Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

My Parents And My Earnings - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents And My Earnings (597 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex / How I Shared Christmas Money Between My Parents And Inlaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents And My Earnings by Oluwatoyink(m): 8:34am On Sep 02, 2022
Good day everyone,
I'm 21 and because of ASUU strike has been doing some jobs which I earn little from.

I planned to save them to buy a new phone and the likes.

But if a bill arises like NEPA bill, Gas filling etc and no one is around, I usually foot the bill.

This had made me spend unplanned.

As I cannot ask my parents for a refund , what do I do?
Re: My Parents And My Earnings by Mindlog: 9:18am On Sep 02, 2022
Oluwatoyink:
Good day everyone,
I'm 21 and because of ASUU strike has been doing some jobs which I earn little from.

But if a bill arises like NEPA bill, Gas filling etc and no one is around, I usually foot the bill.

Even though you are a student, you are not too young to help out with such when the need arises, so you continue paying for such bills as part of your own financial contribution in running the home until the strike is called off.

3 Likes

Re: My Parents And My Earnings by frozen70(f): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
Oluwatoyink:
Good day everyone,

You are trying to save for your personal effects
You end up spending on house matters

What about your parents, are they tired of doing that or you want to assist them

It's too early for you to start picking up bills while in school and your parents can still foot those bills

I think you should save for your resumption and plan to get personal effects that you may need so that you don't ask your parents for money when going back to school

Meanwhile, you are doing good by practicing how to take responsibilities
Re: My Parents And My Earnings by shege45: 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
Oluwatoyink:
Good day everyone,

i no understand, no b the gas una dey cook wetin una go chop? Or u no dey use the light? Show your parents you are responsible by doing these things. You are not too young to contribute at home,

2 Likes

Re: My Parents And My Earnings by Fahvvy: 2:39am On Sep 03, 2022
You're doing very well sir...
Don't relent and don't allow anyone make you think otherwise...
And also, try and save for school too...

As for the phone, you can put that aside for now and manage the one you used to make this post, atleast until you get more money to spare ..
Re: My Parents And My Earnings by duduade: 6:52am On Sep 03, 2022
This is it

the young generation are putting their needs and wants before before their parents own

Most seem to have forgotten about the sacrifices our parents made for their children

(1) (Reply)

Puff Puff Mix / After 2 Kids, He Said God Told Him To Divorce Me" 21yrold Lady Married To Pastor / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.