Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,000 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Should Christians Fail? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Fail? (1181 Views)

The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Christians Fail When They Make Their Boast In The Flesh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Fail? by Azibalua(f): 11:38pm On Aug 08, 2011
It's important to know the life we have been called into as Christians,it's a life of prosperity and victory,yet we see some Christians fail in various aspects of life,even if this ought not to be
The question is why is this so? And what can be done to help the situation?
Re: Should Christians Fail? by manmustwac(m): 12:25am On Aug 09, 2011
Very good question . Christians pray go to church pay thier tithes read the bible and what is it that they say "if god be for us then who can be against us?" Am anxiously waiting to hear thier replies to this question kiss
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Image123(m): 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2011
Jesus came to save us from SIN, not from failing exams or interviews, or businesses. God is able and willing to help us in everything we do though, if we involve Him. Note though that there're natural laws and standards already set for ALL. Anyone who sows corn would reap corn.
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Joagbaje(m): 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2011
Christians fail through the lack of knowledge and lack of faith
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Azibalua(f): 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2011
Image123:

Jesus came to save us from SIN, not from failing exams or interviews, or businesses. God is able and willing to help us in everything we do though, if we involve Him. Note though that there're natural laws and standards already set for ALL. Anyone who sows corn would reap corn.
are christians functioning by natural laws?
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Image123(m): 11:44pm On Aug 09, 2011
^
The context conveyed of natural laws are e.g gravity, hunger, sickness, aging, death, tiredness, forgetting etc. Christians and every other person on earth are still subject to these. It's takes special miracle and purpose to escape these and it's seldom.
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Zodiac61(m): 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2011
May I say that the question has not been properly formulated.
It should read, "Why shouldn't christians fail?".
They should not fail if it can be established that the ordinary laws of nature are generally suspended to accomodate their superstitious beliefs.
They should not fail if it can be established that above all other groups they are specially selected by the big fairy in the sky for special things.
Image123:

^
The context conveyed of natural laws are e.g gravity, hunger, sickness, aging, death, tiredness, forgetting etc. Christians and every other person on earth are still subject to these. It's takes special miracle and purpose to escape these and it's seldom.
Wrong - these are not seldom, these are never.
These truth is, despite the special pleadings and so on, the only difference between the religious and the rest of us, is their belief in the existence of god, irrational though the belief is.
Christians "fail" because people fail, christains fall ill because people fall ill, christian businesses fail because businesses fail, christain students fail examinations because students fail examinations. No more no less.
No special favours, no miracles, no purpose.
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Image123(m): 3:14pm On Aug 10, 2011
^
From experience, it does happen but it's seldom. You don't believe in miracles anyway, so don't bother yourself.
Re: Should Christians Fail? by omaojo1: 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2011
It all depends on what your definition of failure is.

The instruction is for us to seek his kingdom first. Having done that, eternity in heaven you and i know is the reward.

Will you then say that somebody who has failed judging by our wordly parameters and made heaven is a failure?

Remember Romans 8:28-
''And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose''.

Eternal goodness guides all things to a beneficient end even when the benevolence is not realised in the present time.
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Zodiac61(m): 5:18pm On Aug 10, 2011
Image123:

^
From experience, it does happen but it's seldom. You don't believe in miracles anyway, so don't bother yourself.
I am afraid, but evidence from personal experience is not evidence. If I told you that unicorns exist from personal experience, would you accept that as evidence that unicorns exist?
In any event, what is the use of a god who allows miracles only seldomly.
You are right about one thing though, I do not believe in miracles because miracles never happen.
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2011
Because christians have been so deceived into thinking that they are more special than all the "worldly" others, which they are clearly NOT. The christian sheeple ought to have realized, by now, that their priesthood only tell them what they want to hear in order to create the feel good factor in them so as to make them keep coming back and parting with their hard-earned cash. This game of manipulation of the masses has been going on for thousands of years.
The christian priesthood play on or manipulate their collective(and individual) EGO the way gambling slot machines do. Just like gamblers will keep going back to slot machines in hope of beating them, so will the christian flocks keep going back to hear the "feel good about themselves" messages specially and cannily prepared by their priesthood.  It is so pathetic that it beggars belief. Next sunday is a new date for another massive dose of EGO BOOST DOPING.

Conclusion? There is nothing about you, christians, that is more special than any other human being out there, who do not share your beliefs. It is a lie straight from the pit of the dark places told to you to keep the christianity cult alive and well, by the priesthood. YOU will fail or triumph in this life exactly like everybody else. Sorry to have to bust you bubble like this with cold hard realism, but it is only for your own good. Time to wake up.
Azibalua:

It's important to know the life we have been called into as Christians,it's a life of prosperity and victory,yet we see some Christians fail in various aspects of life,even if this ought not to be
The question is why is this so? And what can be done to help the situation?
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Image123(m): 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2011
^
Actually its no 'bubble burst'. Jesus already told us i.e believers, that in the world we would have tribulations, and sufficient to the day is the evil, and that we are the most miserable of all people but for our heavenly hope. What we have is above this world, greater than. This world is just qualifier and friendlies. The next world is the 'world cup/league of champions.' Heaven is the HOST. You don't want to be majoring/gloating on earth minors if you're smart.
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:11am On Aug 11, 2011
Sorry to burst your bubble again, brethren, but Jesus told you no such things. The christian priesthood, on the other hand, did. If you really believe that Jesus said that you are to be miserable here on earth in the hope for some heavenly bliss in the afterlife, then you're a big fool who lives in the total grip of the priesthood mind manipulations.
Image123:

