Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:35 PM

My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. (30823 Views)

Dad Sends His Wife Hilarious Photos Everytime She Asks If The Kids Are Okay / My Wife Is Pregnant Again And Our Kids Are Only 1 And 2 / Justice Anthony Okoro: DNA Confirms My 3 Kids Are Not My Biological Chidren (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by Mindlog: 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2022
newdawn2017:
if u need great insight especially as a single day, chat with @afriproud on ig, an experienceed child handler & observer she will put u through since she is an amateur child psychologist, yes. Cos u ve to start reintroducing urself to ur kids as they ve returned to a ferral State & re could be inductrinated against u. Thank me later

The bold worries me. sad

1 Like

Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by tonididdy(m): 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2022
Irupetepete:
My kids are being trained in an hotel.. Their mum works in an hotel and he takes the kids there to sleep, then he dress them up from their to school...

The kids went for holiday with my mom and you can't believe a 6 yrs old already knows how to loose a door key with a knife...
She doesn't have time for the kids and I, though am not really financially stable, I can still cater for them...

I need advice how I can take care of 2kids age 6 and 4, a boy and a girl...

I go out to work around 8 and come back around 6:30pm but I can always close around 6 cos it is my business...

For single fathers taking care of their kids, I need tips pls... Sometimes, they not staying with me and knowing the condition those kids are breaks my heart... I stay in a 2bedroom apartment with every amenities intact....

Pls help a brother.... I love my kids.... I and their mom have irreconcilable diffs...

What kind of business do you do ?
Hawking? You have a shop ? What What What?
During the school period, involve them in school activities that can keep them in school up until 5pm.
It means your business would have to shutdown daily by 5pm too.

Baths, cooking, sleeping are not really herculean tasks

Weekend dey follow you to the shop or you all sit home or go outing.

Most importantly, you need a car and maybe a maid. I'm not so keen on yhe maid idea tho.

Being a single father is not rocket science. H
Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by Pureeye001: 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
Why Hotel? Are both of you separated or what? and what kind of hotel will allow a woman with kids living in the hotel?
Please make haste while the sun shine.
Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by ojun50(m): 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2022
Op you can do it and dey can still leave with you HOW?

Enrol them in school, that close around 4pm
Befor 4:30 dey will arrive at yr place of biz, keep that there till when you are leaving, use that opportunity to do there home work and teacher them. When you get home by 7 pm, bath them, cook for them, ask them to watch TV, by 8pm food is ready, by them self dey will be feeling sleepy.

Them you have the rest of the night for yr self
Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by ejimatic: 7:29pm On Sep 02, 2022
Irupetepete:
My kids are being trained in an hotel.. Their mum works in an hotel and he takes the kids there to sleep, then he dress them up from their to school...

The kids went for holiday with my mom and you can't believe a 6 yrs old already knows how to loose a door key with a knife...
She doesn't have time for the kids and I, though am not really financially stable, I can still cater for them...

I go out to work around 8 and come back around 6:30pm but I can always close around 6 cos it is my business...

For single fathers taking care of their kids, I need tips pls... Sometimes, they not staying with me and knowing the condition those kids arBoth of them still e breaks my heart... I stay in a 2bedroom apartment with every amenities intact....

Pls help a brother.... I love my kids.... I and their mom have irreconcilable diffs...
Both of them still need the attention of their mother. It when they become 8 that you can talk about their custody. Why don't you reconcile with her because if yiur children? It is not good for children to be exposed to hotel activities!

1 Like

Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by Jewels4Life: 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
Your request is touching.

Why not put the children in Boarding house

There are very good ones

However where will they be during holidays

My suggestion is let the children stay with you

Register them in a school that has after hours

Pick them up
Let them be with you at your business and go home together

By the time you all get home they bath sleep

A routine is set
Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by frozen70(f): 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
Irupetepete:

For single fathers taking care of their kids, I need tips pls... Sometimes, they not staying with me and knowing the condition those kids are breaks my heart... I stay in a 2bedroom apartment with every amenities intact....

