Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,952 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December (1739 Views)

For Those Hypocrites That Said Jesus Wasn't Born On 25th December / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December / Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Solofresh2: 10:32am On Aug 28, 2022
I did some research few days ago only to find out that the real birth day of our Lord Jesus Christ is not December 25th but February 28th.
Now my question is,why do the elites keep lying to us?Why?
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 28, 2022
I'm surprised you just realized that,lol.
Nobody really knows when he was born… or even whether he was born. See, the evidence for his existence is rather sparse. Basically the only account of his birth is the account in the gospels. One single story in one of the gospels, which was then quite clearly copied by the writers of the other gospels.

Other “historical evidence” was written decades after the purported events… and by the way, the gospels themselves were also written decades after the purported events.

Whatever the case may be, “December 25” is more of a tradition than anything else. I think this date was chosen to make the birth of Jesus coincide with some other celebration.

1 Like

Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Solofresh2: 10:34am On Aug 28, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
I'm surprised you just realized that,lol.
Yes on my brother
I just realized it
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by derecho(m): 10:35am On Aug 28, 2022
Wetin concern you and elites?
Read your Bible and face the weightier matters.

3 Likes

Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 28, 2022
Solofresh2:
Yes on my brother
I just realized it
Check my edited comment,the Bible shouldn't be taken to heart because it makes no sense.
25th December was a pagan holiday, because that was the day, shortly after the winter solstice, when the sun began to rise earlier in the morning. This led to the tradition that the sun god (by whatever name, including Sol, Sol Invictus or Apollo) was born on that day. When Christianity began to dominate the Roman Empire, this date was declared to be the birthday of Jesus and named Christmas Day, so that nominal Christians would not be able to attend Christian festivities and pagan festivities at the same time.

1 Like

Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Solofresh2: 10:41am On Aug 28, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

Check my edited comment,the Bible shouldn't be taken to heart because it makes no sense.
25th December was a pagan holiday, because that was the day, shortly after the winter solstice, when the sun began to rise earlier in the morning. This led to the tradition that the sun god (by whatever name, including Sol, Sol Invictus or Apollo) was born on that day. When Christianity began to dominate the Roman Empire, this date was declared to be the birthday of Jesus and named Christmas Day, so that nominal Christians would not be able to attend Christian festivities and pagan festivities at the same time.
Exactly what I found out.
Omo many people are ignorant of many things in this life oo

1 Like

Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Blue86(m): 10:52am On Aug 28, 2022
Never was it pointed in bible that He was born 25th of December.

If He was born 25th, the shepherds would have frozen to death, watching their flocks by night.

The bible has already made that clear.

Now the 25th is a day fixed to celebrate Him.
Not that He was born that day.

Plain simple.
Very reasonable for elites to get.

1 Like

Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by olenyi: 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2022
Solofresh2:
I did some research few days ago only to find out that the real birth day of our Lord Jesus Christ is not December 25th but February 28th.

You came late to the class then. grin grin

Even the Sabbath day was originally on Saturday and not on Sunday. Sun-day was to celebrate the sun god but Christians (I believe Emperor Constantine) shifted to sunday to attract more idol worshipers to join.
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by gsegun43: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
Keep researching, there are so many things to know. Including the true origin of god and religion.

grin

1 Like

Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by 1kinggy(m): 7:58am On Sep 02, 2022
olenyi:

You came late to the class then. grin grin

Even the Sabbath day was originally on Saturday and not on Sunday. Sun-day was to celebrate the sun god but Christians (I believe Emperor Constantine) shifted to sunday to attract more idol worshipers to join.

There's a difference between Sabbath and Sunday. Sabbatharians keep sabbaths, people who get days off use Sundays for their assigned religious activities.
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by OkCornel(m): 8:01am On Sep 02, 2022
Hint: When you know John the Baptist’s birth date/month, you’ll figure out Jesus’ birth month.

It’s circa six months apart;

Luke 1 v 26-27;
26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee,
27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary.

Long story short, Jesus was born sometime in September.

Bear in mind the Jewish calendar is lunar (354 days) as opposed to the globally accepted solar calendar (365 days)

You’ll see more factual details in this link;
https://truthinscripture.net/2016/12/27/jesus-birth-birth-of-john-the-baptist/
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by olenyi: 10:29am On Sep 02, 2022
1kinggy:

There's a difference between Sabbath and Sunday. Sabbatharians keep sabbaths, people who get days off use Sundays for their assigned religious activities.

