Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? (12155 Views)

₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? / Don't Bother To Go For Physical Verification If You Are Already Employed. / 5000 Nigerians To Be Employed As TSTV Launches October 1st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 02, 2022
SELF-EMPLOYED VS EMPLOYEE

From my point of view, it is better to be self-employed than to be an employee. The advantages of being self employed far outweigh the one of being an employee. Two of the key advantages of being self-employed that I cherish most are:
1. As an entrepreneur, Your business can be inherited while as an employee, your employment can not be inherited.
2. Most employee ( in private sector) are employed by the self-employed folks.

Please share your own view about this subject of discussion in the comments below:

6 Likes

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by IyaTola: 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
Don't be competing with someone you should be learning from"

I have never liked competition.

Every time I compete, I feel pressured and disconnected from others.

I love harmony, peace, collaboration, and win-win situations, kind of like “me happy, you happy.”

I don’t need to watch another person lose the game to feel good about myself.

I don’t need to dominate or put someone else down in order to feel superior and worthy.

In Nigeria, competing is perceived as a sign of ambition, power, and strength.

Most of us grew up hearing constant comparisons, which turned into a habit during our adult lives:

“Do I look better than her? I want to be slimmer.”

“How much is he earning? I want more.”

“Where does she live? I want a house at least that size in Lekki.”

Which car does she/he drives? I want an expensive car

And so on…

Teachers were always making comparisons between students, parents would compare their children to their friends’ or neighbors’ kids, and no one truly encouraged individual talents.

Competitions are almost always win-lose situations.

People who don’t want competition in their lives tend to believe in win-win scenarios.

Instead of looking for ways they can outsmart their opponent, they search for methods to team up with them and overcome whatever obstacle that they face together instead of apart.

By doing that, they double the chance for success

So here what I’ve learned: Everyone is on their own path, and we all do what’s right for ourselves, in our own time.

I believe we live in a supportive Universe where everything unfolds perfectly—at the right time, in the right place.

Comparing ourselves to others is an infinite source of stress and frustration, and it doesn’t serve us well.

I have helped a lot of people to become a Trainer and Data Analyst.

I have given a lot of training and job opportunities to other people too

I believe the world needs fewer fighters and competitors.

The world needs more givers, peacemakers, and soul nurturers, and it also needs more compassion.

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by IyaTola: 1:35pm On Sep 02, 2022
You can earn more. As an employee, you have a salary, and unless you have a bonus scheme, that is the limit of your earning potential. As self-employed you have freedom and the money you make is not counted money

The biggest perk of working for yourself is the flexibility to choose your working hours, take time off whenever you want and (perhaps) work in your comfort zone

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by iCauseTrouble: 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
Entrepreneurship is not as easy as people paint it. Any small mistake or miscalculation, your back is already on the ground and you may not be able to come back.
If you have a well paying job, stick to it and use your spare time to build your business. After the business is sustainable, you can resign from your job and build your business more.

89 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by BATified2023: 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
I have been there both as an employee n an employer
What I observe is that there are advantages to both same with disadvantages it only outweigh each other based on certain factors

If u are working for someone,there are 2 conditions attached

The pay (meagre or reasonable)
The environment (toxic or accommodating)

As an employee your pay is not sure especially in a country with no reasonable Labour law n as a self employed person if u can’t manage funds,human n d likes u will have problem with your business

As an employee non chalant attitude might worry u atimes since u know d worst is u leave but in your own biz u put your life on it….this can b seen in how government worker handle government work n how they handle their personal business

As an employee u only think about job security n how to manage your salary but as a self employed person it’s beyond that

Your risk management must b very high as a self employed person n optimization must always come to play,how u use little resources to get the best results

U put in more time n effort as a self employed person unlike being an employee

All I see is that it depends though based on your conditions,d pay,d environment,your mindset n your goals amongst other

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by FalseProphet1(m): 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
In Nigeria neither of them is good cos both are slavery.

This I have seen.

2 Likes

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by iykofias(m): 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
Self employed were once employees

10 Likes

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by TechBaron: 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
You've never heard of those remote workers earning up to $10,000 every month...

They're still employees.

I believe say you no like entrepreneurship pass them.

There's a type of salary that you'd be offered that would make you forget how to spell entrepreneurship.

Not saying that being self employed doesn't have it's perks though.

