Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada (102005 Views)

Why Immigrants Can Never Be Happy In Their New Country / Leaving Canada.......... Secrets / Reasons Why Immigrants Are Now Leaving Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Angelfrost(m): 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2022
NoFucksToGive:
angry
You cap too much nonsense just for likes... No one sent you to Canada nor did anyone ask you for this trash.

Should we open a thread about why Nigerians are fleeing to Canada?

All these servants of Saboteurs disgusting as advisers .

1.Is making wealth in Nigeria easy ? No! Only through politics or crime is the only way for someone without connection to make it in Nigeria

2. Cost of living in Nigeria is too fvcking high! Just ask anyone

3. Loneliness? Misery loves company that's why Nigerians flock around you in Nigeria

4. Cold... Give me cold over mosquitoes biting me while I slap myself at night while trying to kill them

5. Getting professional jobs ... E still better pass Nigeria 1 million times over and over..

See guys and girls becareful what you read or whom you take seriously. Some people are servants of Satan sent to misguide you .

This is how the Federal government wants to prevent brain drain ? Instead of ADDRESSING why all the doctors lawyers engineers and professionals are running abroad they are employing quacks to come online and type shit. angry

Run from such people

To wipe this OP USB cord for neck just dey hungry me! angry

God bless you.

I never see this kind thing... They will discourage people from now till eternity, but they have absolutely no plan to relocate from that "Hell" they preach against.

Before person decides to leave Naija for good, isn't it obvious the person has done it all and failed in this backwater nation?!!

Canada is not meant to be heaven, neither is U.S, UK, Dubai, or any nation on Earth!

Are Nigerians supposed to enter any nation and start wallowing in wealth?!! Where in the world does that happen except you are a drug lord?!!

Y'all should quit trying to deprive your fellow citizens from enjoying or "suffering" that thing over there which has made you refuse to return back to this Nigeria.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by folake4u(f): 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2022
Nigerians nor go like this kain talk about "Loneliness" oh especially as Buhari is making the country hard.

Nice thread, whizqueen. I enjoy your YouTube videos.

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2022
until you return to Nigeria, you remain an old hag. [quote author=whizqueen post=116118891][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Daddylaura: 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2022
angry angry angry angry angryAbeg help me ask am. make we Exchange Na come 9ja make I move there biko
ecolime:
So, when are you returning to Nigeria?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Clinghton: 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2022
So why are you still there?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MrBanner(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2022
@tundey4real may that eye that you're lifting up go blind. Idiotic scammer
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by miqos02(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2022
[quote author=whizqueen post=116118891][/quote]whizzy my PADI.
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by SavageResponse(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
They are perpetual migrants looking for what is not lost. There is no gold rush anywhere. From Qatar to EU to Cyprus to Italy to SA to Ghana to Ukraine to US to UK and now to Canada, the japa crew are now officially 'one chance' victims. Some could actually have been better in Nigeria but they never learn. Their ears are blocked.

Some crossed over and their first task was cursing Nigeria and talking down on Nigeria. Those ones are the ones Nigeria, the land where their placenta was buried, cursed back physically and spiritually. Sadly, those ones are irredeemable.

They exaggerated the challenges they faced here and some actually quitted certainty for uncertainty before reality hit them hard , unlike the prodigal son, it became too late for them to turn back and return home because of shame, regret and what those they left behind who had overtaken them in life will say.

Andrew a.ka. Mr Japa, you better repent, start blessing Nigeria so it can reverse its curses on you and come back home to start afresh before you end up in life like a snake that never leaves mark on a rock.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Don't mind they, they assume every country with white people is flowing with milk and honey

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2022
You want to stay in Toronto and build wealth? Funny. People are building wealth in other provinces/cities but everybody wants to live in Ontario.

Tunjibalogun:
But they will never tell you . Making it look like Canada is heaven lol.
That's Nigerians for you
I know a consultant Hematologist (medical doctor) who couldn't cope with the cost of living in Canada, infact he couldn't practice his profession and he became frustrated. He left but his wife refused leaving, so they divorced. The man remarried after he came back to Nigeria and he's really doing so great and happy.

People don’t do their research before they travel. You want to quickly practice medicine outside Nigeria and you are choosing Canada? Canada has its process for internationally trained medical practitioners, they’ll not change it because of you. If you want an easy route to practicing, then go to the UK. Mind you, there are some Nigerians practicing here despite the fact that getting licensed is a big deal.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Lonepair1: 8:10pm On Aug 27, 2022
This kind of topic will become trend from next 10years!!

