Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

! The Dreadful Story Of John-b - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ! The Dreadful Story Of John-b (184 Views)

The Word And The Watchtower: An Exegesis Of John 1:1 / The Dreadful Revelation I Had Last Night / The Gospel Of John - A Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

! The Dreadful Story Of John-b by Tb222(m): 12:46am On Aug 22, 2022
"I will never be guilty of founding my hopes for the future upon such a compiled mess of trash as is contained in that book (bible) mother, a boy ten years of age if he was half witted, could have told a straighter story, and made s better book. I believe it to be the greatest mess of lies ever imposed upon the public. I would rather go to hell (if there os such a place) than have the name of bowing to that impostor- Jesus Christ and be dependent on his merits for salvation ".
" Beware! Beware! my son, "for God is not mocked 'although" He beareth with the wicked long, yet he will not keep. his anger forever 'and all manner of sin shall be forgiven men, except the sin against the Holy Ghost;which hath no forgiveness "and many are the examples, both in sacred and profane history, of men who have been smitten down in the midst of their sinning against that blessed spirit".
" Very well, father, I will risk all the cutting down that I shall get for cursing that book, and all the agonies connected therewith. Let it come, I am'not all that scared".
" O Father, lay not this sin to his charge, for he knows not what he does ".
" Yes I do know what I am about, and what I say and mean it".
" John, do you mean to drive your mother raving distracted? Oh, my God! What have I done that this dreadful trial should come upon my old age? "
" Mother if you don't want to hear me speak my sentiments, why do you always begin with the subject? If you do not want to hear it, don't ever broach the subject again, for I shall never never even talk of that book in any other way".
Re: ! The Dreadful Story Of John-b by Tb222(m): 12:46am On Aug 22, 2022
The above conversation took place between two fond parents and an only son, who was at home on a visit from college, and now was about to return. And the cause of this outburst was, the kindhearted christian parents had essayed to give him a few words of kind admonition, which, alas'proved to be the last. And the above were his last words which he spoke to them as he left the house.
How enviously those fond parents looked after him as though something dreadful would happen. What scalding tears were those that furrowed their way down their furrowed cheeks! Oh! That they might have been put in the bottle of mercy! Poor, wretched young man, it had been better for him had the avalanche from the mountains crushed him beneath its deadly weight before those words escaped his lips.
Little did he think that He who said, "Honor thy father and mother" and, "He that hardeneth his heart, and stiffeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy",Was so soon going to to call him to give an account for these words, so heart-rending to his aged parents, and so dreadful in the sight pf a Holy God. He had imbibed those dreadful principles from an infidel roommate at college.
Beware young men, with whom you associate, lest you fall as did this unfortunate young man.
John B..... Left his home and hastened to the depot where he took the cars which were to bear him to M- where he was in a few months to finish his studies. The whistle blew, and away swept the cars "across the trembling plain" But alas! They had gone but a few miles, when the cars, coming round a curve in a deep cut, came suddenly upon an obstruction on the track, which threw the engine and two of the cars at once one from the rails.
Re: ! The Dreadful Story Of John-b by Tb222(m): 12:46am On Aug 22, 2022
As fate would seem to have it, the wicked son. (John B-) was at that moment passing between them, He was thrown in an instant from the platform, his left arm being broken and his skull fractured by the fall;and in an instant one of the wheels 'passed directly over both his legs near the body, breaking and mangling them in the most dreadful manner. Strange as it may seem, no one else was injured.
The dreadful news soon reached his already greif-stricken parents, and before long that beloved, yet ungrateful son, was borne back to them, not as he left, but lying upon a litter a poor mangled, raving maniac.
Why this pious parents were called to pass through those dreadful trial. He "whose ways are deep and past finding out,"only knows; except that by this sad example of His wrath many might be saved.
Re: ! The Dreadful Story Of John-b by Tb222(m): 12:47am On Aug 22, 2022
Many skillful physicians were called, but the fist of the Almighty had gone forth, and man could not recall it, when the news reached the college, the classmates hastened to see him. When they came , nature was fast sinking.
But the immortal part was becoming dreadfully alive, Oh! That heartrending scene. His reasoning returning brought with it a dreadful sense of his situation, his first were, and oh, may never mortal hear such a cry as that again upon the shores of time.
"Mother! I am lost! Lost! Lost! Damned! Damned! Damned forever" and as his classmates drew near to the bed, among who was the one who had poisoned his mind with infidelity, with a dreadful effort he rose in the bed and cried as he fixed his gaze upon him; A- you have brought me to this, you have damned my soul! May the curses of the Almighty and of the Lamb rest upon your soul forever.
Re: ! The Dreadful Story Of John-b by Tb222(m): 12:47am On Aug 22, 2022
Then like a hellish Fiend, he gnashed his teeth, and tried to get hold of him that he might tear him to pieces.
Then followed a scene from which the strongest fled with horror. But those poor parents had to hear and see it all, for he would not suffer them away for a moment. He fell back on his bed exhausted crying, "O mother! Mother! get me some water to quench this fire that is burning me to death," then he tore his hair and rent his breast; the fire had already begun to burn, the smoke of which shall ascend for ever and ever
Re: ! The Dreadful Story Of John-b by Tb222(m): 12:48am On Aug 22, 2022
And then he cried, "O mother, save me the devils have come after me. O mother, take me in your arms, and don't let them have me," and as his mother drew near to him, he buried his face in that fond bosom which had nourished and cherished him, but, alas, could not now protect or shield him from the storm of the Almighty's wrath, for he turned from her, and with an unearthly voice he shreiked , "Father! Mother! Father!, Save me, they come to drag my soul to Hell" and with his eyes starting from their sockets, he fell back upon his bed a corpse.
The spirit had fled- not like that of Lazarus, borne on the wings of a convoy of Angels, but dragged by Fiends to meet a fearful doom.
May his dreadful fall prove a warning to those who will unwittingly walk the same path.

