Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,178 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:14 AM

Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA (39843 Views)

New Service Chiefs: 100 Military Generals May Be Retired / EFCC Threatened Me To Implicate Ex-President Jonathan, Adoke - Witness / Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by Islie: 8:43pm On Aug 31, 2022
By Victor Edozie

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has said some retired military generals in the country threatened to use their CIA contacts to deal with him if he did not do their bidding.

The Central Intelligence Agency of America (CIA) is the US intelligence service tasked with gathering, processing, and analyzing national security information from around the world, primarily through the use of human intelligence (HUMINT) and performing covert actions

Speaking in Port Harcourt, Rivers State capital, on Wednesday, Wike described as unfortunate the inability of those retired generals to use their contacts to solve the Boko Haram insurgency.

The governor spoke while flagging off internal road networks at Igwurita, Rivers.

Some people threatened that they are former generals, they are close to the CIA in America and they can deal with us. I said listen, no problem. If you are close to America CIA , why don’t you use it to solve Boko Haram problem. Is it on my body (me) you’ll use it? Nigeria has a serious problem and you are close to CIA, you know them as former generals, why not use that contact and solve Nigeria’s problem?

You want to use it to threaten me? Who are you that I should come and do your bidding? I say no to that. I will do the bidding of Nigerians, not the bidding of few people who believe that if they are not there, it should be their children.

No other child should come up outside theirs. I will not do that. So, all of us, prepare because a day shall come and Rivers State shall take a decision on what to do.”

Wike said if President Muhammadu Buhari does not renege on his pledge not to interfere with the conduct of the 2023 general elections, the All Progressives Congress (APC) will be doomed.

Such resolve, governor Wike noted means that president Buhari is serious about leaving an enduring legacy of conducting free and fair election.

“I thank Mr. President that he wants to leave a legacy of conducting a free and fair election.”

Governor Wike alleged that the APC-led federal government through the immediate past Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi, deployed the Nigerian Army to allegedly rig the 2019 general elections in Rivers State , but the people resisted and thwarted their scheme.

The governor also said he was in doubt of the promise made by the Independent National Electoral Commission( INEC) to deliver a better election.

“My problem is INEC, whether they will do what they said they will do. They are making promises now. I don’t know whether they will keep to it. If INEC will keep to the promises that Nigeria will get a better election, I will be so happy. Everybody will see with their eyes, Abuja does not vote. It is the people here that will vote.”

https://dailytrust.com/how-some-generals-threatened-me-with-cia-wike

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by pitobimandat: 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hmmm everything go dey oo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 31, 2022
cheesy APC and wickedness ehn

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2022
His known as a liar

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by 10mobile: 8:51pm On Aug 31, 2022
grin
Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by Massiveglory: 8:52pm On Aug 31, 2022
Wike said if President Muhammadu Buhari does not renege on his pledge not to interfere with the conduct of the 2023 general elections, the All Progressives Congress (APC) will be doomed.
Nothing but the truth. If pmb sticks to his words of ensuring free and fair elections at least 70% , forget about apc. Tinubu may not even come second.

165 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by omenka(m): 8:56pm On Aug 31, 2022
This is rather farfetched egbon Wike, the slayer of IPOBidients. smiley

Meanwhile, I'm kinda curious, has the word zoo been expunged from the English lexicon? This word which used to feature prominently around every thread here just months ago has suddenly vanished into thin air.

IPOB, what happened?

160 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by divinehand2003(m): 8:59pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hahaha

Wike has landed another big tori again oooo. Mr wailing wailer is at it again.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by slawomir: 9:00pm On Aug 31, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Wike the wicked

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by DropsMic(m): 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2022
H.mm
Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by DrRasheed: 9:02pm On Aug 31, 2022
Wallahi I admire Wike's boldness despite his anyhowness.. grin

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by DrRasheed: 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
Jhehe
Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by femisplash: 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
omenka:

Meanwhile, I'm kinda curious, has the word zoo been expunged from the English lexicon? This word which used to feature prominently around every thread here just months ago has suddenly vanished into thin air.

IPOB, what happened?
This happened

161 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by ATLIEN2027: 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
omenka:

IPOB, what happened?

The IPOB terrorists are now masquerading as Zombidients.
Once Peter Obi- tuary loses and Tinubu is sworn in as the next president of the federal Republic of Nigeria, they will go back to calling Nigeria zoo.

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by duro4chang(m): 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
Is it because of the issue in PDP or another issue? Na wa oooo.

161 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by SmartPolician: 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
Wike just wants to keep making noise until his last days in office.

However, the good part is that he's comissioning some projects while disturbing our peace.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by drdeath: 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
omenka:

IPOB, what happened?
It is true.I have observed the zoo word is not in usage again.Hmmm.........!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by FreeStuffsNG: 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/how-some-generals-threatened-me-with-cia-wike
The media is using HE Wike to sell ads and earn ad revenue. He needs experienced strategic media handlers so that he does not let the media dorminate his narratives.
Though arguable, this kind of media narrative is putting the label on all retired Generals of Northern extraction in the PDP which is not his intention.
check my signature for free stuffs!

160 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by Timekeeper452: 9:04pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hate him or love him. He is one of the strongest politicians currently. He fought and won rivers state despite everything APC did to win that state. He also almost won the presidential primary had he not been betrayed by Tambuwal, he still came second by a lot. Start listening to this guy when it comes to politics, he doesn’t give political statements, he gives you facts, and tells you to your face, if e dey pain you, e dey sweet am.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by Vlibray: 9:04pm On Aug 31, 2022
Wike is my favorite comedian

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by Hotfreeze: 9:04pm On Aug 31, 2022
omenka:

IPOB, what happened?

They are now repentant.
Repentant pigs grin

The funny thing is that you see wild animals who supported ipob now telling you that you don't love Nigeria because you refuse voting Obi. When did worthless pigs of ipob start loving Nigeria?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by scribble: 9:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
Why do all us Ambassador enter tinubu house to greet him

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by 07kjb: 9:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
omenka:

IPOB, what happened?

U don't talk like an ADULT

MAY GOD FORBID YOU FOREVER

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by Alphasoar(m): 9:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
Omo next year election na by force o, you must gree or you go CIA or FBI for questioning grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by bonechamberlain(m): 9:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
angry
The North want power by all means they already have Atiku in PDP and Shetima in APC (forget Tinubu, he is just a place holder) the only option the south has now is LP.
Wike knows this, but he needs to stop the too much talk for God sake. Talking everytime even when he is making sense can become tiring.

I won't be surprised if those paper generals are working for PDP or APC. more likely PDP.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by zinosleek(m): 9:06pm On Aug 31, 2022
Which of the retired General fit this bill
Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by Mccullum: 9:06pm On Aug 31, 2022
This man is a talkative.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by SmartPolician: 9:06pm On Aug 31, 2022
07kjb:

U don't talk like an ADULT

MAY GOD FORBID YOU FOREVER

There are no adults in Nairaland's politics section; it is a war zone! cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA by jrusky(m): 9:06pm On Aug 31, 2022
I don't understand Wike again? Pls how old is Wike? Can I call this as a sign of dementia or what?

CIA in Nigeria internal affairs when you are not a terrorist or a threat to Amerca or a wanted criminal?

Wike biko calm down this is getting to much.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNEC Students Procure Refreshments Ahead Of Tomorrow's Election / Properties Recovered So Far From Abdullahi Dikko, Ex-Custom Boss (Photos) / Fayose Quenching Fire At Phenrose Filling Station After Stopping His Convoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.