Since you can afford to live in a two bedroom flat, that means you can afford to take care of these kids, but you neglected them and left them with their mum

What else do you expect her to do with those kids

If you hate their mum then you have to do something about the kids

You can discuss with their mother what type of business she can do so that you set her up and get a room apartment for her

It's actually a shame that you are still alive and your children are squatting in a hotel

Do you know that these children are already exposed to the other bad side of life

Well I don't have any blame for their mother for doing what she did, that was the only way she can make a living and keep them going to school and feeding them

For her to be living in the hotel and works their, don't ask me if her job includes short time for quick service

I don't know what she diesytjeir as services and how she operates there

What I care is you getting accommodation for them and let them have a living

Pay their school fees and provide the much or little you can

Visit them often, spend time with them and play with them especially the children

Alternatively, negotiate with their mum to take the children to your mum and she is free to visit them as much as she wants

That too will be a relieve on her

As far as am concerned, you are not part of this children life
Untill you put them in a decent home and place and take charge of their education

1 Like

Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by GreyLaw(m): 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
LienwaltAbel:
Africans. No money in the bank, no money stored up somewhere, but they'll decide to marry and give birth. Poor people need to be stopped from giving birth totally. That is how these kids will grow up to be something else. I really love how China handled their one child policy. You Bleep up, you collect.

A very stupid submission. You lack education. In fact, you deserve to be reschooled. Poor people are found everywhere in the world. China used one child policy due to over population and not due to poverty. Have you ever been to China? Do you see where some people live there? Or you stay in your bedroom in Nigeria and type nonsense?

Poor people are everywhere on this planet and yes, they marry and procreate. It is a human thing to procreate. Your stupidity cannot stop it. You come on a public forum and insult Africans and insinuate that Africans are poor. I am sure you have no proper knowledge of English language else you would have understood that what you wrote up there is nonsensical and insulting to sane Africans.

Go and stop the poor from procreating side you are God or you are the government. Your phone should be taken away from you because you are dangerous to society! Rubbish!
Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by Ybaby: 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2022
Irupetepete:
she works in an hotel... How sane is it to train my kids in an hotel? I rented a 2bedroom with everything needed in a home in it..their mom stays with her mother and my kids sleeps on a mat cos they live in a room apartment with no security.... The day I went visiting, I couldn't cry at what I see... The kids stray on the street... There are things I can't even mention... She can't stay with a husband because she believes she deserves someone like dangote or otedola....it is clear we can't be together and am not against that but you can't train my kids from an hotel

When you go to work who will look after them lets imagine you take them away from their mum?

Why not leave the kids with their mum, my advise is that you move to a single room and move your kids and their primary caregiver to your current 2 bedroom flat so she will have no excuse to raise your kids in a hotel.

They will be raised in a their father's 2 bedroom flat with all basic amenties, food etc... hope the 2 bedroom is in a compound so they will not be roaming around, also get them a lesson teacher so they can brush up academically.

If possible get them a car and driver that will take them to school and back or send thier mum to driving school so she can drive the car and take them to school.

All good fathers provide shelter even if they break up with the mum.
Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by mariahAngel(f): 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
Pureeye001:
Why Hotel? Are both of you separated or what? and what kind of hotel will allow a woman with kids living in the hotel?
Please make haste while the sun shine.

One without standards.
Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by newdawn2017(f): 10:44pm On Sep 02, 2022
Mindlog:

The bold worries me. sad
yes because she hasn't gone professional yet. G its something she is passionate about based on her 1st hand experience. & She is very passionate about kids.
Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by Mindlog: 10:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
newdawn2017:
yes because she hasn't gone professional yet. G its something she is passionate about based on her 1st hand experience. & She is very passionate about kids.

Ok. I understand the passion but an "amateur child psychologist" does not exist, rather a newly qualified Child Psychologist.

To even be addressed as a Child Psychologist in most western countries, you MUST have a Doctorate in Child Psychology while in many African countries, a Masters in Child Psychology is the basic minimum qualification to be addressed as a Child Psychologist.

I encourage her to go back to school and get qualified as it would empower her with clinical knowledge of issues relating to children.

