Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,721 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

What Did You Learn In Church Today? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Learn In Church Today? (4782 Views)

What Did You Learn In Church Today / What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Otii4god: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2022
Humility

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by jeromestarks: 3:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
phemmyfour:
We are still in Church
I will be here when you close.
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by jeromestarks: 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
AntiChristian:

Your antichrist never come! You are still expecting it. Why lie by calling me antichrist?
Your name says it all.
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by jeromestarks: 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2022
God1000:
I didn't go today
WHy? Hope all is well?
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by jeromestarks: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2022
EKONGKING:
only people with unstable IQs goes to church in the country where i am at present .

What!
Which country is that?
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by jeromestarks: 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Lol, nah the OP Trademark Quote be dat o.

Surprised to see him preaching bible here.

I send not myself but thy Lord God sent me.
Happy Sunday my sister.
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by jeromestarks: 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2022
Mikebj:
How to keep your FAITH working.q
Bible Reading , Philemon 1vs8, Psalm 82vs6 e.t.c

I would like to learn more about this.
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Oqw1: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2022
Home alone

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by jeromestarks: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2022
Oqw1:
Home alone
Next Sunday, try and go to church. There is joy in meeting fellow Christians.
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Modupetemmy1(f): 5:26pm On Aug 28, 2022
To appreciate and take care of my parents now that they are alive
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by ejimatic: 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2022
jeromestarks:
Mine:
In all you do, Think of Heaven.
Bible verse: Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
(Colossians 3:2).

Let you heart always think of heaven. That will guide you and keep you from commiting sin.
Things above last but the earth will pass away soon. Nothing for on earth last forever.
Struggle daily to make heaven.
Set your mind on heavenly things.
Be Honest in What You Say and Do... Hebrews 13 vrs 18

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2022
jeromestarks:
Mine:
In all you do, Think of Heaven.
Bible verse: Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
(Colossians 3:2).

Let you heart always think of heaven. That will guide you and keep you from commiting sin.
Things above last but the earth will pass away soon. Nothing for on earth last forever.
Struggle daily to make heaven.
Set your mind on heavenly things
Here's some simple questions regarding what you claim you learnt today in your church.

1. How exactly does thinking of Heaven guide you and keep you from committing a sin if you don't even know what sin is it, to begin with? undecided

2. What are those things that are above that will last? Can you name even one of those claims things you claim? undecided

3. Can you name at least 5 sins that can keep you from Heaven? undecided
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2022
jeromestarks:
You're right.
He is right even when Jesus Christ instead said your marriages, and hence your children, are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 2 vs 34 -36 - meaning your marriage(your children included) are the some of the things of this world that don't last forever? undecided
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by bitingcool: 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2022
God humbles you when you set aside pride. That is what I learnt
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
bitingcool:
God humbles you when you set aside pride. That is what I learnt
What does it matter to God if you put aside your pride yet live a life of disobedience of HIs teachings and commandments? undecided
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2022
Otii4god:
Humility
Of what value is this humility you claim if it is not born of God? undecided
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2022
Fabredo:
Be humble... catholics can relate to this.............
Be Humble towards whom? God or men? undecided
Jesus Christ was not known as a humble man at all. He was described as a respecter of no man. However, Jesus Christ described His spirit as being humble and gentle. Clearly, Jesus Christ's humility was not directed at men but at God. So, who is your humility directed towards? Men? Or God? undecided
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by egojeny1(f): 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2022
Be humble, humility pays
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2022
egojeny1:
Be humble, humility pays
How does it pay? undecided
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by CakesToolsOvens(f): 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2022
Today our pastor, Dr Pastor Victor Stephen taught us about PROFITING FROM THE WORD . (Bible).

I learnt that we should

1. Read the word
2. Listen to the word
3. Hear the word
4. Act the word
5. Obey the word
6. Speak the word
7. Believe the wird
8. Pray on the word
9. Think on the word
10. Praise God for the word
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by GUNITGuy: 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2022
I learnt I should evangelise to the people around me
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2022
CakesToolsOvens:
Today our pastor, Dr Pastor Victor Stephen taught us about PROFITING FROM THE WORD . (Bible). I learnt that we should

1. Read the word
2. Listen to the word
3. Hear the word
4. Act the word
5. Obey the word
6. Speak the word
7. Believe the wird
8. Pray on the word
9. Think on the word
10. Praise God for the word
LOL... This one wey dem dey give una convoluted last when all Jesus Christ said you ought to do is Trust(submit) and obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 20 - 25 undecided

I guess my question to you would be what is the "word" you are meant to do all of the above with then? undecided
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by AntiChristian: 11:18pm On Aug 28, 2022
jeromestarks:

Your name says it all.

