Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,869 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista (23034 Views)

Betta Edu: When Obasanjo, Yar'adua Were Presidents - TonyeBarcanista / 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista / Nigeria Elections 2023: The Allegations Against The Presidential Contenders -BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2022
Keep deceiving yasef
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Bizibi(m): 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2022
Johnrake69:

See me na from PDP family right from inception. My family only votes PDP in Delta state.
I still spoke to a secretary to one of the local government in Delta state few days ago and he told me there's no justification for supporting Atiku or Tinubu.

I'm telling you for free grassroot politicians no carry Atiku/Okowa matter for head. Infact let me shock you some local government don begin mobilize for Peter Obi to the extent that agreement is being put in place to give easy pass to other PDP candidates but Labour Party for Presidency.

I know you very well and we have been in a group with Pasino. See the 2023 election go shock these heavy weights. They will experience what Jonathan experienced in 2015. People will collect their money and vote Peter Obi.

The level of awareness now is massive. And the insecurity and inflation hasn't been this bad. You think the youths that are voting for the first time will vote Atiku or Tinubu?

if lp does not win next year elections just hold peter obi responsible for it. If that man does not spend the money they raised for him he will lose the election. Time for grammar don pass,he should strategize well and spend alot of...... Most Nigerians are hypocrites so he should not think everything is free.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
ambale:
But in all of this, what you don't factor in are the people who are frustrated with the way this government runs

Probably this election will be the first time you will be having many neutrals voting and any candidate who can get their support will definitely have a big shout at the presidency

Structures might fail this time around.
Some youths expressed frustration during endsars but the subsequent by-election that was held in same Lagos few months was won by APC with PDP coming second. The byelections done across the country and governorship elections in Anambra (2021) was won by APGA with PDP coming 2nd and APC 3rd, Ekiti and Osun elections in 2022 was won by APC and PDP respectively. So what's the impact? Even Lasun Yusuf the former speaker that Obi mobilized for in Osun 2022 had a Woeful 2400 votes despite the crowd that greeted his grand rally

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by highchief1: 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2022
Asgard73:
cheesy Atiku has no opposition...

The President in waiting ..

Power to the people
North 2023

E too sure
how much are u worth?let’s bet tinubu is ur next president
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by ChristinmeFab: 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Tonye Barcanista is a political analyst and social commentator. He writes on Nairaland.com and @TonyeBarcanista on Twitter

Paid Writer, how much did they pay u to rubbish urself. Obi/Datti we know.
Pls Oga write it pays to be Obidient and Useful.
It will shock u to the marrow, the youths & the poor r d structure. The Structureless will win this election through Obidient.
But Mr writer u did not mention Lekki toll-gate mass slaughtering. These Youths slaughtered at Lekki toll-gate is part of Tinubu Structure.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by IamAtikulate: 5:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
sammytovic:
Peter Obi won't win any state. He may only contend or come closer in south east states
Let's bet 50k if it sure you.

Choose any trusted escrow account
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Jflex07(m): 5:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
We like how you pdp and apc urrrchins underrate us.. February is not far.. Only time will tell
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
Well tonye is a PDP supporter here... While I agree that PDP APC with Atiku tinubu are the contenders... But I think he should realize Atiku and PDP are second fiddle to APC in North West and North East... These two zones are APC biggest strong holds... Only in taraba adamawa Atiku has the advantage... In North Central... PDP APC ll share it 40-45 percent to PDP... while APC should get 60-55 percent... In South West PDP APC would share it... APC getting 60 percent while PDP ll get 40 percent.. as for the south east and South South PDP has great advantage there and should clear there... As for Obedients they should enjoy their game online...

Hope you know that the north traditionally votes one of theirs in any of the major Parties during presidential election? When PDP had the centre it only won most parts of Northwest because of Yar'adua was a northerner (Fulani) while neither Jonathan nor Obj defeated Buhari in the Northwest in 2003, 2011 & 2015 respectively. However, I'm not writing off Tinubu but I see him as playing second fiddle in the NW

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by NOHOLDSBAR: 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ebi2233:

Politics is discussion dont come and say people are worried because how can people be worried over Structureless and strong hold less party?

Anybody who know politics know that these people will ask their supporters to vote for the party because they are either coming back or bringing people and all the campaigns are at same time.
8,740 Councillors, 774 LGAs 360 House of Reps
109 Senators,
36 Governors.
Hundreds of thousands of people live from their office because they employ people, help family and help villages and Labour Party own none of these and you say wetin??
Councillor, Assembly members, Reps members, Senators, Governors all with their supporters with so many people.
Are either coming back or supporting their party candidates.

PDP and APC don share am finish
No one Obi get and you say win wetin??
You think say Presidential Election na councillorship elections?
Don't you know that all these political offices and their millions of people live from there and you say wetin.
think now? Ehn?
Osun Election, Labour Party contested too.
Why dem no win?
All PDP Governors joined forces to allow Adeleke win.
Think now?