Canada is overhyped

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Deprecious11: 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2022
[���quote author=VeryWickedMan post=116119055]6. No Single Rituals Shrine

That's why I left. Useless country.[/quote]
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by pinkygurl(f): 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2022
NoFucksToGive:
angry
You cap too much nonsense just for likes... No one sent you to Canada nor did anyone ask you for this trash.

1.Is making wealth in Nigeria easy ? No! Only through politics or crime is the only way for someone without connection to make it in Nigeria

3. Loneliness? Misery loves company that's why Nigerians flock around you in Nigeria

4. Cold... Give me cold over mosquitoes biting me while I slap myself at night while trying to kill them

5. Getting professional jobs ... E still better pass Nigeria 1 million times over and over..

See guys and girls becareful what you read or whom you take seriously. Some people are servants of Satan sent to misguide you .

This is how the Federal government wants to prevent brain drain ? Instead of ADDRESSING why all the doctors lawyers engineers and professionals are running abroad they are employing quacks to come online and type shit. angry

Run from such people

Wipe the demonic OP USB cord already.Serious servant of Satan vibes OP is giving.last time l checked OP herself is a product of the brain drain, worked as a professional accountant for sometime in naija before JAPA-ing to Canada.
Imagine the nerves, sitting comfortably in her apartment in Canada with 24hours electricity to record and type message discouraging others from JAPA-ING and securing a better life for unborn kids.
If she tired she can pack her stuff and return to naija already. grin angry wicked devilish detractor subtly discouraging other from JAPA-ING while refusing to come back from the japa and working her way up to getting Canadian passport in few years time in Addy to naija passport.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by laskab(f): 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2022
NO SENSE IN YOUR POST. YOU SHOULD COME BACK HOME SO WE CAN BELIEVE YOU

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by pinkygurl(f): 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2022
Clinghton:
So why are you still there?
This is the question. grin

7 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Acidosis(m): 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2022
Oduduwa707:
OP isn't telling the full side of the story as well.

That's the price you pay for all the free health care you enjoy in Canada compared to the U.S where we pay out of pockets.

Let's be realistic when we market this "free health care" as a basis for Nigerians to move to certain countries.

I know people who haven't used a single tablet in 10 years despite the harsh environment in Nigeria. I don't think the typical Nigerian hustler cares about all that.

Frustration sets in when the expectation (money) does not match the reality. For example, the average Nigerian is not used to paying taxes. Many circumvent electricity bill, etc. so they get really frustrated when they realize that 20-30% of the money they worked for goes to a system (they probably wouldn't use).

I believe an individual should try and attain a certain level of comfort before relocating on the basis of free or standard healthcare. What some people need is good money. These are people who haven't been to a hospital for any major treatment in 15 years. All they need is a good job, money, and more money.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by wiseone28: 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Go to jos. Same way the white men crave for sunlight
So it now snow in Jos?

4 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Agugbadin: 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2022
whizqueen:

Go on the internet and read about how Canadians even white people rant about how tough it is to live here. Just take a stroll to YouTube and see all the comments on my video affirming all these things. Wake up to reality hun!

I have seen similar vedios from a Kenya Nigerian lady who eventually returned to Kenya. Her dad is a Nigerian, while her mother is from Kenya.
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ppogba: 8:18pm On Aug 27, 2022
frankson1:

I haven't gone through comments on this thread but believe me, you'd be abused by those who haven't gotten close to an Airport before

That is the beauty of Nairaland. It is only on Nairaland that:
* Someone who is un- married will be forming relationship expert and advisor to a married fella.
* Someone attempting JAMB for the 5th time will be yabbing rubbish concerning ASUU.
*Someone who is un- employed will be advising an employed fellow on why he should not take nonsense from his/ her employer or superior.

I don tire to continue sef.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 27, 2022
Make una try dey lie small small sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Ilaje1: 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2022
ednut1:
Although the op na my friend i will tackle her.

1. There are people building wealth in cheaper provinces like Alberta or New Brunswick where houses go for 300k to 400k. In Ontario its like 900k to 1.5m for the average house and you suppose drop 5% deposit for mortgage. Married people or common law guys are able to build wealth too due to combined income. Solution is move to a cheaper province, get married or find a partner.
2 . Cost of living- where in the world is not costly. With all the amenities, free resources, and standard of living why should it be cheap There are many people earning 3700 dols a month but staying in apartments costing 2200 dols. Is that not madness. Some are one 2500 a month but their rent is 1800 lol
3 . Boredom and loneliness- Nigerians move to a cold country and refuse to do what whites do in the winter. Whose fault is that Many ladies from Nigeria have unrealistic expectations and are single to stupor. Whose fault is that Lol
4 cold. Get a good winter jacket or knacks partner. Nothing dey there
5. Professional jobs- doctors know this before coming and should have explored uk. A friend passed the medical exams in 18months its doable. Yes there are issues with Canada experience but with constant applications and upgrading ones skills. You will be able to get in. You and i both know many people with only Nigerians experience or degrees balling in big companies

Oya come back home o.

