Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum (25558 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / Wife Orders Husband To Sleep With Her Mum In Zimbabwe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by PeachtreeReside(f): 3:39pm On Aug 29, 2022
MIL should have been coming and going till the Godmother leaves.

Your wife's logic is seriously flawed.

1 room is not comfortable for 2 talkless of 4 adults.

Why do you people like to glorify suffering as if there is a medal to be won for being the most suffer heads of all SUFFERHEADS!!!!!!ยก

Talmabout 15 people stayed in half a room for years and were rejoicing in that deplorable state of inconvenience....

Poverty of the mind and soul is a bad thing .

Government should regulate housing ASAP!!!
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Helpout12345: 3:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
And be careful of all those teenagers advising up there. It's beyond their understanding at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Helpout12345: 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2022
kemjoe:

I know you are considering the discomfort that comes with the overcrowding but I would advice that you pretend that you enjoy and love their company. The slightest mistake you make this period may take years to correct. It would even be better that they are the ones that would feel the discomfort the most and complain. It is a phase that would definitely pass.
All parties are happy for the new born baby and it would be nice that they remain that way. As a married man, things would not always go your way. There are times you have to give in to your wife's choices. I know some people would want to think differently but I can assure that that has been the bedrock of my almost 14 years in marriage. There are times I accept my wife's opinion even though I do not agree with it. Sometimes it turns out that her choice is better than mine. If you try not to be chauvinistic all the time, it will definitely help.
Do not allow people to make you think because you give in to your wife's opinion that you have become a "woman wrapper". Some might do worse and advice you to never give in. This is my 2 kobo advice.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by lekonso: 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2022
The mother in law would have waited till Wednesday after the godmother would have left. But now that the wife's mother has has already packed her load to your house, asking her to go back might look like an insult to her, so the best thing to do is to manage the situation till Wednesday when the godmother leaves and their will be space for you. It does not mean you weak, it is an application of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Promosaver: 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2022
Bayyajidda:

Isn't her action already telling?

You have to understand that the other gender get problem(big one),what will happen if she allows her fellow gender to stay
But her actions are telling already
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Smyk13: 3:55pm On Aug 29, 2022
Come o, I thought the mother in-law suppose to have been with her daughter during and after the she deliver, so as to help in taking care of both her daughter and grant child? Why did she have to wait until after some days when a godmother might have already done the hardest of the work before she decided to come over? Or, was she not aware that her daughter was pregnant and she is about to deliver?
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Gbadespet(m): 3:56pm On Aug 29, 2022
To me that mother in law na witch coz she knows there is someone attending to her daughter even while she stayed few street away from theirs,she only wanted to create trouble by coming and the wife is also at fault coz I know her mother must have informed her about her coming and she ought to have explained the situation of things to her and also advise her to wait till Wednesday...
Both the wife and her mother get witch..shikena
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Babathanks(m): 4:03pm On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

You want your wife's mum to pack her kaya back to her house so your wife's so called godmother could stay undecided
Or am imissing something

Stewpid question please
1. This her godmother who/what is she to you undecided

2. Who invited the godmother over (something tells me you were the one that invited her)
For her to use such lines
My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed "that I dont welcome her mother in my house."

Lemme drift a Lil

please what is the gender of your kid?
If it is a boy child kindly look for the neatest waste bin

all the best to you

Is that a proper way to advice someone?
Seems you are a saint
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Chibaby87(f): 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2022
Your mother inlaw shouldn't come unannounced, she suppose to let you and your wife know before coming for omugwo. Pls settle it amicably.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by SPAMBOX7: 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2022
This kind people no need advice. Cos man wey no Sabi handle simple home matters like this no suppose marry sef but here we are. Anyways sha unto the next one

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Lexusgs430: 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2022
Where have real men with real balls, vanished to ........ grin
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by pongwa(m): 4:29pm On Aug 29, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:
My wife recently put to bed our first child. While at the hospital, it's been my wife's godmother who travelled down from another state specifically to be with my wife. Infact, she came straight to the hospital and she has been the one sleeping there with her at night. While I stay with her by day. When am at the hospital to relieve her, she goes to our house to sleep.

