Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,863 members, 7,798,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan (44927 Views)

Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) / Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile / Guests Dragging Hot Amala At An Event Abroad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by New007: 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2022
Nice read. Don't mind the sadists.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Trill1(m): 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2022
Those saying double your hustle, abeg show her the way and stop the .....

Life is short indeed, enjoy

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by oliverwrites: 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2022
Omawumi17:
As a young hustler, I went to ojoo area in Ibadan to hustle
Luckily I was able to make 2300 naira profit
Excitedly, I took a Keke from ojoo to bodija and to buy some food stuffs from the profit. At all at all na winch
Unfortunately, the Keke dropped me in front of Amala skye �
I said to myself, babe, life is too short, enjoy small na
Na so I enter say make I spent 500 from the profit.
I saw people picking plate and a woman was scooping Amala into their plate
I picked mine too and she asked how many?
I said merin which means four little scoop
I moved staright to the ewedu and gbegiri line, the soup was enough for up to 4 persons
Next was the stew and meat line
I did not bother to ask the guy the price cos I thought at all at all meat ll not pass 500
I collected one bokoto
Na so I say make I pay money o
I handed 1k note to the cashier and he demanded for More
Kilode?
He said those tiny scoops I thought was 50# is actually 100# and since I collected 4, the Amala is 400. Mogbe!
Meat nko
He said the meat is 1000
Na so I shout o
Eyo kuro o eni damu o
I no want
He gave me the option of assorted 500
I grudgely accepted and ended up eating 900 at a go
Was the food nice? Yes
Was I satisfied? Hell No
Will I return back? Yes if I get sponsor
Did I get food stuffs, yes only potatoes and crayfish
Moral lesson: Always ask questions, no matter how silly
It's your girl poshscents Ibadan �

Moral lesson
Ps: I rarely eat out
DM me and I will take you to same spot to treat yourself. No sting attached. I am married with 3 kids. Alternatively DM me yourself details but you must video yourself enjoying yourself.

Country hard and helping each other is the way to go through this period.

Your story touched me as I ate there many times.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by NonsenseRubbish: 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2022
Just like you said , babe, life is short, enjoy your life small wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by LordErrk: 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
Stallionhorse:
where you choose to eat is your decision I'm only yelling you that if you work harder you can eat st better places that are more expensive. Don't come here and cry over 900naira spent in a local joint. While your mates are spending 20-40k on a plate of food without winking.

What the fxck is wrong with you?

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Impactech: 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
Omawumi17:
Excitedly, I took a Keke from ojoo to bodija and to buy some food stuffs from the profit. At all at all na winch
I moved staright to the ewedu and gbegiri line, the soup was enough for up to 4 persons
I did not bother to ask the guy the price cos I thought at all at all meat ll not pass 500
I collected one bokoto
Kilode?
He said those tiny scoops I thought was 50# is actually 100# and since I collected 4, the Amala is 400. Mogbe!
Meat nko
He said the meat is 1000
Na so I shout o
Eyo kuro o eni damu o
I no want
Was the food nice? Yes
Was I satisfied? Hell No

Moral lesson

Omo ibadan, kini show? Where do you stay in ib?
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by BigCowHornn: 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Last question..
Will you shiiit it out in the morning?? YES!
Will you go back to hustle for 2300??
Over to you!??
But my advice is that you double your hustle, your daily pay is not up to a plate of food some of us eat here in Lagos. So double up and don't complain we all have one life to life.

grin

She go just die of starvation here in Lekki

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by stevups(m): 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2022
#50 what? Ole, Are you not a Nigerian?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by hkunle71(m): 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2022
Soup wey sweet, nah money kill am... You got what you deserve

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by NonsenseRubbish: 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2022
Na Sabinus dey do this kind mistake , come dey ask how is the family ? grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Neoteny(m): 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2022
youngsahito:
you can't spend ordinary #1500 on yourself and u galz will want a guy that will take u out to spend more than 20k on you. Make una dey fear God oooo!!! Say guyz dey try una no just want appreciate.

Underrated comment
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by julybaba(m): 7:07pm On Aug 24, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Minjim: 7:07pm On Aug 24, 2022
Last week I ate Amala at "Shanawole" at Iwo Road.
I took Ogunfe for 700 with three scoops of amala at 300.

