Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. (836 Views)

Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? / 2020 - 2029 The Last Decade Of The Church ( The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!) / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Daniel058(m): 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2022
LoL
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Daniel058(m): 4:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
silibaba:
Before you will start arguing, go and read the bible very well.

Brother man remember that you said ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

Most of the Way of worship of Roman gods and goddesses were brought into that church. Through emperor Constantine . It's true.

Also,I urge you to type " Lists of Bad Popes on Google and see something For yourself.
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by silibaba: 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2022
Daniel058:

Brother man remember that you said ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

Most of the Way of worship of Roman gods and goddesses were brought into that church. Through emperor Constantine . It's true.

Also,I urge you to type " Lists of Bad Popes on Google and see something For yourself.

The bible says that the true church will face tribulations. Yes, we know the Antichrist is in the church. But that wouldnt stop the gospel.

If the pope allow homosexuality, must I now engage in it when I know is a sin against God?
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
silibaba:
Where in the Bible are we to read this from? undecided
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
silibaba:
Not really.
Without the blessed sacrament (Holy Communion) in the building, you can't call it a church.
What is the holy communion you speak of meant for? And where is it written that you can't call it a church without this ritual you speak of? undecided
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
silibaba:
There is a big difference between the Catholic church and other ministries. Without receiving the body and drinking his blood, you risk going to hell. Read your bible
Where is the statement in bold found in the Bible though? undecided
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2022
silibaba:
This is my blood, the blood of the new and evalasting covenant, which will be pour out for you and many for the REMISSION of sin.

Before it use to be sacrificing animals on the alter before Jesus came to change the narrative into body and blood of Christ
Jesus Christ changed the narrative? The same Jesus Christ who swore that He did not come to change the Law but instead to fulfill it - Matthew 5 vs 17 - 18, something He did by living His life in submission and obedience of the very Old Covenant & Law of Moses? undecided
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by silibaba: 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ changed the narrative? The same Jesus Christ who swore that He did not come to change the Law but instead to fulfill it - Matthew 5 vs 17 - 18, something He did by living His life in submission and obedience of the very Old Covenant & Law of Moses? undecided

So do you offer animal sacrifice currently?
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by silibaba: 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What is the holy communion you speak of meant for? And where is it written that you can't call it a church without this ritual you speak of? undecided
is meant for the REMISSION of sin
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Kobojunkie: 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2022
silibaba:
So do you offer animal sacrifice currently?
But the offering of animal sacrifices is of the Constitution of the Nation of Israel, the Law of Moses, which was given by God to those who are of the blood of Jacob when He constituted a Nation of them in the Land of Canaan. undecided

I was never of the stock of Israel, to begin with, so why would animal sacrifices have ever concerned me? undecided
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by silibaba: 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where is the statement in bold found in the Bible though? undecided
Mathew 26:28
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
silibaba:
is meant for the REMISSION of sin
Remission of what sins? Before I came to Jesus Christ, I was an unbeliever and not under any of God's Laws so, what sins did I need to have remitted? undecided
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2022
silibaba:
Mathew 26:28
But, there is no mention of going to hell if one does not drink the blood of Jesus Christ, so why did you insert that into what is written? undecided
27 Then he took a cup of wine, thanked God for it, and gave it to them. He said, “Each one of you drink some of it.
28 This wine is my blood, which will be poured out to forgive the sins of many and begin the new agreement from God to his people.
29 I want you to know, I will not drink this wine again until that day when we are together in my Father’s kingdom and the wine is new. Then I will drink it again with you.” - Matthew 26 vs 27 - 30
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by silibaba: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Remission of what sins? Before I came to Jesus Christ, I was an unbeliever and not under any of God's Laws so, what sins did I need to have remitted? undecided

Mathew 26:28 will answer your question.

Jesus also reaffirm: I am the the way the truth and the light. No one gets to The Father except through me (meaning receiving the blessed sacrament of the Eucharist)
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Kobojunkie: 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2022
silibaba:
Mathew 26:28 will answer your question.
I am afraid it doesn't. This since it speaks instead of the Blood of Jesus Christ being poured out for the forgiveness of sins and to begin the New agreement from God to His people. undecided
27 Then he took a cup of wine, thanked God for it, and gave it to them. He said, “Each one of you drink some of it.
28 This wine is my blood, which will be poured out to forgive the sins of many and begin the new agreement from God to his people.
29 I want you to know, I will not drink this wine again until that day when we are together in my Father’s kingdom and the wine is new. Then I will drink it again with you.” - Matthew 26 vs 27 - 30
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by silibaba: 6:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid it doesn't. This since it speaks instead of the Blood of Jesus Christ being poured out for the forgiveness of sins and to begin the New agreement from God to His people. undecided
is self explanatory nah? Stop the contradiction boss.
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by silibaba: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2022
For there to be forgiveness, there must be sacrifice of blood. Instead of the animal sacrifice Jesus himself came down as the sacrificial lamb which was slain for our sin.

Now this sacrifice is meant to be carried out by the Priest alone.

Now you can only find a Priest in the catholic church alone.
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2022
silibaba:
is self explanatory nah? Stop the contradiction boss.
Self-explanatory in what sense? undecided

All of those who sat at that meal with Jesus Christ were Jewish sinners, all of then born under God's Law of Moses and as such they had sins that necessitated forgiveness. Before Jesus Christ, I was a Gentile, born away from God and His Laws which define sin for those bound to it. So? undecided.
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
silibaba:
For there to be forgiveness, there must be sacrifice of blood. Instead of the animal sacrifice Jesus himself came down as the sacrificial lamb which was slain for our sin.

