Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,201 members, 7,807,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

State of the Highway and Road Travel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / State of the Highway and Road Travel (3715 Views)

Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo) / My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway / How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 5:32am On Aug 20, 2022
I plan to do a travel to Ibadan from Abuja.

Preparations and pictures will be posted.

Will be doing:

Abuja-lokoja-kabba-Omuo- Adoekiti - Osogbo - Ibadan.

I am using Osogbo because I intend to do a stop there and visit a relation.

I need present Road conditions on this trip please. I will be plying these routes for the first time.

We may include road conditions for other journeys that may benefit everyone.
Let's include:

Road condition
Security presence and tips
Average travel time.

This thread will benefit everyone. @Marpol kindly push this to the front page. Thank you.

Thanks for your responses.

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 6:43am On Aug 20, 2022
That is not a long journey Mr. Man.
Its the daily route of all transporters and most people coming to Abuja from Lagos and vice vera.
If you want to post a long journey, talk of Maiduguri to Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by robinso01(m): 7:07am On Aug 20, 2022
Sha plan ransom money aside. Wish you safe trip though.

4 Likes

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by kingreign(m): 7:32am On Aug 20, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
Its the daily route of all transporters and most people coming to Abuja from Lagos and vice vera.

It’s a long journey Mr., you don’t need to lecture him on that. It’s a journey of over 7hrs.

10 Likes

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by kingreign(m): 7:33am On Aug 20, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Will be doing:

I need present Road conditions on this trip please. I will be plying these routes for the first time.

I look forward to seeing your post.
Safe journey and pls, be very vigilant and drive to stay alive and safe. cool

3 Likes

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by aieromon(m): 10:00am On Aug 20, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Will be doing:

Consider linking Kabba via Obajana. Kabba to Omuo has bad portions while you are likely to encounter traffic in Lokoja if you do not get there before 12noon.

Safe trip.

2 Likes

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2022
aieromon:

Consider linking Kabba via Obajana. Kabba to Omuo has bad portions while you are likely to encounter traffic in Lokoja if you do not get there before 12noon.

Safe trip.

Thank you for your response.

It is appreciated. I will take note.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:

Ha.

A six to eight hours journey could be classified as long distance travel.

I guess.

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 10:33am On Aug 20, 2022
kingreign:

I look forward to seeing your post.
Safe journey and pls, be very vigilant and drive to stay alive and safe. cool

I will be posting pictures and updates.

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 10:35am On Aug 20, 2022
robinso01:
Sha plan ransom money aside. Wish you safe trip though.

God will take control.

Besides, people travel along these routes without issues.

I think media overblown the issues on the highway.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2022
Update:

I have changed upper arm, tye rod and Ball joint.

I will be changing breakpad and filling my shocks.

I will buy two new tyres for the front and two tokunbo tyres for the rear.

Ac, central lock and little issues will be addressed.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by aieromon(m): 10:50am On Aug 20, 2022
Originakalokalo:
Update:

Name of vehicle
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 10:54am On Aug 20, 2022
aieromon:

Name of vehicle

Honda Accord DC. I4.

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2022
What's the state of Abuja to lokoja?

Anyone?
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by thiefnubu(m): 11:10am On Aug 20, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Will be doing:

Road isn't safe..

Sell your car and use the proceeds to fly yourself and your family to your destination instead wink.. You can always do Ibadan-Osogbo by road.. That route is still relatively safe.

But of course, you aren't gonna wanna sell
your car for just flight tickets for your family.. So you are gonna commit the journey in God's hands, take the highway with your family, and hope that the dice you are throwing by traveling on that route doesn't turn up tears for you..

Godspeed Sir.

3 Likes

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Sammy101111(m): 11:38am On Aug 20, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Honda Accord DC. I4.

And please don't enter port hole with speed
That car no like stress or hard labour it can pull out the legs

Honda discussion continue

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2022
Sammy101111:

I used this car for a year without changing the Ball joint.

It didn't pull.

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2022
Tinubu:

Road isn't safe..

Sell your car and use the proceeds to fly yourself and your family to your destination instead wink.. You can always do Ibadan-Osogbo by road.. That route is still relatively safe.