Go do your research. A Google Search will open your eyes to things.

Below is from a lot of sources. I don't want to post the links so that I don't get banned.

Sunday comes from Old English “Sunnandæg," which is derived from a Germanic interpretation of the Latin dies solis, "sun's day." Germanic and Norse mythology personify the sun as a goddess named Sunna or Sól

How Sunday got its name. The name for Sunday stems from the Middle English word sunnenday, which itself comes from the Old English word sunnandæg. The English derivations stem from the Latin diēs sōlis (“sun's day”). To know why this particular day is devoted to the sun, you have to look to Babylonian times.

For centuries the Romans used a period of eight days in civil practice, but in 321 CE Emperor Constantine established the seven-day week in the Roman calendar and designated Sunday as the first day of the week.

In Roman culture, Sunday was the day of the Sun god. In pagan theology, the Sun was the source of life, giving warmth and illumination to mankind. It was the center of a popular cult among Romans, who would stand at dawn to catch the first rays of sunshine as they prayed.

The Jewish Sabbath (from Hebrew shavat, “to rest”) is observed throughout the year on the seventh day of the week—Saturday. According to biblical tradition, it commemorates the original seventh day on which God rested after completing the creation.

4:1-11; Lev. 23:32; Mark 1:32.) The Doctrinal Points of the Church of God (7th day) (Salem Conference, at 17) state: We should observe the seventh day of the week (Saturday), from even to even, as the Sabbath of the Lord our God.

Warm regards.
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by paxonel(m): 10:43am On Sep 02, 2022
Solofresh2:
nobody lied to you.

25th December was fixed for the celebration, everyone knows that

2 Likes

Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
Solofresh2:
Religion is a tool with which they can wield power over your minds, hence also your pockets. grin

As for your belief that Jesus Christ was born on February 28th, how certain are you that it isn't the same men deceiving you with that one so as to continue controlling your mind, your lives as well as your pockets? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2022
Solofresh2:

Share your research with us.
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Solofresh2: 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Religion is a tool with which they can wield power over your minds, hence also your pockets. grin

As for your belief that Jesus Christ was born on February 28th, how certain are you that it isn't the same men deceiving you with that one so as to continue controlling your mind, your lives as well as your pockets? undecided
Well, I have done my research well and even found out that Jesus Christ is a black man here on Earth and was born in the month of February

1 Like

Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2022
Solofresh2:
Well, I have done my research well and even found out that Jesus Christ is a black man here on Earth and was born in the month of February
Oh I see... you are trading one lie for another. These "elites" have you right where they want you. Goodluck! grin
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
Mumu people everywhere. Even if Jesus was born in leap year and people decide to celebrate his birthday in July, what is wrong in that?

Events are made for man not man for events.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2022
Thanksful:
Mumu people everywhere. Even if Jesus was born in leap year and people decide to celebrate his birthday in July, what is wrong in that?
Events are made for man not man for events.
Did Jesus Christ permit any man to celebrate any such in His name though? undecided
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Did Jesus Christ permit any man to celebrate any such in His name though? undecided

Do Jesus permit people to eat food or drink water?
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
A man can do all good things he desires in his name.
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
Thanksful:
Do Jesus permit people to eat food or drink water?
Do you also pretend to eat and drink water in honor of Jesus Christ? undecided

Abeg, put your brain on correctly for this. Your supposed celebration of His birthday, you pretend to do in Honor of Him only He never commanded you to do any of that meaning you honor Him in vain and in SIN since He insists in His Gospel that you use His Name to do only that which He commands. undecided
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
Thanksful:
A man can do all good things he desires in his name.
So, God was foolish in demanding that you only use His name for that which He, God, has commanded that you do? undecided
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So, God was foolish in demanding that you only use His name for that which He, God, has commanded that you do? undecided

Where did God command you to wear boxers? Or go to school?
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2022
Thanksful:
Where did God command you to wear boxers?
Do you use Wear your boxers in the Name of God? Think... think..think!!! undecided
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Do you use Wear your boxers in the Name of God? Think... think..think!!! undecided

A man can do anything. Good or bad on earth he is lord here. But christian are commanded to do all things in his name. If he chose not to nah him problem.

