Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada (102067 Views)

Why Immigrants Can Never Be Happy In Their New Country / Leaving Canada.......... Secrets / Reasons Why Immigrants Are Now Leaving Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by soberdrunk(m): 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2022
angry
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by whizqueen(f): 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Maynman: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2022
[quote author=whizqueen post=116118891][/quote]

When you coming back to nigeria?
Abi this is just for YouTube contents?

9 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by mayowascholar(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by meobizy(f): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
They should come back to create space for me.

10 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by adebopo: 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
Informative.
Thanks
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by mrsmith11(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
Canada is equivalent to sweden except the language advantage ���

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Kingpele(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
U are absolutely right

4 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by SavageBoy: 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Talawaka: 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2022
whizqueen:

5. Getting professional jobs: I think it’s insane that Canada encourages skilled workers to immigrate to Canada to start a new life only to not consider them professional enough to get into the professional workforce. Most people have to start all over from the scratch in their careers, it’s even worse for healthcare professionals (Doctors, Nurses, etc) they spend several years trying to get licensed to practice while managing with ridiculous jobs like support workers, Uber drivers, etc. It’s very sad to leave your home country as a Medical Doctor just to become someone else’s food delivery guy. What about for other professionals? They start off their careers with just anything to pay the bills cos they can’t land their first Canadian job without having Canadian experience!! How do I get Canadian experience if you don’t hire me? Are you saying I don’t have transferable skills after migrating here as a “Skilled-worker”? Some people just get fed up and move to other countries with higher-paying jobs.

Migrants with no Canadian experience are locked out of the job market.
It is a racket that helps ensure the country's economy continues growing.

Co-Signed.

21 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by EFGH: 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2022
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by sleek214(m): 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2022
Ok
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by rexel99: 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2022
OK. When are you coming back to Naija?

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
author=whizqueen post=116118891]
CRAP!
Why don't we hear Canadian citizens protest against high cost of living?

8 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by citygarden(m): 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
Very informative article. Any one going to Canada should prepare for all this. No where Nigerians can't survive

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Jokerman(m): 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2022
Beremx:
That won’t stop me from relocating to Canada my dream country. All I need now is sponsorship to move.

Nonsense Nigeria

After Voting and campaigning for Buhari.... better wait and vote for Peter

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by spartachico(m): 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2022
$2000 X 12 months that’s $24,000 and per year earning is $50,000 @op that’s more than 30% it’s 50% of the yearly earnings in rent alone

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by rhinolove: 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2022
Is there light light shortage,is there security problems, is there lack of job's if yes. Please come back home. If no Bros abeg rest

10 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by vibbb: 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2022
Tax in 9ja has double up - Note: Zero value for all the taxes we paid here in 9ja. Tax paying citizens end up providing their own security, water and power tru generating set or solar panels. Communities now contribute money to fix the road. Just help us tell Canadian Govt to open border for Nigerians for just 24 hours and see how we go all turn up.
Paying high tax and getting value for it is a blessing.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Dalnadoni: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2022
[quote author=whizqueen post=116118891][/quote] I think its only wen one is there dat we will be able to relate well...but thanks 4 d update
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Opolopoopolonio: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2022
Nigerians like to learn from their own experience and always think they are smarter than their hosts only to have their folly laid bare in a short while.

Why Nigerians Hardly Return Home

For those asking them to come back home, just know that it's one of the more difficult things to do.

1. They are afraid of being mocked by people here who hitherto thought highly of them

2. They don't know where to start from. Some sold all their properties when they were leaving.

3. They have started getting used to their mediocre average lives over there. Adjusting back to the Nigerian system is a nightmare.

4. Spouses are divided on the decision. Most times the woman wants to stay back. If care is not taken, the home will break.

Etc etc

So stop telling them to come back home.

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by DMerciful(m): 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2022
Canada has good health care system so your life expectancy automatically increase once you relocate here. They have one of the best road networks and regulations making accidents minimal, they pay child benefits, it's a very peaceful country so you have peace of mind, no police harassment, beautiful places to visit, beautiful sceneries, once you're home you don't get a call from work. Prostitution is also illegal as Canada is family oriented. As a permanent resident of Canada, you can become a citizen in 3yrs! and can go to US as you like! Canada is priceless!

Come to British Columbia, it's not that cold.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Tunjibalogun: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2022
ednut1:
When are you coming back home to Nigeria You wont lol. Although the op na my friend i will tackle her.
1. There are people building wealth in cheaper provinces like Alberta or New Brunswick where houses go for 300k to 400k. In Ontario its like 900k to 1.5m for the average house and you suppose drop 5% deposit for mortgage. Married people or common law guys are able to build wealth too due to combined . Solution is move to a cheaper province, get married or find a partner
2 . Cost of living- where in the world is not costly. With all the amenities, free resources, and standard of living why should it be cheap
3 . Boredom and loneliness- Nigerians move to a cold country and refuse to do what whites do in the winter. Whose fault is that Many ladies from Nigeria have unrealistic expectations and are single to stupor. Whose fault is that Lol
4 cold. Get a good winter jacket or knacks partner. Nothing dey there
5. Professional jobs- doctors know this before coming and should have explored uk. A friend passed the medical exams in 18months its doable. Yes there are issues with Canada experience but with constant applications and upgrading ones skills. You will be able to get in. You and i both know many people with only Nigerians experience or degrees balling in big countries.

Oya come back home o
Hahahahahaha. Suffering and smiling. Kikikiki grin grin grin good the author stays in Canada grin cheesy
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by bigdammyj: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2022
Noted.
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Focusmind: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2022
Nigerian ladies in Canada and YouTube videos are like bread and butter. Inseparable! Always telling the same story, same format and same message. The boredom seems real!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Doctorfitz: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2022

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by AlphaStyles(m): 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2022
Abroad no be heaven the way some people picture am especially now wey crisis dey despite 9ja condition life cheap here but amenities no dey.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Oduduwa707: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2022
OP isn't telling the full side of the story as well.

That's the price you pay for all the free health care you enjoy in Canada compared to the U.S where we pay out of pockets.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Eriokanmi: 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2022
It's hard to cope over there
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by whizqueen(f): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2022
Revolution2022:
CRAP!
Why don't we hear Canadian citizens protest against high cost of living?

Go on the internet and read about how Canadians even white people rant about how tough it is to live here. Just take a stroll to YouTube and see all the comments on my video affirming all these things. Wake up to reality hun!

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by SavageBoy: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2022
You're talking about a country that's more than 10 times the size of Nigeria,operating 6 different time zones and has a population of just 38 million.

I can imagine how lonely it could be most especially during the winter period. Though Canada is much better than Nigeria, I would rather relocate to Brazil. I really feel for our single Nigerian sisters there, e no go easy for una oh

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.