Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,834 members, 7,806,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Nun Takes Catholic Bishop, 6 Priests To Court Over Alleged Fornication - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nun Takes Catholic Bishop, 6 Priests To Court Over Alleged Fornication (1931 Views)

Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church / Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nun Takes Catholic Bishop, 6 Priests To Court Over Alleged Fornication by aloyemeka2: 9:59pm On Aug 06, 2011
[size=14pt]Nun takes Catholic Bishop, 6 priests to court over alleged fornication[/size]
on AUGUST 4, 2011 · in NEWS

By Tony Edike
ENUGU — A Federal High Court sitting at Awka, Anambra State has restrained the Bishop of Nnewi Catholic Diocese, Rt. Rev. Paul Okeke and six other priests in the church from harassing, attacking or molesting a female member of the church, Sister Angela Ejidike who is seeking justice over the allegation of fornication leveled against her by the church.

The court presided over by Justice Peter Olayiwola also restrained the police from further invasion of the Sister Ejidike’s premises in connection with her complaints as contained in the Motion on Notice or further violation of her rights pending the hearing and determination of the case.

The court further granted the applicant “unfettered access to her residence at Gibson Nwosu Avenue Awka, for the purposes of occupying same and to be able to access the level of damage done by the police at the instance of the 1st to 7th Respondents pending the hearing and determination of the Motion.”

The Applicant, Sister Ejidike a devout Christian who took a private vow of perpetual virginity had gone to court alleging attempts on her life by persons she described as agents of the Bishop and the six priests.

The nine respondents in the case are Most Rev. Bishop Hilary Paul Odili Okeke, Rev. Fr. Christian Eze, Rev. Fr. Alexander Umenweke, Rev. Fr. Ernest Amobi Ebulue, Rev. Fr. Luke Ibeh, Rev. Fr. Jude Ezike, Rev. Fr. Pius Ilechukwu, the Commissioner of Police, Anambra State Police Command and the Inspector General of Police.

In a 99-paragraph affidavit, Ejidike who claimed to have gone into hiding due to the attempts on her life averred that when it became difficult for the 1st – 7th Respondents to trace her, “they falsely alleged and instigated the police to invade my residence; carting away some vital property.”

She traced her travails to August 2002 when one of the priests “invaded me in the gathering of Christian faithful at Nnewi and chased away people who came for counseling and consultation.

“The same priest concocted fornication allegation against me and another Catholic priest who happened to be the Director of Catechetic and Evangelization where I rendered my services and faith.

“In order to completely destroy me, the priest reported the concocted lies to the Nnewi Diocesan Senate of Priests where the 1st – 6th Respondents are equally members.

“Without any investigation, the priests started spreading this false fornication story which later got to my hearing and that of the priest who was also accused.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/nun-takes-catholic-bishop-6-priests-to-court-over-alleged-fornication/
Re: Nun Takes Catholic Bishop, 6 Priests To Court Over Alleged Fornication by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 06, 2011
No surprise here , they have been doing it for centuries !!!
Re: Nun Takes Catholic Bishop, 6 Priests To Court Over Alleged Fornication by Sweetnecta: 10:13pm On Aug 06, 2011
They gave birth to Protestants. this is probably a surprise to you. but it is a fact.
Re: Nun Takes Catholic Bishop, 6 Priests To Court Over Alleged Fornication by aloyemeka2: 3:26am On Aug 08, 2011
@BitterNecta, Who gave birth to who?
Re: Nun Takes Catholic Bishop, 6 Priests To Court Over Alleged Fornication by kodewrita(m): 9:42am On Aug 08, 2011
who do we believe?

The nun accused of fornication or the priests accused of the same?

Someone's lying but we cant verify who's shot with all the gunsmoke.

(1) (Reply)

Christianity Is About Power / The Doom Of Atheists!! / Watching Merlin, Harry Potter, Lord Of The Ring Etc, Will Lead You To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.