But of course, you aren't gonna wanna sell
your car for just flight tickets for your family.. So you are gonna commit the journey in God's hands, take the highway with your family, and hope that the dice you are throwing by traveling on that route doesn't turn up tears for you..

Godspeed Sir.

Thank you.

It will end well.

5 Likes

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2022
Sammy101111:

Can a new Ball joint pull on entering pothole?

I tacked the ball joint to the hub as well.

I don't think so.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by PresEmeka: 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2022
Safe trip sir

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by kingreign(m): 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2022
Originakalokalo:
Update:

@bolded, wrong move, instead buy good quality or tokunbo shocks.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by mejai(m): 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2022
@ buygala, any advice?
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by thiefnubu(m): 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2022
kingreign:

Nothing wrong with refilled shocks ..

Rest
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by thiefnubu(m): 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2022
mejai:
@ buygala, any advice?

E don chop ban

He is now resting in the bosom of..... the mods who banned him I guess

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2022
kingreign:

Hmmm.

Thank you.

I did not know. Why do you think it's a wrong move?

How can I get good tokunbo shocks knowing fully well that a lot are rebranded as tokunbo and are not?

I appreciate your response really.

1 Like

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2022
PresEmeka:
Safe trip sir

Thank you.

I appreciate.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by Originakalokalo(m): 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2022
Tinubu:

Nothing wrong with refilled shocks ..

Rest

I have heard arguments and counter arguments on this.

What's your take?

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by thiefnubu(m): 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2022
Originakalokalo:

I have heard arguments and counter arguments on this.

What's your take?

I speak from experience

I drive a 2010 Honda Accord.. Bought direct toks.. All shocks that came with it still intact.. Refilled the front ones early last year.. And they are still perfect..

If refilled shocks aren't any good, why do those part sellers offer to buy the bad leaky ones? .. So that they can refill, wash and resell as toks yeah?
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by kingreign(m): 3:35pm On Aug 20, 2022
Tinubu:

I speak from experience

I drive a 2010 Honda Accord.. Bought direct toks.. All shocks that came with it still intact.. Refilled the front ones early last year.. And they are still perfect..

If refilled shocks aren't any good, why do those part sellers offer to buy the bad leaky ones? .. So that they can refill, wash and resell as toks yeah?

Pls, are part sellers authority when it comes to Research and Design ( R & D ) of automotive components? Do they know the exact appropriate volume and type of gas and oil used to engineer struts and shocks?

FYI, their business in the parts industry is to sell parts whether genuine or fake and make their money. It’s only in 3rd world countries with no respect for human life that any Emeka, Abdullahi and Wale will suddenly wake up one day and start refilling of shocks.
If in doubt, let’s look at substandard oils and other fake parts. If they know about the best quality practice they ought not to advice anyone to pour any random fluid or install any random parts in their car and collect money.

Abeg reason this thing well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by thiefnubu(m): 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2022
kingreign:

Pls, are part sellers authority when it comes to Research and Design ( R & D ) of automotive components? Do they know the exact appropriate volume and type of gas and oil used to engineer struts and shocks?

FYI, their business in the parts industry is to sell parts whether genuine or fake and make their money. It’s only in 3rd world countries with no respect for human life that any Emeka, Abdullahi and Wale will suddenly wake up one day and start refilling of shocks.
If in doubt, let’s look at substandard oils and other fake parts. If they know about the best quality practice they ought not to advice anyone to pour any random fluid or install any random parts in their car and collect money.

Abeg reason this thing well.

20w50 oil is hardly recommended by any car manufacturer, but people use it.. and their vehicles aren't dead yet

A large percentage of some Honda and Toyota parts in Nigeria aren't OEM.. but people use them..People have been improvising in vehicles since time immemorial..

Refilled shocks are safe as far as I can tell.. As long as they are refilled in pairs.. I have been in the practice of refilling my shocks for years.. And I am yet to encounter any driveability issues.
Re: State of the Highway and Road Travel by osundu(m): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2022
Very safe but ensure u get to Kabba junction early cos of those trailers. Avoid obajana road if u can.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cars Under 500 Dollars / Rx330 Problems / My Car Is Rough Idling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.