Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home (19425 Views)

Okada Ban: Who Is Experiencing This Thing In Lagos Of Late? / The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / Truck Had Brake Failure, Crashes Into A Building At Iyana-isolo (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Sablexxxtoons: 6:07am On Sep 02, 2022
SocialJustice:
Nigerians and pride, they can afford personal motorcycle but look down on it. Trek and suffer. Poor people when get pride.

The issue is complex.. its not only politcs i feel.. the okadas are a security threat..

Truly we should embrace bike individual purchase more..

The trekking is good for the body..lol

An opportunity for keke and korope business

And how long will it last,? they always come back the okadas, like cockroaches

1 Like

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Slickest(m): 6:10am On Sep 02, 2022
Lets be realistic, in as much as they're very useful they also are very deadly. People have died, it took another to be snuffed out before this was enforced

1 Like

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Realguyman1(m): 6:12am On Sep 02, 2022
Difrent:

YOU no get point abeg.

Most of una just dey talk nonsense because of Tinubu. I've been to Benin and warri.....there are no Okadas there since more than 10 years . Life no end and those are PDP states. No let hatred for Tinubu blind you from reality or make you run mad because only people of insane mind talk from both sides of their mouth like this
But the areas that are not motorable in Benin and warri have either okada or Keke na.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Lifestone(m): 6:13am On Sep 02, 2022
Ceenachi:
This is one of the reasons why we should vote for APC again. emilokan will take Nigeria from bottom to bottomless pit

But the can’t ban generators and give us steady electricity

May Nigeria never happen to us
So what's wrong with this policy. You certainly do not stay in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by tamdun: 6:24am On Sep 02, 2022
Lifestone:

So what's wrong with this policy. You certainly do not stay in Lagos
Just ignore them, okada was banned in anambra, kano, kaduna etc, nobody cares but when it comes to lagos, everyone go turn to activist

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Difrent: 6:31am On Sep 02, 2022
Realguyman1:
But the areas that are not motorable in Benin and warri have either okada or Keke na.

NO OKADA.....NA KEKE....and they are PDP states. Why make it an APC thing just because you dislike Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by byteem: 6:43am On Sep 02, 2022
Jostoman:
The Fear of loosing Lagos to opposition party in 2023. Fear catch them when they hear how many hausa Fulani that register for PVC in Lagos, Only God know how many Okada them don crush now.

Don't politicize this.. I don't like sanwo I think he is a stooge and a puppet but on this I am with him 100 percent ..lagosians demanded for it and we are not complaining.. it is stressful yes but we prefer this to aboki flooding everywhere and everything in the name of okada .. violent lots ....their wahala had become too much in Lagos.. we will rather treck than have them turn Lagos to sambisa.. Lagos will give an alternative..it will regulate .. the market is too big to ignore.. an app will be built like gokada as we.had before but this time more organized.. it's already being worked on
. For now let's clear everywhere ban all across Lagos .. let the ban continue

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Flo36: 6:47am On Sep 02, 2022
Warlord12:
Lagos is for the rich
shut up your mouth, Lagos is for the rich,is maroko and agegunle not part of Lagos? Anytime you manage get small data you will be posting nonsense. They promised 5million job every year but unable to fulfill their promise.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by byteem: 6:48am On Sep 02, 2022
[quote author=hedonido post=116273049]Lagos is largely unliveable. And I don't mean them Ikoyi, VI, Ikeja GRA and the likes. I mean the real Lagos.

Traffic gridlock go frustrate your life such that even if you have a car, driving it around is such a hassle. Okay you say make you leave car for house take Okada do some sharp sharp movements, them kuku ban the Okada.