Earnest Christian, September, 1867
Re: ! The Dreadful Story Of John-b by Tb222(m): 12:51am On Aug 22, 2022
The Word of The Lord in The Book Of Psalm.
Psalm 51:17 " The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, oh God, o God, thou wilt not despise
Re: ! The Dreadful Story Of John-b by Tb222(m): 12:52am On Aug 22, 2022
God loves us all, he loves you and I , that he sent his only begotten son to pay the price for our sins, nevertheless being created given the liberty of freewill, we still have to choose, yes a choice, I know you are wondering"but Jesus died, why do i have to go through the stress of saying i am sorry and then leaving my old ways, and conforming to his ways.
john 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting Life".

Romans 3:25 " Whom God hath senth forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remissions of sins that are past through the forbearance of God".
Romans 3:23 " For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God".

Romans 3:10 " As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one".

1 John 1:9 " If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness ".

Matthew 11:28 " Come unto me all ye that Labour, and are heavy laden and I will give you rest".

Isaiah 1;18 " Come let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow, and though they be red as crimson, they shall be as wool.

The above verses, teaches us that God in his infinite love and mercy has sent his son, Jesus Christ to die for our sins , and to pay the price for our iniquities, God loved us and still loves us, he will always continue to love us, but he hates our sins, the bible says in Rom 6:23 " For the wages of sin is death; but the Gift of God is eternal Life through Jesus Christ our Lord" all manner of sins, no sin is too big or small in God eyes .
Jesus says in Luke 13:2-5 ," And Jesus answering and said unto them, suppose ye that this Galileans were sinners, above all the Galileans, because they suffered such things.
vs 3 "I tell you nay: but except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish".
vs 4 " Or those eighteen,upon whom the tower of Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem ".
vs 5 " I tell you nay: but,except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Re: ! The Dreadful Story Of John-b by Tb222(m): 4:18am On Aug 22, 2022
The Scripture verses i pointed above,states it so clearly, those are the words of Lord Jesus Christ, and not the words of men, don't think tou are the least sinful person in your neighborhood, or you simply aren't as bad as the area boys in your neighborhood , or at least you are better off than the bandits, terrorists, or boko haram, and unknown gunmen mentioned almost everyday in the news for their heinous crime and murderous acts, there is no small sin and big sin before God, we have lost our true incorruptible nature , and have been lost the true Life and destiny God actually ordained for us.
The Word of the Lord says in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 " know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not decieved: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
vs 10 " Nor theives, nor covetous , nor drunkards, nor revilers,nor extortioners, shall inherit the Kingdom of God.
And guess what, there are consequences for our actions, real consequence, in fact eternal consequences, and unless we humble our selves before God and confess all our sins and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, my brothers and sisters the horrors of hell is unimaginable, it is better forgotten, if you are debating whether God exists, or Heaven and Hell exists, my friend there are millions, in fact billions down there right as i am typing this, and guess what, no one is debating right now, they are crying, weeping for a second chance, but alas! Alas! It is all too late, they ill regret, and they ill be there for all eternity.
So the choice is yours now, the ball is in your court, I am doing the Lord's bidding yet I have done nothing yet, now is time, now! Not tomorrow, not a second more, please i veg you, please i beg you don't defer, this is an eternal decision, this is not choosing a business career, choosing a course of study, or choosing a place of resident, we are talking of an eternal decision here. A decision that affects you long after you are dead, we are talking blillions and billions and billions of years, yet you know you your situation can never be changed, that thought alone is horrible, its horrific, its mind-blowing.
