Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! (34970 Views)

Facebook (Lite Version) Is Down / Top 10 Gruesome Murders Committed Because Of Facebook (photos) / Planning To Buy Gionee A1 Lite, Please Advise! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Franklyspeakin: 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2022
I'm very interested.
Baybii:
Omo thank you for this wonderful information!

Please, send a message if you're interested in ghostwriting fiction stories and getting paid.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by escapadechuks: 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2022
I experienced it but went to Google play store to update. The message didn't go away so I just left it.

I opened it later and the message was gone
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Zidane199(m): 8:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
meobizy:
I have never heard of Facebook Lite in my life. I know of Facebook, Facebook Mobile, Facebook Messenger and Facebook Web. I had never heard of GBWhatsapp if not for being a member here. You Nairalanders with una poverty mentality always use the cheapest and buggiest of options. This is the only place in my life I know of people patronizing Freebasics. Tufia!
no vex dangote

2 Likes

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Krak(m): 8:20pm On Aug 31, 2022
[quote author=mannasseh post=116234534][/quote]

My updates are still there, as for uploads, I can't remember the last time I uploaded anything on Facebook.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by salem1996: 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
meobizy:
I have never heard of Facebook Lite in my life. I know of Facebook, Facebook Mobile, Facebook Messenger and Facebook Web. I had never heard of GBWhatsapp if not for being a member here. You Nairalanders with una poverty mentality always use the cheapest and buggiest of options. This is the only place in my life I know of people patronizing Freebasics. Tufia!

No one brags like a poor man really cool

3 Likes

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Oqw1: 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2022
Oh
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Starcy(m): 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2022
Checked
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by salem1996: 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2022
phemmyfour:
They want to use Facebook but cannot buy data

I don't even like the graphics, i uninstalled it immediately when I tried it cos of its size

When a poor man buys pair of shoes for 10k, he thinks he is wearing the most expensive shoe on earth. If you have sense, think.

There are people who uses Facebook lite, yet spend over 10GB sub per months. Small 2GB sub for month you are doing, you now think you own CBN grin

3 Likes

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Anchor19: 8:49pm On Aug 31, 2022
I experienced this today. I simply uninstalled the app and downloaded it direct from opera mini.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Ubanz: 8:52pm On Aug 31, 2022
I had same experience before noon today, I uninstalled my Facebook lite and reinstalled it. It was resolved.
The problem is only on Facebook lite.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by CSNg: 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2022
meobizy:

Sir...kindly ask questions before jumping into conclusion.

Facebook lite is a lighter version of Facebook that doesn't consume lots of RAM and loads faster than the main version and that's the reason why I opted for it.

There's nothing like cheap there.

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by smith946: 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2022
jomarick:
That's not enough to hack an account, simply add two step security to your account.
Do you know that there are links which when you login you fb account show your number and password to the owner of the link?

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Jjennecco: 8:59pm On Aug 31, 2022
Yes you are right it happens to today it look real. I upgrade. Several times . The same things.i later forgot about it.after some few hours it disappear on his own.thank op
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Khayceeofficial(m): 9:11pm On Aug 31, 2022
phemmyfour:
Illiterate
Facebook isn't for viewing pictures alone. It's a marketplace but without data...how would you have known

PS- only scammers do deals on Facebook's marketplace idiot

Go get a live clown
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by phemmyfour: 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2022
Khayceeofficial:

PS- only scammers do deals on Facebook's marketplace idiot

Go get a live clown
Ara oko jatijati
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by boykas(m): 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2022
Issoright after my Facebook account got hack since June 11 by that Facebook lite...thank you
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Pleasant101: 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2022
I've been trying to login my account, keeps saying no such account, them done hack my account, sumbody help me
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by everythinggirly(f): 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2022
Na scammers full Facebook, that app don cast.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Temi2468: 10:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
meobizy:

Be humble!!!

All fingers are not equal.
Don't be high-minded.