I really feel for folks living there full time. [/

So where do u live humour me.. it better not be another part of Naija cos it will be sad for u
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by byteem: 6:53am On Sep 02, 2022
RZArecta:
Sufferhead state, always putting the cart before the horse or killing a good horse just for the fun of it. They made sure they destroyed Gokada and co where all riders were verified just so they could do this nonsense without a cheap alternative for a state with 20 million residents cool

Sharrap and leave our Lagos alone we like it like that.. if you saw what those gokada and opay bikes were doing on our roads u will appreciate why they had to go.. only lagosians understand Lagos.. for outsiders u cant just relate .. even though you guys are worse off keep decieving your selves.. lagosians will be fit .. mandatory exercise.. the vacuum will be filled u can be certain of that.. more korope and Keke will fill the vacuum sharp sharp..Lagos will move on
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Mrtaye: 6:55am On Sep 02, 2022
adioolayi:
Exercise is good...

Even in developed countries....you sometimes walk 20minutes to train, bus stations..

We have been a bit lazy...

Less crime, less hospitalisation from accident, less death from Accident, less noise pollution and so on..

We are adjusting
Oga stop comparing developed countries with Nigeria,can you walk 10pm without being robbed or attacked by hoodlums or robbers
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by RZArecta(m): 6:57am On Sep 02, 2022
byteem:

Sharrap and leave our Lagos alone we like it like that.. if you saw what those gokada and opay bikes were doing on our roads u will appreciate why they had to go.. only lagosians understand Lagos.. for outsiders u cant just relate .. even though you guys are worse off keep decieving your selves.. lagosians will be fit .. mandatory exercise.. the vacuum will be filled u can be certain of that.. more korope and Keke will fill the vacuum sharp sharp..Lagos will move on
see oluku wey dey bark like nkita grin come carry me comot from Lagos na grin whether craze no dey worry you
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by hedonido: 6:59am On Sep 02, 2022
[quote author=byteem post=116274694][/quote]

What is sad for you is that you don't know that there are saner, better places to live in Nigeria than Lagos. Nigeria is a shit hole in totality but then, in a matter of comparative badness, Lagos is as bad as it gets.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by adioolayi(m): 7:00am On Sep 02, 2022
Mrtaye:

Oga stop comparing developed countries with Nigeria,can you walk 10pm without being robbed or attacked by hoodlums or robbers

Jumping bikes from 8pm is worse off!

Where do you even see bikes at 10pm if not criminal bikes

In my area here, bikes activity closes 7:30pm!

If you never reach...you trek!

So now that there is total ban...na to trek!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by ufotunang: 7:06am On Sep 02, 2022
Nigerians are just suffering in this APC government...is this the change Lagosians and nigerians voted for
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Brushstrokes20: 7:12am On Sep 02, 2022
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it! undecided
The sadistic, satanic govt of SELF SERVING THIEVES is hell bent on unleashing hell on the citizens undecided
Una Cup go soon full angry
Awon eleribu, jegudu jera, mashanfani eda gbogbo!
And ogun kill any brainless zombie that quotes me to spit trash, BAAAASTARRRDS! undecided
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by gannod(m): 7:16am On Sep 02, 2022
Those terrorists from the north should go back to their terrorism-infested region. You can not destroy your region and seek to enjoy peace in other regions. Other Southwest states should do the needful.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by byteem: 7:20am On Sep 02, 2022
hedonido:

What is sad for you is that you don't know that there are saner, better places to live in Nigeria than Lagos. Nigeria is a shit hole in totality but then, in a matter of comparative badness, Lagos is as bad as it gets.

For your mind now u don write English abi.. dey ur dey and leave our Lagos alone.. we like it like that..we don't want bikes .. abii is it your Lagos.. we will get there..
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by SocialJustice: 7:23am On Sep 02, 2022
Sablexxxtoons:

The issue is complex.. its not only politcs i feel.. the okadas are a security threat..

Truly we should embrace bike individual purchase more..

The trekking is good for the body..lol

An opportunity for keke and korope business

And how long will it last,? they always come back the okadas, like cockroaches

Policy somersault, Nigeria's biggest problem.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by olatuns2017: 7:23am On Sep 02, 2022
KINGBEN1:
The ban was largely observed in Isolo Lagos.

How long can this last. Lagosians grumbled, no alternative available as there was gridlock and many were seen trekking home.