Revelation 21:8 " But the fearful, and the unbelieving, and the abominable , and murderers, and murderers and whoremongers , and sorcerers,and all idolaters shall have their path in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Re: ! The Dreadful Story Of John-b by Tb222(m): 5:39am On Aug 22, 2022
So my brothers and sisters, pls now is the time of grace, you only have now that you are alive, when you close your eyes in death, all hope is gone forever, its all gone.
And guess what salvation is free,it is free, Christ has paid for it with his blood, and all we have to do is to ask for it with all sincerity of heart. If you don't then you have to pay the price yourself, and guess what you will be paying it in Hell for all eternity, because guess what? Only Jesus is qualified to pay the price for our sins.
Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld and lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain , having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God senth forth to all the earth".
Revelation 5:7 " And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
Revelation 5:8 "And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours , which are the prayers of the saints ".
Revelation 5:9 ," And they sung a new song saying thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof:for thou wast slain,and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue , and people, and nation".
So you can see from the words of God that only Jesus is qualified to take away sins, and guess what he is coming back, and it is not a matter of when or how he is coming back because His Word says so.
It says in His Word in Luke 21:33 "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
It also says in Mathew 5:18 " For verily I say unti you, till Heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled".
So God's Word is irrevocable, it is irreversible because God honors His word above His name. It says in the book of Psalms, in Psalm 138:2 " I will worship towards thy Holy Temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness, and for thy truth:for thou has magnified thy word above thy name".
God's Word is also pure, He says in the book of Psalms, Psalm12 : 6 " The words of the Lord are pure Words: as silver tried in a furnace of the earth, purified seven times ".

My fellow brothers and sisters please God's Word is not to be toyed with, He is coming, coming very soon, the word soon is known only to God himself, for He says in His word
In 2Peter 3:8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day".
He is coming soon, and He is coming to judge this world for he says in the book of Revelation,

In the book of Revelation 22:11 it says " He that is unjust, let him be unjust still, he that is righteous let him be righteous still, and he that is holy let him be holy still". Then let us move to Revelation ch 22:12-13 which says.
" And behold I come quickly ;I come quickly and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his works shall be".
vs 13 " I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, The First and the Last".
Christ is coming, but before he comes, he is out there calling out to you, to he who will listen, to he who will hear his voice, He wants to forgive you, He wants to save you, Christ is calling, please don't let this go, for tomorrow might be too late.
Re: ! The Dreadful Story Of John-b by Tb222(m): 6:17am On Aug 22, 2022
The saddest
road to hell is the one
that runs under the
pulpit, past the Bible
and through the
middle of warnings
and invitations.
----J. C. Ryle

They, then,
who are destined to
die, need not be
careful to inquire what
death they are to die,
but into what place
death will usher them.
----Augustine

Romans 3:4 "God forbid: let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings,and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

(1) (Reply)

My Salvation Story / The Peace Of God - What A Joy We Have! / Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.