Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

How Do I Apply For Travel Certificate In United State? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Apply For Travel Certificate In United State? (4778 Views)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / Lady Narrates Experience Shopping For Peppers In United Kingdom / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Apply For Travel Certificate In United State? by chicagoboy: 7:18pm On Aug 06, 2011
my wife is a Nigeria-American but her nigeria old nigeria passport has expired and she wants to travel nigeria for her NYSC,what is d simplest method for her to go to nigeria,thanks you as you reply,nigerian visa is expensive like $355 usd for the visa,so we are looking for the simplest and cheapest method for her to go home.
Re: How Do I Apply For Travel Certificate In United State? by oyewolejos(m): 1:08am On Aug 07, 2011
chicagoboy:

my wife is a Nigeria-American but her nigeria old nigeria passport has expired and she wants to travel nigeria for her NYSC,what is d simplest method for her to go to nigeria,thanks you as you reply,nigerian visa is expensive like $355 usd for the visa,so we are looking for the simplest and cheapest method for her to go home.
If time is still on her side let her apply for the E-Passport. She will needs to travel to the embassy in person so her biometrics information can be taken. But if she doesn't have the time the Nigerian Visa will surely be her best bet and when she get to Nigeria she acn apply for the passport. Travelling with a travel certificate might be cheaper but it always raise an eyebrow for Immigration Official in the US. Alot of criminals have used Travel Certificate from Nigeria to escape justice so she might be asked to go through secondary screening. Check with the Embassy and pick the option that best fits your plan and pocket. Cheers
Re: How Do I Apply For Travel Certificate In United State? by chicagoboy: 2:02am On Aug 07, 2011
@ oyewolejo,thanks you ,we reside in chicago so travelling down to new york is out of it,she has a clean background so no hassle with immigration ,for now i think travel certificate is the answer,she has an american passport 2 so she migth not have 2 much issues wit immigration,thanks for your time.
Re: How Do I Apply For Travel Certificate In United State? by dellnet: 5:21am On Aug 07, 2011
Travel Certs are issued mostly for emergency purpose,,,I think the fastest place to get sorted out is Atlanta. Arrange your alibi call them up and they may mail it to you depending on your relationship with the consular.
Re: How Do I Apply For Travel Certificate In United State? by EuroMeko(m): 7:50am On Aug 07, 2011
My recent experience.

I was able to renew my expired Nigeria Passport via Atalanta (only office that renews, even though you download the form from NY or was it Washington?) for ~$40. The requirement for renewal if if you haven't renewed your Passport before and it was issued less than 10 years ago (please call to verify for sure).

At LOS I was told by Immigration that I needed to get the new ePassport to leave Nigeria. Thankfully I heeded their direction since they asked me for my Nigerian passport while leaving even though I was leaving on my US Passport.

I was able to get the ePassport in Ibadan in two days for N18,000 which is much cheaper than me flying to Hotlanta.

(1) (Reply)

HELP GUYZ!!!!!! Canadian Visa Taking Too Longer Than Expected. / Anyone Staying Serbia Or Have Done Their Visa Process. / New Rule For Dubai!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.