Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees (24154 Views)

East Economy To Boom As Seplat 95% Completes It $700 Million Gas Plant In Imo / North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze / Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Reinamaria(f): 12:00am On Aug 21, 2022
Sitwalkstand:
Yes, the economy of the East has taken a hit but the rest of Nigeria is not better either.

No thanks to Buhari and APC.

True.

The Nigerian economy is so bad, that even if they (SE) take a week off, they'd still come to meet the economy how it was or even worse.

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by onumadu: 12:01am On Aug 21, 2022
DOTian:
The sit at home is necessary!
Folks should stop crying more than the bereaved!

The protests, sit at homes, frustrations and anger that are all associated with the whole political realities in the East are essentials. They're NEEDED ingredients for political emancipation. If you're dormant, you get nothing. Power concedes nothing without force. Sit at home is a very effective peaceful political tool to register the Igbo mans frustrations with the shame called Nigeria. These are essentials and are stages that must be passed for that political freedom to be achieved. It may hurt. It may ultimately be costly in terms of economic losses but in the long run, these protests will help reintroduce the Igbo man in a more politically emphatic terms to other Nigerians. It can only get better from there..

For starters, if not for IPOB-ESNs extremely radical political sensitization in the East, and the fact that Buhari overplayed his hands of hatred towards easterners, folks like Peter Obi will not be attracting much attention today. That's a fact! He didn't attract half of the attention he attracts today when he ran for the vee pee last time. Igbos would have continued with their political apathy. But look at the numbers turning out for their PVCs in the East today. Folks know that this might be the last chance to change things peacefully! Buhari has taught us a bitter lesson and the time for political complacency had gone for good! The sit at homes worked! Igbos have finally decided to seriously engage Nigeria, in other to solve the problems of the marginalization Eastern Nigeria once and for all..

All good points but ...
(1) Do YOU have a business in the South East? Answer this first...
(2) What if "President Peter Obi" still refuses to release Kanu (a very possible scenario), Then what? Sit at home forever?
Nna, at a point we have to start asking HARD questions about these things.
These terrorist killers are not serving our interests, hoohaa!
If anything, they have become the digging tools with which our enemies are burying our regional economy.
If not that Igbo people are stubborn, hardworking and courageous people, everybody would have fled the region by now.
These killers must be stopped!
And I have a feeling that Kanu would only be released by a "President Peter Obi" AFTER the sit at homes end, NOT BEFORE.
Some of us are gifted with prophesy, and I can see this one with eyes closed!

3 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Parachoko: 12:10am On Aug 21, 2022
Nchenches:

In Imo state, the Monday sit at home is enforced mainly in Orlu by governor Hope Uzodinma’s militants. Sometimes, they force banks in Orlu to close shops for more than a week after the Monday sit at home.
There is hardly any sit at home or bank closures in Owerri and Okigwe of Imo state.
Hope Uzodinma is venging old grievances on Orlu where he has refused to do any development in 2 years plus, but invited soldiers to take over the city.
Do you have an evidence to back up this your claim?

3 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:13am On Aug 21, 2022
Guyman01:
IPOB has long cancelled the sit at home but another faction led by Finland based Simon Ekpa gave a conflicting directive and are using Unknown Gunmen to forcefully implement it.
People comply out of fear of attack from the violent Simon Ekpa group
they are all same terrorists groups with nnamdi Kanu pple stop defending rubbish except u are an iPob sympathizer

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by OdefaGirl(f): 12:14am On Aug 21, 2022
Parachoko:
•Work days reduced to four, sometimes three days

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/one-year-on-weekly-sit-at-home-brings-south-east-economy-to-its-knees/

Which SE economy is on its knee? Wish I could upload a live video here but those who know knows. I go to work every Monday, the day I skipped work to relax at home, I was almost queried..... Those who do their private businesses uses that day for relaxation. I may not deny it's seriousness when it started....

Don't try this bullshit again writer!!

Peter Obi will bring in light and love.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 21, 2022
Of course it will!
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Originalsly: 12:45am On Aug 21, 2022
blinking001:

You don't seek to peacefully break away from a sovereign nation like Nigeria without preparing for war. If their emotions didn't get the better side of them I'm sure they would have come up with better strategies.

