Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man (54749 Views)

Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? / Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by crackhouse(m): 9:32am On Aug 22, 2022
What a world. Before now people earning 100k and above are big boys but presently they no even eat three square meals a day..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by OscarJaden(m): 9:34am On Aug 22, 2022
Doyou2019:

One dey the next compound. Na since 1.30am she woke everybody up with fresh curses on her husband wey dey unfortunate to have eaten the leftover wey remain for pot. grin

Eleribu Okunrin, Olofo, Olè ole. Okunrin alainialubarika, elebi, amunisepe ... etc nothing wey dis woman no talk o. She even yab am say manchi only dey drop 1k each day and still get gut to chop for house. grin

Omo, my man just kept quiet jejely to avoid this gbege from being a total cast, but na lie o. This mad woman just kept going on and long about how the poor guy could not take care of her and the kids..

It was terrible to watch.

this crack me real hard grin grin
Omo wetin dey happen with Nigerian families
This marriage no easy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by CedarHoldings: 9:40am On Aug 22, 2022
I pity this op, he and his wife must be very lean , no good food from that analysis, o ga o,

And i guess is not living in big city like Lagos, porthacort

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by OscarJaden(m): 9:40am On Aug 22, 2022
Academicwizman:

Oga, I doff my hat for you for the struggle that you are going through. However, I do not see a plan for an escape route from this your analysis. I see you walking tighter road in the future if this continues (I pray it doesn't/ Therefore, I'll like to ask the type of job that you do, particularly the timing. I am asking to know if a suggestion can be made.
Nairaland family wuna to good
If you able to help OP with a better paying Job i will be very happy because the way things are going
Things will be very difficult for him once his wife put to bed....
Buying baby foods for a month is no child's play
God bless you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by NairalandMD: 9:41am On Aug 22, 2022
tomtomastom4:
I created this thread in response to the post on front page about ladies that date men who earn less than 100k. Below is the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/7292274/ladies-relationship-men-earns-100k

Of a truth, its not easy to manage such amount, but when one is already in such situation, you just have to manage and improvise.
Now like the OP of the above thread requested, here is the break down of how we make our expenses.

To start with, I was earning about 130k previously before we got married by March this year, but I changed job and the pay of the new job is 95k. STarted the new job around Feb this year, even though there was a loan I was paying off.. Need I add that my wife was working in a firm where shes paid 45K, but two months after our married, she quit the job due to pregnancy stress. Am sure ladies will understand.

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k
I remove 40k first from the salary and transfer it to 3 different acct.
The first acct receives 20k. This acct is not touchable except on extreme emergency. Its our main savings acct.
The second acct gets 10k and its for our rent, also non touchable. Rent is 150k per year. Before u say my rent is high compared to my salary, I like my privacy very well. and the cost of rent isnt friendly in my state.
The third acct also gets 10k. This one is for semi savings. This acct is touchable when cash at hand have been exhausted before the next month salary.

From the remaining 50k,
I send 10k to my family acct. I and my brothers do contribute 10k+ every month and its been used to run expenses WRT our parents and last born.
I gv my wife 10k for her monthly up keep. Its small. But its the sacrifice we all have to make for the good of the family.
I hold 10k myself for logistics and transport. I must confess, is not enough. But One have to strive. My wrk place isnt far. SO transport is N100 to and fro, thats approximately 3k per month. The remaining money i use it for other logistics. 4k out of this money goes for gas wch last for abt 2 weeks. And when we want to refill and there is no other money left, we fall back to the 3rd acct.
The remaining 20k is strictly for food ( On this food issue is where I "duff my hart" cos shes really managing things well and trying.
Sometimes, I really feel for her, cos this her pregnancy makes her to crave for things that is not on our food menu, but then when the money is not there, she just surpress the cravings. At times I feel bad.

The remaining 5k, for now is used to pay back a tailor who sewed multiple pregnancy gowns for my wife.

Its good to add that any small money I make like 1k or 2k on side hustle, I directly buy mudu of rice, beans or flour for swallow.

Its not easy at all. But there are families with kids leaving below that.

My wife is abt 5mnths pregnant, we plan to divert the 20k savings to buying baby things in preparation for child birth.

