Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos (17149 Views)

EndSARS: Mike Okiro Urges Tinubu To Declare October 20 National Freedom Day / Al-Mustapha: 56 People Eating Nigeria Like Termites / Aisha Buhari, Titi Atiku Abubakar, Mike Okiro To Grace ASO Outstanding Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by ogbonti: 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2022
Okoroawusa:

I can see that you didn't understand my comment....byeeee

i can see you reason with your anus, you can kiss my a ss
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Ayk8: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2022
Quest7777:

Just like saying a 50yr old Ronaldo will win Champions League for Manchester United just like he did for Real Madrid. cheesy

Look, the bat is far past his prime & is suffering from Parkinsonism & Amnesia. He will just turn Aso Rock into an Old People's Retirement Home with over half of his tenure spent abroad on Medical Tourism.

&why would any sane & patriotic citizen desire a President like this...?

Why would any sane & patriotic citizen desire a LIAR and INCAPABLE person of OBI as our President
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Ayk8: 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
Kehinderichard:
O yes like Lagos filled with refuse dump left right and centre. A state full of opportunities but where lawlessness thrives.

So na HEAVEN fill am You be fool! No be YOU AND YOUR FAMILY COME DIRTY LAGOS. I keep saying it, The reason you keep saying Lagos is dirty is because You can't maintain your environment. YOU lack maintenance culture just like your forefathers who brought you to the CITY OF LAGOS. ingrate!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by GodsOwnMan: 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2022
Where is the police commissioner under Peter Obi? Nobody who worked for him has come out to say he anything positive cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by MyAmericandream(f): 3:15pm On Aug 27, 2022
H100:
When people say Lagos is fixed, I just wonder how much more ignorance they’ll have to display to ascertain their stupidity level.

Lagos is not a yardstick

Honestly, it baffles me too. During Tinubu tenure, my classroom had no window, when it rained , part of the class will be flooded with water. I use my school bag as chair. When fashola became governor he performed far better than T.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by kayyk(m): 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2022
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Wwwq: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2022
Liars
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2022
Tinubu is stressing his self..
rest ...
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by IbileIfe: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2022
Beremx:
Lagos was already fixed before Tinubu migrated from Iragbiji in Osun State to Lagos.
Is Mike Okiro high on hard drugs? Well, his opinion on Tinubu will only earn his only one vote. Nigerians are following the Obidient movement
Mugu, you don't know Lagos.
So, shut up.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by rusher14: 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2022
Nosa111:
majority of the infrastructure you think Tinubu built are not from Tinubu government alone. Before Tinubu came in, we have investors who are already investing and supporting the government at free will. Make whona rest, Tinubu did nothing.

Why didn't they do so in Anambra?
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by rusher14: 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2022
MyAmericandream:

Honestly, it baffles me too. During Tinubu tenure, my classroom had no window, when it rained , part of the class will be flooded with water. I use my school bag as chair. When fashola became governor he performed far better than T.

Of course.

You expected that to happen overnight.

By the way, how many years did you spend in high school?
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Softmirror: 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2022
Throwback:

What about Peter Obi's declining senility?

Has the Semifinalist found a cure in the churches he has been searching for signs and wonders?

Get him to the doctor fast.

BIKO!

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by rusher14: 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

I have wondered why the Igbos who hate Tinubu hate him.

Tinubu was fair to everyone as governor of Lagos state. In fact, he was the one who truly made Lagos feel like a no man's land. His cabinet was cosmopolitan, hence why he appears to have beneficiaries in every tribe, including the current Emir of Katsina.

Why do these Igbos hate Tinubu?

The man even had an Igbo man holding an influential post in his cabinet for 8 solid years.

Igbos don't like anyone that is clever and not from their tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by MyAmericandream(f): 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2022
rusher14:

Of course.

You expected that to happen overnight.

By the way, how many years did you spend in high school?

What are you trying to insinuate now? I left high school a longtime ago before Fashola emerge as the governor of Lagos state.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by MyAmericandream(f): 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2022
rusher14:

Igbos don't like anyone that is clever and not from their tribe.

If both tribe can’t live together in peace they should just disintegrate and let everybody go their separate ways. The hate is so much. I know what I went through in high school from yorubas.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by bigfish3k: 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Me? How Can? I Chop Winch Àbí I Dey Craze?

How can I queue behind a man who did NOT employ a single teacher in Anambra in 8 years and leave a man under whose leadership teachers were kings and Queens in Lagos? I craze?

How can I stand with a man with no single investment in Anambra in 8 years and jettison a man with several investments in Lagos? I ma*d?

How can I support a man under whose leadership State medical doctors went into strike action for 13 months leaving a man who e'en built more medical facilities in Lagos? Dem swear for me?

How can I run after a man whose name appeared in the list of corrupt politicians outside the country (Pandora papers) and leave a man with no single conviction? Mo ya wèrè ni?

