Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) (43909 Views)

Mention A Line From A Popular Song & Someone Will Tell You The Name Of The Song / Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face / Apple's Siri: Davido's Blow My Mind Is Most Popular Song In The World - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by sprints1: 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2022
Nemesis08:
Which one be 90s song? This song was released either 2001 or 2002
Oga u know remember say then before things reach us e dey tey the song was in the nineties but we jammed it in late 90s till 2000s. Even some movies released then na like after 3 to 4 years we dey see the VHS am talking of the 90s oo

9 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by GoAndVerify: 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
Nemesis08:
Which one be 90s song? This song was released either 2001 or 2002

That song came out in 1999.

1 Like

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by sylve11: 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
Back then.... grin cool
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Ishilove: 4:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
He sang with the spirit of the ancient storytellers.

A timeless classic

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by adioolayi(m): 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2022
Ha...na the meaning be this

Jesus!!!

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by mystery22: 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2022
I really love this song then and up till now jam it once in a while...A forever classic..
Never knew the meaning untill sometime back when I started hearing some french.

3 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by uglodoh(f): 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2022
The funniest lyrics I have ever listened to.

4 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by ArchyDesmond(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
madjune:
A certain word from the tune rings in my ears as "NEPA". It still does.

I don't know if I'm the only one that hears that.

Strangely, this was in 2000 at my corper's lodge, anytime the song played on air...not too long after, NEPA would take light.

Hahahaha.... grin that's creppy though

1 Like

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by MartinsD12(m): 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2022
Macsjebs:
Guys, stumbled upon this video on TikTok and mhen! I can't believe this is an 'heartbreak song'

Funny how we loved and danced to it and we didn't even care about the meaning cheesy. This music and awilo were played in almost all Birthday parties then.

Watch video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAeSa9rn588
Wow indomie generation will not understand this song , when this song came out cassette tape audio and VHS video tapes where still reigning then , i remember buying the cassette record rocking it with my father old skul iron radioi was in primary 5 then grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by eniteden(m): 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2022
Can't believe it, and i danec this song like say i won die without even knowing the meaning grin grin
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Daniel058(m): 4:47pm On Sep 02, 2022
Lol
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by AfroKnight: 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2022
So this is the meaning of this song cheesy cheesy

Let me dedicate this song to my babes, Magnoliaa and Persephone1.

2 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Trueprophet91: 4:51pm On Sep 02, 2022
taretoofine:
wait so, nagrenagrewa
Means na craz dey work u grin

Vawulezzz

That's my funniest revelation in this video grin

2 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by SmartyPants(m): 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2022
GreatrAnalyst:
Wow...
Nostalgia.
This song birthed so many other things, including many Gospel songs adaptation with the beats also.

Worthy of note.
The word 'lepa' used for slim person(lady/girl) came from this song.

Are you sure?

Coz he's not saying lepa..he is saying n'est pas

1 Like

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by NJV: 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
abobote:
The truth is that if you know about girls very well, you will expect the worse and will never be heart broken.

They are scavengers
They are parasite
They are opportunist
They are selfish
They are self centered

Infact they are all useless, including my wife

Oga pls exercise some self control.
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by BeanmanX(m): 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
More reason why you're wrong

Gauo was released in late 99/2000
The movie below was done in the 90s
Omo this movie reign back then oh "call me lepa shandy". cheesy
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by sunnedee2: 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2022
Thank you op!

2 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
I remember this song .. didn't know twas a heart break story telling song

Op, thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by cayorday89(m): 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2022
GreatrAnalyst:

I am too sure you are the one who is wrong.

If you indeed know the language you mentioned, you would know that 'lepa' is a modern day word/slogan, not an old indigenous word. About mid 90s, this word wasn't even known or used, not even for slim person. Go figure.
Opposite of 'lepa' is 'Orobo', do you also know the song/singer who also brought about orobo mainstream usage and adoption to describe someone on the fatty side?
It's true that new words are being coined and added on the daily to lingo and local dialect, but also note that some have been around longer to know the origin and difference in the adapted and original root word.
The guy below is very right, lepa I knew about in the 90s, even orobo was far back beyond your stated period.

phemmyfour:
More reason why you're wrong

Gauo was released in late 99/2000
The movie below was done in the 90s

On point boss, immediately I saw his comment, I remembered this lepa chandy movie in the 90s, though I never saw the movie but I know because we were still in our old house and Gaou became a hit when we packed to our new house.

3 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Adeoye11(m): 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
Omoor*1million.
I listened to this song like damn, even danced to it in competition for pop corn.
Omoor but it's time to make it trend once more.
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
AfroKnight:
So this is the meaning of this song cheesy cheesy

Let me dedicate this song to my babes, Magn oliaa and Persep hone1.
I am dancing right now watching the video grin
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by FavouredNK: 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
Pls who knows the name of the artist and the song title? Help pls
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Erotex(m): 5:13pm On Sep 02, 2022
Amazing � just what am going through in life after having problem in my business. God i believe so much in u, you won't bring me this far and forsake me, for you are a loving father who wouldn't give his child a stone when he ask for bread. Please ���

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by ruggedtimi(m): 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
Moneyboyz:
Now that I can see the translation it makes more sense.
Thank you.
swears..
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2022
That's Premiere gaou (1st gaou)
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Aytiny15: 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2022
Last Last in disguise.

1 Like

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Osariemen12: 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2022
One more thing in your translation: alocco is a street name for beans. Ask anyone who have been to Abidjan.
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Uchedeformula: 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2022
Wow!
Rocked this song so well in the late 90s/2000, never knew the meaning until now. Thank you op.

I laughed at the point 'Antou' requested for bbq chicken..........

3 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by JJuanMiguel: 5:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
This guy get bad word for mouth grin
He talk say fork no go do her say na rake she go use cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by tojahh(m): 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2022
Antou no fear even request for Barbeque?

Baba say na full elephant him go give am make she relax. cheesy

Antou after licking her breakfast in mix feeling.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by justiniyke29: 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
This brings back memories, late 90's.
lol never knew the meaning. Baba said if she goes konji will finish him. No be fork na rake

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Celine Dion's Husband Angelili Is Dead / Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube / Youtube Rewind 2019: The Most Watched Music Videos In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.