Even one state Obi will not win.
PDP and APC have Youths and elders too but Obi have no Governor and his cartel.

I beg oh, pls let the Zombidients vote for Obi oh. We love Peter Obi, the Zombidieints must vote for him. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
ChristinmeFab:

Paid Writer, how much did they to rubbish urself. Obi/Datti we know.
Pls Oga write it pays to be Obidient and Useful.
It will shock to the marrow, the youths & the poor we r d structure. The Structureless will win this election through Obidient.
But Mr writer u did not mention Lekki toll-gate mass slaughtering. These Youths slaughtered at Lekki toll-gate is part of Tinubu Structure.
Yet after Lekki incident APC still won Lagos East senatorial byelection and also a HoA by-election in same Lagos and same 2020. See Bros, ginger no de win election

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by highchief1: 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ebi2233:

You guys know nothing about politics.
peter Obi take second I’ll dash u one million naira.if care is not taken kwankwaso will win him

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2022
henryobinna:
Never did I say all Nigerians would vote for Obi.

Where in that statement did I suggest that? In a layman's terms; Nigerians would be the decider of who wins or lose, not some online pseudo-intelletual.

Did I mention Obi?
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Jflex07(m): 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:

Some youths expressed frustration during endsars but the subsequent by-election that was held in same Lagos few months was won by APC with PDP coming second. The byelections done across the country and governorship elections in Anambra (2021) was won by APGA with PDP coming 2nd and APC 3rd, Ekiti and Osun elections in 2022 was won by APC and PDP respectively. So what's the impact? Even Lasun Yusuf the former speaker that Obi mobilized for in Osun 2022 had a Woeful 2400 votes despite the crowd that greeted his grand rally
Wow! I thought you were enlightened? So you are comparing those elections to next year's election that sentiments,religion,region and party affiliation will play a major role? Apc is not an option, I like Atiku but power must return to the south and to a Christian after Buharis 8years in office. Or you think Nigerians are fools where the political class order around like chickens? Una no rate us Las Las but we go shock una
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by DLuciano: 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Tonye Barcanista is a political analyst and social commentator. He writes on Nairaland.com and @TonyeBarcanista on Twitter
dead on arrival (dod). poor work and cheap campaign of calumny against that party averse to your sense of reasoning. we know you are only doing your job to earn from your paymaster, definitely not my Peter Obi, he is unattractive to you and your fellow urchins because you can never get shi-shi from him. we know your target and we know whom you work for.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by AliyuMahdi9: 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2022
Support your Candidate with your Full chest and stop writing Bogus Stories

TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by IamAtikulate: 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:

APGA usually win gubernatorial election in Anambra due to infighting of PDP and anti-Party by aggrieved members. For Presidential and Senatorial, APGA will keep losing to PDP because Obi of PDP formidable force during the election. Don't forget that ACN and YPP have both won Senatorial elections in Anambra due to the strength of their candidates
You call yourself a Political analyst and you are discounting our biggest headache in the South?

Can Tinubu win any region in the North?

NO

Can Tinubu win the South?

NO

Does Peter Obi has a better chance of winning the South, even your state and my state?

YES

So, what makes him a pretender and Tinubu a contender?
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by DrAkpamudehe: 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2022
IamAtikulate:
Some people are really foolish.

Barcanista is political commentor. He writes on Nairaland and Twitter.

I was hoping to see, He writes for Sun or any of the mainstream media. So writing half baked opinions on Nairaland now makes you a political commentor.

No go find work. Keep depending on Atiku free dollar.

Atiku will lose the South WOEFULLY, he will contend with Tinubu in the NE.

Tinubu will lose NW, he will contend with Atiku for NE and will lose the South

Peter Obi will lose NW and NE, he will win the South, Abuja and contend with Atiku for NC

But in the mind of a supposed political commentor, the favorite to win the South is a pretender.

Phools like you are making things difficult for PDP.

No matter how we deny it, LP is formidable candidate. If Peter Obi collapse his structure today and move with 70% of his supporters, PDP will win the election before 12PM.

But only phools like you deny it, but secretly hopes he comes around.

Pls shut up
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by henryobinna(m): 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Did I mention Obi?
Only a daft person would not know what you meant. I'm not daft.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by DrAkpamudehe: 5:17pm On Aug 31, 2022
casualobserver:
The sad this about the Obidient movement is that when he loses, people will be demoralized and in the aftermath they only realise they missed a chance for genuine change not because Obi lost but because Obi was the wrong person to spearhead the movement.