If someone has an antichristian view does that mean he's an antichrist?

And you'll claim you have holy spirit with you like this?
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Ayodele1987(m): 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2022
I pastor said that, the only place rich and poor sit together is a place of worshipping
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by bitingcool: 2:10am On Aug 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What does it matter to God if you put aside your pride yet live a life of disobedience of HIs teachings and commandments? undecided

good question.. so pride dies not come alone. it comes with its cousins. Today the focus of study was Kind Uzzaiah in 2 Chronicles 26:19-21 who was well established as a kind but became proud and not only wanted to be a King but also a priest. Even though the priests warned him not to offer sacrifice and burn incense, he was disobedient and felt he could do anything but was struck with leprosy and died leprosy.

The truth is that before you become proud, you have started sowing other seeds such as disobedience, haughty look, unpleasant thoughts and eventually pride. God frowns upon this. Also if you are not proud and have other sins, God also frowns upon it and we should remediate ourselves to him.
We are products of his mercy. If God strikes everyone for one sin committed even though it's not pride, nobody go remain for this life. So as we still are under his mercy we should rethink our acts and live wholly and purely for him

na im I learn for church today oooo
Have a fruitful week fellow nairalander
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Kobojunkie: 2:20am On Aug 29, 2022
bitingcool:
good question.. so pride dies not come alone. it comes with its cousins. Today the focus of study was Kind Uzzaiah in 2 Chronicles 26:19-21 who was well established as a kind but became proud and not only wanted to be a King but also a priest. Even though the priests warned him not to offer sacrifice and burn incense, he was disobedient and felt he could do anything but was struck with leprosy and died leprosy.

The truth is that before you become proud, you have started sowing other seeds such as disobedience, haughty look, unpleasant thoughts and eventually pride. God frowns upon this. Also if you are not proud and have other sins, God also frowns upon it and we should remediate ourselves to him. We are products of his mercy. If God strikes everyone for one sin committed even though it's not pride, nobody go remain for this life. So as we still are under his mercy we should rethink our acts and live wholly and purely for him
na im I learn for church today oooo
Have a fruitful week fellow nairalander
But all this is of the doctrines and traditions of men and has absolutely nothing to do with that which Jesus Christ taught or asked His followers to go out and teach to those in the world. Jesus Christ warned His followers to steer clear of these doctrines and traditions of men which He warned drive people away from following that which is the Truth of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 - so basically, what you did was in itself in disobedience of God's direct commandment to you. So are you any better than the King Uzziah in the story you listened to? undecided
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Probz(m): 3:04am On Aug 29, 2022
That an Igbo man can randomly have a non-Igbo surname.
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by bitingcool: 5:18am On Aug 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But all this is of the doctrines and traditions of men and has absolutely nothing to do with that which Jesus Christ taught or asked His followers to go out and teach to those in the world. Jesus Christ warned His followers to steer clear of these doctrines and traditions of men which He warned drive people away from following that which is the Truth of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 - so basically, what you did was in itself in disobedience of God's direct commandment to you. So are you any better than the King Uzziah in the story you listened to? undecided

may every spirit of confusion die in your life
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by jeromestarks: 7:33am On Aug 29, 2022
AntiChristian:

If someone has an antichristian view does that mean he's an antichrist?

And you'll claim you have holy spirit with you like this?
I knew you will say this.
Christianity is Christ -like.
You're anti christian. You're anti Christ like.
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by AntiChristian: 7:48am On Aug 29, 2022
jeromestarks:

I knew you will say this.
Christianity is Christ -like.
You're anti christian. You're anti Christ like.

So which denomination of Christianity is Christlike?

Jehovah witness!

Unitarian Christian!

Pauline Christianity!

Trinitarian Christianity!

Cherubim and Seraphim churches worldwide!

Celestial church of Christ worldwide!

And the other one million and one denominations!

Even you'll call some of the above same name with me even as they use same Bible as you use!
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Kobojunkie: 9:47am On Aug 29, 2022
bitingcool:
may every spirit of confusion die in your life
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by bitingcool: 10:25am On Aug 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:

may the spirit of confusion be replaced with the spirit of clarity in your life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Tries To Import An Electric Shock Machine! / Reverend Allan Kiuna's Sex Scandal With A Mistress Sparks Outrage (photos) / Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.