Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria (1763 Views)

How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria / Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? / How Much It Cost To Build An App Like Uber Or Spotify (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by mic360(m): 6:13am On Aug 24, 2022
guys, am looking to start an ecommerce business that will most likely require a mobile application to grow the business quickly.
I need to know how much it will cost me pls
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by Maclink288: 8:17am On Aug 24, 2022
mic360:
guys, am looking to start an ecommerce business that will most likely require a mobile application to grow the business quickly.

I'd advise you budget nothing less than 2m.
To design and develop an e commerce platform is quite expensive, however I'm a UI/UX designer incase you wish to set up a team.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by youngpresidooo: 8:28am On Aug 24, 2022
mic360:

chat me up on Whatsapp 09036444724
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by Macheque: 8:32am On Aug 24, 2022
I am a mobile app developer, I can develop the ecommerce app.
I have experience in flutter to develop app for Android iOS and Web with just single code base
There is a lot to put in place before you can know how much it will cost
1. UI/UX
2. Backend
The mobile app developer cost is nothing less than 1Million excluding the 2 above cost
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by bassdow: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2022
mic360:

Anywhere from 50,000 naira to as much as over 1-Million naira .

See eh, you didn't state if you would be going fully Custom or utilize an existing framework / CMS

I often advice and suggest keeping cost low till you have genuine reason to spend more at product inception.

Any money you spend now for a web and/or mobile app should just be enough to deliver the most minimal viable requirements enough to launch to the market.

A properly developed Mobile responsive website should get you going long enough for you to be super sure your business stands before going for a mobile App.

Also be mindful of those who might contact you saying they could do it for a lot less (e.g 20,000 naira and slightly above) even if they show you samples.
There are different categories / types of Mobile apps. And if you don't know, might end up getting a web view or something similar in place of a mobile app.

And how much you spend is no guarantee you would always get something good

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2022
bassdow:

See eh, you didn't state if you would be going fully Custom or utilize an existing framework / CMS

I often advice and suggest keeping cost low till you have genuine reason to spend more at product inception.

Any money you spend now for a web and/or mobile app should just be enough to deliver the most minimal viable requirements enough to launch to the market.

A properly developed Mobile responsive website should get you going long enough for you to be super sure your business stands before going for a mobile App.

Also be mindful of those who might contact you saying they could do it for a lot less (e.g 20,000 naira and slightly above) even if they show you samples.
There are different categories / types of Mobile apps. And if you don't know, might end up getting a web view or something similar in place of a mobile app.

How about using one of the major eCommerce backends like Prestashop or (for the really courageous) Magento and customizing their already existing mobile apps?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by bassdow: 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2022
airsaylongcome:

How about using one of the major eCommerce backends like Prestashop or (for the really courageous) Magento and customizing their already existing mobile apps?

My comment above touched on that already.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by mic360(m): 6:58am On Aug 30, 2022
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by mic360(m): 7:03am On Aug 30, 2022
Maclink288:

I'd advise you budget nothing less than 2m.
To design and develop an e commerce platform is quite expensive, however I'm a UI/UX designer incase you wish to set up a team.

Actually my budget is 5m, i'll look into setting up a team.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by Maclink288: 8:06am On Aug 30, 2022
mic360:

Okay. I could function as a UI/UX designer as part of your team. My Portfolio is on my signature.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2022
mic360:

RIP to your inbox

5 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by Maclink288: 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2022
airsaylongcome:

RIP to your inbox
True talk oh... most people would be flooding the guy's inbox right now grin cheesy
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by Zabiboy: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2022
airsaylongcome:

RIP to your inbox
grin
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
OP, there's more to an e-commerce business than just having a backend and an app. There's warehousing and the whole supply chain end. There's logistics. There's payments. There's reverse logistics (returned or unaccepted goods). I hope you have a plan in place for all.of this

5 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by mic360(m): 1:41am On Aug 31, 2022
bassdow:

Thanks can you explain the bolded part. Thanks once again
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by mic360(m): 1:44am On Aug 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:
OP, there's more to an e-commerce business than just having a backend and an app. There's warehousing and the whole supply chain end. There's logistics. There's payments. There's reverse logistics (returned or unaccepted goods). I hope you have a plan in place for all.of this

Ok, i didn't think of this.

That's why i also considered an agency, i have no knowledge of all the things you mentioned
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by SirLakes: 6:42am On Aug 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

RIP to your inbox

grin cheesy
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 9:21am On Aug 31, 2022
mic360:

Ok, i didn't think of this.