How can I gravitate towards a man whose driver was caught with N250m he was trying to launder for him and leave a man with clean bill of slate in Lagos? Nígbàtí mi kìí se òdè.

How can I canvass support for a man who refused to pay salaries of workers of State Water Corporation Board for 7 years leaving over 200 of them to die in penury and abandon a man whose workers' welfare was a top priority? I no well?

How can I advocate for a man under whose leadership unwarranted killings (Akwuzu SARS) was rife and ignore a man with many firsts and milestones? I sick?

How can I evangelise politically for a man under whose leadership the State University in Awka went on 6-month strike action and forget a man who even donated N1B to the State University recently to further develop it? I drank Mpkurumiri ni?

How can I, in my sane state of mind drum support for a man who's been exporting job opportunities outside Nigeria in o'er 30 years by importing groceries and wines, devaluing our Naira and run down a man who invested heavily in the economy with many families � drawing their living standard from their? Mo fa'gbó yó ni?

How on earth can anyone tell me to leave gold for 'panda' àbí na Pandora?

Same Obi with no signature investment in Anambra?

Same Obi with no IGR growth?

Same Obi with no visible infrastructure?

Same Obi with no strong IGR?

Same Obi who invested public funds in his family business?

Same Obi who refused to conduct Local Government election for years under his watch?

Abeg, make una dey reason well na.

I chop winch àbí I dey craze to carry a liability for head like Gala? See, I'm not driven by emotions, but reality.

Asiwaju is a sellable product with sterling antecedents.

I am Omogbolahan L.A BABAWALE and I say #AsiwajuIsComing. The #BATKSM2023 ticket of governance eldorado
TINUBU propaganda and lies machine activated.

Tinubu is too old
He is just a place holder for Shettima who has been attending conferences on his behalf

You want us to come and waste another eight years of "the president is not aware" kind of government
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Hanndye: 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2022
Healthquest:
see brain dead? So eko Atlantic was existing somewhere and he now bring it to Lagos?

I can't cure ds madness pls. Run along with it

Somebody sold him the idea.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Hanndye: 9:33am On Aug 28, 2022
Healthquest:
see brain dead? So eko Atlantic was existing somewhere and he now bring it to Lagos?

I can't cure ds madness pls. Run along with it
A company sold the idea to him and also got the support of the fed.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:37am On Aug 28, 2022
jamace:
Peter Obi's achievements as governor of Anambra State dwarffed the achievements of Bola Tinubu as Lagos State governor. Even the Awards and Recognitions of Peter Obi tower over that of Bola Tinubu. Generally, Peter Obi outperformed Tinubu. Just see below:

PETER OBI's AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS

2022: Man of The Year Award. The prestigious award, endorsed by the African Union, African Film Institute, will be presented in November 2022 in Abuja.

2015: Golden Jubilee Award from Catholic Diocese of Onitsha for outstanding contribution to quality healthcare delivery in St. Charles Borromeo Hospital in particular and Anambra State in general, on the occasion of the Golden Jubilee celebration of the hospital.

*2014: Nigerian Library Association Golden Merit Award for remarkable improvement of libraries in Anambra State, exemplified by our Government’s construction of the Kenneth Dike Digital State Library, remarkable upgrade of the Onitsha Divisional Library, and provision of library facilities in secondary schools across the State.

*2014: Champion Newspaper Most Outstanding Igbo Man of the Decade.

* 2014 The Voice Newspaper (Holand) Achievers Award for Outstanding Example in Leadership and Governance.

*2013: Silver Bird Man of the Year (with Governor BabatundeFashola of Lagos State).

*2012: Business Hallmark Newspaper Man of the Year.

*2012: The Golden Award on Prudence – by the Methodist Church of Nigeria as the Most
Financially Prudent Governor in Nigeria.

* 2012: Leadership and Good Governance Award by The Ezeife Leadership Foundation Award for restoring peace and harmony to Anambra State.

* 2012: Best Performing Governor on Immunization in South-East Nigeria – by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

* 2012: Outstanding Financial Planner and Manager – by the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion for my resourcefulness and creativity in governance.

*2011: Zik Leadership Prize.

*2010: ICT Governor of the Year – by the West Africa ICT Development Award.

*2009: Champion Newspaper Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Governor Award.

*2009: Thisday Newspaper Most Prudent Governor in Nigeria.

*2007: The Sun Newspaper Man of the Year Award.

**The Nigerian MDGs Office/UNDP Best Governor in the Implementation of the MDGs in Nigeria

EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED

· Christ the King College, Onitsha (W.A.S.C.)

