Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu (25316 Views)

Ayu Replies Wike: I Didn’t Collect N1 Billion From Anyone, Leave My Family Alone / Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Others Shun PDP Campaign Inauguration / Makinde,Ikpeazu Celebrate With Wike As Son Graduates From UK University [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by divinehand2003(m): 7:34am On Sep 01, 2022
‘They were nowhere when we formed PDP’Rivers governor demands state’s stake in party

Mimiko, Duke, Adoke, Gana accused of fueling crisis

NWC to meet Benue, Oyo, Enugu, Abia, A/Ibom governors

The crisis that has hit the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) escalated yesterday as the National Chairman, Dr. Iyorchia Ayu, drew the battle line with aggrieved chieftains calling for his resignation.

He described those calling for his removal as children who did not witness the birth of the main opposition party.

He said the “children” were nowhere when PDP was formed.

In 1999, when Ayu was a minister in the cabinet of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike was the chairman of Obio Akpor Local Government Area in Rivers State.

Ayu had earlier served as Senate President from 1992 and 1993 when Wike was a law student at the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt.

In a veiled reference to a caucus in his party demanding his sack, led by Wike, the chairman said he will not quit.

He insisted that he has a four-year mandate, adding that he has not spent a year in office.

Ayu said his fate was not tied to the presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, because he was a product of the party’s constitution.

However, Wike said he cannot be intimidated by anyone in the PDP.

He said Rivers will soon decide on the 2023 elections.

Ayu opened up for the first time on the protracted crisis in an interview with the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Hausa Service.

He said the leaders of the party will not allow any individual to destabilise it.

Ayu said: “I was voted as PDP chairman for a four-year tenure and I’m yet to complete a year.

“Atiku’s victory doesn’t affect the chairman’s position. I won my election based on our party’s constitution.

“I didn’t commit any offence; I’m only reforming the party. So, I’m not bothered by all the noises.

“I know I’m doing my work and I didn’t steal any money. So, I see no reason for all these talks.

“When we started PDP, these children were not around. They are children who do not know why we formed the party.

“We will not allow any individual to destabilise our party.”

Wike: get ready for decision

Wike, who spoke yesterday during the flag-off of Igwuruta road construction in Ikwere Local Government Area, told the crowd to get ready for an important decision soon.

The governor said Rivers would soon take a decision and declare its position on next year’s election.

He said Rivers’ votes would no longer be acquired freely, adding that those interested in the state’s support must make an acceptable offer to its people.

He said: “Nobody should come and deceive you. No amount of social media war against us can solve any problem.

“Anybody who wants our votes must tell us what is there for us. Our vote is no longer for dash. It is for you to tell us what you will give to us.

“If you have given to Adamawa, you have given to Benue and you have given to Delta, won’t you give Rivers? What should we take? You just want to come and collect votes. It won’t happen.

“The God of confusion will put confusion in them. They think it is Rivers State that they are doing. They are doing themselves. They will see confusion from now to the end until they withdraw and understand that there was no road there.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/pdp-crisis-ayu-hits-wike-ortom-makinde-ikpeazu/

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by divinehand2003(m): 7:35am On Sep 01, 2022
It clear that PDP crisis has no end in sight. This is good for Peter Obi and Tinubu’s camp.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by 10mobile: 7:36am On Sep 01, 2022
Ayu, fulfil your promise and be worthy of honour.

Meanwhile, this guy here is advising Nigerians on WHAT TO DO TO ATIKU AND TINUBU BEFORE THE POLITICAL CAMPAIGNS START...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NLh-owh6i4

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by blazingblender(m): 7:39am On Sep 01, 2022
Wike I know
Ayu I never heard

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by KanwuliaExtra: 7:39am On Sep 01, 2022
I reallly don’t understand this Ayu problem.
Ayu will not let Wike give him the “Secondus” treatment.

Atiku will NEVER go against Ayu.

So, let the aggrieved get ready for battle. Thank awa gods. This is not SW where assassinations are like eating kola.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by Dawn91(m): 7:39am On Sep 01, 2022
grin
Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:40am On Sep 01, 2022
Nah! He didn’t reply nobody or mention their names

Common duh

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by googlepikins: 7:40am On Sep 01, 2022
PDP is a dead party in the south. Northerners can keep them.