An opportunity for a genuine paradigm shift will probably never come again because the wrong person is heading it, a movement for a new order headed by Peter Obi is ab initio a fraudulent movement!!! APGA for 10 years PDP, PDp for 8years, a member of Jonathans Govt for 3, Vice presidential candidate to Atiku, a member of 3 different political parties, one of the biggest importers of basic consumer goods including the much derided imported toothpicks, no factory to his name, no gasp on the issues and ideas except telling us the problems we all know....the man is a fraud and it is a travesty to those who want a new order that this charlatan is the one spearheading the movement.

it will go down as a generational opportunity wasted because poor thinking Nigerians decided to make an opportunist, a con man and a charlatan the arrowhead of the change movement.

Well said. Let those who have brains, digest this

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by rickyrex(m): 5:18pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ebi2233:

Politics is discussion dont come and say people are worried because how can people be worried over Structureless and strong hold less party?

Anybody who know politics know that these people will ask their supporters to vote for the party because they are either coming back or bringing people and all the campaigns are at same time.
8,740 Councillors, 774 LGAs 360 House of Reps
109 Senators,
36 Governors.
Hundreds of thousands of people live from their office because they employ people, help family and help villages and Labour Party own none of these and you say wetin??
Councillor, Assembly members, Reps members, Senators, Governors all with their supporters with so many people.
Are either coming back or supporting their party candidates.

PDP and APC don share am finish
No one Obi get and you say win wetin??
You think say Presidential Election na councillorship elections?
Don't you know that all these political offices and their millions of people live from there and you say wetin.
think now? Ehn?
Osun Election, Labour Party contested too.
Why dem no win?
All PDP Governors joined forces to allow Adeleke win.
Think now?

Even one state Obi will not win.
PDP and APC have Youths and elders too but Obi have no Governor and his cartel.
you dey decieve yourself
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by IamAtikulate: 5:18pm On Aug 31, 2022
DrAkpamudehe:

Pls shut up
grin
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Bionic07: 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
The Zombie mob are coming grin
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 31, 2022
ochejoseph:
Atiku and the PDP remains Nigeria's only hope of salvaging anything from the damage done by APC and their goons.

Its easy to shout obidient without looking at the mathmatical possibility of his Victory. A vote for LP and Peter obi in my view is an indirect vote for Tinubu.
You are drooling saliva. Tinubu or Obi ll win.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by caracas: 5:22pm On Aug 31, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:

This reality is only known to the political enlightened. Some people assume falsely that their influence on Social Media is synonymous to them being a political heavyweights even when they lack basic knowledge of the rudiments of politicking and electioneering
The fact you supported that dumb post shows how shallow you have become….. politics is about the people and the people have resolved to make Peter obi the next president of Nigeria……structure or no structure
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by PenSniper: 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2022
Concise
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2022
henryobinna:
Only a daft person would not know what you meant. I'm not daft.

Because you’re …obinna? Anyways I’m not here to make enemies
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by caracas: 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2022
casualobserver:
The sad this about the Obidient movement is that when he loses, people will be demoralized and only in the aftermath and post morterm will they realise they missed a chance for genuine change not because Obi lost but because Obi was the wrong person to spearhead the movement.

An opportunity for a genuine paradigm shift will probably never come again because the wrong person is heading it, a movement for a new order headed by Peter Obi is ab initio a fraudulent movement!!! APGA for 10 years PDP, PDp for 8years, a member of Jonathans Govt for 3, Vice presidential candidate to Atiku, a member of 3 different political parties, one of the biggest importers of basic consumer goods including the much derided imported toothpicks, no factory to his name, no gasp on the issues and ideas except telling us the problems we all know....the man is a fraud and it is a travesty to those who want a new order that this charlatan is the one spearheading the movement.

it will go down as a generational opportunity wasted because poor thinking Nigerians decided to make an opportunist, a con man and a charlatan the arrowhead of the change movement.
Do not show your wife, friend or any family member this trash you posted cos you will be cursed for eternity by even those that love you….
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by henryobinna(m): 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Because you’re …obinna?
Here you go.

Go have a great time. I don't have your time.

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Alphasoar(m): 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2022
Lol, you hurriedly added RMK so that people will not think you are targetting Obi as a 'PRETENDER'. Remove Sen Kwankwaso and write Obi with your full chest. APC dey talk PDP agents too dey follow talk for this presidential election grin grin
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by rahij: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Well, that's your personal opinion. I do not fall into any of the categories you listed above but my family and I will certainly by God's grace, vote for Peter Obi whether you call him a pretender or a contender.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Barryseal: 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Tonye, do you know that even in your Pdp cell meetings at ward level, people are openly saying they will work for Pdp at the state level but Obi at the federal level? I happen to be in such a gathering and it's very clear the Atiku boat have sailed.
Pdp will not win a single local government in the better South, come 2023. Bookmark this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Commercial Drivers Threaten 7-day Mass Protest Over Multiple Extortion / Ebubeagu Operative Shot Dead At APC Campaign Ground In Ebonyi (Photo) / Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.