I trekked from Iyana Isolo, i.e. Laspoly to Jakande gate today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp8HatusLWg

Go back to your villiage

Leave Lagos alone

Go and enjoy your Monday public holiday

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Hyperchi(m): 7:25am On Sep 02, 2022
So ppl from village for Ogun state they type,, but them they here they claim lagosian, abge if u have never been to isolo, ejigbo, ikotun, jakanda gate. U will never understand what we living there face, the level of traffic grill is like that of Lagos Ibadan express
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Clean2016: 7:27am On Sep 02, 2022
KINGBEN1:
The ban was largely observed in Isolo Lagos.

How long can this last. Lagosians grumbled, no alternative available as there was gridlock and many were seen trekking home.

I trekked from Iyana Isolo, i.e. Laspoly to Jakande gate today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp8HatusLWg

After a few days, everything will sort itself out. We witnessed it in PHC years ago when Amaechi banned them. It was like the heaven will come down....we are more grateful for banning the nuisance. No more broken bones, cars jamming, tail light breakage and serious robbery.

In the next 2 weeks, you will enjoy it. Trekking is also a good exercise. If Govt didn't provide alternative it's opportunity for you to cash in on that

1 Like

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by byteem: 7:30am On Sep 02, 2022
RZArecta:
see oluku wey dey bark like nkita grin come carry me comot from Lagos na grin whether craze no dey worry you

Oh so u even dey here sef.. no need to waste space for ya head.. keep trekking.. exercise
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Clean2016: 7:31am On Sep 02, 2022
Difrent:

YOU no get point abeg.

Thank you jor... Nonsense... Rivers banned okada in major city for over 10 years now.. It's lovely things
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by DIVAD2000: 7:31am On Sep 02, 2022
delpee:
Sorry o but so it happened when they were banned from the first set of LGAs. More mini buses and Keke showed up and life goes on. Adjustments will take place soon. There'll be sanity on the roads and improvements in the security situation. They should persevere for a short while.

Motorcycles should be regulated, not banned.
So many Yoruba men drive this to feed their families too.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Realdeals(m): 7:44am On Sep 02, 2022
The Okada ban is to force exercising on the citizens, I grew up in these area when there were no Okada, and we used to trek these distances. From Laspotech to Oke afa, gate and even ejigbo sometimes. Same from Daleko to Ojuwoye etc.

I think the ban will promote healthy body activities.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by dealslip(f): 7:44am On Sep 02, 2022
They aren't banned because of elections. It's for security reasons. There are indication that terrorist have infiltrated Lagos, all under the guise of Okada. Remember that the amount of foreigners that have entered Lagos is unprecedented. Malians and Niger. Be careful

1 Like

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Whois(m): 7:44am On Sep 02, 2022
Those working in Ladipo and staying in places like ikotun, jakande gate, ejigbo will suffer it more. Mushin to ikotun hold up is no bodies mate
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by YeePeyHaa: 7:55am On Sep 02, 2022
Government of some people by some people for some people
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by virginchaser(m): 7:57am On Sep 02, 2022
They will eventually flood Ogun axis of Lagos.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by mecuries(m): 8:04am On Sep 02, 2022
How about indigenes of the state that sorely depends on the man being a bike rider?.. this menace would have been stopped if only the government listened to various media outlets on the influx of abokis into the state with no skill whatsoever. They come in drones and within a day or two, you'd notice them driving bikes.... what's next for them? Obviously, crime. Lagos has become more unsafe for it's people
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by kuntash: 8:05am On Sep 02, 2022
Jostoman:
The Fear of loosing Lagos to opposition party in 2023. Fear catch them when they hear how many hausa Fulani that register for PVC in Lagos, Only God know how many Okada them don crush now.

I differ on the reason for the ban was for politics, far from it. It's purely on security matters , and it's long way overdue.
As a matter of fact politically it would affect the APC , because their rigging machineries are usually given the task of collecting the revenue from this Okada people , and stopping that is like working against themselves.

It's a good move and commendable, lets isolate politics , there may be temporary pain but the sanity and security that may follow is worth it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes / Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ogun, Two Die, 12 Vehicles Burnt / The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.