Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,425 members, 7,808,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement (25189 Views)

Half Salary: ASUU Declares One-Day Nationwide Protest Rally / ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike Nationwide / NANS Gives FG 7 Days Ultimatum To Call Off Strike, Plans National Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by MT: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2022
This FG is weak. Advertise their positions. Bring in individuals that are ready to impact the students with modern knowledge.

Most of these set of lecturers are greedy, incompetent, selfish and using the students as shields.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Doorlarss(m): 8:18am On Aug 30, 2022
Every university students chop breakfast. Hahahahaha dis PoliThieveCians hates students f*ck u APC, ASUU. FG
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by KushLyon(m): 8:21am On Aug 30, 2022
Thank God I started learning programming since April, I knew this strike will be a very long one, all of dem dey mad
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by OkoRemi2023(m): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2022
dmostcheerful:
Government said no money to settle ASU.
But they are taking there salary both executive and judiciary and this citizens are suffering.
And to my bemusement 40% of those student from the waste(that claim there are the most enlightened in the whole federation) are busy campaigning for a failed unaccountable government because their sick, corrupt brother is vying for Presidency.
After imposing the semi-lifeless one on Nigerian.
I keep saying it, what ever Tinubu think will make Nigeria better, if he said he can make Nigeria work, let him tell Buhari so he can start it.
When or if it works we can consider him for local government chairman.

you're a foooooooooooooooooooooooool

when Anambra doctors went on strike for 13months or so, didn't your parents queue to collect 500naira from peter obi and vote apga his successor, Willie Obiano?

you monkeys have the most useless gov in Abia state, he did absolute nothing in his first term, your mothers queue again for kerosene and reelect the fool

you're now blaming Tinubu for Buhari inability to meet up with ASUU demand that Gej couldn't meet up with his promise in his 4yrs govt, yet the Gej is you people hero till date despite creating a lot of problem for our undergraduates

you're just a fooooooooool

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by slaxe3: 8:25am On Aug 30, 2022
The Federal government should just try and settle with them once and for all

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Honjoshy4u: 8:26am On Aug 30, 2022
Spherica177:
Stop playing politics with everything guy

Then tell them to settle ASUU.
They money to construct road to a neighboring country, buy jeeps for another but make our children go to school, NO.
By the way.., all of them get certificate issues.
We asked Buhari to bring WAEC, he hired 70 SAN. We asked Tinubu to bring his, he gave us affidavit!
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by kingsleyani(m): 8:33am On Aug 30, 2022
Truth be told, ASSU is becoming greedy.
I still don't know why our President commander in chief of the Armed forces, has not used tactical measures to bring those criminals to book
disband and proscrib ASSU with immediate effect.
Sue them to court for requesting salary of job not done.
NANS should be called for protest.
this time is not the best time for all this their strike, because this is almost a concluding government who may sign anything and the next administration may ignore it.
let ASSU strick be called off or legal action should be used against them

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Nonswa(m): 8:34am On Aug 30, 2022
Jagabanofafrica:
I am blaming the two sides , they should negotiate rather than playing politics with education .
Also the request of ASUU is much, where do they want federal government to get 1.1trillion naira.

Educational sector is very important, but we have other sectors too.
The two of them should consider the innocent students.

Just one chunk of recovered Abacha Loot, is enough to settle ASUU.

Meanwhile, contact me for your Philippine VISA. our office is at Wuse; Abuja. We're reliable and fast. Email: ecomat73@gmail.com

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Harmattan123(m): 8:38am On Aug 30, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
FG VS ASUU

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by foleskay(m): 8:40am On Aug 30, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
These PDP people disguising as ASUU have really rubbished education in Nigeria. Just to score some political goals. The teeming youths and students should ask ASUU who are they really fighting for? I have never heard any strike based on student welfare since I was born, it has always been salary, salary and more salary. Bunch of selfish and heartless people.
Stop capping nonsense.. You lots will just come online and start spreading your ignorance everywhere. I've you even read ASUU memorandum to find out no issue of students welfare is there. People like you should be restricted from commenting in public space undecided
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by zicoraads: 8:43am On Aug 30, 2022
kingsleyani:
I still don't know why our President commander in chief of the Armed forces, has not used tactical measures to bring those criminals to book
this time is not the best time for all this their strike, because this is almost a concluding government who may sign anything and the next administration may ignore it.
let ASSU strick be called off or legal action should be used against them[/quote

[quote author=kingsleyani post=116187633]Truth be told, ASSU is becoming greedy.
How is ASUUbecoming greedy?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by foleskay(m): 8:44am On Aug 30, 2022
Maccar02:
This pdp man again ....Asus chairman and pdp their 5/6
So all ASUU members are pdp members. Your mumu will soon do. undecided
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by salem1996: 8:47am On Aug 30, 2022
spy24:
ASUU is just being unreasonable...