Can you wrap your head around this?
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2022
Thanksful:
A man and do anything. Good or bad on earth he is lord here. But christian are commanded to do all things in his name. If he chose not to nah him problem.
Can you wrap your head around this?
Where did Jesus Christ give you this command you claim in bold? undecided

We are talking here of Jesus Christ, the same one who said He does not need you to praise Him - John 5 vs 41 - meaning that every time you pretend to praise His Name, you do so against Him and your praise is in vain. undecided

Using the name of God for anything you like amounts to adding your own commandments and doctrines to God's Law and that is sin against God. This is all detailed right there in the Gospels for all those who have ears to hear. undecided
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where did Jesus Christ give you this command you claim in bold? undecided

We are talking here of Jesus Christ, the same one who said He does not need you to praise Him - John 5 vs 41 - meaning that every time you pretend to praise His Name, you do so against Him and your praise is in vain. undecided

Using the name of God for anything you like amounts to adding your own commandments and doctrines to God's Law and that is sin against God. This is all detailed right there in the Gospels for all those who have ears to hear. undecided

First of all I didn't say Jesus said. I said God.

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Col 3: 17.

In the same John 5: 23 the same Jesus said, "That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him."

Honor here means praise. Nah the same chapter ooh

Their is no difference between you and the people you want to teach except you both are taking different path. Both of you are religious zombie.

1 Like

Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
Thanksful:
1. First of all I didn't say Jesus said. I said God.
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Col 3: 17.

2. In the same John 5: 23 the same Jesus said, "That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him."

3. Their is no difference between you and the people you want to teach except you both are taking different path. Both of you are religious zombie.
1. Paul, the one from whose letter you quote there - Colosians 3 vs 17 - never stated that God in fact said that, So, where do you get off claiming God said that?

2. The same Jesus Christ then told you later in that same passage, in John 5 vs 41, that you cannot Honor the Son, Jesus Christ, by praising Him. Why do you have a hard time comprehending that from the same context? undecided
39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and wit is they that bear witness about me,
40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
41 I do not receive glory from people.
42 But I know that you do not have athe love of God within you.
43 I have come in my Father’s name, and cyou do not receive me. dIf another comes in his own name, you will receive him.
44 How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and edo not seek the glory that comes from fthe only God? - John 5 vs 39 - 44
If you carefully digest what is written as it is written, surely you should see that you give glory in vain to one who does not accept glory from people? undecided

3. You do realize that so far, all you have done is desperately seeking ways to make that which is against God seem as though it is... all so you can continue your Old ways instead of than adopting the New, Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Paul, the one from whose letter you quote there - Colosians 3 vs 17 - never stated that God in fact said that, So, where do you get off claiming God said that?

2. The same Jesus Christ then told you later in that same passage, in John 5 vs 41, that you cannot Honor the Son, Jesus Christ, by praising Him. Why do you have a hard time comprehending that from the same context? undecided
If you carefully digest what is written as it is written, surely you should see that you give glory in vain to one who does not accept glory from people? undecided

3. You do realize that so far, all you have done is desperately seeking ways to make that which is against God seem as though it is... all so you can continue your Old ways instead of than adopting the New, Jesus Christ? undecided

So Paul now is the holy spirit because it is written, "all scripture is given by the inspiration of the holy spirit ..."

Oga no dey major on the minor and no dey minor on the major.

1 Like

Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Kobojunkie: 2:01pm On Sep 03, 2022
Thanksful:
1. So Paul now is the holy spirit because it is written, "all scripture is given by the inspiration of the holy spirit ..."

2. Oga no dey major on the minor and no dey minor on the major.
1. Even the words of Satans and demons that are written in scripture were also inspired, but that doesn't make them the Word of God aka Truth. Only the Word of God is TRUE. All other words are lies/opinions. undecided

2. And I see you major well in spewing the doctrines and traditions of your pastors and mogs, lies which Jesus Christ warned His followers to steer clear of - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 - instead of the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, which you are called by God to adopt and obey. undecided
Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Even the words of Satans and demons that are written in scripture were also inspired, but that doesn't make them the Word of God aka Truth. Only the Word of God is TRUE. All other words are lies/opinions. undecided

2. And I see you major well in spewing the doctrines and traditions of your pastors and mogs, lies which Jesus Christ warned His followers to steer clear of - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 - instead of the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, which you are called by God to adopt and obey. undecided

You are calling God a liar now by saying all scriptures were not inspired by him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Todays Devotion,3rd August 2009.(get Ready For Divine Surprises) / The Holy Spirit, Enabler Of Spiritual Growth / fghj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.