I know people especially tech who moved to usa after getting their Canada citizenship. More money is involved and passport privileges too don set. The Canadian passport opens doors to better countries

Alberta cheaper? Then you have no idea of what you are talking. Alberta cost skyrocketed in early 2000 due to oil boom. When Timmy or Burger kings was paying minimum wage of $8 in Ont. Alberta was already paying $15, and nobody wanted to do job they would rather work on the oil field. My point is that the phenomenon led to inflation. Their economy could have been stagnant for a bit but it is still not cheap to live there. Manitoba is cheap just like New Brunswick but getting jobs in those places are not an easy fit. GTA axis is expensive because of the availability of corporate jobs and secondly people prefer to live in that corridor (Ottawa-Toronto- London-windsor or TO-Hamilton corridor).

You are correct in the aspect of being a Nackerdemus. You want our ladies to be giving out it freely like our hosts. It's not like they don't want to do ooo, they are scared of being judge. If you catch one for corner wey nobody see una, you go suprise wetin dem go do.

5 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by EdoBoy90(m): 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2022
Dear Fellow Nigerians,

I have noticed one thing about we Nigerians (few) Immediately some of us in a group got a job, scholarship or travelled to abroad. Immediately, we exit the group and disconnect with friends. We assumed that we have arrive and ahead of others. What happen to networking and influence? What make you to think that those you are heading today won't be ahead tomorrow?

Think about networking and giving back to the society. Knowledge without sharing doesn't make sense. You have knowledge, try to use it to make impact.

I believe in your personal statement, Statement of Purpose (SOP), essay or letter of Motivation as you may call it, you wrote that you will use the skills and knowledge gained to make a positive impact. This is one of the reasons Indians are ahead of us; prospering more than us in all human endeavor from IT to real estate development, medicine to engineering and in organizations. They build a healthy community that looks out for everyone even to the least among them. Also, you that you feel like betraying your fellow Nigerians, please stop it. You that you feel like hoarding information, it is just you and you alone, please stop it. You that is discouraging others, please stop it. If you don't have the right information, you can reach out to your friends to find out. What is the difference between you and our politicians whom you accused of destroying Nigeria? Our politicians can't travel Nigeria's roads today. The economy is even hard to some of them. Nothing last forever. Just your impact positively matters a lot. This is what posterity will look after.

National cohesion is better than individualistic accolades. If your fellow Nigerians aren't well in the same neighborhood with white people, they will point hands to you. Few cultists make Dubai hard for other good Nigerians. We are interrelated in an inescapable network of mutuality.

Thanks to those who are helping their fellow brothers and sisters with materials, information and resources.

I urge you specifically not to give up because better days ahead. Hope in God for he is the master of all things while you use your brain and effort to push forward.

Lastly, build your network whether you are in abroad or Nigeria. Your network determines your net worth. You never can tell what tomorrow will be like. You might need Nigerians at home when aspiring for a political position tomorrow

This isn't how Chinese are behaving. Some Nigerians are just devilish in nature.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Surveymaster: 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2022
This is very true... Canada is one of the most overrated places.. Peopl think that you are being a hater or discouraging them when saying this, but this is fact! It is only very poor people in Nigeria that truely find Canada fascinating when they move over.. if you were living a middleclass or highincome life in Naija, you will not enjoy canada so much...If not for the gun violence, US is a much better place in my opinion!
I am yet to see a Canadian person or immigrant that is truly rich or comfortable...Just a fact...

i can't blame those people who want to move sha...But there's truly no place like home..

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Gokoyer1401: 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2022
Honestly speaking, i don't know if they don't have nothing to do with their time or it's the boredom? Or is that they are just using it to generate side income?
So many channels about different stuffs coming out from Canada. Why are we not getting tons of videos like this from US or Australia?
Focusmind:
Nigerian ladies in Canada and YouTube videos are like bread and butter. Inseparable! Always telling the same story, same format and same message. The boredom seems real!