Better strategies to break away?... did they have a strategy? ... please... enlighten me because the only strategies I been seeing are ones to exploit ... oppress and terrorize their own people. I do agree with with your views on the situation. I can't believe a group of local bullies can terrorize a State ... and the Governor is such a coward that he is afraid to even condemn the group and try to crush them. If Biafra is ever achieved ... it will be one big concentration camp.

4 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by grandstar(m): 1:02am On Aug 21, 2022
Kennitrust:
Peter Obi presidency will unified this country and bring all these nonsense to an end

Do not put your trust in man. It was much fabfsre the masses welcomed Jonathan and Buhari and both were disappointments.(Read Psalms 146:3-4)
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by uvie66: 1:14am On Aug 21, 2022
DOTian:

The protests, sit at homes, frustrations and anger that are all associated with the whole political realities in the East are essentials. They're NEEDED ingredients for political emancipation. If you're dormant, you get nothing. Power concedes nothing without force. Sit at home is a very effective peaceful political tool to register the Igbo mans frustrations with the shame called Nigeria. These are essentials and are stages that must be passed for that political freedom to be achieved. It may hurt. It may ultimately be costly in terms of economic losses but in the long run, these protests will help reintroduce the Igbo man in a more politically emphatic terms to other Nigerians. It can only get better from there..

For starters, if not for IPOB-ESNs extremely radical political sensitization in the East, and the fact that Buhari overplayed his hands of hatred towards easterners, folks like Peter Obi will not be attracting much attention today. That's a fact! He didn't attract half of the attention he attracts today when he ran for the vee pee last time. Igbos would have continued with their political apathy. But look at the numbers turning out for their PVCs in the East today. Folks know that this might be the last chance to change things peacefully! Buhari has taught us a bitter lesson and the time for political complacency had gone for good! The sit at homes worked! Igbos have finally decided to seriously engage Nigeria, in other to solve the problems of the marginalization Eastern Nigeria once and for all..
.... Must we have an ibo presidency before economic transformation will occur in the south east ? the fact that Biafra is governed by ibos should suffice, but what do we have, they have been plagued with mismanagement and corruption like the rest of the Nigerian nation. Lagos state have been transformed today not because of a Yoruba presidency but by the sincerity and diligence of chieftains at Alausa

4 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Elvis778(m): 1:18am On Aug 21, 2022
My question is, why was it so easy to track and jail Nnamdi Kanu, illegally, but very hard to arrest and jail the terrorist called Simon Ekpa with all the evidence of terrorism against him?
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by uvie66: 1:25am On Aug 21, 2022
Nchenches:

Does Southeast have a different Economy from Nigeria's? No.

Does Northwest where bandits rampage have different Economy from Nigeria's? No.

Does Northeast where Boko Haram has ravaged have different Economy from Nigeria's? No.
The author of this article is on election propaganda.
Nonsense.... but we can go about our businesses on Mondays on Lagos without fear of being attacked, and our children go to school without fear of being kidnapped by rampaging Fulani bandits on motorbikes.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Ibkhaleel: 1:27am On Aug 21, 2022
PHYTECH:
It's well grin grin grin

The igbos are dying and smiling.

They'll send themselves to extinction soon. By killing themselves and supporting it. Unknown gunmen, ipob and Esn are killing your people, yet you support them. Keep ruining your economy and killing yourselves. South sudan promax welcomes you.

Yet they'll be the first to be criticising the hausa and Fulani guys. It's well with you pleople oo
Well said
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by ClearFlair: 1:34am On Aug 21, 2022
Parachoko:
•Work days reduced to four, sometimes three days

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/one-year-on-weekly-sit-at-home-brings-south-east-economy-to-its-knees/

Peter Obi is the man Nigeria needs
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by ImperialYoruba: 1:36am On Aug 21, 2022
Although IPOB said it has officially suspended the sit at home following complaints by the people, some overzealous youths have continued to threaten those who dare to step out of their houses on Mondays. They are criminals and no longer Biafra agitators.

