Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:46 PM

After Me There Is No Holiness (CONTINUATION) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / After Me There Is No Holiness (CONTINUATION) (260 Views)

After Me There Is No Holiness / Harbinger Of Darkness (A Mythology Fiction) Continuation / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

After Me There Is No Holiness (CONTINUATION) by LadyInk: 11:25am On Aug 29, 2022
AUTHOR: LadyInk

CHAPTER THREE
...............................................................................................
I was in the class but all of a sudden felt a terrible headache. It was as if my head was about to leave my body and I was rushed to the school clinic. The school authority quickly phoned my parents and they in turn sent Yusuf our driver to fetch me. I felt weird but couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me. I knew within myself that something was amidst.
..............................................................................................

I got back from school to behold a crowd in my compound. I turn to the driver to inquire what was happening but discovered that he was weeping uncontrollably. I was surprised since I just got out of the car with him and he wasn’t weeping then although I guessed he was unusually quiet.
One of our neighbours rushed to me and held me while weeping. She then informed me that my parents were dead. They had died in an accident on their way back from a wedding function. I didn’t know what happened afterwards as I had a blackout. I awoke in my room surrounded by mourners. I wanted to shout but it seemed my voice had lost sound....
Days that followed after the burial of my parents brought hell on me. My uncles seized my father’s properties and sold me to a motel where I would be working for aunt and she in turn would be paying them 5% of the money I make for her. I was just business for both parties.
...............................................................................................

The tap on my door woke me up and Chidube the psychiatrist who saved me when I was hit after escaping came in as usual smiling. He told me that we would be going for a ride. I wasn’t sure whether to be happy but I was at peace with him. He led the way and we proceeded with our journey.
After driving for about twenty minutes, we arrived in a secluded environment mainly surrounded by trees. We got to the gates and the security saluted and opened the gates for us. We got down and a group of young girls ranging from 12-22years welcomed us. I was ushered in to a well decorated sitting room and offered a drink.
The elderly lady there explained to me that the girls I saw were now my sisters as they all leave together as one family. They were all looking good but I discovered that 6 of the girls there were pregnant and I inquired but the lady told me that Chidube in his magnanimity welcomed and accommodated the girls whose parents threw them out when they discovered that they were pregnant. I relaxed and with time bonded with everyone there. Chidube left me with the girls but still came every day to inspect the affairs of the house and check-up on me
I later learnt that Chidube runs the place and that it was like a semi orphanage. He is an oxford graduate and holds a PHD in Psychiatry, he came back to impact his knowledge to his father land. He told me he had found me unconscious by the road side and decided to take me in. He was like my guardian angel and I practically owe my life to him.
The Sunday that followed brought me to a place of worship after a long time. We were all conveyed in a bus that took us to the church. On arrival we were seated in a seat specially kept for us. Chidube was among the officiating pastors. I was amazed on how he handled the crowd during deliverance session. People were practically falling under anointing, I wasn’t in exception
Days ran into weeks and weeks ran into months, I had practically healed and was going through a therapy session with Chidube in order to heal psychologically. I enjoyed the time I spent with him and I began to look for to our private session. He was just so caring and loving, and the fact that he took a stranger like me to his home and catered for me further endeared him to me.
In our of our sessions, I got bold and ask him why he wasn’t yet married and he opened up to me about past painful breakups, he said maybe he wasn’t destined to find a lover. The way they ran the affairs of the house marvelled me. Everything had it own time down to sleeping. Everything was catered for even schooling. The compound was like an estate with several buildinng for different purposes.
The girls that I met few months back gave birth but we didn’t get to see the children as they told us that two died because of the harsh weather and that the remaining four were taken to the nursery outside the compound for proper monitoring in order not to die. They were to return when they were a year old. I found this absurd but somehow Chidube convinced everyone and nobody questioned him nor asked of the kids again.
Two months later, three of the girls there with me were found pregnant. Chidube was angry at first but allowed them to stay. The matron told me that Chidube was just too kind and caring, that he couldn’t afford to throw them out to suffer and that was how the case died down. I was thrilled by this kind gesture.
One sunny afternoon, almost two year after my stay in the estate, Chidube came to speak with me. I noticed he was kind of tense which got me worried. He told me he has been fasting and praying for a long time now for an answer on his life partner and finally, he got his answer. He knelt down to ask for my hand in marriage. I was overwhelmed but excitedly accepted as he was the kind of man I wanted plus he was my saviour without whom I may not have survived in the street.
.............................................................................................