6 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ereolami(f): 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2022
If you discourage Nigerians, are you going to do same for other countries too, are you scared that if more Nigerians come they will take your job or limit your income grin, you are comfortable over there, you should seek out same comfort for youth like you in this terrible country, your fellow over there are encouraging us to come and enjoy comfort and peace of mind,.....E be like say you go stingy ooo undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by nickxtra(m): 8:23pm On Aug 27, 2022
ecolime:
So, when are you returning to Nigeria?
Good question

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by apolonius(m): 8:24pm On Aug 27, 2022
ednut1:
Although the op na my friend i will tackle her.

1. There are people building wealth in cheaper provinces like Alberta or New Brunswick where houses go for 300k to 400k. In Ontario its like 900k to 1.5m for the average house and you suppose drop 5% deposit for mortgage. Married people or common law guys are able to build wealth too due to combined income. Solution is move to a cheaper province, get married or find a partner.
2 . Cost of living- where in the world is not costly. With all the amenities, free resources, and standard of living why should it be cheap There are many people earning 3700 dols a month but staying in apartments costing 2200 dols. Is that not madness. Some are one 2500 a month but their rent is 1800 lol
3 . Boredom and loneliness- Nigerians move to a cold country and refuse to do what whites do in the winter. Whose fault is that Many ladies from Nigeria have unrealistic expectations and are single to stupor. Whose fault is that Lol
4 cold. Get a good winter jacket or knacks partner. Nothing dey there
5. Professional jobs- doctors know this before coming and should have explored uk. A friend passed the medical exams in 18months its doable. Yes there are issues with Canada experience but with constant applications and upgrading ones skills. You will be able to get in. You and i both know many people with only Nigerians experience or degrees balling in big companies

Oya come back home o.

I know people especially tech who moved to usa after getting their Canada citizenship. More money is involved and passport privileges too don set. The Canadian passport opens doors to better countries

I just wanted to say the op is stupid and move on. But your wise comment will make me drop a sentence of two to puncture the OP’s generalizations.

The op is leaning on their narrow experience and limitations to make generalizations. I lived in the UK for many years-studied to the highest levels before moving to Canada. Canada is a million miles apart.

People talk about the US without talking about the costs of healthcare, childcare and all.

I bought a home around Toronto within 2 years of moving to Canada. I lived in a box room in the UK for 11 years!

I am a prime professional who practiced in firms before setting up mine.

I know bankers who left Naija towards the end of last year who are holding down 2-3 jobs (enabled by the pandemic’s remote work) and making 20-30k monthly. I mean these are close friends.

While the traditional professions have rigid licensing processes in every country to test for determination, it is normal. When we went to Nigeria for the law school, even professors of law and accomplished lawyers from the US, UK, Canada et al, had to do Bar 1 with us. They did and some are accomplished politicians and lawyers in Nigeria today.

I know 2 SANs who did their accreditation and bar exams, and are now doing Articling in Toronto. It’s normal.

Yes, doctors like lawyers and all do same too. You either want it enough to soldier through or you stay in your comfort zone. If you push through, the rewards are huge. I have many lawyer colleagues making over $130k and some are immigration panel members (judges) within 2-3 years. I know 2 very close Nigerian professors of law in Canadian universities , they came in as students, who make over $300k.

Canada is today’s heaven. Lazy and unfocused people will promote harsh relativism as the general experience. But it’s crap!

If you come to Canada legally and have your PR, you can settle in 1-2 years and do great. Of course, lawyers and doctors may face a slower transition, but it’s worth it.

Bankers, IT professionals, business analysts among others should get great jobs within 2-4 months, if properly guided, and earn between $70-120k. I have seen tens of close friends go through it and doing great!

As per loneliness, it’s demand and supply. More black/Naija women who are single crowd the Naija community populated by men who largely have families before leaving Nigeria. Yes, professional Naija men are almost always married few years after university. If they use potential husbands to play boyfriend koso, who they go blame? Naija ladies can go back home and find their kind. It’s easier than deluding themselves that they will find Oyibo men here. Those who go home to look for husbands and lovers do find!

Anyway, I rest my purposeful bile at the nonsense morons share here about Canada and politics. Naija youths should get properly enlightened!

55 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by AngelicBeing: 8:24pm On Aug 27, 2022
Beremx:
That won’t stop me from relocating to Canada my dream country. All I need now is sponsorship to move.

Nonsense Nigeria
Hahaha,lol at nonsense Nigeria grin

5 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by grandstar(m): 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2022
NoFucksToGive:
angry

Run from such people

She's not stopping you. At least, a witness was given.

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Hahahahahaha. Suffering and smiling. Kikikiki grin grin grin good the author stays in Canada grin cheesy
see how chubby the complaining Op even looks

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.