Now this sacrifice is meant to be carried out by the Priest alone.

Now you can only find a Priest in the catholic church alone.
That is according to what is the Law of Moses, and as God told you, that applies only to those who have the blood of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob running through their veins - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 30. A gentile can shed blood all day long and will never be forgiven anything by God. undecided

So, when Jesus Christ's blood was shed for the forgiveness of sins on teh cross, that part applied only to those of Hebrew descent. It had nothing to do with those of us who are Gentiles. undecided

Jesus Christ never said only priests can serve communion. The priests of the Old Law of Moses were appointed by God Himself. Jesus Christ, in His New Covenant agreement, never appointed any man priest over His followers. Instead, He said all His followers are equal in the Kingdom of God. He told each and every one of His followers to drink His blood and eat His body in remembrance of Him, meaning each man is able to, on His own, carry out the ritual for himself even, in remembrance of Jesus Christ. So what your priests do in your communion ceremonies have absolutely nothing to do with that decreed by Jesus Christ in His New Law and Agreement. undecided
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by silibaba: 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That is according to what is the Law of Moses, and as God told you, that applies only to those who have the blood of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob running through their veins - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 30. A gentile can shed blood all day long and will never be forgiven anything by God. undecided

So, when Jesus Christ's blood was shed for the forgiveness of sins on teh cross, that part applied only to those of Hebrew descent. It had nothing to do with those of us who are Gentiles. undecided

Jesus Christ never said only priests can serve communion. The priests of the Old Law of Moses were appointed by God Himself. Jesus Christ, in His New Covenant agreement, never appointed any man priest over His followers. Instead, He said all His followers are equal in the Kingdom of God. He told each and every one of His followers to drink His blood and eat His body in remembrance of Him, meaning each man is able to, on His own, carry out the ritual for himself even, in remembrance of Jesus Christ. So what your priests do in your communion ceremonies have absolutely nothing to do with that decreed by Jesus Christ in His New Law and Agreement. undecided
I disagree with you on your last sentence.

Read up those bible verses I outlined.

The holy Communion is for REMISSION of sin
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Aug 31, 2022
silibaba:
I disagree with you on your last sentence.
Read up those bible verses I outlined.

The holy Communion is for REMISSION of sin
Well, all you have to do is find, and post for us references from the Gospels, the details of the New agreement which was ratified on the cross when the blood of Jesus Christ was shed, where Jesus Christ assigned some of His followers to act as priests over the others? undecided

Yes, communion served two purposes and that is remission of the sins of the Old Law of Moses Jewish sinners whom Jesus Christ came to call. And the ratification of God's New Covenant and Law, the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. So, when a Jew eats communion for the first time, he has his sins remitted and he is initiated/bound eternally into God's New Covenant. But when I, a non-jew eat the blood and body of Jesus Christ for the first time, I am simply initiated/bound eternally into what is God's New Covenant. Every other time we then eat it, we do so in remembrance of the agreement/covenant we signed ourselves over in Jesus Christ's name. undecided
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Steep: 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
silibaba:
The true church is not a building nor a temple.
They are people who have trusted solely in christ as their saviour and as a result washed in Jesus blood.
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by silibaba: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2022
Steep:

The true church is not a building nor a temple.
They are people who have trusted solely in christ as their saviour and as a result washed in Jesus blood.

The Body and Blood is very important in the life of a christian. Because it is when you eat and drink his blood that you proclaim his death.
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by silibaba: 8:02pm On Aug 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Self-explanatory in what sense? undecided

All of those who sat at that meal with Jesus Christ were Jewish sinners, all of then born under God's Law of Moses and as such they had sins that necessitated forgiveness. Before Jesus Christ, I was a Gentile, born away from God and His Laws which define sin for those bound to it. So? undecided.

If you are not under Gods law of Moses, then why do you still pay tithe?

Even the tithe is actually meant for the orphan, widow and priest yet you hand it over to your prophet(pastor)
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Aug 31, 2022
silibaba:
If you are not under Gods law of Moses, then why do you still pay tithe?

Even the tithe is actually meant for the orphan, widow and priest yet you hand it over to your prophet(pastor)
I wasn't born a Jew so I was never under God's Old Law of Moses, as a result, I don't pay tithes or give offerings or offertory. I am instead a part of God's New agreement - Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 undecided

Well, Tithe and offering laws of the Old Covenant were part of God's Tax system tied together with His Welfare system in the Nation of Israel. So, yes, they were meant for orphans, widows, and priests(Levites blood only) but this was only for those who lived in the Land inhabited by the people of Israel. After all, it was for the Nation and no other. undecided
Re: Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. by cornelboy(f): 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2022
Did you want to say the Roman Catholic is the worst of all Christian organisation?

The Roman Catholics religion is the reason we have so many different Christian denominations today.

They are also the ones that distorted Bible truths and hinder pure worship to Jehovah God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

[Update] Eternal Verities [Part Fourteen] / Record Label Asked Me To Sacrifice One Person I Loved, Turn Gay, Also Push Drugs / Household: Solid! Household Of God On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.