Amala is quite expensive in Ibadan if you eat at busy areas like Bodija and Iwo Road

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by NozinoGroup: 7:07pm On Aug 24, 2022
oliverwrites:
DM me and I will take you to same spot to treat yourself. No sting attached. I am married with 3 kids. Alternatively DM me yourself details but you must video yourself enjoying yourself.

Can’t you see how stupid you’re ? You want her to video herself eating on top wetin? Goat!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by 123readygo: 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2022
Lol
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by melody91: 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2022
oliverwrites:

because of Amala 2k u go buy.. u dey feel fly... Orishirishi...
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by febble: 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2022
Amala skye, all the way

1 Like

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by twinskenny(m): 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2022
Omawumi17:
I collected one bokoto
Kilode?
Meat nko
He said the meat is 1000
Na so I shout o
Eyo kuro o eni damu o
I no want
Was the food nice? Yes
Was I satisfied? Hell No

Moral lesson

i guess the meat is goat meat?
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Cantonese: 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2022
Omawumi17:
I collected one bokoto
Kilode?
Meat nko
He said the meat is 1000
Na so I shout o
Eyo kuro o eni damu o
I no want
Was the food nice? Yes
Was I satisfied? Hell No

Moral lesson

Abeg no vex.

You be MUNTULA!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Emeka71(m): 7:12pm On Aug 24, 2022
Serve me.
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Maconstruct(m): 7:12pm On Aug 24, 2022
I dey always 4 get try this Amala n Ewedu.
GBE-GI-RI!!! grin grin grin
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by ThierryJay: 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
Very funny. The way you write reminds me of one lady moniker that used to write on Nairaland about her funny daily hustle experiences like 3 to 4 years ago. Can't remember the name but I think it starts with D or N and has "girl" inside. Lots of peeps enjoyed her write ups and encouraged her to go professional in writing.

Unfortunately she has disappeared for some time now from here. If you recall who I'm talking about please remind me of the name.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Ayobeck(m): 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
If u eat dis type of food for alhajah dat is a populary name called at ilesha beside international brewery plc Omo,e no reach dat money u pay,u go eat n satisfy.i missed ilesha

A plot of land for sale situated opposite owode estate near apata ibadan interested pple should message me on WhatsApp nos 08148316840

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Chopcy29: 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
Don’t worry I go sponsor next time

But you go still sponsor me back when we get home
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by VlamesIffect(f): 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
THE REAL LEGENDS KNOW IYA META IN BODIJA

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by iykepromotions: 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
2special:
Why not double your hustle instead of waiting for a sponsor/ Maga before visiting their again
very good advice @OP, you can actually be sponsoring yourself to there if you double or triple your hustle by simply dyversifying. The prices are OK.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by papiilo(m): 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
SouthSouth1914:
Send me your account lemme credit you the 2.3k you earned. Glad you enjoyed the food! Eat good food first, ask questions later! grin grin

PS: Nairalanders don’t quote me for free money. Thanks
boss make I see 1k to buy garri pls
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Antoeni(m): 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ladies , Flat Tummy Won't Matter in Heaven!
Abeg Eat Well Ooo

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by legitkenkel: 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
xpressionx:
Abuja amala is highly overrated.
Only 3 amala spots are the best.
There is one in kubwa that annoys me most,there amala is not even sweet,but their meat is more expensive the the finest amala spots in town.

I no sabi their adviser sef.
the amala at kubwa doesn't taste as good as that of iya uyo at wuye

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by fman(m): 7:16pm On Aug 24, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Last question..
Will you shiiit it out in the morning?? YES!
Will you go back to hustle for 2300??
Over to you!??
But my advice is that you double your hustle, your daily pay is not up to a plate of food some of us eat here in Lagos. So double up and don't complain we all have one life to life.
how much do u make daily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by oliverwrites: 7:16pm On Aug 24, 2022
melody91:
because of Amala 2k u go buy.. u dey feel fly... Orishirishi...
Some of you are just retards. And I don't blame you, you are probably one idiot who hasn't seen life. Tw*t like you don't even know the plan I have for her.

Someone once gave me 40 naira that changed my life as it was millions to me then. With your pathetic attitude you won't go far in life. Didirin.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by HEBEI: 7:16pm On Aug 24, 2022
I love Amala.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 / See The Onion I Bought #120 Today / Costing Of Rice For 200 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.