Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,465 members, 7,781,347 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:54 PM

The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) (43756 Views)

Mention A Line From A Popular Song & Someone Will Tell You The Name Of The Song / Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face / Apple's Siri: Davido's Blow My Mind Is Most Popular Song In The World - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by JJuanMiguel: 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2022
FavouredNK:
Pls who knows the name of the artist and the song title? Help pls
Magic system : premier gauo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by azpekuliar: 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2022
Macsjebs:
Guys, stumbled upon this video on TikTok and mhen! I can't believe this is an 'heartbreak song'

Funny how we loved and danced to it and we didn't even care about the meaning cheesy. This music and awilo were played in almost all Birthday parties then.

Watch video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAeSa9rn588

This is 'Gaou' by Magic System. Yes it was huge hit across Africa. It was released in 2000/01 not any '90s.

1 Like

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by azpekuliar: 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
More reason why you're wrong

Gauo was released in late 99/2000
The movie below was done in the 90s

2000/01.
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by karlboss: 5:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
Mad oh this one burst my head
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by kazyhm(m): 5:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
No wonder I like the song back then
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Alsakinah: 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
Please in what language was this song?
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Badgers14: 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2022
Macsjebs:

As in, not to mention the way he 'fired' the girl grin
The guy go sabi vawulence o grin

The guy was a legendary comrade!

3 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by kazyhm(m): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
GreatrAnalyst:

I am too sure you are the one who is wrong.

If you indeed know the language you mentioned, you would know that 'lepa' is a modern day word/slogan, not an old indigenous word. About mid 90s, this word wasn't even known or used, not even for slim person. Go figure.
Opposite of 'lepa' is 'Orobo', do you also know the song/singer who also brought about orobo mainstream usage and adoption to describe someone on the fatty side?
It's true that new words are being coined and added on the daily to lingo and local dialect, but also note that some have been around longer to know the origin and difference in the adapted and original root word.

Arrogance won't let you grow.

Lepa, orobo were meaningful Yoruba world.

2 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Ebelefrancis123: 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hahaha...
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by achorladey: 6:17pm On Sep 02, 2022
So na heartbreak song. Chai!!! Despite those song lyrics wey dey around those times inside small small books dem sey sell that time. Nobody get to know sey na heartbreak song. grin grin grin
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by ElBenny(m): 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2022
Beautiful
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Freelane33(m): 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2022
phemmyfour:

You be correct og
Yomi fashlanso Dey the movie
grin
His name should be jendo in the movie
Hin do sporting waves for head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by anayolity: 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2022
I just downloaded this song last weekend...wow
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by shigo04: 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2022
Shey shia gahu di e lata oo......lol.....My OG's in Ib those dayz really rock this song....Not bad for the weekend too cos I am dancing already.
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Philomath1212: 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2022
Chai...
I remembered when I dey school...
My crush dey dance this song like anything...
She's a good dancer...
Now she's in UK now, enjoying life with another man...
Though we didn't know the meaning of the song but I wish I can play it for her again now...

2 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by IceColdVeins(m): 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2022
phemmyfour:

That guy is confidently yarning dust. grin

1 Like

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by egunna(m): 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2022
BeanmanX:
Cool song...I remember vividly how we were dancing to this song back in the early 2000's,,,Magic system,,awilo logomba and the rest..we careless about the lyrics though or what it means,,na the beat and rhyme they enter body wotowoto.... grin
no birthday waa complete then without htis song.can we just go back to those years?nothing like kidnapping,insurgency,yahoo yahoo.Nigeria was better then man.

5 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by StUriah(m): 6:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
Women will always avoid unsuccessful men no matter how good their intentions can be.

No wonder, successful men always have their ways with women no matter how classy and sophisticated they could be.

In all you do, 'get money'.

4 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by popes001: 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
Wow... I could sing this song from A-Z back then. Didn't know it held so much meaning. Stupid girls still roaming the face of the earth till now.

3 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by venabili: 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
IceColdVeins:

That guy is confidently yarning dust. grin

Lols, quick search on wiki.

Lepa shandy came out 2002, gauo was recorded in 1999

He wasnt saying "lepa" either. Lepa is a yoruba word. Its been in vogue b4 the song.

"n'est pas gaou oh"

4 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by dabigwalls: 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
I play this every year. Almost every year in sure.

Magic System - the days of Naraguta, UJ
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Badgers14: 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
What I find very funny is that most comments on this thread are from guys.. grin grin
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by frozen70(f): 7:29pm On Sep 02, 2022
Macsjebs:
Guys, stumbled upon this video on TikTok and mhen! I can't believe this is an 'heartbreak song'

Funny how we loved and danced to it and we didn't even care about the meaning cheesy. This music and awilo were played in almost all Birthday parties then.

Watch video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAeSa9rn588

You see this music with Awilo music too

You must dance or shake body Wether you like it or not

Even if you are depressed at that time you must listen to it

It was a fantastic and wonderful music then

1 Like

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by uglodoh(f): 7:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
FavouredNK:
Pls who knows the name of the artist and the song title? Help pls
Magic system
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
First fool is not a fool....the second fool is the real fool.

More like....
He who laugh last, laugh best
more like "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

3 Likes

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by uglodoh(f): 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2022
venabili:

Lols, quick search on wiki.

Lepa shandy came out 2002, gauo was recorded in 1999

He wasnt saying "lepa" either. Lepa is a yoruba word. Its been in vogue b4 the song.

"n'est pas gaou oh"
Lepa is a Yoruba word meaning to gum or join together. It became a slang for describing slim girls after that film was released because of the slim nature of the girl that acted.
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Kay25(m): 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
Yes oo I tried all means to get to know the meaning back then could not find it even my french teacher didn't know it

1 Like

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by muhyeenisce(m): 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I still love this song till date. The beat na blast. Even Tope Alabi had to remix it grin
Yes oooo oba mimo mimo mimo mowa so pe ooo ah �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by uglodoh(f): 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2022
kazyhm:

Arrogance won't let you grow.

Lepa, orobo were meaningful Yoruba world.
They were Yoruba words but were not used to decribe slim and fat girls. Orobo became slang for describing fat girls after pasuma sang " orobokibo". Before then we were using "apati and bantu". Lepa became a slang for describing slim girls after that film was released because of the slim nature of the girl. Then slim girls were described with "opelenge". If you listen to old Fuji and juju musics, opelenge was to describe slim girls.

I doubt if the orobo is an indigenous Yoruba word. Though I am not Yoruba.
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by idpompe: 8:34pm On Sep 02, 2022
I remember a CD mix that had this song,Cisco and Craig David.
Re: The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) by Passionate1(m): 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
I love hearing old songs I used to love.
They are like memories u can always go back to. .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

D’banj’s Manager To Olamide: 'Stop Stealing Our Songs' / "No Shishi For Bribe" - 2Baba, Falz, Pasuma, Simi, Mr. P, Timi, Slimcase etc / Celine Dion's Husband Angelili Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.