One man's meat, could be another man's poison.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by tolumizzy(m): 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
Self employed oooo
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by socialmediaman: 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Machinegun91(m): 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
Yahoo boys belongs where?

3 Likes

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Hisincrease: 1:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
There’s no need comparing both status.

An employee can do better, financially than an employer. Conversely, an employer enjoys so much privileges and opportunities that an employee may never attract in his/her productive years.

The bottom line is to know what fits you at any moment of your life and grow therein.

Life is in phases.

Whether employer or employee, if you’re excellent at what you do, people will seek for you.

Peace!

4 Likes

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Olam09(m): 2:00pm On Sep 02, 2022
grin Self employed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by ednut1(m): 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2022
Over 80% of businesses fail with 3 years in Nigeria. Being self employed most times will drive you crazy with stress, unforeseen expenses, no cash flow, tax and levies etc. as for me its employment while i invest my salary in real estate to collect rent by the side o. Even if i later do business i wont quit my job

12 Likes

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Brendaniel: 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2022
Don't just be jobless

7 Likes

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Difrent: 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
Welkincollege:
SELF-EMPLOYED VS EMPLOYEE

From my point of view, it is better to be self-employed than to be an employee. The advantages of being self employed far outweigh the one of being an employee. Two of the key advantages of being self-employed that I cherish most are:
1. As an entrepreneur, Your business can be inherited while as an employee, your employment can not be inherited.
2. Most employee ( in private sector) are employed by the self-employed folks.

Please share your own view about this subject of discussion in the comments below:

If everyone is self employed who will work for the self employed or is it that you will do all the work alone then you end up with only small family run businesses
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Hotfreeze: 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
Rubbish. Someone selling okrika clothes or selling trinkets and fake watches is claiming entrepreneur and looking down on a Senior Manager who is an employee in Diageo or Chevron.

The end products are income, networth and quality of life. Whatever gives you those, go for it.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Honchoslim16(m): 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
My opps just went to jail, I paid the bros to go and pap 'em out
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Landmack: 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
If you work in well paid job ...u will also want to have a side Biz which can in turn employ others

But if u work in a poor paying job...u will never grow.

So weigh it
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Connected1: 2:05pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hm
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Sammy07: 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
sad

OP self.
You can be an employee and also be a self employed.

And you will be far richer than only self employed.
Hope you know business also needs constant running of cash (Working capital)

2 Likes

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Jcob(m): 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
Both!
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by 21savages: 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
Are this dogs Gay?
Cux non of them has breast.
iykofias:
Self employed were once employees
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Seankhalifa: 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
Na country cast... been self employed is the best
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by chris4gold(m): 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
Only if you know what it takes to be self employed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Hotfreeze: 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
Olam09:
Self employed..
I make 100k on my biz every month i feed and nuture my needs with this same biz and at the end of the month i still have 100k as savings.

A young Attorney under 30 in Chevron gets 2.5M every month.
That's your 2 years profit.

You are self employed because you no see better work.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by judedwriter(m): 2:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
Being self employed is much better, as you can make more money, but it comes will kinds of risks.

On the flip side, It's better to be an employee only if your salary is very good and your employers are nice. (rare)
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Connected1: 2:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
We all have our own desires and goals, it's just that some persons choose to follow that of others, my sister from day one always wanted to be an Employee but myself on the other hand always wanted to own a company.

Many folks just follow the herd, Business is risky and shouldn't be ventured into without a solid foundation/capital or plan but you can get employed without having a dime or plan.

There are few legitimate successful self employed people that are better than salary earners, until your business becomes firm and well known, you won't start enjoying the non-monetary benefits, sometimes it may never become known but as an employee you can start enjoying whatever non-monetary benefits immediately.

So I will say being employed is better than being self employed.

1 Like

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by yusufmurry: 2:09pm On Sep 02, 2022
The endpoint is, which places food on your table or pays your bill?

3 Likes

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by donsheddy1(m): 2:09pm On Sep 02, 2022
Being self-employed is the best. Talking of holidays, a self employed boss who has spent time building his company to run when he's not there just have the whole time to himself to further learn new skills, go on countless holidays, or even perfecting another money stream for himself.

Working as an employee most times don't give you the time to improve on yourself.

I design and develop websites

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vacancies @ Etihad / / 2021 Sterling Bank Plc Management Development Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.