The truth is that the economic situation in this country is bad and so cost of leaving is very high. But then one have to survive.
But then in Nigeria now, how many percentage of the population earn above 100k. In fact how many jobs out there pays such as amount.

The only advice I have for ladies is that if you are not working and you parent family is the type need financial help from your husband after marriage, or you are the type of lady that is high class and wont settle for less or manage with your man. Plz kindly wait and take your time to look for a man that is RICH or financially capable of taken care of you and maybe your family. Please dont hide under the cover of you want to marry quick and then accept a struggling man only to start putting pressure on his head. Plz wait and marry a rich man.

Most responsible men wont really appreciate it if you are always demanding for things you knw fully well that he can not afford.

It is also good to note that no condition is permanent, things will definitely get better. A better job might come or my wife might get a job after her maternity which will increase our income.

The bottom line is, as a couple, but of you will have to work things out to improve your finances.
Bro
Congratulations
you married a "Wife" not a "SlayQueen" if not you go don hear wehn!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by CedarHoldings: 9:48am On Aug 22, 2022
Op wife may not be a fine mordern woman, this mordern fine women can't collect 10k from you, when they do know that they are going somewhere to collect remaining balance grin
Rich4god:
Hmmmmm

From what am seeing so far, it's best to keep marriage aside till u are fully loaded o.

Ladies these days no get shame. If you no get, dem go just dey disgrace you. The op is lucky to have an understanding wife.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by ibizgirl(f): 9:49am On Aug 22, 2022
Op, God bless you and your wife. You are on a good path. But this is just the beginning. You and your wife should try to expand your earning. You can't explain to a crying child no money for biscuits or indomine. God will not shame you

tomtomastom4:
I created this thread in response to the post on front page about ladies that date men who earn less than 100k.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by BeanmanX(m): 9:49am On Aug 22, 2022
Op u will need to earn more once u start having kids,,,but kudos to you though,,it seems that you can manage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by gannod(m): 10:27am On Aug 22, 2022
tomtomastom4:
I created this thread in response to the post on front page about ladies that date men who earn less than 100k. Below is the link.

Of a truth, its not easy to manage such amount, but when one is already in such situation, you just have to manage and improvise.
Now like the OP of the above thread requested, here is the break down of how we make our expenses.

To start with, I was earning about 130k previously before we got married by March this year, but I changed job and the pay of the new job is 95k. STarted the new job around Feb this year, even though there was a loan I was paying off.. Need I add that my wife was working in a firm where shes paid 45K, but two months after our married, she quit the job due to pregnancy stress. Am sure ladies will understand.

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k
The first acct receives 20k. This acct is not touchable except on extreme emergency. Its our main savings acct.
The second acct gets 10k and its for our rent, also non touchable. Rent is 150k per year. Before u say my rent is high compared to my salary, I like my privacy very well. and the cost of rent isnt friendly in my state.
The third acct also gets 10k. This one is for semi savings. This acct is touchable when cash at hand have been exhausted before the next month salary.

From the remaining 50k,
I send 10k to my family acct. I and my brothers do contribute 10k+ every month and its been used to run expenses WRT our parents and last born.
I gv my wife 10k for her monthly up keep. Its small. But its the sacrifice we all have to make for the good of the family.
I hold 10k myself for logistics and transport. I must confess, is not enough. But One have to strive. My wrk place isnt far. SO transport is N100 to and fro, thats approximately 3k per month. The remaining money i use it for other logistics. 4k out of this money goes for gas wch last for abt 2 weeks. And when we want to refill and there is no other money left, we fall back to the 3rd acct.
The remaining 20k is strictly for food ( On this food issue is where I "duff my hart" cos shes really managing things well and trying.
Sometimes, I really feel for her, cos this her pregnancy makes her to crave for things that is not on our food menu, but then when the money is not there, she just surpress the cravings. At times I feel bad.

The remaining 5k, for now is used to pay back a tailor who sewed multiple pregnancy gowns for my wife.

Its good to add that any small money I make like 1k or 2k on side hustle, I directly buy mudu of rice, beans or flour for swallow.

My wife is abt 5mnths pregnant, we plan to divert the 20k savings to buying baby things in preparation for child birth.

The truth is that the economic situation in this country is bad and so cost of leaving is very high. But then one have to survive.
But then in Nigeria now, how many percentage of the population earn above 100k. In fact how many jobs out there pays such as amount.

