Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements (38071 Views)

Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo / Kano Govt Bans Movies Showing Kidnapping, Drug Addiction / Osun Government Bans Social Gatherings At This Year's Osun-Osogbo Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Chuksaluta(m): 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
Connected1:
A good way to increase patronage of local contents, it should spread to other areas too, so can employment rate can increase and the youths can be encouraged too.

We depend too much on foreign things, that we assume them as superior.

I'm sure the DG is driving a foreign SUV, he should lead by example with nigerian made vehicle
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Streett: 8:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
Useless dirty achievement
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by yommen: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2022
izzou:
Is this the best way to solve the issue?

Why not add more requirements and increase the fees for ads with foreign artist, voice overs and contents?

That way, you encourage clients to go local, and also make more revenue if they insist on foreign names

The government should ban is importation of crude oil products and fix local refineries. That'll have better impact.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
Obainomilano:
..you and. Your entire family till generation enternity will continue to enjoy the kind of life apc gave Nigerias..the best that will happen to your life will always be just like the life of the average Nigerian under apc.. hopeless
tongue
This b*stard is pained, you tears is lovely, keep it coming boy..
My life is already a testimony but that hopelesness you wished for me will be your portion Amen..

One unfortunate homo sapien spotted.
Obituary ppl body dey quick pepper them.
Vote tinubu and your life will be a blessing. Note pit obituary and experience obituaries grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by magicminister: 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2022
Excellent move. It’s radical but this is a great step towards reorientation of Nigerians.
I remember when they mandated 80% local content on radios on TVs; without that single law, our music would not have gone anywhere!!!
If you see something good, praise it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Uzomarrr12345: 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
baretalk:
Very good. We have lots of good voices here.
But if you hear say for Europe , dem ban Nigerians or Africans from taking local jobs

Una go shout racism

Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by adefitim(m): 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
litaninja:
When has any ban actually turned out right for nigeria?
That's NOT how free economies work. That's why Nigeria is in this situation today.

The ban on Foreign music nko?

It really help Naija Music to grow
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Tonnierichy(m): 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
Timekeeper452:
I swear this government no get sense. You ban them from doing all these in your country in other to promote a local community but still end up sending your children abroad to school and also going abroad for medical checkups and treatment? You buy weapons from them and borrow loans from them. Who dey mumu?
No long talk. You are a bloody hypocrite. Maybe nobody in your family has ever attained an height of greatness sha. Or poverty has programmed your mind to think like this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Juoflife1(f): 9:15pm On Aug 30, 2022
And other countries will allow Nigerian models on their products and adverts abi.. Okoo make una no cry racism tomorrow sha

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by bewla(m): 9:22pm On Aug 30, 2022
081087n:
APC with balls cheesy
We need APC again for 2023.
We want experience not experiment
Voice over for obi campeign

Two short
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
Foreign oil companies are pumping as much oil as they can carry and carting it away without paying fully for their loads. Costing us tens of billions of dollars annually.

Foreign companies run our lucrative telecom sector. repatriating billions of dollars abroad as profit

Foreign airlines dominate our lucrative aviation industry repatriating billions of dollars abroad as profit

Foreign firms swindled us out of our $1Trillion Malabu oil block repatriating billions of dollars abroad as profit

Foreign Multinationals like Shoprite has cornered our market for major supermarkets repatriating billions of dollars abroad as profit

But forget all the above, let us celebrate the banning of a handful of lowly paid models mainly from our smaller neighbouring countries looking for opportunity for some work.

Perspective is very important abeg!
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Microwhy: 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
Timekeeper452:
I swear this government no get sense. You ban them from doing all these in your country in other to promote a local community but still end up sending your children abroad to school and also going abroad for medical checkups and treatment? You buy weapons from them and borrow loans from them. Who dey mumu?
Then how do we grow ours?
It should start somewhere.
Don't be waah..
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by adebayo111: 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2022
TollMind:
Heading to Islamization?
All this children on nairaland ehn. islamization ko, babalawozation ni. must u bring religion to everything?
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by asanausana91: 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

This is the height of idiocy. Developed nation's didn't become developed by stopping their citizens from leaving, and destroying international relations. The only countries that did that were communist nation's which were all dirt poor.
am I talking to a foool? I don't want to believe that a normal human being must insult someone he had never mate before passing his message across.
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by grandstar(m): 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
This is unfair. What if other countries decide to retaliate? Nigerian models are used overseas for many shoots. My niece who is mixed British regularly encounters Nigerian models in South Africa.

