Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,310 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:09 PM

Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? (1546 Views)

A Giant Snake In My Roof. I Need A Snake Charmer To Remove It / Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) / Wife Sends Photo Of Her Drunk Husband Who Slept In The Toilet To Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by jeromestarks: 8:02pm On Aug 31, 2022
I moved into this new apartment recently and I found the toilet sink so stained.
I am not really comfortable with it.
Please what can I use to easily remove these stains and have a sparkling white sink?
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by Acidosis(m): 8:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
Have you tried Hypo?

2 Likes

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by badaru911: 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2022
... Get harpic.... But the best is battery water (acid)... The moment you get it, use it instantly... It will be white as snow...

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by walosky(m): 8:20pm On Aug 31, 2022
Get a Coke
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by LadyRosa(f): 8:20pm On Aug 31, 2022
Buy a new one or second hand.

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by easypete: 8:22pm On Aug 31, 2022
Scrub with scouring power.
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by nifemi25(m): 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2022
Save yourself the stress and buy another one. Atleast that will gives you what you want
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by jeromestarks: 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2022
Acidosis:

Have you tried Hypo?
Yes o. Didn't work.

walosky:
Get a Coke

After leaving it on the sink for an hour and washing it off with detergent, the stains were still staring at my face.

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by jeromestarks: 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2022
badaru911:
... Get harpic.... But the best is battery water (acid)... The moment you get it, use it instantly... It will be white as snow...
I will try this. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by jeromestarks: 8:54pm On Aug 31, 2022
nifemi25:
Save yourself the stress and buy another one. Atleast that will gives you what you want
And what happens when the new get stained?
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by jeromestarks: 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2022
LadyRosa:
Buy a new one or second hand.
I just want to know how to clean it.
How do you clean the one in your house?
Do you just buy a new one each time it is dirty?

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by LadyRosa(f): 8:58pm On Aug 31, 2022
jeromestarks:

I just want to know how to clean it.
How do you clean the one in your house?
Do you just buy a new one each time it is dirty?

Well, moving into a new house there are things you just have to change.Toilet seat is one of them, you don't know how long in years it has been used.

If you have the money,just change it.

If not, as someone suggested use liquid acid.

Hypo may not do much.

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by nahzyla: 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
Use iron sponge. Scour the sink with it and any good Detergent.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by jeromestarks: 9:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
LadyRosa:

Well, moving into a new house there are things you just have to change.Toilet seat is one of them, you don't know how long in years it has been used.

If you have the money,just change it.

If not, as someone suggested use liquid acid.

Hypo may not do much.
The house was built 3 years ago but the owner ( the only occupant) used it badly.

How do you clean your own toilet and/or bath tub?
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by jeromestarks: 9:20pm On Aug 31, 2022
nahzyla:
Use iron sponge. Scour the sink with it and any good Detergent.
Ok. Thanks.
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by frozen70(f): 9:23pm On Aug 31, 2022
jeromestarks:
I moved into this new apartment recently and I found the toilet sink so stained.
I am not really comfortable with it.
Please what can I use to easily remove these stains and have a sparkling white sink?

Get battery acid water from a Batter charger

Drain the water in the closet with a mopping stick
Then pour the battery water into it but be careful because it's acid

Leave it for a while like 10mins and use toilet brush and omo to scrub it off

Then flush it out

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by LadyRosa(f): 9:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
jeromestarks:

The house was built 3 years ago but the owner ( the only occupant) used it badly.

I use vinegar and baking soda with iron sponge.

You can use the soft iron sponge to give a smooth wash.

Please wear hand gloves when doing this.

It keeps it white.

Pour tye vinegar around it,then sprinkle enough soda, you can leave it throughout the night then wash in the morning.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by Acidosis(m): 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2022
jeromestarks:

Just get a new one. When the new one gets stained, hypo or harpic will work. The current one you have is too old.
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by NoToPile: 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2022
You can use acid, the plumbers know which ones used.

