Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan (44995 Views)

Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) / Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile / Guests Dragging Hot Amala At An Event Abroad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Omawumi17(f): 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2022
As a young hustler, I went to ojoo area in Ibadan to hustle
Luckily I was able to make 2300 naira profit
Excitedly, I took a Keke from ojoo to bodija and to buy some food stuffs from the profit. At all at all na winch
Unfortunately, the Keke dropped me in front of Amala skye �
I said to myself, babe, life is too short, enjoy small na
Na so I enter say make I spent 500 from the profit.
I saw people picking plate and a woman was scooping Amala into their plate
I picked mine too and she asked how many?
I said merin which means four little scoop
I moved staright to the ewedu and gbegiri line, the soup was enough for up to 4 persons
Next was the stew and meat line
I did not bother to ask the guy the price cos I thought at all at all meat ll not pass 500
I collected one bokoto
Na so I say make I pay money o
I handed 1k note to the cashier and he demanded for More
Kilode?
He said those tiny scoops I thought was 50# is actually 100# and since I collected 4, the Amala is 400. Mogbe!
Meat nko
He said the meat is 1000
Na so I shout o
Eyo kuro o eni damu o
I no want
He gave me the option of assorted 500
I grudgely accepted and ended up eating 900 at a go
Was the food nice? Yes
Was I satisfied? Hell No
Will I return back? Yes if I get sponsor
Did I get food stuffs, yes only potatoes and crayfish
Moral lesson: Always ask questions, no matter how silly
It's your girl poshscents Ibadan �

Moral lesson
Ps: I rarely eat out

509 Likes 30 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Stallionhorse: 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2022
Last question..
Will you shiiit it out in the morning?? YES!
Will you go back to hustle for 2300??
Over to you!??
But my advice is that you double your hustle, your daily pay is not up to a plate of food some of us eat here in Lagos. So double up and don't complain we all have one life to life.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Tegabadguy(m): 3:52pm On Aug 22, 2022
Omawumi17:
Excitedly, I took a Keke from ojoo to bodija and to buy some food stuffs from the profit. At all at all na winch
I moved staright to the ewedu and gbegiri line, the soup was enough for up to 4 persons
I did not bother to ask the guy the price cos I thought at all at all meat ll not pass 500
I collected one bokoto
Kilode?
He said those tiny scoops I thought was 50# is actually 100# and since I collected 4, the Amala is 400. Mogbe!
Meat nko
He said the meat is 1000
Na so I shout o
Eyo kuro o eni damu o
I no want
Was the food nice? Yes
Was I satisfied? Hell No

Moral lesson
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by illicit(m): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2022
U should have asked

What is it's 200 per scoop and the gbegiri and ewedu is sold like in Iya Yusuf restaurant in Ilorin

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by ojun50(m): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Last question..
Over to you!??
But my advice is that you double your hustle, your daily pay is not up to a plate of food some of us eat here in Lagos. So double up and don't complain we all have one life to life.

Ma wa
Has for Op enjoy yr self, make this one dey use lagos buga like say you no see where to eat 1k or less food, wey big men self dey carry plate come buy

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Omawumi17(f): 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Last question..
Over to you!??
Hey ogbeni
Kilonshenle gangan

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Stallionhorse: 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2022
ojun50:

Ma wa
Has for Op enjoy yr self, make this one dey use lagos buga like say you no see where to eat 1k or less food, wey big men self dey carry plate come buy
where you choose to eat is your decision I'm only yelling you that if you work harder you can eat st better places that are more expensive. Don't come here and cry over 900naira spent in a local joint. While your mates are spending 20-40k on a plate of food without winking.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Ahmed0336(m): 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2022
Tufiakwaa!!!!!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by 2special(m): 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2022
Why not double your hustle instead of waiting for a sponsor/ Maga before visiting their again

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by youngsahito(m): 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2022
Omawumi17:
I collected one bokoto
Kilode?
Meat nko
He said the meat is 1000
Na so I shout o
Eyo kuro o eni damu o
I no want
Was the food nice? Yes
Was I satisfied? Hell No

Moral lesson
Ps: I rarely eat out
you can't spend ordinary #1500 on yourself and u galz will want a guy that will take u out to spend more than 20k on you. Make una dey fear God oooo!!! Say guyz dey try una no just want appreciate.

