Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church (35109 Views)

Okpaleke: Rejected As Bishop In Imo, Accepted By The Pope As Cardinal (Video) / Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal / Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by cyrilamx(m): 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2022
myners007:
Cardinal Arinze was the first Nigerian cardinal
No it was late Cardinal Dominic Ekandem. He was created cardinal in 1976 and died in 1995

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Noblegraphix20(m): 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2022
Congratulations to him
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Kingdollar28(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
Chai

This man is truly blessed

I knew him way back when he was just a priest @ ss John and Paul parish Awka in Anambra State...

Within the space of 6-7 years, he's now a Cardinal...

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by BlackDuke(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
myners007:
Cardinal Arinze was the first Nigerian cardinal

There was a Cardinal Dominic Ekandem way before Cardinal Arinze.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by 1east: 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
It has brought numerous developments, that's why Anambra is more developed than your backward state

seunmind44:
has that brought any development to the state or does it have any financial value? Even spiritual value, it doesn't have on the state.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Arysexy(m): 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
Femijohn198:
The name peter is very powerful, peter the rock, we shall congratulate peter Obi next year too

Yesoooo

Peter is OBIdient

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2022
kcnwaigbo:

Arinze was second. The late Dominic Cardinal Ekanem was Nigeria's first cardinal
Which year?
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Cantonese: 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
Congratulations to him.

A very massive status for the Catholic Church and Nigeria and Africa.

A very happy occasion

Congratulations to all Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by seunmind44: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2022
1east:
It has brought numerous developments, that's why Anambra is more developed than your backward state

I laugh in fulfulde. Developments, yet an average Anambrians sees Lagos as London. I'm so fokn sure that you're not even living there. Development kee you there
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by seunmind44: 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2022
NoFucksToGive:

Are you alright?
are sick upstairs?
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by 1east: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2022
Stop mentioning Lagos. I said that Anambra is like America compare to your backward state that's filled with mud houses and rustic brown roofs. Leave Lagos out of this because it was the former FCT. Let's do the picture competition between your state and Anambra. cheesy

seunmind44:
I laugh in fulfulde. Developments, yet an average Anambrians sees Lagos as London. I'm so fokn sure that you're not even living there. Development kee you there
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by fergie001: 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Which year?
24 May 1976 - Ekandem
25 May 1985 - Arinze
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by JOemmy(m): 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2022
fergie001:
@Peter Obi

Obi at the Basilica in Rome (Pictures)
With Anambra South Senator, Ifeanyi Ubah
Well-wishers from Nigerias
With Archbishop-Emeritus, Cardinal John Onaiyekan

So obi have reached Rome just now from Germany incredible?
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Dalnadoni: 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2022
Gottiii:
Abeg, how do people save money these days?
Shey people still dey save sha?
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by annisy(f): 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2022
When a southern achieves a milestone on the international front everybody celebrate. Then you hear comments like
Nigeria wins
Niaja all the way
Niaja for life
Gaint of Africa
But If that same southern tries to replicate thesame thing here in Nigeria you here comment like
Ipob's
Biafraund
Afonja
Betrayer
And co..
My people we are the problem of ourselves until we start to reason logical Nigeria won't make any progress... The north has ruled this country more than any other zone yet the north is more backwards yet you will find some northern telling you it most be somebody from my tribe.. No be juju be that?!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by 1bunne4lif(m): 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2022
Slurity:
I still don't see thes people as follower of Christ. What rank and position will they give Jesus if Pope already have the highest rank and hat?
the Pope is a servant to the servants of God.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Dalnadoni: 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2022
JOemmy:

So obi have reached Rome just now from Germany incredible?
He is super active to all matters now...dats a boost 4 him
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by etrouble: 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2022
Emperormartin:

Peter Obi is strategically ahead of his opponent in this presidential campaign. What we don’t know is whether he’ll be ahead of them in next year polls… God may Nigeria vote wisely this time around…

You still brought Politics and Peter Giringori Pandora Obituary into this. I hope you will be able to breathe when we humiliate him next year. It's our hobby, we always humiliate idiots
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by etrouble: 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2022
seunmind44:
he will, if the election is free and fear

Even if Nigerians are to hold election in Heaven, it will never be free nor fair. So, better accept Peter Obituary's loss in good faith because the election will never be fair.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by etrouble: 8:18pm On Aug 27, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
Useless Catholic religion

And you call yourself a Christian. Even me a Muslim who went to Catholic school will not call Catholics useless. And someone like you will still complain about APC Muslim-Muslim ticket. Does it mean that if Emilokan Tinubu chooses a Catholic VP, you will still complain?