Enforcers of the sit at home have been attacking traders who attempted to open shops in any part of the region . They had killed many people, burnt vehicles seen on the roads and set ablaze goods worth millions of naira on Mondays.

At a stage, they started using the social media to threaten people by warning them to be prepared to receive whatever treatment they might meet if they came out on Mondays. Even when the IPOB spokesman, Emma Powerful announced that people should go about their normal businesses everyday of the week, a splinter group in the organization has continued to give a counter order.

The sit at home is so effective that even security operatives desert their checkpoints on Mondays for fear of being attacked.

Those who follow my writings must have seen a post where I said Obi followers come in two colors.

Im not the author of the quote above but it clearly agrees with what Ive written about obidients.

Obidient is a biafra movement camouflaging behind Obi and LP. Obi has no control over them, they do what the want, threaten anybody, intimidate anyone, issue death threat to anyone that oppose Obi. Biafra or death has become Obi or death. If you oppose Obi or speak bad of Obi you get a death threat from them.

They used their sicial media platform to spread Obi and force him on you whether you like or not.

Ibo alone cannot get a win for Obi so this biafran group is brainwashing people with propaganda and teaching them to turn against old age and sickness, and that old politicians are not useful for the nation. This is a recruitment tactic. They have particularly succeeded in convincing some Yoruba that Tinubu is bad, only obi is good. This tactic is to recruit Yoruba to get Obi in. After he wins Yorubaland will be a next target. The biafran obidients will not listen to Obi. They do not obey their governors in SE as it is. Under cover of obidient movement they will occupy and begin to Lord over Yoruba land. Obi will pass executive order making Ibos born in Lagos indigenes. An ibo born in Lagos can then become governor, Segun born in Ibadan cannot be governor in Lagos. Like Anambra ibos told Biancah Ojukwu she does not qualify to be their senator and told her to go Enugu.
Under the new Obi order, Chukwudi indigene of Lagos will say Segun does not qualify to be governor in Lagos and to go to Ibadan. Is that what you Yorubas want? Dump Obi. Ibo is using you to give him a win.

You recall under Jonathan Yoruba were marginalized. Who were the people running Jonathan govt? Ibo of course, he even called them pillar of his administration. Who was the lead Ibo in charge of Jonathan administration? It was Peter Obi. So Obi was an insider that marginalized Yoruba under GEJ. What do you think Obi will do when you put him in Abuja? Obi has plenty scores to settle with Yoruba, he is looking forward to deal with us when he ascends power. Do not join hands with any group to elect Obi.

You have seen what biafra has done in SE, If you elect Obi, Biafra and ugm will occupy and dominate Lagos, and there is nothing anyone can do because a biafran sympathiser is in Abuja.

No ibo leader today can talk to their youths and they listen. None.

They want you to begin disobeying your leaders and elders as well. They are using Tinubu to train you to despise your elders in advanced age and sickness. Omoluabi must not do that.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by ImperialYoruba: 1:42am On Aug 21, 2022
Elvis778:
My question is, why was it so easy to track and jail Nnamdi Kanu, illegally, but very hard to arrest and jail the terrorist called Simon Ekpa with all the evidence of terrorism against him?

Kanu was sold out by his fellow ibos. Ekpa will be sold out too, by ibo.

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by EasternPrince: 1:43am On Aug 21, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Nobody: 1:54am On Aug 21, 2022
Landmack:
The ediot that sat down and wrote this trash,just wrote for writing sake. No where was it mentioned that Simon Ekpa should be targeted and arrested by the Nigeria govt..nothing at all about his destructive activities and you want us to believe your write up of pretence?! Why’s there so much silence from the FG and state govs on their stance on Simeon Ekpa?
K
Exactly oo
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Elvis778(m): 1:57am On Aug 21, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Kanu was sold out by his fellow ibos. Ekpa will be sold out too, by ibo.
Please, it's Igbo, not ibo,
btw, I haven't seen FG's seriousness in tracking the wannabe Osama bin Laden,
whether Kanu was sold out or not, it's worthy to note he's held illegally and seriously they have no case against him,

the real criminal is Simon Ekpa, and I am beginning to think the man is working for the government.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Nobody: 2:00am On Aug 21, 2022
It is annoying abeg.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by ImperialYoruba: 2:16am On Aug 21, 2022
Elvis778:

Please, it's Igbo, not ibo,
btw, I haven't seen FG's seriousness in tracking the wannabe Osama bin Laden,
whether Kanu was sold out or not, it's worthy to note he's held illegally and seriously they have no case against him,

the real criminal is Simon Ekpa, and I am beginning to think the man is working for the government.