171 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by AOresources: 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2022
Stallionhorse:
where you choose to eat is your decision I'm only yelling you that if you work harder you can eat st better places that are more expensive. Don't come here and cry over 900naira spent in a local joint. While your mates are spending 20-40k on a plate of food without winking.

Alaye!! Be calming down..taiye and kehinde get different destiny..

This guy can be 10x better than you tomorrow..no be you give am life o.. No pronounce death sentence.. Speak life

129 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Lamanii22(f): 8:26am On Aug 23, 2022
grin grin grin for real ooo, always ask questions...

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by jonahhh: 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2022
Stallionhorse:

Ask yurself the right question, are you being realistic with yurself?

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by ImoleNaija: 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2022
OP, you would surely enjoy amala Iya Chukwuma, too. Her shop is located close to Ojoo. I can take you out to have the taste of her meals, if you wouldn't mind.

I moved straight to the ewedu and gbegiri line

Abula tongue

VlamesIffect:
THE REAL LEGENDS KNOW IYA META IN BODIJA

E be like say na her food e remain make I chop for Ibadan. I've been hearing about her since I got to Ibadan. Funnily, I've not felt hunger anytime I dey work around Bodija-UI axis.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Triangles1(m): 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2022
You're Obedient lady.
Buka everyday any day, just chose the clean environment
I worked in one big eatery, you would be scared to death if you see the innermost ktc.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by SouthSouth1914: 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2022
Send me your account lemme credit you the 2.3k you earned. Glad you enjoyed the food! Eat good food first, ask questions later! grin grin

PS: Nairalanders don’t quote me for free money. Thanks

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by PheelzAlmighty: 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2022
I miss Amala and ewedu.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by bigdammyj: 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2022
Noted.
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by IboHausaYoruba: 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2022
This is to show you how unfortunate the economy has dived. A better and strong Naira shouldn't cost more than 200 naira highest. Not that the food is expensive rather, Naira has so much depreciated to a very alarming rate.

25 Likes

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by LoveGifted(m): 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2022
I'm looking for a student Accomodation at Ijebu-ode, Ogun State.
Anyone near Omo Owo will be nice.
My contacts are on my profile.
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by NotKnown: 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2022
Okay na.

Even amala don cost.

Keep voting your oppressors in. You won't even see the amala some day.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Onnasucs1(m): 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2022
grin grin
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Neptunium(m): 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2022
undecided
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by eyinola: 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2022
That's how I ate fried rice and chicken in lekki yesterday when time reach to pay dem say na 4500 grin, I still dey think am since yesterday and worst part is ino belleful grin. Thank God say i gold my card

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by tellwisdom: 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2022
What is amala?
What is bokoto? Op, you need money for treatment or what??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by xpressionx(m): 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2022
Abuja amala is highly overrated.
Only 3 amala spots are the best.
There is one in kubwa that annoys me most,there amala is not even sweet,but their meat is more expensive the the finest amala spots in town.

I no sabi their adviser sef.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Ademola47(m): 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2022
Normal normal, Amala Skye is for big boys.

You'll see those UI Prof, politicians etc eating 4-5k food there at once.

They'll buy like 4 wraps of Pounded Yam or Black Amala (@200 each), then 2 'Ogunfe' meat or 'Panla osan', then 'bokoto'... before you know it, bill don enter like 4,750.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by walozanga(m): 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2022
One day in nairaland we will read someone's experience of cleaning his ass with a cassava leaf in the bush. (Front page indeed)

8 Likes

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by olyrayy(m): 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
illicit:
U should have asked

What is it's 200 per scoop and the gbegiri and ewedu is sold like in Iya Yusuf restaurant in Ilorin

This Iya Yusuf is so overhyped ehn.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Sablexxxtoons: 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
Anytime i get chance i dey always sample Ibadan swallow.. pundy and egusi wit goatmeat.. oya na

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Smith414: 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
Stallionhorse:
YOU'RE STEWPID

35 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 / What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? / Barber Drinks To Death In Lagos Over N10,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.