Thats how I took hypo to one apartment we rented like that Chai hypo did nothing as strong as it is, some tenants are terrible sha white and blue kitchen tiles turned layered black the landlords Wifey was telling me she had even washed the one her strength could carry.

Asked the plumber if he knew what would work he said there's a chemical they use, I think it was acid, last last he cleaned the tiles with the chemical, I had to pay him to do it, that was the only thing that worked, some was poured in the toilet bowl, it all peeled off. I am almost certain it was acid.

Terrible people everywhere
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by LadyRosa(f): 9:46pm On Aug 31, 2022
jeromestarks:

Why will it get stained?
You don't wash your toilet frequently.

If you have issue with toilet washing all the time,buy a gallon of hypo and sprinkle in your toilet atleast three times a week.You can sprinkle in the morning before going to work and flush off when you're back.

It helped to kill germs too.
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by Foodqueen(f): 10:35pm On Aug 31, 2022
Get hcl from chemical shop.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by jeromestarks: 12:16am On Sep 01, 2022
LadyRosa:

Why will it get stained?
You don't wash your toilet frequently.

If you have issue with toilet washing all the time,buy a gallon of hypo and sprinkle in your toilet atleast three times a week.You can sprinkle in the morning before going to work and flush off when you're back.

It helped to kill germs too.
Wow.
Thanks. Women are really trying in home maintenance.
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by jeromestarks: 12:17am On Sep 01, 2022
Acidosis:

Just get a new one. When the new one gets stained, hypo or harpic will work. The current one you have is too old.
Ok. Thanks a lot.
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by jeromestarks: 12:19am On Sep 01, 2022
frozen70:

Get battery acid water from a Batter charger

Drain the water in the closet with a mopping stick
Then pour the battery water into it but be careful because it's acid

Leave it for a while like 10mins and use toilet brush and omo to scrub it off

Then flush it out
See ideas.
Kudos.
Thanks.
Happy New Month.
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by jeromestarks: 12:21am On Sep 01, 2022
Foodqueen:
Get hcl from chemical shop.
Ok. Thanks.

For those who are in my shoes and don't know what HCl means. It's Hydrochloric acid.

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by jeromestarks: 12:23am On Sep 01, 2022
NoToPile:
You can use acid, the plumbers know which ones used.

Thats how I took hypo to one apartment we rented like that Chai hypo did nothing as strong as it is, some tenants are terrible sha white and blue kitchen tiles turned layered black the landlords Wifey was telling me she had even washed the one her strength could carry.

Asked the plumber if he knew what would work he said there's a chemical they use, I think it was acid, last last he cleaned the tiles with the chemical, I had to pay him to do it, that was the only thing that worked, some was poured in the toilet bowl, it all peeled off. I am almost certain it was acid.

Terrible people everywhere

Hahaha. E no easy o.
The thing get as e bi.
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by kingreign(m): 3:34am On Sep 01, 2022
jeromestarks:

Ok. Thanks.

Fir those who are my shoes and don't know what HCl means. It's Hydrochloric acid.
For folks advising him to get HCL, pls also let him be aware of the highly corrosive nature of HCL.
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by jeromestarks: 6:19am On Sep 01, 2022
kingreign:

For folks advising him to get HCL, pls also let him be aware of the highly corrosive nature of HCL.
For those who don't know what this comment mean. Please wear hand protective.

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by kingreign(m): 7:41am On Sep 01, 2022
jeromestarks:

For those who don't know what this comment mean. Please wear hand protective.

Not only hand protective. Face protection, full body protection. It’s a very powerful acid!
Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by frozen70(f): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2022
jeromestarks:

See ideas.
Kudos.
Thanks.
Happy New Month.

Thanks dear
Happy new month to you

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by InformationPro(f): 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
jeromestarks:

The Pink stuff toilet cleaner should get the job done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? by Johnlegacy57: 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
kingreign:

Not only hand protective. Face protection, full body protection. It’s a very powerful acid!
Basically don't allow the acid to touch you. Also don't pour water into the acid.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anikulapo Movie: What Are Your Thoughts? / Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? / A Delicious Pet Name 4 Hubby,lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.