CHAPTER FOUR
My inability to conceive was a major source of concern for me. The frequent miscarriages were just unbearable. Chidube was just too caring but hated to see me sad. He was also frustrated that he would pray for other barren women and they would conceive while I couldn’t bear him a child. He always told me that I will have my baby in my own time.
A church member who is also a friend of mine came to visit me when I returned from the hospital after my miscarriage. We were alone in the sitting room and she told me that she may just have a solution to my constant miscarriages. I was to go with her to see a prophet. I was sceptical but she told me that if I didn’t act quickly, my husband may go to another woman to bear children. I agree since I would do anything to bear my husband children and make my marriage last.
I left immediately my husband had gone to work to visit the prophet with my friend. I told my maid I was going shopping and left. It was a stressful journey of about three hours which got me angry and afraid but my friend reassured me that it was all fine.
Finally, we arrived and to my surprise, it was a hut. I looked at the white chalk drawings on the hut, blood stain, untidy environment; human bones hung on strategic places and needed no soothsayer to tell me that I was in a shrine. I was so scared that I wanted to run away but my friend held me back. She told me that she was able to conceive through the power of the babalawo, that he solved all her problem and would solve mine except I want to remain barren forever.
I was about to leave when I received the shocker of my life, I saw my own husband coming out of the shrine! I pinched myself to be sure that I wasn’t dreaming but it was really him, he was wearing the cloth that I brought out for him this morning. I just slumped to the floor. I watched as he ran to the car to avoid being seen. He couldn’t recognise us as we covered our faces with scarf. My friend consoled me and still begged me to still see the babalawo of which I agreed.
We were ushered in by the maid in waiting who was only tying a white wrapper and white chalk drawing on her body. My heart jumped into my mouth when we came face to face with the babalawo. He was so skinny and scary. He was guarded by two hefty men. The stench from the room nearly chucked me. We were directed to seat on the floor by the babalawo and we complied.
My friend was about explaining why we came but he instead told me to open my palms. He chanted some incantations, looked at me and shook his head. He told me that the man that left a while ago is my husband of which I confirmed. He tonarrate my husband’s history to me.
He told me my husband was a ritualist; he belonged to a fraternity of which his father was the leader. He succeeded his father when he died after being stabbed by me. My husband got to know that I was the one that stabbed him and decided to marry me in order to punish me. I was to have fourteen miscarriages of which the blood would be donated at their altar and on my fifteenth miscarriage, I would die alongside the baby which would make his vengeance complete.
He further told me that his prophetic power was from drinking blood and that he already had four children with another woman. He also runs an orphanage of which he takes in pregnant stranded young ladies or young ladies and then impregnates them, at birth he kills the child and they would hold a feast with it in his fraternity thus giving him more power.
I was totally dumbfounded with all this revelation, he also further explained that he controls the mind of everyone he met which makes no one to oppose him including those ladies whose children were taken away. I sat back and wept. I did not believe that my husband who couldn’t hurt a fly could commit all those atrocities but what convinced me was his presence at the shrine.
The babalawo told me that it was the spirit of my late parents that directly my meeting with him in order to prevent my death. I was to remain there and perform some ritual cleansing to buy back my soul from the clutches of my husband and return on the third day to be greeted with the news of his death.
I obeyed and followed all directives even though it was against my fate. On the third day, I returned home to be greeted my mourners in my compound. They were all wailing and consoling me and I joined in the wailing since there was no need revealing what he did as he was already dead and couldn’t affirm nor deny the accusation. I learnt from them that he had a heart attack while preaching and died before the arrival of the doctor.
A week later, his burial was arranged. All dignitaries from far and wide came to console m. I was to speak at his funeral and I spoke well of him since there was no need to slander a dead man. One of the pastors working in the church came forward and told me that ‘after him there is no holiness’ I just pretended not to hear and the burial ceremony went on successfully.
Three months later, I visited the orphanage that Chidube ran for the first time after I got married, I called a man of God to do total deliverance and dedicate the place to God which he did. I then restructured the administration and turned it into a proper orphanage, with the help of the church; we built a skill acquisition centre for the ladies to keep them busy.

THE END

(1) (Reply)

I Need Someone Who Can Write A Professional Press Release / Benefits Of Writing Online Articles. / My Majesty - Feather's Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.