022
If is not advisable to you,leave him for another productive lady to marry him na.

Someone is earning 100k and u can't grab him with love and what you can also put on table.

Some both family didn't earn up to #100k in a month and they have children in school.

Think of what you can do to support the home.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Jusphilip: 5:17pm On Aug 24, 2022
Jennyclay:
It's not advisable my dear! 100k is way too small. Haba!!

God forbid!! I reject it IJN!!
N.a., your type them dey use do money ritual ..

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Aguiyimba(m): 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2022
Jennyclay:

Hmmmmmmm, audio big lady.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Hunkyimage(m): 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Hmm.. he's 40 and I'm already 41.
When are we now going to start having children if we still delay?

No wonder the question, there is pressure due to age too.

Apart from his monthly salary of 100k, how much do you earn? (if you also have a paying job)

At this point in time, na teamwork tingz, not parasitic dependence on only his salary for your upkeep and your future children, my advice is to go and learn some skills if possible(if you haven't), either vocational or online(work from home).
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by yusluvad(m): 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
A lot of good advices are up there, make good use of them... cool cool cool
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by PossibleUN: 5:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
I got married last four years with my life savings of 500k. No help from anyone, only God. My business capital then is around 70-100k but now I'm a multi- millionaire by the grace of God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by advanceDNA: 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2022
richie240:
Haven't u heard them chorus: "my money is my money, but my husband's money Is our money"?

Even if she's earning 2million and the guy is earning 100k, she'll still be expecting d.guy.to foot d majority of the billz? grin grin.
Women? Den nor dey joke with dia money o. grin

Thats part of d reasons d op and other girls opening similar threads like this very one aren't talking about what they are bringing to the table. Its all about "bring", "bring", "bring"

I do not understand how you want to go into a marriage or relatiinship which means being part of team... but all you want to do is have sex and eat while you are provided for.....

the crop of women out there dont need marriage....men should just get them pregnant and send child support...everybody should dey his is or her lane, work and spend their own money....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Shaev7(m): 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
Jennyclay:

Make I know insult you because you can't make 5000 in day. Your type should stay out of Marriage instead of giving people wrong advice. There are lots of billionairs out there, go and marry them. What kind of home do you want to make? I don't even have a good sentence pattern to express my thoughts about this, all I can say is that, 'you are one of them.'
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by philkay(m): 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
He's earning a 100k and wants to settle down. Can you as a lady earning a little above him agree to marry him?

Is it advisable to enter into marriage with such income considering the situation of the economy?

My sister the true be told, most guys between 25 - 40 years even above earns less than that. If you love you man, and he's hard working and he works smartly, pray to God, his income will improve. Thank your God you are also working, you will suppliment his income. Above all, for now don't have more than one child until income increases.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Shaev7(m): 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2022
Jennyclay:

Once more, don't be blasphemous by calling Jesus name here. You end up becoming your own problem. When you no see husband you go dy go one church to the other forget say you don reject with your mouth.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by johnson8213: 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

These are exactly my fears cos once somebody enters the next thing is to start having children. With such income coupled with other expenses, I dey fear o.

The problem here is YOU. It appears you don't want to support the man. Go home, ask daddy and mom how they started.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Sukkyy2010: 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2022
EmahBoss:
If you also earn something similar to what he earns, yes, you can pull it through. Just limit childbearing to one or two and enjoy yourself. Look for a side hustle to meet up with the family expenses. Do a very low-key wedding. Don't try to keep up with the Joneses

Ignore jennyclay she is still a teenager and will always say the opposite just so she can get popular on nairaland. With the way she hops on every thread, she is jobless. She is a broke girl probably begging one guy to marry her so she can be free of frustration. Yeye dey smell
Eh yo, Emah with this your comment I have no doubt you're virtuous lady. However I have a proposal for you wink
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Popesuccess(m): 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2022
Jennyclay:
No, I can't marry someone who earns 100k per month. Why must you enter a marriage to suffer? Can 100k afford you a good house, buy your hair and makeups? Have you even thought of raising children who should be fed, clothed and sent to good schools? Can 100k work these things out? No!