3 Likes

Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by Pearl05(f): 5:17am On Sep 03, 2022
Enrol your kids at school close to your business area so you can easily pick drop and pick them up. You can get an older nanny that can be coming Friday and stay through Sunday. She will help in weekly shopping, cooking different soups/stew and stock up the freezer ( if your light is guaranteed) the soup should be stored in smaller plates that can serve one eating for family.

Don't make mistake of feeding them with too much snacks and carbonated drinks rather stock your house with seasonal fruits.

Get them 2 pairs of uniforms , stocks, shoes each.

Buy a pack of pencil, easer, sharpener, crayon and keep at home.

Very important, don't go about bringing different ladies to the house. Don't confuse and plant dirty lifestyle in them.

Above all get nearer to God , pray together with your kids.
Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by ThierryJay: 9:10am On Sep 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Questions for you...

1. have you ever paid her some sort of child support before now to help with care for your children or have instead expected her to shoulder the cost all by herself till now?? undecided

2. She may not be making enough to afford a better situation for her kids but that doesn't mean she is not a capable mother though. You mention she lives with her mother so does grandma not like being with the kids or something that she has to take them to work with her? undecided

3. More importantly, where you previously married to this woman and are you legally able to pursue what you intend, of course with her sign-off or are you simply attempting here to suggest that since you have a two bedroom apartment with amenities, that you will make a better parent?, undecided

Now that the OP is the one in custody of the kids, I didnt see you advise him to collect child support from his baby mama like he was doing for her previously. Afterall this is 2022 where there are no gender roles in family as you've implied. Or should he be the only one to bear the cost of raising the kids as you pushed for her??

The feminist stench of your hypocrisy would make a LAWMA truck smell nice.
Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by Powerfly(f): 9:18am On Sep 03, 2022
Irupetepete:
she works in an hotel... How sane is it to train my kids in an hotel? I rented a 2bedroom with everything needed in a home in it..their mom stays with her mother and my kids sleeps on a mat cos they live in a room apartment with no security.... The day I went visiting, I couldn't cry at what I see... The kids stray on the street... There are things I can't even mention... She can't stay with a husband because she believes she deserves someone like dangote or otedola....it is clear we can't be together and am not against that but you can't train my kids from an hotel

So why didn't you take custody of your kids while they were young?
ABI you just wake up now realise say they're not doing well.
Why didn't you provide a better accommodation for them for the sake of your kids?
Tell us..let's know how to profer solutions.
Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Sep 03, 2022
ThierryJay:
1. Now that the OP is the one in custody of the kids, I didnt see you advise him to collect child support from his baby mama like he was doing for her previously.
Afterall this is 2022 where there are no gender roles in family as you've implied. Or should he be the only one to bear the cost of raising the kids as you pushed for her??

The feminist stench of your hypocrisy would make a LAWMA truck smell nice.
1. He can ofcourse collect child support from her if he chooses. Last I checked it is a choice and not a mandate even in Nigeria. undecided

2. The hypocrisy you smell is yours not mine abeg. undecided
Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by LienwaltAbel(m): 11:22am On Sep 04, 2022
GreyLaw:

A very stupid submission. You lack education. In fact, you deserve to be reschooled. Poor people are found everywhere in the world. China used one child policy due to over population and not due to poverty. Have you ever been to China? Do you see where some people live there? Or you stay in your bedroom in Nigeria and type nonsense?

Poor people are everywhere on this planet and yes, they marry and procreate. It is a human thing to procreate. Your stupidity cannot stop it. You come on a public forum and insult Africans and insinuate that Africans are poor. I am sure you have no proper knowledge of English language else you would have understood that what you wrote up there is nonsensical and insulting to sane Africans.

Go and stop the poor from procreating side you are God or you are the government. Your phone should be taken away from you because you are dangerous to society! Rubbish!
Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique oamj42
Rule 2

I don't want to reply this rubbish
Re: My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. by TinaG(f): 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2022
Irupetepete:
I called her this night and she said no problem I can have them... I just need tips on how to cope with them... I know it's not gonna be easy but it is a duty and challenge am ready to face

Put them in a school close to your business place so you can go out with them in the morning and still pick them after school ,then you will be with them in the shop .. secondly always put clothes for them while going out so that they can change when they close from school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Mrs. Bernadette Chidi has been found / The Pleasant And Awful Surprises Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.