That's why i also considered an agency, i have no knowledge of all the things you mentioned

I’d advise you to step back and do a proper business plan before diving in. eCommerce is a cesspit and a minefield that has "killed" many investors. Cost of returns alone if not properly factored can kill the business. Nigerians are notorious and can order a product from you and swap it with a fake which they return for refunds. Products can get lost in transit which must be catered for. Think carefully. The software end of it is just a tool. The business plan has to be solid

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by Fourpockets: 9:43am On Aug 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I’d advise you to step back and do a proper business plan before diving in. eCommerce is a cesspit and a minefield that has "killed" many investors. Cost of returns alone if not properly factored can kill the business. Nigerians are notorious and can order a product from you and swap it with a fake which they return for refunds. Products can get lost in transit which must be catered for. Think carefully. The software end of it is just a tool. The business plan has to be solid

Perfect advice honestly, I heard that even jumia wasn't making profit in their first 3 years,
@ original poster, don't allow anybody to collect your money o, the 5m alone could finish from just doing YouTube ads,

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by mic360(m): 8:32pm On Aug 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Definately, Thanks
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by bassdow: 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

To add to this, there's JiJi (who bought & Killed OLX) to contend with.

Bottom-line is, it's workable BUT you need know what you doing.

The Likes of Konga, Jumia, etc didn't make profit for years. Forget about all the glittery ADs and perceptions you see.

For a start, get a readymade responsive CMS website (and optionally make modifications to it if you want) and focus on doing the hard part - getting leads / making sales.

There's more to it than a (fancy) website / app.

When it's time to upgrade your website and/or app, you would know.

Don't make the mistake of thinking a fancy looking website would get the sales rolling. If it were that easy, a...

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 10:47pm On Aug 31, 2022
bassdow:

To add to this, there's JiJi (who bought & Killed OLX) to contend with.

Bottom-line is, it's workable BUT you need know what you doing.

The Likes of Konga, Jumia, etc didn't make profit for years. Forget about all the glittery ADs and perceptions you see.

For a start, get a readymade responsive CMS website (and optionally make modifications to it if you want) and focus on doing the hard part - getting leads / making sales.

There's more to it than a (fancy) website / app.

When it's time to upgrade your website and/or app, you would know.

Don't make the mistake of thinking a fancy looking website would get the sales rolling. If it were that easy, a...

Are Jumia or Konga even profitable now? Those two made so much losses it's surprising they are still in Business. Yudala bought Konga and Yudala itself was struggling

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Are Jumia or Kong even profitable now? Those two made so much losses it's surprising they are still in Business. Yudala bought Konga and Yudala itself was struggling

They arent. It's funded by investors. It took amazon almost 12 years to generate profit and that's in the USA.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by niel63(m): 3:08am On Sep 01, 2022
Lol... op say agency. grin grin grin wait until you can't pay them anymore.

If you're really desperate to set things rolling, still managing expenditure... start minimal, then scale.

But if you get mind sha, do what you need to do.

There's no 1 route to success. While you wait, there's just a thousand and one folks out there hoping to jump into the ecommerce ecosystem in 9ja and most of them na funds dey delay them.

Just ensure your business model is put in place, then follow up with either magento or cs-cart... you see those 2 ehn, they will set you rolling right (ah... person don do things o)... and when you're doing fine, you can scale and go all custom.

But then, what do I know.
Sha no waste your time thinking.... also, no waste your money on the wrong team.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by niel63(m): 3:17am On Sep 01, 2022
Macheque:
I am a mobile app developer, I can develop the ecommerce app.
I have experience in flutter to develop app for Android iOS and Web with just single code base
There is a lot to put in place before you can know how much it will cost
1. UI/UX
2. Backend
The mobile app developer cost is nothing less than 1Million excluding the 2 above cost

This here is why I often ask potential clients their budget. You actually under quoted him because most Nigerians hardly pay for actually services.

When I ask a person of their budget, they often feel uneasy but they don't know I'm trying to help them. You can't expect a dev to spin up some serious backend env, even as far as building out both graphql and rest apis and scattering reactjs on the frontend with a budget of 1million.
And when they give you actual cost of implementation based on request, you say they are expensive.
Dude, he asked your budget for a reason. Some jobs, an already existing platform would do just fine. But again, what do we know? This is Nigeria. See how we living now? grin grin grin singing.... childish gambino refix by falz the badt guy!!!

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Design An Ecommerce App In Nigeria by mic360(m): 2:21am On Sep 17, 2022
niel63:
Lol... op say agency. grin grin grin wait until you can't pay them anymore.

If you're really desperate to set things rolling, still managing expenditure... start minimal, then scale.

But if you get mind sha, do what you need to do.

There's no 1 route to success. While you wait, there's just a thousand and one folks out there hoping to jump into the ecommerce ecosystem in 9ja and most of them na funds dey delay them.

Just ensure your business model is put in place, then follow up with either magento or cs-cart... you see those 2 ehn, they will set you rolling right (ah... person don do things o)... and when you're doing fine, you can scale and go all custom.

But then, what do I know.
Sha no waste your time thinking.... also, no waste your money on the wrong team.

Thanks Bro

(1) (Reply)

Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding / Help Integrating Moneywave(fluterwave) API Using Php And Curl / Pls I Need Help With This Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.