Reject that poor man and his meagre 100k; a better man will locate you. All you have to do is believe and wait for the right man to come.
So how do you know the right man? By amount of money he earns. Don't you know situations can change at anytime, poor can become rich and vice versa. Don't just start disturbing Pastor and prophet when you become old and unmarried. Give you live to Jesus and guided by holy spirit to make the right choice.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by fexyrich(m): 5:33pm On Aug 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

God bless you.
Only you saw it from my perspective!

I know what I'm saying because as a single, I know the expenses I incure not to talk of when the number increases. I'm not saying we are going to remain at a level but the naira no longer has value. Under 2 weeks 100k is gone except you want to be forgoing so many things that make life comfortable and who doesn't want comfort?
my dear u sound like the stingy type who is not willing to support the man...Pls if u are just say no to him and remain single...Maybe when u are 45 another serious man will come again by then to even give birth might be hard for u...U are earning 150k and he is earning 100k what happens to u buying things in bulk at home...He can bring 50k from his salary monthly while u bring 50k from URS and buy all the food stuff u need for the month .it's just the two of u for Christ sake...Before 9months when u must have put to bed ur salaries might have increased or u can have alternative source of income...Once u settle down God can even open more doors for ur man...Am shocked that at 41 u are still reasoning this way...U should even be more eager to get married than the man cos even at 50 that guy can still get married and have kids..But it's not same for u...If u turn down this man how many men do u think will be interested in marrying a woman in her 40s with all the younger girls out there...Instead of u to be happy that u still have a suitor at 41 u are here lamenting...if he gives u 50k u add 50k and buy food stuff in bulk at home..While he uses the remaining as transport daily to work..Then grow from there

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by holubee21(m): 5:34pm On Aug 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
He's earning a 100k and wants to settle down. Can you as a lady earning a little above him agree to marry him?

Is it advisable to enter into marriage with such income considering the situation of the economy?
Man don suffer! In what way have you supported him or the marriage sef?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by harmony75: 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2022
Roma was not built in a day so why not!
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by 2luwa(m): 5:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
na why una go reach 35 go still dey find husband be this ooo, u go con dey sing carry me dey go
Jennyclay:

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Noblex2011(m): 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

These are exactly my fears cos once somebody enters the next thing is to start having children. With such income coupled with other expenses, I dey fear o.

Both of you are not normal
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Sanmy29(m): 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2022
Make Guy too follow ladies wey dey earn below 200k... Stress and Bills no go kill us oo
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by sunkieisland(m): 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2022
Well, I can see that our world has become materialistic.

about 9 years ago, when I married my wife, my salary was 30k.

She stuck with me. even then she wasn't working.

today, both of us are earning 6 figures monthly. I might not be comfortably rich yet, I'm happy with what I got and trying my best to give my family a better life everyday.

piece of advice to the ladies, if you have someone ready to commit to you, the beginning might be rough, but with consistency and hardwork, you will get there

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by johbara: 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2022
Let me shock you,
I married three years ago when I was earning 30k. Guess who my employer was ( Npower) I earn 35k right now as a sales rep with a publishing firm and I currently have two daughters. I live in a self-contained apartment with 120k yearly rent, average electricity bill of 1k per month, water bill ( drinking & other affairs) 3k per month, cable sub (gotv) 3k per month, fuel for gen 4k per month. Make I no add feeding of self, wife kids, and the rest + other sundry expenses. My wife is about to go for youth service meaning she has no job for the now, she's Just somebody who can maximize every penny. I virtually run the whole show around here. Although ocassional assistance comes directly or indirectly in astronomical order.

So bottom line her is this ....it all about the mind set. Do you see marriage as an escape route or as an an avenue to recreate or better put an opportunity to create a legacy worthy of emulation. If the latter is your pursuit, trust me the lines will fall in place.

Currently how I take day meet up ....I no know.
And for the last straw that broke the � 's back my first daughter will turn 3 in November, she's currently in pre nursery 2, her school fees is 52k and I have never owed sch fees. Infact ... Inshallah Allah by Monday I will pay her fees . So my dear the earning power doesn't really matter if you know what you want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by OdenKelechi(m): 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2022
It's advisable not to marry at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by goslowgoslow(m): 5:45pm On Aug 24, 2022
Jennyclay:

You how will you contribute? Very poor and selfish gender! I spit!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

My Son's Behavior Is Getting Out Of Hand / To Cool An Angry Husband Takes No Stress, Just - Bamisepeters' Blog / Meet Laye Ajube And Her 8 Sons And 2 Daughters (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.