Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 (15700 Views)

Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader / Mikhail Khodarenok Gives Damning Assessment Of Russia's War On State TV / Mikhail Fridman Laments His Current Living Condition Due To Sanctions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Mrtaye: 9:11am On Aug 31, 2022
mysticwarrior:
are the citizens complaining? As for the man who got executed for bringing in a movie, he knew the law of NK prohibits such and still went ahead to do it, he brought death upon himself.
Can you relocate your family to that kind of country? Be sincere please

1 Like

Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:14am On Aug 31, 2022
madridguy:
Thread like this will make person learn more about international politics. I swear NL is a home of highly intellectual people.

Nobe lie. I’m learning a lot already
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by desgiezd(m): 9:16am On Aug 31, 2022
Rest well, Gorby

You introduced Glasnost and ended the USSR which eventually led to the end of the Cold War

The world will not forget you in a hurry

3 Likes

Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Mrtaye: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2022
mysticwarrior:
do you need an internet or TV to know that Buhari is a bad leader?
Oga use your inner mind,freedom is what we are talking about and internet is freedom meaning no freedom in North Korea.... don't be hypocritical can you live in North Korea!

1 Like

Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Focusmind: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2022
Putin never liked this man. He is not his type person. Putin preferred hard core men. That is why Putin said that the collapse of the Soviet Union was the biggest mistake of the 20th century. If Putin was the president of the Soviet Union, the union would not have collapsed. He would have used all means possible to keep the Union together, even in the midst of blood bath

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by obayendo1010(m): 9:18am On Aug 31, 2022
Dvdpity:
All of una that ain't Russian is celebrating someone who is a russian. You all are stupid. Very stupid. No one will ever know or say more about Mikhail than russians. Whatever russians says about him stands. Irrespective of whatever western media paints him.
Just like how Buhari is destroying Nigerians and people from Niger is praising him.

Let us leave russians for russians. He was hated in Russia. Charity beings at home.

As far as Russia is concerned, russians has the best history of their former presidents. And their stories is the truth of events concerning Mikhail Gorbachev.

wisdom

1 Like

Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by naijaman2225(m): 9:20am On Aug 31, 2022
HE WAS A GOOD MAN.

1 Like

Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by mysticwarrior(m): 9:25am On Aug 31, 2022
Crafteck1:

Go and read about them, no where else is human right as suppressed as it is in North korea, they cant go to war because most of their soldiers go japa, thats how bad it is, go and read survivor stories of soldiers who escaped into South korea,

and yet they defeated the US and south korean troops overwhelmingly in the Korean war, and even captured a US General.

1 Like

Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Crafteck1: 9:29am On Aug 31, 2022
mysticwarrior:
and yet they defeated the US and south korean troops overwhelmingly in the Korean war, and even captured a US General.

Ukraine has captured and killed many generals, whats ur point? You know of terrain advantage right?
Same thing that plagued russia in the cold war against Finland.

We are talking about now and not history
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by mysticwarrior(m): 9:30am On Aug 31, 2022
Mrtaye:

Oga use your inner mind,freedom is what we are talking about and [b]internet is freedom [/b]meaning no freedom in North Korea.... don't be hypocritical can you live in North Korea!
wow... if your definition of freedom is having access to internet then before the internet came out you were in bondage am i wrong to assume that?

1 Like

Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by mysticwarrior(m): 9:32am On Aug 31, 2022
Crafteck1:

Ukraine has captured and killed many generals, whats ur point? You know of terrain advantage right?
Same thing that plagued russia in the cold war against Finland.

We are talking about now and not history
but why has the US not been able to invade NK to disarmed them of WMDs just Like they did to Iraq?
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Crafteck1: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2022
mysticwarrior:
but why has the US not been able to invade NK to disarmed them of WMDs just Like they did to Iraq.

Same reason they haven't invaded russia or india or china for having wmds,if russia or anybody use dem, dem go hear wehn...
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Solofresh2: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
He destroyed the Great Motherland. A coward.
And he chose peace over violence so I hate him.

Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by mysticwarrior(m): 9:42am On Aug 31, 2022
Crafteck1:

Same reason they haven't invaded russia or india or china for having wmds,if russia or anybody use dem, dem go hear wehn...
abeg make we hear word jare, the unjustified invasion of Iraq is an eye opener, the US lied to the word and refusing to invade NK to disarm them of their nukes is a sign of cowardice, no other reason my brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by mysticwarrior(m): 9:45am On Aug 31, 2022
Focusmind:
Putin never liked this man. He is not his type person. Putin preferred hard core men. That is why Putin said that the collapse of the Soviet Union was the biggest mistake of the 20th century. If Putin was the president of the Soviet Union, the union would not have collapsed. He would have used all means possible to keep the Union together, even in the midst of blood bath

You might be right but you might also be wrong as well.
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by TemmyT002(m): 9:45am On Aug 31, 2022
Wow. So this man was still alive!
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by 07kjb: 9:47am On Aug 31, 2022
mysticwarrior:
do you need an internet or TV to know that Buhari is a bad leader?

