Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND (36144 Views)

Chisom Chukwuneke Is Dead. Got 7 A1s In WASSCE (Obituary, Photos) / Ojelade Islamiyat: Best Graduating Student At Convocation Of Polytechnic Ilaro / 7 Universities That Offer Criminology In Nigeria And Everything You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by nlfpmod: 10:20am On Aug 22, 2022
This is Islamiyat Ojelade, a Nigerian lady who got 7 PhD scholarships in 7 universities in USA.

She only has HND! Meaning she went straight to PhD without masters.

I interviewed her and wrote about her amazing story.

She is a graduate of the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro where she studied Science Laboratory Technology.

She is now pursuing a PhD in Chemistry at Florida State University, USA.

https://twitter.com/JonalistIsrael/status/1561467088463699970?t=QB0SPNaKzXv0Pt8VplU6qA&s=08

Nigerian HND Holder Who Has No Masters Gets 7 Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in 7 Top Universities in USA

"Islamiyat Ojelade, a graduate of Science Laboratory Technology from the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Ogun state has bagged 7 fully funded scholarships in USA

"Amazingly, the scholarships will enable her to pursue a PhD degree in Chemistry, a rare feat for HND holders who haven't gone through a master's course

*A post she made on LinkedIn says she has accepted one of the offers and is preparing to start her studies at the Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, USA

A Nigerian lady named Islamiyat Ojelade has broken all the barriers on her way to bag 7 fully funded scholarships in USA. Islamiyat is a HND holder who studied Science Laboratory Technology at the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro.

A rare feat for HND holders

Ordinarily, it would be thought that Islamiyat must have to go through a master's, or pre-masters course before climbing the academic ladder, especially with the HND/Degree dichotomy in Nigeria.

But it is amazing that the scholarships are for PhD, straight from HND. Her story has gathered a lot of attention on LinkedIn where she shared it.

She wrote: "Considering the dichotomy between HND and BSc in Nigeria, I was scared and confused on what next to do after my undergraduate studies. "I am so elated to inform you all that I will be starting my PhD program in Chemistry at the Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, USA this Fall, having received full scholarships from 7 universities in the United States of America with my Higher National Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology (Chemistry Major)."

The schools she got into are Florida State University, University of Massachusetts Armherst, University of Kansas, University of Kentucky, University of North Texas, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Marquette University.

https://www.legit.ng/people/1484391-nigerian-hnd-holder-masters-7-fully-funded-phd-scholarships-7-top-universities-usa/

"I Chose Chemistry by Mistake While Filling Admission Form": HND Holder Who Got 7 PhD Scholarships Abroad Say

*Islamiyat Ojelade, the Nigerian HND holder who got 7 PhD scholarships in 7 US universities has said it wasn't her initial intention to major in Chemistry

*The graduate of Science Laboratory Technology from Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro said there was a mistake in her admission form that got her the course

"However, she came to love it greatly and majored in it while in school and is now pursuing a PhD in the same field

Islamiyat Ojelade a brilliant Nigerian lady got 7 PhD scholarships in 7 top US universities and has proceeded with her studies. However, what many people do not know is that it wasn't Islamiyat's intention to major in Chemistry at the Federal Polytechnic Ilaro where she bagged an HND in Science Laboratory Technology.

I came to love Chemistry

In an interview with Legit.ng, Islamiyat said a mistake in her admission form got her a major in the course. She got into school and gave it all her best and aced it and graduated as best in her class. "After the completion of my National Diploma at the Ogun State Insitute of Technology in 2015, I went for my Industrial Training. Thereafter, I enrolled at the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro for Science Laboratory Technology while majoring in Chemistry. I honestly didn't want to major in Chemistry, but an error in my application got me Chemistry. But immediately I saw my name on the list of Chemistry students, I fell in love with it."