The first set of Christians established Catholism which other denominations came out from, so if you don't believe in Catholism, then go and create your own Religion, this Christianity is not for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by etrouble: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2022
Badgers14:
Next year another Peter will be sweared in as the president of Nigeria.

Sweared?
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Faber(m): 8:30pm On Aug 27, 2022
Guyman01:
This Obi is just everywhere, so full of energy, yesterday he had a townhall meeting with Nigerians in Germany, 2 days ago he was in London with Obasanjo and Wike, today he is in the Vatican sad

I don't think Obi is using Nigerian passport. The way he is flying around...how can he procure German visa, UK Visa and Italian Vida within how many days. Maybe he is a UK Citizen by Investment or any other First class country. Trust him to keep that secret.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Carlyscales: 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2022
Guyman01:
This Obi is just everywhere, so full of energy, yesterday he had a townhall meeting with Nigerians in Germany, 2 days ago he was in London with Obasanjo and Wike, today he is in the Vatican sad

My dear fear anyone that practices intermittent fasting as a lifestyle!

Excess energy and sound health even at old age
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Michella25: 8:36pm On Aug 27, 2022
Good one,

This Peter Obi just dey everywhere.. cheesy cheesy
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Emperormartin(m): 8:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
etrouble:

You still brought Politics and Peter Giringori Pandora Obituary into this. I hope you will be able to breathe when we humiliate him next year. It's our hobby, we always humiliate idiots
Agbadorian go and eat corn
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
See me smiling from ear to ear
Congratulations to all Nigerians and Mr Peter..new authority comes with responsibility
I pray the Holy Spirit help u tremendously as u take on this new assignment in Jesus Christ name amen
U will not be a castaway wen GOD comes to take u home
Did Jesus Christ give anyone such an assignment to begin with? Why do you folks like to rope Jesus Christ into that which is of no concern to Him and His Kingdom? undecided
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Proudlyomonna: 8:54pm On Aug 27, 2022
Daniel058:
TWO CARDINALS FROM THE SAME STATE.

NOT More than 5 CARDINALS FROM NIGERIA.

But I think the use of images And bowing down to it Make catholic different Which is against God's commandment .

Also I don't think there is any member of Catholic knight that's not involved with occultist practices .

Also catholic priests should be allowed to marry coz so many of them are sexually active and pretending .

Even in seminary some are homosexualist .

So many things happening but few innocent people ignorantly kept on defending the Church

Dominus Vibiscum!

See as you just dey run mouth undecided

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Harrisonwo(m): 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
Slurity:
I still don't see thes people as follower of Christ. What rank and position will they give Jesus if Pope already have the highest rank and hat?

The Catholic Church is a universal church and not just the regular church you see around.
The hierarchy placed is used to maintain order just as your daddy GO has his Asst GO them.

A priest is in charge of his parish and reports to the bishop of his diocese. The bishop inturn reports to the arch bishop of the arch diocese. He in turn reports to the cardinal and the cardinal to the pope.
The pope can't be everywhere like your GO and authority has been delegated down to the parish priest.
If the parish priest can't manage his parish, the congregation reports him to his bishop.

The pope is a representative of St Peter and still carry out the instructions given by Christ before he ascended. Upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail. Back then, Peter was seen as the leader of the Christian faithful and he delegated duties to the missionaries in his letters.

We are maintaining the instructions given by Christ until he returns which is always in our Creed.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by bonnyhope: 8:58pm On Aug 27, 2022
michdera:
Nice one! I wish he becomes the first black pope in history.

Dream
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by kkonyeji(m): 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2022
seunmind44:
he will, if the election is free and fear

Sir, it's "fair" not "fear"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyedepo: 'Plateau Killings, There Is An Islamization Agenda, War Looming'(Video) / Apostle Suleman & His Wife, Lizzy Celebrate 16th Wedding Anniversary (Photo) / Buhari's Health: Joshua Iginla's Prophetic Message (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.