If you have grace to live a luxurious and high life, thank God. But, don't rub it on people's faces.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by jomarick(m): 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2022
smith946:
Do you know that there are links which when you login you fb account show your number and password to the owner of the link?
even when they change your password, you can still get the account back. You will only lose your account when they changed your password and added two step security. They can't change the two step security password because an OTP will be sent to your phone.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by mrgreen4real(m): 11:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
jomarick:
even when they change your password, you can still get the account back. You will only lose your account when they changed your password and added two step security. They can't change the two step security password because an OTP will be sent to your phone.
How?
those asshole just hacked my account.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by mrgreen4real(m): 11:31pm On Aug 31, 2022
Pleasant101:
I've been trying to login my account, keeps saying no such account, them done hack my account, sumbody help me
The same info I get after acct hacked.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Johnsown1(m): 11:54pm On Aug 31, 2022
I thought as much because this thing happened to me today when I was trying to login in my Facebook lite then I was told to upgrade my Facebook lite because It has expired. I was surprised by the sudden blockage then I went to the play store updated my Facebook lite app but still yet It didn't connect me to the internet so I went back to the Facebook lite again and clicked on the upgrade button that was showed to me then it redirected me to mozila app so that i can download app but I'm not convinced about it, so I stopped the download and deleted the APK that I downloaded. I logged into nairaland and Google but no information about the development so I had to browse soccer news and play some games after failure to use my Facebook.
I suspected it is one these Yahoo boys tricks, so I was surprised the app started working normal this evening. they will be wasting their time because my Facebook is in 2-steps verification mode. thanks for the info though
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by paul100(m): 11:57pm On Aug 31, 2022
meobizy:
You see how stupid you sound.You have never heard of an app that has more than 1 billion downloads.Instead of you to go and check out the app,you are here making noise.

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by 007Marvel(m): 12:35am On Sep 01, 2022
Kenog4real:

In as much I don't want to believe you but do you know GBwhatsapp has millions of user worldwide. Check their Twitter handle and telegram group and you gonna understand. So it's not only in here people sort for apps like that. I've used the Facebook lite before when I was in school all because it takes requires lesser data usage, lesser space consumption but that was then.

With Gb Whatsapp third parties get to gain access to your call logs, contacts, media contents, and camera! What then is left? I don't understand how people don't see the glaring signs! You can't tell someone like tinubu or Obi to go use Gb Whatsapp, why? Because privacy matters to them unlike people like you who wants everything free!
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by MartinsD12(m): 2:27am On Sep 01, 2022
CSNg:
Warning to Facebook Lite Users.

I want to post this to spoil the bad market of Scammers and Yahoo Fraudsters who hijack people's Facebook accounts

The screenshots were personally made by me from my account and it was what I experienced this morning.

There seems to be a Háck or bug going on right now and i felt you all should know.

While using your Facebook Lite app, and suddenly you see a popup message that suddenly appears over the app and says "Update your app" You are using an unsupported version of Facebook Lite and a blue button that says "Upgrade Now"....PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON IT OR TRY TO DOWNLOAD ANY FILE THAT COMES FROM IT.

It looks so real because you'll see it clearly written that it comes from "Meta" from Facebook but It is a malware (virus) and downloading or trying to update using that prompt means you will lose total access and control of your account.

I saw it and simply used my intuition to rather go directly to the Google Playstore to update the Lite App and after doing that, it was still showing and wouldn't let me make use of Facebook.

What should you do when it happens?

Simply uninstall the Facebook Lite application from your device for the moment and switch to the main Facebook app.

It seems it is only Facebook Lite that the malware is targeting for now.

Don't fall victim!
Has nothing to do with hack una fake News too much here, it's a app malfunction from Facebook which they have fixed it , anybody using Facebook lite will agree with me that it has issues sometimes when you check messages it won't go after some time it will fix , when you try to check notification it might not come out etc I uninstall the app the one on playstore has issues with only 1.7 mb which is not supposed to be so at least it should be 2mb size I then proceeded to Facebook lite main site to get the app for 2mb it works now the Facebook they upgraded on playstore has issues with only 1.7mb which is too little, most of my Facebook lite upgrade has 3mb straight the problem is with the app upgrade not hackers
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Gkay1(m): 4:49am On Sep 01, 2022
They nearly hack my account yesterday, I followed the instructions and whenever I click to download the app, my phone security alert will pump up and show it is dangerous, so I went to play store to update it
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by mannasseh(m): 7:04am On Sep 01, 2022
Krak:

My updates are still there, as for uploads, I can't remember the last time I uploaded anything on Facebook.

omo... none of my own is there... even my friends cleared too
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Makowonda: 7:34am On Sep 01, 2022
meobizy:
Facebook lite!I really hate that app.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by smith946: 8:29am On Sep 01, 2022
jomarick:
They will remove your number from the account and put their's.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by OcheAlexander(m): 10:03am On Sep 01, 2022
I Taught I was the only there hacked. Huum. I'm making use of my Facebook. The Facebook lite is being Hacked.
Hacker's every where.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S8 Vs Apple Iphone 8 / Which Smartphone Is Best For The Price Range N18k-n25k? / HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.