Achieving a rare feat Islamiyat said her success in getting scholarships for PhD without going through a masters came with a lot of hard work and many years of consistency. She however said it is a great milestone in her life and that she is excited about it.

https://www.legit.ng/people/1487122-i-chose-chemistry-by-mistake-filling-admission-form-hnd-holder-7-phd-scholarships-says/

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Grassroott(m): 10:24am On Aug 22, 2022
Big congrats to her.. this is very good.. person fit gather certificate like this for naija?, Strike here and there

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by harmargedon: 10:24am On Aug 22, 2022
I just book space, I no even read the write up grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Nasri100(m): 10:24am On Aug 22, 2022
No big deal abroad. Land of possibilities. Nobody really gives a damn. How can you use your intelligence to better our economy and country is all they care about.

But in Nigeria it is. Country with a s*it hole and archaic educational system, you see the suffering-looking blacks with bony faces fighting over which is better between B.Sc and HND.

Unnecessary fanfare.

African mentality grin

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by slawomir: 10:25am On Aug 22, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Just dey gather certificates and degrees

This people dey try

Common Bsc way I mange get before I fit get am I hear word

Anyway if person family get money or are financially buoyant to gather certificates dey easy sha

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by datola: 10:25am On Aug 22, 2022
Congratulations!

6 Likes

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Klington: 10:25am On Aug 22, 2022
Good luck to her.

1 Like

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by BigBelleControl(m): 10:25am On Aug 22, 2022
This can never happen in Nigeria. If you have an HND, you have to do a conversion BSc program before you can do MSc. If you decide to do master's directly, you end up with PGD or Professional Masters which is not applicable in all schools.

Even in the public and private service, HND and BSc are not on the same level with different salaries.
They must have seen something in her to offer her a direct Ph.D.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by SolarEngr(m): 10:25am On Aug 22, 2022
A very big congratulations to her

For everyone waiting for this same miracle, don't stop, keep pushing, keep applying, keep trying.

Your testimony is coming!

16 Likes

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Tobloc(m): 10:26am On Aug 22, 2022
Congratulations to her.
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Nsonaso(m): 10:26am On Aug 22, 2022
Omo
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Mindlog: 10:26am On Aug 22, 2022
Wow, wow, wow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:26am On Aug 22, 2022
#RESPECT

Adegokenath:
Grace locate me
Amen.
May your prayers be answered in Jesus name.
Insha Allah.
May Grace locate ALL of us @ also and to everyone that want the same.

duduade:
So what's special about this
Why not keep shut jejely if you have nothing reasonable to type?!
Na dem.
#EnemyOfProgress undecided

Again,
#RESPECT.

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:26am On Aug 22, 2022
Mindlog:
Wow, wow, wow!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by tfelicityk(m): 10:26am On Aug 22, 2022
Congratulations to her for her achievements.
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Ofunaofu: 10:26am On Aug 22, 2022
Breaking barriers
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by phransix2: 10:26am On Aug 22, 2022
am forced to ask, would all these matter in Heaven?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by folake4u(f): 10:27am On Aug 22, 2022
Congratulations to her. kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by francisduru: 10:27am On Aug 22, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Dipclick: 10:27am On Aug 22, 2022
Ok

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by prophetwis: 10:27am On Aug 22, 2022
Society where value is appreciated

2 Likes

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by rollandben(m): 10:27am On Aug 22, 2022
Congrats
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Adegokenath(m): 10:28am On Aug 22, 2022
Grace locate me

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by duduade: 10:28am On Aug 22, 2022
So what's special about this
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by leg725516: 10:28am On Aug 22, 2022
Wow. Congratulations ��
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 22, 2022
Women have been achieving incredible feats in this season.
Not like the Anthony Joshua who couldn't retain his title. Or the super eagles without any wings to fly.
WOMEN getting scholarships without a degree.
WOMEN racking out the medals at commonwealth.
Celebrate women.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY / 2023 UTME: Nkechinyere Umeh Top Scorer – JAMB / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.