Atiku should better ask for his dollars delegates collected from him. Cos he can never win any state in the South

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:40am On Sep 01, 2022
Atiku don lule grin cheesy wink

This reminds us.....

Tinubu contested and won a Lagos senatorial election.
But when IBB banned all old generation politicians just to disqualify Yar'adua, Yar'adua put Atiku forward to run for President.
Prior to this time, Tinubu had jettisoned his Senate Presidential ambition to pave way for a Southern President.
At the Jos convention, Abiola and Adedibu had a long meeting with Yar'adua to drop his boy Atiku from the race so that Kingibe would not defeat MKO in the primary.
Yar'adua initially refused until people like Adedibu, Tinubu, Oladipo etc reminded him how they supported him against southerners before IBB disqualified him.
Yar'adua eventually surrendered and Atiku backed down, not willingly.

IN 1999, Atiku won Adamawa Governorship Election, Tinubu won Lagos Governorship Election.

OBJ picked Governor Elect Atiku as running mate, therefore, Atiku never had the opportunity of showing his capabilities to transform Adamawa.
Whereas, Tinubu grabbed the opportunity and turned Lagos to 4th Economy in Africa while Adamawa became a den of terrorism until Buhari dislodged the terror.
Boko haram that terrorised the state was formed in Borno during the regime of OBJ and Atiku but became a global worry under GEJ.

After 2003 election, when Obasanjo was molesting Atiku, Atiku ran to Tinubu his PFN brother for safety, he got it.
Tinubu formed and funded a political party when OBJ technically expelled Atiku from PDP. Tinubu gave Atiku the platform.
However, Atiku left thereafter to rejoin the PDP because Atiku couldn't cope with the little beginning of the AC,
he wanted a ready made party.
Tinubu must have told himself "Atiku is not following Yar'adua's ethics. Yar'adua was never a political olosho", Tinubu’s trust for Atiku evaporated.
And when Atiku lost in the PDP again, he was stranded. Tinubu and Buhari formed APC, immediately Atiku saw APC, he left PDP officially and ran to Tinubu again.
Buhari was afraid that Tinubu would jilt him for his PFN ally, despite many assurances, Buhari was sceptical until after Tinubu kept his promise at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos.
That was when Atiku also realised that he has lost Tinubu’s trust!!! Atiku again went back to the PDP after the general elections.

Atiku has been moving in and out of the PDP like a celebrity marriage, whereas Tinubu has never been a PDP man for one day.
Atiku is unstable politically, Tinubu is not just stable, his words are bankable, ask Buhari.
tiku is unlike Shehu Musa Yar'adua, ask Tinubu, ask OBJ and ask Nysome Wike.

2023 has brought the two students of the same teacher into a single contest, who actually got the best training and adhere strictly to it? Who has the magic wand of Tafida?
Nigerians have to make a clear choice between faithfulness or Promiscuity. Between Selflessness and Selfishness.
Between Tinubu’s Lagos Performance and Atiku's VP performance.
Between Tinubu’s ExxonMobil records and Atiku's Customs Records.

Between a Dubai based politician and a Lagos Based National Leader!!!

63 Likes 18 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by Michelle70(m): 7:40am On Sep 01, 2022
ok
Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:40am On Sep 01, 2022
Confusion in the camp of failures.

Double failures and losers everywhere......

Supporters of looters, failures, criminals and terrorist Una go collect .......

CITY BOY on the moveeeeee......

26 Likes 10 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by CalabarPikin: 7:40am On Sep 01, 2022
Hmm

This man will end up destroying all what Atiku have been running around for. Further killing the structure.
Anything to silent the evil parties we know to favour LP is welcomed though

5 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by adioolayi(m): 7:40am On Sep 01, 2022
E be like say na APC swear for PDP...

If not, they have the best of chance to get power from APC and they are busy with all these nonsense divisions...

How will they even think of going into elections with divided house

Have they forgotten it took big political parties to form a united alliance, called APC to unseat them in 2015

So, how will a divided PDP, now in opposition, win power from an incumbent APC that defeated a united PDP when they were in power

If PDP is serious, they just have to settle all rift and unite...