^
Actually its no 'bubble burst'. Jesus already told us i.e believers, that in the world we would have tribulations, and sufficient to the day is the evil, and that we are the most miserable of all people but for our heavenly hope. What we have is above this world, greater than. This world is just qualifier and friendlies. The next world is the 'world cup/league of champions.' Heaven is the HOST. You don't want to be majoring/gloating on earth minors if you're smart.
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Image123(m): 6:44am On Aug 11, 2011
^
you're bo ignorant child, you don't disappoint yet.Go and read more Bible ehn?
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2011
Read bible ko, eat bible ni. Who get time to read that jewish vile book? I get better thing to do with my time. Only fools read it and live by it.
Image123:

^
you're bo ignorant child, you don't disappoint yet.Go and read more Bible ehn?
Re: Should Christians Fail? by mabell: 9:49pm On Aug 11, 2011
@poster,

NO[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

[size=8pt][/size]

Afterall Jesus never fails!
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Zodiac61(m): 12:03am On Aug 12, 2011
mabell:

@poster,

NO

Afterall Jesus never fails!
Yeah, right.
Except, that he has not come back yet, even though (according to the inerrant bible), he promised to return within the lifetime of some of his listeners.
If his failure to return as promised is not failing, I wonder what is.
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Image123(m): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2011
Did Jesus say that He'd come back before His disciples die, or is it your comprehension that's poor?
Re: Should Christians Fail? by kodewrita(m): 7:58am On Aug 12, 2011
Ecclesiastes 9:11:

I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.
Re: Should Christians Fail? by mabell: 8:41am On Aug 12, 2011
Zodiac61:

Yeah, right.
Except, that he has not come back yet, even though (according to the inerrant bible), he promised to return within the lifetime of some of his listeners.
If his failure to return as promised is not failing, I wonder what is.
What you do not know don't say,
There are things that must happen before he comes
Trust me they are happening fast.
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Zodiac61(m): 10:46am On Aug 12, 2011
Image123:

Did Jesus say that He'd come back before His disciples die, or is it your comprehension that's poor?

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
Mark 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.
Mark 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
Luke 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Also see Luke 21:8 - 27
Luke 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

@Image123 - The first thing I will say to you is that you clearly are the one who suffers from poor comprehension. Did I mention disciples?
Secondly, it is quite clear that like most who profess to be christians, you lack knowledge of the contents of your "holy" book. Do not take my word for it, read the above passages in your bible. You might be educated about the false (and failed) prophesies of Jesus.

mabell:

What you do not know don't say,
There are things that must happen before he comes
Trust me they are happening fast.

Examples, please.
Tell us what is new under the sun.
In other words, put up or shut up.
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Image123(m): 8:51pm On Aug 12, 2011
@zodiac
Of course you didn't mention 'disciples', but you may want to know that the disciples of Jesus were His listeners. You can't be a disciple without hearing/listening to and believing in Jesus, and if you read the accounts you thought that you quoted, you'll notice Jesus speaking to His disciples. Anyway, Stop making childish points.

Now secondly,

Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
Mat 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into a high mountain apart,
Mat 17:2 And was [size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]transfigured[/size][/size][/size] before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Mar 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.
Mar 9:2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into a high mountain apart by themselves: and he was [size=8pt]transfigured[/size] before them.
Mar 9:3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.

Luk 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
Luk 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
Luk 9:28 And it came to pass about eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.
Luk 9:29 And as he prayed, the fashion of [size=8pt]his countenance was altered[/size], and his raiment was white and glistering.
Luk 9:30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elijah:
Luk 9:31 Who appeared [size=8pt]in glory[/size], and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.
Luk 9:32 But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, [size=8pt]they saw his glory[/size], and the two men that stood with him.

Try to read through the little projection above, seeing you don't enjoy small screen. If you'd notice, or at least others(more importantly believers) would notice, the talk about seeing the kingdom was fulfilled in six days. Jesus was TRANSFIGURED before some. They saw His glory. They had a taste of the kingdom, the glory that Peter so much talked about in his epistles when he referred to the second coming of Christ. The same which John affirmed to have seen when he was writing his gospel and which he saw more of in the Revelations and penned down. [s]Let's stop there lest we daze our atheist friends.[/s]

Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Another case of misunderstanding due to poor comprehension. The question Jesus was answering was about WHEN if you can see. To this, he clearly said NOBODY knows when. He however dropped hints of signs and events, inside which He said that this generation shall not pass away, till all these things be done/fulfilled.
In case you still didn't get that, He means that the generation that would experience all the things He talked about is the generation.
Re: Should Christians Fail? by Zodiac61(m): 10:25pm On Aug 12, 2011
I am not surprised - I knew that this was going to happen.
The words are quite clear and easy to understand.
But oh no!! Not to the believer - There always has to be a twist to the tale.
Exegesis the theist would call it - The art of making biblical words not mean what they say.
Dishonesty - the rest of of us would call it.
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

What If Jesus Promised Men 72 Virgins? / Why Do People, Especially Youths, Avoid Deeper Life Bible Church / Can Humans Be Perfect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.