My wife's mom and my mom (both live few streets away from ours) do come to the hospital during the day ... So fast forward to yesterday Sunday.

My mother-in-law told my wife she will come after church... Hours after church closed we still didn't see her. Only for her to show up with a big traveling bag. And she knew quite well that my wife's godmother put up at our house.

My house is a one bedroom apartment.

When she came, I asked my wife that now that her mom is here, how will all of us sleep in this house as my wife, our baby and the godmother will sleep in the room, while I stay in the sitting room. She became angry and said they will all stay in the room. But that if I don't want her mom to stay in the house, she will just tell her to go away.

So I told her that the proper thing to do is tell her mom to wait till Wednesday when the godmother lives, then she can come. Besides her house is only few streets away. She can be coming during the day and go back home.

So this night now, the mom has bathed and has gone to stay in the room. The godmother who's now feeling sleepy, had to stay in the living room as she can't go to the room bc her mom is there. Me on the other hand, can't sleep in the living room bc her godmother is in the sitting room.... So I sat at the veranda until 11pm. The cloth I had on was the one I wore since morning. I can't go to the room to change as the mom is there. Neither the living room bc the other woman is there.

My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed that I dont welcome her mother in my house.

Do you think I'm wrong to have told my wife to tell her to wait till Wednesday before she comes?

NB: my mother inlaw and I, live like mother and son until she came yesterday Sunday.
pomo man na in you be. You no even get control inside your own home tue
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by stanisbaratheon: 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2022
You need to be bold in your marriage. You don't allow emotions to get the better of you.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by pongwa(m): 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2022
Gbadespet:
To me that mother in law na witch coz she knows there is someone attending to her daughter even while she stayed few street away from theirs,she only wanted to create trouble by coming and the wife is also at fault coz I know her mother must have informed her about her coming and she ought to have explained the situation of things to her and also advise her to wait till Wednesday...
Both the wife and her mother get witch..shikena
weldone witch spotter
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by pongwa(m): 4:31pm On Aug 29, 2022
Helpout12345:
And be careful of all those teenagers advising up there. It's beyond their understanding at the moment.
some teenagers get sense pass adults o
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Abusadiq01(m): 4:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
UncleDaddy2017:
My wife recently put to bed our first child. While at the hospital, it's been my wife's godmother who travelled down from another state specifically to be with my wife. Infact, she came straight to the hospital and she has been the one sleeping there with her at night. While I stay with her by day. When am at the hospital to relieve her, she goes to our house to sleep.

My wife's mom and my mom (both live few streets away from ours) do come to the hospital during the day ... So fast forward to yesterday Sunday.

My mother-in-law told my wife she will come after church... Hours after church closed we still didn't see her. Only for her to show up with a big traveling bag. And she knew quite well that my wife's godmother put up at our house.

My house is a one bedroom apartment.

When she came, I asked my wife that now that her mom is here, how will all of us sleep in this house as my wife, our baby and the godmother will sleep in the room, while I stay in the sitting room. She became angry and said they will all stay in the room. But that if I don't want her mom to stay in the house, she will just tell her to go away.

So I told her that the proper thing to do is tell her mom to wait till Wednesday when the godmother lives, then she can come. Besides her house is only few streets away. She can be coming during the day and go back home.

So this night now, the mom has bathed and has gone to stay in the room. The godmother who's now feeling sleepy, had to stay in the living room as she can't go to the room bc her mom is there. Me on the other hand, can't sleep in the living room bc her godmother is in the sitting room.... So I sat at the veranda until 11pm. The cloth I had on was the one I wore since morning. I can't go to the room to change as the mom is there. Neither the living room bc the other woman is there.

My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed that I dont welcome her mother in my house.

Do you think I'm wrong to have told my wife to tell her to wait till Wednesday before she comes?

NB: my mother inlaw and I, live like mother and son until she came yesterday Sunday.