. University of Nigeria, Nsukka (B.A. Philosophy)

· Lagos Business School, Nigeria (Chief Executive Program)

· Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Mid to Mid Marketing)

· Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Changing the Game)

· London School of Economics (Financial Mgmt/Business Policy)

· Columbia Business School, New York, U.S.A. (Marketing Mgmt )

· Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Senior Executive Program)

· Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Break-Through Program for CEOs)

· Kellogg Graduate School of Management, U.S.A. (Advanced Executive Program)

· Kellogg School of Management U.S.A. (Global Advanced Mgmt Program)

. Oxford University: Said Business School, (Advanced Mgmt& Leadership Program)

. Cambridge University: George Business School (Advanced Leadership Program)

PREVIOUS POSITIONS

· Governor, Anambra State of Nigeria (2006-2014)

· Honorary Special Adviser to the President on Finance (till May, 2015)

· Member, Presidential Economic Management Team (till May, 2015)

· Vice-Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum (2008-2014)

· Chairman, South-East Governors’ Forum (2006-2014)

. Former Chairman: Board of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)

· Former Chairman: Fidelity Bank Plc.

· Former Chairman: Guardian Express Mortgage Bank, Ltd.

· Former Chairman: Future Views Securities, Ltd.

· Former Chairman: Paymaster Nigeria Plc.

· Former Chairman: Next International (Nigeria) Ltd

· Former Director: Guardian Express Bank Plc.

· Former Director: Chams Nigeria Plc.

· Former Director: Emerging Capital Ltd

· Former Director: Card Centre Plc

MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS/ORGANIZATIONS

· Member, Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG)

· Member, Nigerian Chartered Institute of Bankers

· Member, British Institute of Directors (IOD)

MEMBERSHIP OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COMMITTEES

In my capacity as the Governor of Anambra State, I served as a member of:

*Federal Government Committee on Minimum Wage

*Federal Government Committee on Negotiation with Labour on Subsidy

*Federal Government Committee on Mass Transit

*Federal Government Committee on Natural Resource

*National Economic Council Committee on Power Sector Reform

*National Economic Council Committee on Sharing of MDGs Funds

*National Economic Council Committee on Accurate Data on Nigeria’s Oil Import and Export

*Agricultural Transformation Implementation Council

*Sub-Committee on Needs Analysis of Public Universities in Nigeria

*National Economic Council Review Committee on the Power Sector

Imagine what you call awards. Catholic Jubilee?

The Tinubu awards are listed above there are awards alone, I didn't include certifications.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by bigbasho: 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2022
Fixing Lagos is differnt from fixing Nigeria. Fashola fixed Lagos and is still battling to fix power in 8 years

1 Like

Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by jamace(m): 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Imagine what you call awards. Catholic Jubilee?

The Tinubu awards are listed above there are awards alone, I didn't include certifications.
Abeg, include everything. Remember to add Tinubu's institutions attended. Thanks.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Healthquest: 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hanndye:

A company sold the idea to him and also got the support of the fed.
out of millions idea sold to him? Which one did d mad men sold to Peter obi?
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by pfadom: 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2022
God bless Sir Mike Okiro for telling the truth to the shame of nay sayers.

Nigeria will be great again - regardless of religious and ethnic sentiments.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Hanndye: 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2022
Healthquest:
out of millions idea sold to him? Which one did d mad men sold to Peter obi?
So basically not his own idea as Obasanjo didn't make phones.
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by ugbarreta(m): 6:43am On Aug 29, 2022
Baba Nigeria is bigger than Lagos. Fix Nigeria like Lagos bawo!
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by sal1974: 6:58am On Aug 29, 2022
SensualMan:
Why won't u support him? Your tenure as the IG of police still leave a sour taste to date.

It's very obvious that this man lacks intelligence and foresight. The simple reason why u are supporting him is cos he facilitated ur transfer as commissioner of police to lagos state and there after facilitated ur ascendency to DIG? grin
I'm sorry sir but I have to call u an ediot! When old men refuse to accord themselves necessary respect due to them, kids will use them as playfield.

Peter Obi has seized everywhere in Nigeria!

How influential could Tinubu be to influence the deployment of Okiro to Lagos,and his eventual elevation to the position of IG, considering he was the unofficial leader of the opposition under a PDP government that had vengeful Obasanjo as the President
Re: Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos by Kehinderichard(m): 9:01am On Sep 18, 2022
You're very pathetic for failing to comprehend. You go through what you posted if it makes any sense.

Ayk8:

So na HEAVEN fill am You be fool! No be YOU AND YOUR FAMILY COME DIRTY LAGOS. I keep saying it, The reason you keep saying Lagos is dirty is because You can't maintain your environment. YOU lack maintenance culture just like your forefathers who brought you to the CITY OF LAGOS. ingrate!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NERC Suspends Increase In Electricity Tariff Till July / Gunshots, Panic As Aregbesola’s Convoy Passed Through Osogbo / NSCDC Apologizes To Woman Assaulted In Jos, Promises To Punish Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.