Really? You think so? Am not happy the strike is actually going on, but on the other hand this Nigerian government don't care about anything education, reasons why they will never pay attention to ASUU. You think the money ASUU is asking is much or what? Is it not same Govt. that just sign N6B+ for cattle ranching? Is it not same people pouring out millions just to buy Presidential tickets? There children ain't studying here, and they don't even need schools to gain employment cus with looted money they can open businesses and employ educated ones to run it for them. Here you are, blaming ASUU? In as much as I use to hate ASUU, I can't shift from the fact that when a dog bites its owner, it means the owner acted like a thief or stranger.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Gabbriell: 8:59am On Aug 30, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
These PDP people disguising as ASUU have really rubbished education in Nigeria. Just to score some political goals. The teeming youths and students should ask ASUU who are they really fighting for? I have never heard any strike based on student welfare since I was born, it has always been salary, salary and more salary. Bunch of selfish and heartless people.

ASUU is fighting for their members.

Their Job is not to fight for students...they only fight for what is beneficial for themselves and their work.
Go and hold your students union....they (NANS) are the ones tasked with the responsibility of fighting for students.

I repeat, students deserve this strike. The only innocent victims here are the traders and communities that depends on university operations to survive.

Students should continue watching Big Brother 9ja, Trolling online and expect ASUU and FG to come to their senses.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Spherica177: 9:08am On Aug 30, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

Then tell them to settle ASUU.
They money to construct road to a neighboring country, buy jeeps for another but make our children go to school, NO.
By the way.., all of them get certificate issues.
We asked Buhari to bring WAEC, he hired 70 SAN. We asked Tinubu to bring his, he gave us affidavit!
all these will not stop Tinubu from winning if you don't know. Lol, you think you're in US or UK? This is Nigeria so stop overworking yourself unnecessary

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by aniefiokfred: 9:13am On Aug 30, 2022
Jagabanofafrica:
I am blaming the two sides , they should negotiate rather than playing politics with education .
Also the request of ASUU is much, where do they want federal government to get 1.1trillion naira.

Looking at it critically, ASUU wouldn't have embarked on incessant strikes if government had earlier on played their cards well. FG wants to render public varsities moribund. They have engaged ASUU in baseless, meaningless and fruitless meetings which always ended in deadlock and no concrete and objective agreement s have been reached.

Let FG government put their house in order and settle the issue of ASUU strike once and for all. Public education system is deteriorating, some universities looks like semi secondary schools
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Jman06(m): 9:33am On Aug 30, 2022
kingsleyani:
I think that's what FG might do next. Sign anything signable and leave ASUU and the next government to battle with the implementation.

If I were FG, I'll sign the renegotiated agreement and pay the salary arrears just to get our students back to school. Then, I'll register CONUA and do the little I can afford to do within the short period left for this administration to end, even if it means paying only 3 months salary for the remaining 9 months before handover, if that is the much I can realistically pay.

Then ASUU will be left to battle it out with the next government.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by EmeraldHash(m): 9:44am On Aug 30, 2022
KushLyon:
Thank God I started learning programming since April, I knew this strike will be a very long one, all of dem dey mad

How did you start bro?
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 30, 2022
Wisetrue99:
My advise to intended or undergraduate is to go learn a skill, especially in your area of study, so that when school open, you go just collect your CERTIFICATE, dey claim undergraduate upandan. grin grin

Yes! Thats the only benefit of government owned Nigerian universities!

Improve yourself, make money, find a way out of the country and study in an impactful condusive environment

Until we can take back Nigeria, no just wait! None of their children is studying in Nigeria! The ones that are here are either in private, underaged or about to!

No dull yourself!

Thank you!!!!! :-)

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by s4short: 10:02am On Aug 30, 2022
Awise09:

Were do they get money to run government?

So they should give lecturers all the money because you are the only ones that exist in the country? , I bet you that if the current ASUU chairman is elected president he won't be able to meet their demands.
As if you people are living in another planet and cannot see the economic challenges the country is facing, no money to even fund next year's budget.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Temi2468: 10:07am On Aug 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Don’t mind him, also add “where is all the abacha loot and Paris refund”

Abi o.
It pains me when people just come to social media to type whatever they want without course to fact finding first.

I like objectiveness.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by kodab: 10:25am On Aug 30, 2022
Jagabanofafrica:

help me tell some mumu wey dey complain about FG ASUU own too much abeg ,Atleast professor wey dey collect 500k is okay na because dem plenty pass senator and rep member ,professor wey dey our fed university alone enter almost 2k
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Ganbite: 10:30am On Aug 30, 2022
adenigga:
[b]The Academic Staff Union of Universities has declared a total and indefinite strike.

Source: https://punchng.com/ASUU-declares-ndefinite-strike-plans-increased-media-engagement
[/b]

I swear FG knows what they are doing, resuming ASSU will bring a total failure for APC-led administration come 2023 as student from various schools stage a protest to force this administration out..

Calling off the ASSU strike is like forcing them out because we the Youth and sound Nigeria want OBI-DATTI and we are indeed Obedient and if he does not perform well come 2027 we will also force him out just as we did in the case of Jonathan may the almighty God forgive us because the whole mistake started from those who convinced us to force Jona out... now we will force APC as a whole out also .. then we will test the new party ...