The only advice I have for ladies is that if you are not working and you parent family is the type need financial help from your husband after marriage, or you are the type of lady that is high class and wont settle for less or manage with your man. Plz kindly wait and take your time to look for a man that is RICH or financially capable of taken care of you and maybe your family. Please dont hide under the cover of you want to marry quick and then accept a struggling man only to start putting pressure on his head. Plz wait and marry a rich man.

Most responsible men wont really appreciate it if you are always demanding for things you knw fully well that he can not afford.

It is also good to note that no condition is permanent, things will definitely get better. A better job might come or my wife might get a job after her maternity which will increase our income.

The bottom line is, as a couple, but of you will have to work things out to improve your finances.

May God bless you
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by FTME4EVA: 10:28am On Aug 22, 2022
xxmoney15:
Guy u need to start learning skills or getting a better job.

My salary is 76k as a teacher but my living with 2 kids n my wife isn't working yet is a miracle. Just that as a physics teacher I do get private lessons, waec registration business.

Currently I'm learning forex seriously because I want to be in charge of my future. Rent is pH is not cheap, 300k for that matter.

But na God de run am for us

u mean rent in PH is 300k, my babe told me i can see a room self con for 200 or 250k cos i plan to relocate there soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Phraences: 10:45am On Aug 22, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

God is your strength!! I salute you sir. Na financial management be this.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Calibrator: 10:45am On Aug 22, 2022
So technically you are not even the Head of your immediate family and you are also leeching off your father as old as you are.

I doubt if your wife will have any real respect for you.

Minjim:
I earn 85k and I live in a 350k apartment.

My wife is not working and doesn't know how to manage like yours. I can't even give her money to buy stuff. The last time I did, what she thought for 10k, if I enter market, I can but it for 8k .This always causes quarrel between us.
If she craves to eat something, she must eat it. According to her - she's pregnant.

How do I survive? Thank God my father lives with me. He's the head of his family and many family members send him money. Since I'm in charge of his account, I'm also in charge of the money they send to him.
Now that she is 7 months pregnant, my family member have started bringing baby things. In fact, the ways things are looking I may not have to buy any baby clothes at all.
I must say, my family members keep me going. I don't know how I can ever survive on that 85k with a wife that doesn't understand the current situation

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Atolu01: 10:46am On Aug 22, 2022
User.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Phraences: 10:46am On Aug 22, 2022
ibizgirl:
Op, God bless you and your wife. You are on a good path. But this is just the beginning. You and your wife should try to expand your earning. You can't explain to a crying child no money for biscuits or indomine. God will not shame you

And children consume a lot o!
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Phraences: 10:49am On Aug 22, 2022
So now your wife is currently unemployed and both of you are now surviving on only your salary. Hmmm! And due to the pregnancy stress the unemployment would likely continue till successful delivery?! Nigerians dey try o!

I will advise she takes this opportunity to learn a skill. Maybe hairdressing including how to dreadlock. So if she doesn't get good job on time she can assist with little bills.

5 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Minjim: 10:51am On Aug 22, 2022
Calibrator:
So technically you are not even the Head of your immediate family and you are also leeching off your father as old as you are.

I doubt if your wife will have any real respect for you.

I knew some kid will definitely talk trash.
I remember I said my father, not yours?

I hope I'm correct.
This is not a singles thread. You can't understand family issues if you've never started any

13 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by jericco1(m): 10:52am On Aug 22, 2022
Hats off man.
You're a boss

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Calibrator: 10:53am On Aug 22, 2022
Brother Leech. I repeat....... "So technically you are not even the Head of your immediate family and you are also leeching off your father as old as you are.
I doubt if your wife will have any real respect for you"

Minjim:

I knew some kid will definitely talk trash.
I remember I said my father, not yours?

I hope I'm correct.
This is not a singles threat. You can't understand family issues if you've never started any

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 22, 2022
A perfect method to madness. Pampers will humble you. There was no reason to impregnate your wife at that level of income. in fact, at the present level of inflation, anyone earning 100K and below, should not actually consider marriage except you own farmlands and actually plant food crops.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by somehow: 11:18am On Aug 22, 2022
xxmoney15:
Guy u need to start learning skills or getting a better job.

