Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

ASUU: Strike Update - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: Strike Update (1493 Views)

ASUU strike update / ASUU Strike Update: ASUU To Announce Continuation Or Suspension Today. / ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU: Strike Update by edogu(m): 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2022
The following universities have voted for the continuation of the strike action:
University of PortHarcourt
FUTMINNA
Gombe State University.
Federal University Gusau (FUGUS
)
Most Universities will hold their Congress tomorrow to vote on whether to suspend or continue with the strike.

1 Share

Re: ASUU: Strike Update by Ebubu: 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2022
They should prepare ahead for ASUU proscription.

Only una, final year students have been in final year since last two years.

Una never admit last year jamb candidates or this year jamb candidates and you want to continue strike while asking the salaries during your strike to be paid.

You are not a serious union at all

Where is CONUA, they should advertise registration and let lecturers willing to teach return to lecture halls, few privileged can’t keep students ransom for several months.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Strike Update by JJuanMiguel: 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2022
edogu:
The following universities have voted for the continuation of the strike action:
University of PortHarcourt
FUTMINNA
Gombe State University.
Most Universities will hold their Congress tomorrow to vote on whether to suspend or continue with the strike.
Gombe state university?

Re: ASUU: Strike Update by edogu(m): 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Gombe state university?
As you can see from the upload, Gombe State University ASUU branch voted for continuation.
Re: ASUU: Strike Update by DevilSignature: 8:04pm On Aug 22, 2022
grin

I know University of Port Harcourt must vote for continuation of the strike
Re: ASUU: Strike Update by edogu(m): 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2022
Update on the ongoing strike

FUNNAB
OOU
UNILAG
BUK
UNIUYO
UNIBEN
UNIMAID
FUDMA
UDUS
FUDMA
FUD
TASUED
MOUAU
UNN

The above mentioned universities, all voted for the continuation of the strike. In the case of MOUAU, it was resolved that the strike should be indefinite.
Re: ASUU: Strike Update by Emmamay10: 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
In a nutshell, should we say there is no end in sight to this strike?
Re: ASUU: Strike Update by edogu(m): 7:26pm On Aug 23, 2022
Emmamay10:
In a nutshell, should we say there is no end in sight to this strike?
Yes! Infact, the strike just started.
Re: ASUU: Strike Update by Filly3(f): 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2022
Indeed there was a country!
Re: ASUU: Strike Update by BeardGangJnr1(m): 9:35am On Aug 24, 2022
I dey wait for UNN own undecided
That school dey show men shege cry
Re: ASUU: Strike Update by edogu(m): 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2022
Strike Update

Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi voted for the continuation of the strike.
Re: ASUU: Strike Update by KimFab: 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
I dey wait for UNN own undecided
That school dey show men shege cry

They voted for continuation of the strike.
Re: ASUU: Strike Update by Stan2330(m): 5:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
Most state Universities are withdrawing from the strike with some resuming from 29th
I wonder how students from their federal counterparts will feel about this
Re: ASUU: Strike Update by edogu(m): 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
Stan2330:
Most state Universities are withdrawing from the strike with some resuming from 29th
I wonder how students from their federal counterparts will feel about this
Some did so hoping that the strike will be called off. Take for instance, ABSU was supposed to resume on 29th like you said, but I heard that the students were told to excercise a little patient. May be they are waiting for the NEC meeting on Sunday to decide fully. There's no point asking the students to resume only to ask them to go home.
Re: ASUU: Strike Update by Stan2330(m): 5:51pm On Aug 24, 2022
edogu:

Some did so hoping that the strike will be called off. Take for instance, ABSU was supposed to resume on 29th like you said, but I heard that the students were told to excercise a little patient. May be they are waiting for the NEC meeting on Sunday to decide fully. There's no point asking the students to resume only to ask them to go home.
Kebbi state uni released memo today that school should resume on 29th

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Strike Update by Emmamay10: 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2022
with this voting pattern, we can preempt that the ASUU NEC meeting that is coming up next week could lead to indefinite strike.
Re: ASUU: Strike Update by JJuanMiguel: 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2022
edogu:

The outcome of the NEC meeting is predictable.
Many state universities never joined in the strike in the first place, so it's normal for more to pull out of the strike.
Re: ASUU: Strike Update by edogu(m): 9:10pm On Aug 24, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

The outcome of the NEC meeting is predictable.
Many state universities never joined in the strike in the first place, so it's normal for more to pull out of the strike.
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get Admission For Pgd In The Uk / The Nigerian Army Dss/ssc Form 2010 / Important Info Oau Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.