How will they let the world know that they are suffering when they don't have access to Internet?

Have you ever met someone from North Korea, living in North Korea on Facebook or Instagram?
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by bethel13593: 9:49am On Aug 31, 2022
....will always be remembered as the "father of German reunification." I believe he will be celebrated in Germany than in his native Russia.Fare thee well, Mikhail!....will always be remembered as the "father of German reunification." I believe he will be celebrated in Germany than in his native Russia.Fare thee well, Mikhail!...
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Laggafin: 9:50am On Aug 31, 2022
budaatum:
He was a great man. His peaceful dissolution of USSR should be a beacon of learning for those wishing to dissolve the United Nigeria Federation.
What are u insinuating actually??
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Crafteck1: 9:51am On Aug 31, 2022
mysticwarrior:
abeg make we hear word jare, the unjustified invasion of Iraq is an eye opener, the US lied to the word and refusing to invade NK to disarm them of their nukes is a sign of cowardice, no other reason my brother.

Im imagining a world where iraq, iran or Afghanistan has nuclear weapons, im sure thats your ideal world, you arr so sure the invasion was unjustified, did you give a thought to maybe iraq had a hidden location that even the us didnt know about? The us aint saints but when i see ignorant people who are always eager to demean them i easily know whats going on in their heads. I rest my case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Mrtaye: 9:52am On Aug 31, 2022
mysticwarrior:
wow... if your definition of freedom is having access to internet then before the internet came out you were in bondage am i wrong to assume that?
I already made my point, can you live in North Korea with your fam?
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by flexispy: 9:55am On Aug 31, 2022
American agent
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by mysticwarrior(m): 9:55am On Aug 31, 2022
Mrtaye:

Can you relocate your family to that kind of country? Be sincere please
why not? if given the opportunity I will relocate to Northern south Korea grin grin
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Mrtaye: 9:56am On Aug 31, 2022
mysticwarrior:
why not? if given the opportunity I will relocate to Northern south Korea grin grin
Looooooooollllzzz�����
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Crafteck1: 9:56am On Aug 31, 2022
mysticwarrior:

Im imagining a world where iraq, iran or Afghanistan has nuclear weapons, im sure thats your ideal world, you arr so sure the invasion was unjustified, did you give a thought to maybe iraq had a hidden location that even the us didnt know about? The us aint saints but when i see ignorant people who are always eager to demean them i easily know whats going on in their heads.Silently loving a world of dictatorship and human right oppression, I rest my case.
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Horokrox: 9:57am On Aug 31, 2022
Faithful007:
Putin never liked him. However Putin should have learned from him on the futility of authoritarianism. Those who don't learn from history will repeat it. History has always shown us that all forms of authoritarianism will eventually fail in the future.
Keep spewing forth THRASH from your decayed buccal cavity
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Horokrox: 9:58am On Aug 31, 2022
fergie001:

Putin doesn't seem to me as someone who wants to learn. If it were possible for him to reclaim all those nations that left the USSR, including Eastern Germany.... I am sure he will be very glad.
The only DUNCE that's slow to learning is you

2 Likes

Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Truthday: 10:00am On Aug 31, 2022
Faithful007:
In a bid to fight the west. They fight democracy and human rights and think they won't fail.
Since the ancient world, dictatorial empires have all been breaking down never to rise again.

I can see how the west and US has placed democracy firkmly by invading Iraq, vietnam, Afghanistan, Libya, Grenada, Yemen. So beautiful a democracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Horokrox: 10:00am On Aug 31, 2022
Day169:
Russia's last (and perhaps only) great leader since the Bolshevik revolution!
You must be very STUPID to not know what true leadership is
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by Horokrox: 10:01am On Aug 31, 2022
Dvdpity:
All of una that ain't Russian is celebrating someone who is a russian. You all are stupid. Very stupid. No one will ever know or say more about Mikhail than russians. Whatever russians says about him stands. Irrespective of whatever western media paints him.
Just like how Buhari is destroying Nigerians and people from Niger is praising him.

Let us leave russians for russians. He was hated in Russia. Charity beings at home.

As far as Russia is concerned, russians has the best history of their former presidents. And their stories is the truth of events concerning Mikhail Gorbachev.
Well said! Unlike most of the earlier IDIOTIC comments
Re: Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 by obedience4(m): 10:02am On Aug 31, 2022
Good man, he peaceful saw the dissolution of the Soviet Union without any blood shed..
Far better than silly head putin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Donald Trump Barred From Blocking Twitter Users For Their Political Beliefs / Mexican Politician Paraded In Women Clothes For Not Fulfilling Campaign Promises / Haiti Joins African Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.