Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) (32734 Views)

How To Print Your Guarantor's Form For Nigerian Passport Online / How Can I Apply For An International Passport Online / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 9:45pm On Sep 19, 2022
Justbesure:

Please were you the one that brought/buy the file or it was given to you there
not at all, the file is free
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by duncanmighty: 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2022
Ok bro. Kindly share contact. I read in your earlier post that you got a capture date available a day after you applied online sef just that you only took your time till today. Howch is the official price for niger state?
HELLASJ:

I did it myself and I didn't pay for express as I'm not urgently in need. But if you're ready I can Link you up with someone and you'll get in days but it'll cost you more
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 9:49pm On Sep 19, 2022
duncanmighty:
How soon do you think one can get passport urgently processed and collected in Minna? I need the passport in days so I like you to help with information. Also after applying and paying online, what's the closest date you got for capture appointment?
If I get a good response, I might consider going there
Minna is very free, the day I applied the following day was free for booking appointment.

If you want to get it in days, you'll have to pay extra for urgent service.

It's better you know someone before going so that everything will be finalized, you just go, capture and wait for your passport at agreed date/day
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by duncanmighty: 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2022
Thanks bro. Pls share contact
HELLASJ:

Minna is very free, the day I applied the following day was free for booking appointment.

If you want to get it in days, you'll have to pay extra for urgent service.

It's better you know someone before going so that everything finalized, you just go, capture and wait for your passport at agreed date/day
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 9:53pm On Sep 19, 2022
duncanmighty:
Ok bro. Kindly share contact. How much is the official price for niger state?

https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/application
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2022
duncanmighty:
Thanks bro. Pls share contact
Send me a PM
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by duncanmighty: 7:50am On Sep 20, 2022
I have tried to but disabled to send messages but permission required from the receiver to receive mails. Don't know if you got that
HELLASJ:

Send me a PM
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2022
duncanmighty:
I have tried to but disabled to send messages but permission required from the receiver to receive mails. Don't know if you got that
PM replied.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by AllDModsAreMaad: 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
All the best,I paid my connect 45k..passport ready In 2weeks.

Which state and can you assist me on that.

I need it within a month like this.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by sihamey: 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2022
Has anyone got passport in port Harcourt office ?
My biometric is getting closer and today I called an immigration officer to ask if I need to open a file before capturing date, he said yes that I need to go there a week to my capturing date, at the time he was querying why I did it online that I will still have to pay when I get there. I told him that immigration head quarter stated we shouldn't pay extra fee outside the official price and we should report any officer that want to extort us at the passport office through their email and phone number smiley the guy laugh and said they should come and do my biometric for me then.
Anyway next week I will be at the office to open a file with my spy camera to capture any corrupt officer, i no dey give Shi Shi smiley smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by CASTOSVILLA(m): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2022
HELLASJ:
I paid online for my Nigerian passport last night, I'll be going the DIY way, I won't pay shi shi to anyone.

Applied : 27th August, 2022
Appointment : 19th September, 2022.

They're things that must change in this country.

I'll keep updating this thread.

Join me let's ride cheesy cheesy
I'm new to this please. What DIY
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2022
CASTOSVILLA:
I'm new to this please. What DIY
Do It Yourself
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by CASTOSVILLA(m): 8:25am On Sep 25, 2022
HELLASJ:

Do It Yourself
Thank you
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by duncanmighty: 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2022
Kindly share your contact on email. I wanna find out something from you. In the interim, when are you likely getting your passport as they advised?
HELLASJ:

Pm replied.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by ganiyu26(m): 7:23am On Sep 30, 2022
Good morning NL , please is anyone experiencing this hurdle as mine after capturing a week ago

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by Untube: 3:55pm On Sep 30, 2022
When is my passport due for renewal? Can I apply to renew passport that has not expire but the expiry date is close?

Please I need your candid advice.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by sihamey: 6:37pm On Sep 30, 2022
Untube:
When is my passport due for renewal? Can I apply to renew passport that has not expire but the expiry date is close?