Who told elders of Aba he was going to Abuja and would bring back decapitated head of buhari as a trophy?

Was it Kanu or Ekpa? I cant recall which of the monsters made that threat

5 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by 1bunne4lif(m): 2:22am On Aug 21, 2022
nwajesus12:
see mumu
thanks for the compliment
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Izebrain: 2:29am On Aug 21, 2022
The sit at home , Esn, Kanu and everything is sponsored by the government, if you know you know
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Elvis778(m): 2:29am On Aug 21, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Who told elders of Aba he was going to Abuja and would bring back decapitated head of buhari as a trophy?

Was it Kanu or Ekpa? I cant recall which of the monsters made that threat
Kanu has a big mouth, usually making threats he doesn't mean literally, I won't deny that, but he barely effects violent threats,

he also makes very ridiculous accusations he will never prove,

if he means it u will know cuz he will try his best to prove it,
if it's one of his careless words u will know, cuz it will just go like that.

My only grievance with Kanu is that his strategy is very poor for a freedom fighter, u gats fight with sense, his poor strategy is what's causing the SE pain now cuz it has given way for terrorists like Ekpa to hijack everything.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Richnero(m): 3:05am On Aug 21, 2022
DOTian:

I hope you are in the East and also sitting at home?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by blackpanda: 3:08am On Aug 21, 2022
Landmack:
The ediot that sat down and wrote this trash,just wrote for writing sake. No where was it mentioned that Simon Ekpa should be targeted and arrested by the Nigeria govt..nothing at all about his destructive activities and you want us to believe your write up of pretence?! Why’s there so much silence from the FG and state govs on their stance on Simeon Ekpa?

Lol
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by blackpanda: 3:10am On Aug 21, 2022
DOTian:

So u are saying people support peter obi because of ipob Come on. Stop typing trash.

2 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by mrsuperswag(m): 3:15am On Aug 21, 2022
Igbos/Ipob have moved from release kanu and gives us Biafra to vote Obi. I thought Nigeria was unworkable for you guys? A zoo you called it. What had suddenly changed? Why are we trying to suddenly trying to unite and transform zoo? I don't see the endgame with the sit at home but you all can enjoy yourself with it. You cannot demand power or blackmail your way to it in a democracy. Play the politics and win if you really want it not all this trying to be wise by half tactics that you are employing. Nigeria forever sha.

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by TheboyGhost(m): 3:30am On Aug 21, 2022
It's funny reading comments from people that I believe have never stepped their foot in Igboland or probably don't even know the situation on ground.

Who does the most killings for civilians? The military and other government forces.
Who scatters markets and then goes to the media for propaganda? Same Government.

Business still flows here even on Mondays, but corporate businesses are usually shut down like peacemass and the rest.
Government buildings are usually shutdown on Mondays.
The government workers whom are usually not paid or probably under paid every month now has an extra day to head to the farm and other business.

Igboland been affected by sit a home? 19 whatever propaganda been passed around like free noodles by the government.

The people actually knows and can tell their enemies.
Forget all this media propaganda.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by IbadeHQ: 3:35am On Aug 21, 2022
Kennitrust:
Peter Obi presidency will unified this country and bring all these nonsense to an end

I don't believe you, let Peter Obi-diot stop the Monday sit at home first.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by IbadeHQ: 3:38am On Aug 21, 2022
colorsofrainbow:
Buhari's premeditated marginalisation of SE caused all these but it's ending soon.

Thats a lie, Your hatred and bitter politics caused it. Thesame is what you're doing to Tinubu now.

Learn how to play politics from Yoruba's.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight / Nsukka Youths Call For #EndPoliceBrutality & #EndBadGovernance (Pictures) / CBN Team Inspects Lagos Red/Blue Line Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.