They need all their political stalwarts to execute this election....non is dispensable!

They have the best chance since 2015, owing to abysmal performance of APC in office....if they miss it this time, too bad!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by Omonieme: 7:40am On Sep 01, 2022
Ghen Ghen. I like this drama. I'm expecting Wike to drop a reply soonest. Na that im live band and him dance steps dey sweet me pass. Bunch of Selfish fellows.
Hey, happy new month to you and yours. It's ember month and we'll soon be in December. You or someone you know might be interested in getting a car before the end of the year. Well, I'm here to tell you that I've got several budget friendly auto deals that'll leave you with a good feeling. Why not click on my profile, check them out and send me a DM? As for those politicians, forget them. None of them get our interest

4 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by OMOJOHN001: 7:40am On Sep 01, 2022
Can TWO walk together except they agree?

Gosh, Hush, haa, ayiiee, harder, harder, hun,gently, slowly, faster faster. I am getting to hate politician the more.
Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by omenka(m): 7:41am On Sep 01, 2022
PDP must sink!!

I love the fact that Zombiedients wouldn't have any other party to return to in 2023 after the election (because we know they'd all wanna go back to supporting PDP and IPOB since LP will be no more) since Wike must have obliterated the party is ven before the elections.

Perhaps, APUGA would be their only lifeline left.

Would be such fun to behold their pain and confusion. smiley

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by Starships4u(m): 7:41am On Sep 01, 2022
Na uhna know....
Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:41am On Sep 01, 2022
omenka:
PDP must sink!!
GBAM!!!
PDP in NIGERIA AGAIN?!

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by Mstick: 7:42am On Sep 01, 2022
At this point PDP should just be disbanded.

I don't know and understand how this politicians think. A man left your party 4 good times during election periods, weakened your structure by running away with key stakeholders whenever the primaries isn't favourable to him.

That same man is the main reason your party lost the 2015 elections because he felt gruntled that Jonathan took the "north chance".

He came back in 2017 because PDP leaders promised to give him the ticket, he contested and won the primaries after the main election he ran to Dubai!

Now he's back again and with what Osita Chidoka said on space yesterday, he and the Northern politicians in PDP played the Southern politicians by asking them to keep the party primaries open since they want to zone the chairmanship to the North. *Yes our southern politicians are dumb*.

Now that same Osita Chidoka on that same space said Obi should come and have a sit down with Atiku and Atiku will sign a written document promising to do ONLY ONE term and hand over to Obi. *Yes our southern politicians are really dumb*

Because they believe Atiku the most desperate politician in Nigeria will accept one term after chasing the presidency all his life.

PDP has a BAD REWARD SYSTEM.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by Fiscus105(m): 7:42am On Sep 01, 2022
Keep on the infighting until opposition left you completely on the race. By this time of 2023, when you find urself far behind after election result, the infighting will die a natural cause.

South East votes gone already, south west not in sight, yet still fighting one another.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 01, 2022
Apc and pdp must stoop to concur
Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by googlepikins: 7:43am On Sep 01, 2022
Rare picture of Atiku in Kano State

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 01, 2022
H
Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by joeyswift(m): 7:45am On Sep 01, 2022
Ayu that is known as a serial failure wants to play the egbon card. He was impeached as senate president. Egbon Children dey grow pass their elders.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by Fuckyoumod: 7:46am On Sep 01, 2022
Lol
Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by bigdammyj: 7:47am On Sep 01, 2022
Noted.
Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by Ruggedniggaone: 7:48am On Sep 01, 2022
Mumu man
Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by AtikuOkowa: 7:49am On Sep 01, 2022
It is about Rivers now not Nigerian nor south because you know those behind have dumped you.

Even in Rivers,you will fail.

PDP all the way.

Tinubu my mentor.
Re: PDP Crisis: Ayu Replies Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ikpeazu by Godada(m): 7:49am On Sep 01, 2022

Wike the Wiked is shaking the table.

Wike is a wildcard.

He may be having his laugh now.

But posterity will not be kind to him.

He is a man that cannot be trusted.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC / INEC Chairman Accused Of Mounting Pressure On Rivers State REC / Court Convicts Four Cyber Criminals In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.