Please I need your candid advice.
If is less then 6 months to expire you can apply for renewal.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by Teewhyso: 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
How do I go about renewal of 9 months to expiration pls
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by sihamey: 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2022
Teewhyso:
How do I go about renewal of 9 months to expiration pls
Officially; It has be 6 months or less to qualify for renewal . Anyway anything is possible in Nigeria but you have to pay very high amount
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by kennyliza: 7:05am On Oct 15, 2022
Hello Nairalanders, I want to do DIY fresh passport, how can I get this document,'Letter of ID from L.G/State of Origin' , we are from Ondo state but base in Lagos
Thank you
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by Teewhyso: 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2022
sihamey:

Officially; It has be 6 months or less to qualify for renewal . Anyway anything is possible in Nigeria but you have to pay very high amount

Thanks for the response
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by Justbesure: 7:40pm On Oct 28, 2022
HELLASJ:
I paid online for my Nigerian passport last night, I'll be going the DIY way, I won't pay shi shi to anyone.

Applied : 27th August, 2022
Appointment : 19th September, 2022.

They're things that must change in this country.

I'll keep updating this thread.

Join me let's ride cheesy cheesy
Please what is the status of your passport processing now, have collected it or awaiting production? Please educate us about it
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2022
Justbesure:

Please what is the status of your passport processing now, have collected it or awaiting production? Please educate us about it

My status is still pending NIN verification, I'm waiting for it to complete 6 weeks before going back to their office l, if nothing happens before then.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2022
ganiyu26:
Good morning NL , please is anyone experiencing this hurdle as mine after capturing a week ago
Send them an email
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by midey93(f): 4:03am On Oct 29, 2022
[quote author=HELLASJ post=116828091]
You're lucky o. I'm currently doing Mine(DIY) in port Harcourt, I can't even begin to speak about the manner of extortions I've been subjected to.

From paying #8500 for modification which I had no choice but to pay since I had a week to my capture date, I went to nimc office in pH but told me I'll pay 10k if I need it in a week, or wait 5 or 6 weeks if I'm not fast tracking it.
I paid 3k for national population certificate
Paid 1k for file arrangement.

Upon submission of file, the lady officer I met collected 5k from me. My capture date is next week Tuesday, I just hope I'm not in for more surprises
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by midey93(f): 4:09am On Oct 29, 2022
[quote author=sihamey post=116973168]Has anyone got passport in port Harcourt office ?
My dear brace yourself o, PH passport office from my observations operates like a cartel o.
I'm equally applying from there, I've already paid 5k for file submission, once you tell them it's DIY, they become hostile towards you.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by sihamey: 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2022
[quote author=midey93 post=117956596][/quote]

Update on my DIY
Visited Immigration office PH On 13th October to submit my file and get it ready before my capturing date next day as directed. All I saw nothing but corruption.

Getting there Officer directed me to go arrange my file at business center next building. Reaching there the guy told me to pay 1k for the file arrangement , I ask him what kind of arrangement ? He said ; Just to put my documents inside the file and give it back to me to return to immigration office, I said okay let me buy the file and do the arrangement myself he refused, I asked him to show me the file he arranged for others, he obliged I scan through it to observe how he arranged it, since I came with all required documents, I move across bought file 50 Naira arrange my documents head back to immigration office, I was directed to savicon office, reaching there I was ask if I did online I responded is there anyone they do offline smiley I saw unfriendly expression on his face he ask me to wait for his colleague (PRO) he is in charge of file submission. Meanwhile I told myself I must submit this file today and I will not pay Shi Shi.
I grab seat and waited for the PRO, when he arrived he checked my file every thing was in Oder he asked me to pay 5k I responded what for he said logistics, I responded ; I don’t have 5k and I did not see anywhere on the immigration website that required me paying additional 5k to submit file
After arguments he directed me to meet PA to controller I moved to the controller office, I approached her and laid my complaint she directed me to another office, getting to the office she directed it happens that the woman is in charge of the Savicon unit and friendly person, she said she will advised I pay the 5k as PRO ask for, I said okay they should give me account number to transfer the money I don’t have cash, she said it must be cash at hand, I know they want to avoid implications as if they know what I plan to do after payment.
What I discovered is that all the top officials in immigration office share from the money they collect from applicant. However, I paid the money to avoid my file been thrown inside dust bin and captured the next day going back next week to check if is ready because they gave me 3 weeks for collection
smiley smiley
I have laid my complaint on their twitter how they extort DIY applicant in immigration office , they collect 8k - 10k for fresh applicant and 5k for renewal if on DIY

6 Likes

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 10:10pm On Oct 29, 2022
[quote author=midey93 post=117956579][/quote]

Wow! This is serious.