How can a man in his early 80s be clamouring or aspiring to be a president of this great Nation called Nigeria if not madness and greedy someone that ought to have been retired from politics .. sees many great nations I mean the western world are using people of young age to pilot their nation.. Macron, Putin e.t.c they didn't start to rule at 70s not to talk of the 80s ....

The ASSU are right and if they don't get it now they won't get it again so it's their right I just pray that Power Holding should join so all of us will feel the hit together stupid administration if not madness self how can meaningful Nigeria will still be campaigning for this Party after all the damages they have done to us... Stupid plp morgaging the future of their children with ignorance just cuz of 10k or 100k
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Honjoshy4u: 10:31am On Aug 30, 2022
Spherica177:
all these will not stop Tinubu from winning if you don't know. Lol, you think you're in US or UK? This is Nigeria so stop overworking yourself unnecessary

Tinubu can never enter the rock of Aso. So stop dreaming. God has already rejected the devilish muslim-muslim insensitive ticket.
The North will never abandon their son for a minority Kanuri VP and a greedy old man whose geo zone have done 16 years presidency.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Tzar(m): 10:41am On Aug 30, 2022
How old are you? Clowns like you attempt to change the narrative! Before I left Nigeria, 2 of my friends were killed and 3 incarcerated.
Unfortunately, evil people like you attempt to make it look like it never happened!
Unlike this slowpoke, please sane individuals should please google ‘Civil society protest Abacha’ OR ‘Students protest Abacha’.
There are evil mad people in Nigeria who are hell bent on changing the narrative! I have posted some of the links of our struggle with evil Abacha below.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/police-clamp-down-on-rally-against-abacha-1.137971

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/students-step-up-abacha-protest/106445.article

https://allafrica.com/stories/199811180144.html

https://1997-2001.state.gov/global/human_rights/1996_hrp_report/nigeria.html

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/06/12/world/military-rulers-ban-a-protest-march-in-lagos.html

https://books.openedition.org/ifra/653?lang=en

rusher14:

What did you fight?

There were no protests during Abacha's time.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by lanrex101: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2022
I don’t know why you guys are not blaming the so called ASUU

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Spherica177: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

[b]Tinubu can never enter the rock of Aso. [/b]So stop dreaming. God has already rejected the devilish muslim-muslim insensitive ticket.
The North will never abandon their son for a minority Kanuri VP and a greedy old man whose geo zone have done 16 years presidency.
I love the statement at bolded. I wish i know you in person to see how you'd feel if eventually he win

I sincerely wish to look into your face after the election, since you've known who'd succeed Buhari
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by rusher14: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2022
Tzar:
How old are you? Clowns like you attempt to change the narrative! Before I left Nigeria, 2 of my friends were killed and 3 incarcerated.
Unfortunately, evil people like you attempt to make it look like it never happened!
Unlike this slowpoke, please sane individuals should please google ‘Civil society protest Abacha’ OR ‘Students protest Abacha’.
There are evil mad people in Nigeria who are hell bent on changing the narrative! I have posted some of the links of our struggle with evil Abacha below.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/police-clamp-down-on-rally-against-abacha-1.137971

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/students-step-up-abacha-protest/106445.article

https://allafrica.com/stories/199811180144.html

https://1997-2001.state.gov/global/human_rights/1996_hrp_report/nigeria.html

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/06/12/world/military-rulers-ban-a-protest-march-in-lagos.html

https://books.openedition.org/ifra/653?lang=en

Sharap with your lies.

There were civil rights campaigners and advocacy groups and absolutely no student protests.

Stop making yourself a hero when you aren't.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Honjoshy4u: 11:20am On Aug 30, 2022
Spherica177:
I love the statement at bolded. I wish i know you in person to see how you'd feel if eventually he win

I sincerely wish to look into your face after the election, since you've known who'd succeed Buhari

He won't win.
Period!
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by AgboC: 11:20am On Aug 30, 2022
dmostcheerful:
Government said no money to settle ASU.
But they are taking there salary both executive and judiciary and this citizens are suffering.
And to my bemusement 40% of those student from the waste(that claim there are the most enlightened in the whole federation) are busy campaigning for a failed unaccountable government because their sick, corrupt brother is vying for Presidency.
After imposing the semi-lifeless one on Nigerian.
I keep saying it, what ever Tinubu think will make Nigeria better, if he said he can make Nigeria work, let him tell Buhari so he can start it.
When or if it works we can consider him for local government chairman.
which local government chairman? He is simply good for his household chairman. Let him go and rest.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by AgboC: 11:22am On Aug 30, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
just like you. So brainless.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement by Spherica177: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

He won't win.
Period!
The gods has spoken

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogunbamowo Damilola Abigail To Sue UNN Over Her Matric Number, NYSC Mobilization / First Class Graduate / NUC Names 41 Illegal Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.