Which one be godmother again
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Helpout12345: 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
pongwa:
some teenagers get sense pass adults o

You are right in some cases. Because I believe even stupid people get old.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by pongwa(m): 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2022
Helpout12345:

You are right in some cases. Because I believe even stupid people get old.
succinct!
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Gbadespet(m): 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2022
pongwa:
weldone witch spotter
Is our work now,soft work
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by jamesbridget13(f): 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2022
Why did you guys had to drag someone from another state knowing full well that ur mom n hers live close by. Godmother for come during dedication with that u will know it's for a few days highest.
Now u just have to manage n accommodate them but if u know u won't be able to feed them comfortably please call your wife n explain to her to talk to her mom about d issue. But if u are sure feeding isn't an issue, just manage.

The issue of where to sleep, ur wife should ask her GM to join them in d room.
Concerning ur changing n using d rest room. Inform ur wife whenever u want to. She would ask them to all go out for u to use d convenience n change properly. If u just want to pee, kindly knock on d door n wait for a positive response before u step in. When u are in d rest room, kindly shut d door from d inside

Please that is how most couple with limited space manage this omugwo thing. Remember some people dey face me I face you cry
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by achimendy(m): 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

You want your wife's mum to pack her kaya back to her house so your wife's so called godmother could stay undecided
Or am imissing something

Stewpid question please

2. Who invited the godmother over (something tells me you were the one that invited her)
My wife later came to me outside and was annoyed "that I dont welcome her mother in my house."

Lemme drift a Lil

all the best to you

In hausa language we refer to people like you as BANZA KAWAI

OR

DOGON AKUYA

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by achimendy(m): 5:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
[quote author=Candidlady post=116155636] sad

Or am imissing something

Stewpid question please

Lemme drift a Lil

all the best to you

In hausa we refer to people like you as
BANZA KAWAI

OR

AKUYA
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by emmyN(m): 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2022
Ruke1989:

This is the first time I have liked a woman for her very sensible reasoning. I fall in love already with you not for beauty but for sense

Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Joshcoli(m): 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2022
A woman who just gave birth is normally wild... Na simple thing dey trigger them

Just manage the situation till everything normalise
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by wizkidblogger(f): 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2022
lol. if you na get 2 or 3 bedroom flat, all these drams won't have happened.

abeg, guys should be very ready before getting married n making babes jare

next story pls
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by LadyRosa(f): 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2022
Oyiboman69:
in many countries around the globe,you'll have to pay heavily for such assistance. you're saying this because here in naija,people assume it to be the duty of the mother in-law and other female relatives. had it been they were in in situation where where there is no one to help out,and the op waking up early in the morning fetching water,carrying the baby and running other errands which will almost deprive him of the strength and time to provide for his family...he won't be complaint of where to sleep where he can comfortably maneuvering a place to in a two rooms apartment....
He's a selfish person. why can't he sleeps with his wife in the room with the baby while the other two women sleeps in the parlour,and their assistance called upon when needed?

Lol.
And then when he wants to take his bath,both women will stay on the sitting room untill he is done with his routine, morning and evening.

Is it better one goes to reduce inconveniences?

We are not abroad,but in Nigeria.
What is applicable in Naija is what we are dealing with on this issue.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by seunmind44: 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2022
Marriage count me out, baby mama all the way
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2022
OriOko88:

Why not offer assitance by accomodating the man. I can relate with such experience

he didnt ask. if he did, i would and will allow him into my dormitory. but i guess he went to his brother's house or slept at work those few days..
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Sarsaproko: 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
Just manage until Wednesday nau..
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Bisolanaomi(f): 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2022
Who invited Godmother sef
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Or am imissing something

Stewpid question please

Lemme drift a Lil

all the best to you

I weep for the innocent man that will fall into your hands (Trap). I've been observing you closely than you think. I need see what you look like to help the innocent male folks.
Re: Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum by Eberex(m): 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
This one is heavy.
The godmother must be fond with your wife for her to come all the way down to assist her. That alone is a sacrifice.

The mother lives closeby and do visit her during the day and also know about this godmother. Did she show appreciation and grateful for the care the godmother has shown by coming far to take care of her daughter? Women are funny creatures you know?

Communication was key here or the mother deliberately decided to inconvenience the godmother. Being her mother, yes she must come first but in this case I'm sure she knew she would be going back on Wednesday so why not sacrifice those few days and keep visiting during the day?

As the man I don't see any wrong doing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water / I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! / Man Refuses To Take Child To Hospital After Blood Flowed To Her Head.See Why.PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.