You've gone through alot but you should have stood your ground. They'll tell you all manners of lies just to get into your pocket.

Good luck in capturing but don't pay anyone anymore please. Be confident and behave like a government official, they'll be afraid to ask for anything.

That's how I did mine.

Don't forget to gist us how it went, okay?

Good luck with your capturing.

1 Like

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 10:19pm On Oct 29, 2022
sihamey:

Update on my DIY
Visited Immigration office PH On 13th October to submit my file and get it ready before my capturing date next day as directed. All I saw nothing but corruption.

Getting there Officer directed me to go arrange my file at business center next building. Reaching there the guy told me to pay 1k for the file arrangement , I ask him what kind of arrangement ? He said ; Just to put my documents inside the file and give it back to me to return to immigration office, I said okay let me buy the file and do the arrangement myself he refused, I asked him to show me the file he arranged for others, he obliged I scan through it to observe how he arranged it, since I came with all required documents, I move across bought file 50 Naira arrange my documents head back to immigration office, I was directed to savicon office, reaching there I was ask if I did online I responded is there anyone they do offline smiley I saw unfriendly expression on his face he ask me to wait for his colleague (PRO) he is in charge of file submission. Meanwhile I told myself I must submit this file today and I will not pay Shi Shi.
I grab seat and waited for the PRO, when he arrived he checked my file every thing was in Oder he asked me to pay 5k I responded what for he said logistics, I responded ; I don’t have 5k and I did not see anywhere on the immigration website that required me paying additional 5k to submit file
After arguments he directed me to meet PA to controller I moved to the controller office, I approached her and laid my complaint she directed me to another office, getting to the office she directed it happens that the woman is in charge of the Savicon unit and friendly person, she said she will advised I pay the 5k as PRO ask for, I said okay they should give me account number to transfer the money I don’t have cash, she said it must be cash at hand, I know they want to avoid implications as if they know what I plan to do after payment.
What I discovered is that all the top officials in immigration office share from the money they collect from applicant. However, I paid the money to avoid my file been thrown inside dust bin and captured the next day going back next week to check if is ready because they gave me 3 weeks for collection

I have laid my complaint on their twitter how they extort DIY applicant in immigration office , they collect 8k - 10k for fresh applicant and 5k for renewal if on DIY

5k? Wow! I didn't a pay a dime. When they asked me I told them to give a minute to make a call(fake call grin) when I came back, told them that the person I spoke with said there's nothing like that. They asked me where I came from, I told them that Abuja. They paused for minutes, then the officer ordered his boys to take my file to another office.

Na so I Waka from one office to another but still captured without paying a dime.

Sometimes you need to fake somethings to get your way. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 10:21pm On Oct 29, 2022
kennyliza:
Hello Nairalanders, I want to do DIY fresh passport, how can I get this document,'Letter of ID from L.G/State of Origin' , we are from Ondo state but base in Lagos
Thank you

Letter of ID LGA/state is your "State of Origin" you collected from your local government secretariat.
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by sihamey: 11:33am On Oct 30, 2022
HELLASJ:

5k? Wow! I didn't a pay a dime. When they asked me I told them to give a minute to make a call(fake call grin) when I came back, told them that the person I spoke with said there's nothing like that. They asked me where I came from, I told them that Abuja. They paused for minutes, then the officer ordered his boys to take my file to another office.

Na so I Waka from one office to another but still captured without paying a dime.

Sometimes you need to fake somethings to get your way. grin grin
Wow that’s a good trick wink
Did you captured in Port Harcourt ?
Re: Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) by HELLASJ(m): 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
sihamey:

Wow that’s a good trick wink
Did you captured in Port Harcourt ?
We need to be very smart with those guyscheesy cheesy
Not at all, I captured in Niger State but went from Abuja.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead / A Lady Came Out Alive From This Ghastly Accident While Traveling For Easter.PICS / Emdee Tiamiyu Interview With Daddy Freeze After Been Exposed Online (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.