My salary is 76k as a teacher but my living with 2 kids n my wife isn't working yet is a miracle. Just that as a physics teacher I do get private lessons, waec registration business.

Currently I'm learning forex seriously because I want to be in charge of my future. Rent is pH is not cheap, 300k for that matter.

But na God de run am for us

You can't be struggling financially, then delve into Forex trading. You will suffer 10 folds.

Forex trading is not for people with basic financial issues.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by somehow: 11:21am On Aug 22, 2022
yungz:

like the op said, don’t waste your time and resources. those forex millionaires you see on youtube made their money by selling trading courses. instead try stocks, bond or cryptocurrency.

There are successful traders, know this and know peace.

Fx
Stock
Bond
Crypto

These aren't for people not financially stable just like every job or business is not for everyone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by stancod(m): 11:24am On Aug 22, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

thanks....I will surely learn from you
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by rickleye: 11:43am On Aug 22, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

Excellent detailed report
I’ll give you #10k to buy baby stuff.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Phraences: 11:50am On Aug 22, 2022
AstraDroid:
A perfect method to madness. Pampers will humble you. There was no reason to impregnate your wife at that level of income. in fact, at the present level of inflation, anyone earning 100K and below, should not actually consider marriage.

An average Nigerian sees children as a blessing and that God will always provide for that blessing. It's hard to advise a newly married couple to delay childbirth as fertility issues might arise if they wait too long. sad

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 22, 2022
Phraences:

An average Nigerian sees children as a blessing and that God will always provide for that blessing. It's hard to advise a newly married couple to delay childbirth as fertility issues might arise if they wait too long. sad

Most of them marry for access to every day pusssy?

People could learn to de-couple sex from reproduction. Fertility is no longer an issue, there are biological breakthroughs on that field.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by ITbomb(m): 12:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
With 100k

I give 40k to my wife
(((20 for food (5k per week) so no need to ask for market money every week. And she knows how to manage it.
10k for provisions (My wife contributes also from her small salary)
10k for "touchable" savings (I trust her more than myself)))

20k for my own run around for the month
10k for savings
10k for gas
10k for the kids

That's 90k. I always plan below my fixed salary

Mind you, I have a car but the car runs itself. Hustling money is not included here

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Clinghton: 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2022
Nice, it takes understanding and combined efforts to sustain marriage.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by LUAN1: 1:43pm On Aug 22, 2022
AstraDroid:

Most of them marry for access to every day pusssy?

People could learn to de-couple sex from reproduction. Fertility is no longer an issue, there are biological breakthroughs on that field.
what biological breakthrough? The breakthrough would it favour the poor?
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by zed7: 2:06pm On Aug 22, 2022
This is what we call trying to survive. Hopefully ,things will improve for you guys.
However, my own issue is that you have to bring in kids when you are already struggling as it is.

Again, how do families survive on 5k a week? Is it not the same market we all go to? Nigerians are really rugged.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by emmeyen: 2:06pm On Aug 22, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

This is applaudable sir. But your wife shouldn't have just resigned without thinking of a little business that will not stress her because of her condition. Even when the child comes, she may still need extra three months before going back to work. Dont forget the work, na fimd she go find am. Please you should put heads together and come up with an idea for her and at the end she may not need to hurry back into the labour market. Anything may happen to your job tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
LUAN1:
what biological breakthrough? The breakthrough would it favour the poor?

The poor should not reproduce much as it will affect their quality of lives. The poor should consider celibacy, while the wealthy should have more kids, cos they can take care of them.

What we have now is the poor having plenty kids and the wealthy having less. There is a strong likelihood that a family will become poorer by having more kids since it takes average of $300K to raise a kid based on global assessment. Therefore, the poor can not afford to have many kids but I recommend not having at all, until one is capable of raising one.

Except you own farmlands and actually grow food crops to feed the family.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by xxmoney15(m): 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2022
FTME4EVA:

u mean rent in PH is 300k, my babe told me i can see a room self con for 200 or 250k cos i plan to relocate there soon

I'm staying in one bedroom flat. So u will get for that amount

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

British Lady Cried Out After Seeing The Picture Of Her Man Marrying Another Lady / Must See Photos From An Abuja Baby Shower With Three Gorgeous Mummies To Be / A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.