Many of the world's biggest advertising agencies are global. Some of their clients request an ad that will cover a certain region or even worldwide. Now, if Lux soap has a TV advert that covers the entire African market, it will now be forced to make one specifically Nigeria. This is so unfair.

What's the big deal about voiceovers? There are lots of voiceover freelancers on Fiverr and Upwork and many Nigerians are there.

The country's love for protectionism is simply amateurish and should be curbed. Protectionism has failed miserably in industrializing the economy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Fearyourcreator: 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
Timekeeper452:
So you mean you smarter than everyone in government... Okay

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by SunTzu123(m): 10:04pm On Aug 30, 2022
081087n:
APC with balls cheesy
We need APC again for 2023.
We want experience not experiment

You need APC
Yes, so that your Naira will finally become N2,000 to the Dollar
Yes, so that no University will ever be in session
Yes, so that our refineries never work and we continue to import.
Yes, so that "subsidy will continue to be a scam.
Yes, so that our debt will be so huge that your children to the 19th generation can not repay. (Notice I said "your children"
Yes, so that poverty level for your family will continue to rise. (Notice I said for your family
Yes, so that your people like you and the ones your family cannot get jobs,
Yes, so that your children will only be recruited into the army and fed Agbado Plus Cassava.
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by SunTzu123(m): 10:08pm On Aug 30, 2022
There's a software that can generate voice over with male or female voice. Completely AI. How do you deal with that?
Some regulations only expose the "analogue" brain of these useless ancestors!!!!

At least one ancestor (Abacha) is still giving us money while some living ones are busy milking the nation dry through pensions!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Bluntguy: 10:08pm On Aug 30, 2022
That agbado mod has removed my comment again and left his fellow urchins quotes on this same thread. Do you think I am afraid of your nepotistic ban?
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by TollMind: 10:14pm On Aug 30, 2022
adebayo111:
All this children on nairaland ehn. islamization ko, babalawozation ni. must u bring religion to everything?

All this ancestors for Nairaland ehn, everybody has a right to express theirs self
You all closed your mouth since, now see were they’ve gotten the country to, we nor even know were them they carry us they go
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by pacespot(m): 10:16pm On Aug 30, 2022
This seems like a good move, but this banning thing seems like drawing the battle line with other countries, they should have instead made the requirements more difficult for companies using foreign models.
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by gevans(m): 10:17pm On Aug 30, 2022
Umsworld:
Wow GOOD NEWS

Local content drives the economy and reduces capital flight
So much on point.
Foreign league is next, lols
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by namo77: 10:23pm On Aug 30, 2022
Racists

Imagine the outrage if America bans foreign content on their platforms ??
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Risentouch(m): 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
When will they ban their children from going abroad to study?
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 30, 2022
SunTzu123:

You need APC
Yes, so that our debt will be so huge that your children to the 19th generation can not repay. (Notice I said "your children"
Yes, so that poverty level for your family will continue to rise. (Notice I said for your family
Yes, so that your children will only be recruited into the army and fed Agbado Plus Cassava.
One question must you curse indirectly?
Well since you've refused to use your head... All the negative words used against me and my children will your tour portion and that of your generation mark it as today you have laid a curse to your generations to come until you reverse those negative words against my children and me , that will be your portion onwards..

And again if you're suffering blame your lazy father or mother who refused to work hard while their mate are working with their youth, they chose to waste their youthful age..

As long as you refused to reverse those word you will remember today and forever know you have made a life time mistake.
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2022
SunTzu123:

You need APC
If you choose to vote obi your life will be worse off to what it is right now. You and your family will bear same thing which you wished for me and my household.
Olofo omo
Omo adanu radarada
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by mvem(m): 10:43pm On Aug 30, 2022
Enddy50ty:
That's Racism of a different kind.
do you know what really is racism ?
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Basher8583: 10:52pm On Aug 30, 2022
izzou:
Is this the best way to solve the issue?

Why not add more requirements and increase the fees for ads with foreign artist, voice overs and contents?

That way, you encourage clients to go local, and also make more revenue if they insist on foreign names

Must you comment
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
This is on Radio and TV but not on Social media
Re: Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
Connected1:
A good way to increase patronage of local contents, it should spread to other areas too, so can employment rate can increase and the youths can be encouraged too.

We depend too much on foreign things, that we assume them as superior.
Imagine how the story will sound like if its a white country doing this.. you black folks will cry us a river. I'm tired of this race. Last born of all races

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emir Dantoro Suspends Officials For Allowing Fulani Herdsmen Enter Communities / Ask A Muslim/somali / Prince Obaghator Ewuare And Bianca Oriaifo Wedding Introduction In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.